Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:I've seen that on tom's hardware. They took the heat sink off of an AMD processor, then overclocked it, and it exploded.

Mine didn't explode, but mine fried, which is why I only use a laptop for designing shirts. It smells like a dirty diaper filled with Indian food. or a turd covered in burnt hair.

60 percent of the time, it works everytime.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
allawayr wrote:At Dickinson they keep stressing the evals....apparently they are directly related to pay (and tenure for the newer professors).

You work at Fairleigh Dickinson?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:dang, it, um, does.

I'm going to try to send the slug pirate in to woot for a daily, so I took it off my sig while I work on it.

That'd be cool! Good luck on that.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Mine didn't explode, but mine fried, which is why I only use a laptop for designing shirts. It smells like a dirty diaper filled with Indian food. or a turd covered in burnt hair.

60 percent of the time, it works everytime.

Eww... I've smelled diapers that had definite odors, but Indian food isn't one of them thankfully. Although a few looked like curry....

Night all... good luck on your shirts. I'm going to give an award this week to

BEST TRULY GEEK ENTRY

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Eww... I've smelled diapers that had definite odors, but Indian food isn't one of them thankfully. Although a few looked like curry....

Night all... good luck on your shirts. I'm going to give an award this week to

BEST TRULY GEEK ENTRY

sorry... just quoting Anchorman.

What's that baxter? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

allawayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allawayr
daedalusknight wrote:You work at Fairleigh Dickinson?

I attend Dickinson College...but nice thought! ;)

SkekTek

allawayr wrote:I attend Dickinson College...but nice thought! ;)

Heh. You're like 2 hours away...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:sorry... just quoting Anchorman.

What's that baxter? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.

Oooh Baxter...you are my little gentleman. I'll take you to foggy Londontown because you are my little gentleman.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

are we giving out awards this week? I want to give out a Most Interesting Design award.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Oooh Baxter...you are my little gentleman. I'll take you to foggy Londontown because you are my little gentleman.

You're so wise. You're like a miniature buddha covered in hair.

I'm giving not giving out awards anymore. It's too much work to have to look at all the entries and think about them. [sarcasm]I usually only vote for people I know and entries in the hotness.[/sarcasm]

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:You're so wise. You're like a miniature buddha covered in hair.

I'm giving not giving out awards anymore. It's too much work to have to look at all the entries and think about them. [sarcasm]I usually only vote for people I know and entries in the hotness.[/sarcasm]

I do not give out awards because I am utterly inept at arty things so it would be inappropriate. Besides, we all know by now that James Cho is my sex bomb and so he automatically wins every time.

I think I have an ear infection. Or meningitis. Frown.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:I do not give out awards because I am utterly inept at arty things so it would be inappropriate. Besides, we all know by now that James Cho is my sex bomb and so he automatically wins every time.

You could be like Adder and be a "critic."

Meningitis has some pretty specific syptoms according to Web MD... my wife makes me look them up whenever she has a bad headache with a cold.

You know I don't speak spanish.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:You could be like Adder and be a "critic."

Meningitis has some pretty specific syptoms according to Web MD... my wife makes me look them up whenever she has a bad headache with a cold.

You know I don't speak spanish.

I could be like Adder, yes, but I actually have friends.

God, that is so NOT what all my leadership stuff is about. Don't tell my coaches, OKAI?

I have been tapped for spinal meningitis in the past...not pleasant. I don't think I have it now. I think it's more likely that a worm is burrowing into my left ear and will soon reach my brain ste...

Brick, where'd you get a hand grenade?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
PemberDucky wrote:I do not give out awards because I am utterly inept at arty things so it would be inappropriate. Besides, we all know by now that James Cho is my sex bomb and so he automatically wins every time.

Be grateful you're not a dog. $500 for an ultrasound, only to find out that he's got a bad UTI. great.

Neck pain can be a symptom of Lyme Disease. And I can find a way of saying anything is a sign of Celiac. Uh, I can do that with Lyme, now, too. Chronic-Illness-R-Us here...

After the "fun" last week, I got my own little hater comment this week (my design isn't original because it's based off photos, ignoring that they were my photos). I'm going back to only being positive.

Can we have an "Ovulating? My Goodness! that printed so much better than I thought!" award? I'm pushing for Love of Money - the piggy isn't overpowering and huge, it's just the right size and cute. Awwww. And Shell Competition rocks, so I'm glad I bought a second one.

It's almost 80 degrees here, Neener neener out to catch hermit crabs in my hermit crab shirt after lunch.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:Be grateful you're not a dog. $500 for an ultrasound, only to find out that he's got a bad UTI. great.

Neck pain can be a symptom of Lyme Disease. And I can find a way of saying anything is a sign of Celiac. Uh, I can do that with Lyme, now, too. Chronic-Illness-R-Us here...

After the "fun" last week, I got my own little hater comment this week (my design isn't original because it's based off photos, ignoring that they were my photos). I'm going back to only being positive.

Can we have an "Ovulating? My Goodness! that printed so much better than I thought!" award? I'm pushing for Love of Money - the piggy isn't overpowering and huge, it's just the right size and cute. Awwww. And Shell Competition rocks, so I'm glad I bought a second one.

It's almost 80 degrees here, Neener neener out to catch hermit crabs in my hermit crab shirt after lunch.

doggies sure are expensive.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:doggies sure are expensive.

Housemate #1 spent thousands and thousands of dollars on his suck-at-life Boxer. Turns out he (the dog) has colitis.
I think they should like...name a wing of that veterinary hospital after him (the housemate).
Housemate was smart, however, and insured his dogs before anything bad ever happened. So I think that helped ease the burden a bit.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Best Pandering To My Craving For CanCan Shirts

and the award goes to....

Can-Can Gull by gargrazz

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Best Late Entry

Skydiving by CGrein is not only the best late entry, it also managed to surpass my beloved Turtle Rage to become my overall favorite entry in the derby.

Please throw some votes at those if you like them, they're currently both ranked well below a hundred votes and I think the skill and wearability of these entries is worth more than that

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Housemate #1 spent thousands and thousands of dollars on his suck-at-life Boxer. Turns out he (the dog) has colitis.
I think they should like...name a wing of that veterinary hospital after him (the housemate).
Housemate was smart, however, and insured his dogs before anything bad ever happened. So I think that helped ease the burden a bit.

This is the most we've ever spent on a dog, and it's the last time. He's not getting a check-up ultrasound, sorry buddy, but I need to pay rent & buy groceries. I'm thinking about looking into pet insurance, though.

My uncle and his wife have spent tens of thousands of dollars keeping their cat alive. I'm sorry, but IV fluid drips on a cat seems extreme. We did the u/s to find out what the problem was, from here on out he's gonna take his vitamins & his antibiotics and go be healthy. feh.

I always swore I wouldn't be one of THOSE people who valued their pets more than anything else. Eeeep.

Hey, I'll have to morph the next derby topic into an image of one of my dogs. That way I can afford more vet care. ;) Can stick figure dogs win derbies?

SkekTek

BEST GEEKY ENTRY

They were thin this week, but I think the best was:

SkekTek

geekfactor12 wrote:Best Late Entry

Skydiving by CGrein is not only the best late entry, it also managed to surpass my beloved Turtle Rage to become my overall favorite entry in the derby.

Please throw some votes at those if you like them, they're currently both ranked well below a hundred votes and I think the skill and wearability of these entries is worth more than that

I like that entry out of the many skydiving with small planes in them entries too. But here's what happens when rhinos fly in the air. Note: NSFW and has some violence/ much scatological humor.

Josephus

Most Interesting Design

lilwerewolfgirl's FIRE!

mia3mom

Best Water/beacn Design

I'm not including Cho's Wave, though I love it, as that is clearly well-appreciated.

It's a TIE! klswoot's two entries show the joy of water & beachy goodness, and a really great range for a designer. After seeing her swirlies on other shirts (love the swirlies on the koi!), it is fabulous to see two shirts that I wouldn't have guessed were by the same designer, and yet I love them both. I've influenced my little family-voting-pack to vote for them, and encourage you to vote, too.

Sail Away With Me

Beachbound Vespa Dog

(Note, any rumors about me voting for the Beachbound Vespa Dog because I just came back from the beach with my dogs on my blue scooter might be exaggerated. Plus, my dogs have pointy up ears. And my scooter isn't a Vespa. No sailboats were spotted today, though, only canoes and kayaks)

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekBomb,
Did you decide what/where to submit Lurker?!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
mia3mom wrote:Best Water/beacn Design

I'm not including Cho's Wave, though I love it, as that is clearly well-appreciated.

It's a TIE! klswoot's two entries show the joy of water & beachy goodness, and a really great range for a designer. After seeing her swirlies on other shirts (love the swirlies on the koi!), it is fabulous to see two shirts that I wouldn't have guessed were by the same designer, and yet I love them both. I've influenced my little family-voting-pack to vote for them, and encourage you to vote, too.

Sail Away With Me

Beachbound Vespa Dog

(Note, any rumors about me voting for the Beachbound Vespa Dog because I just came back from the beach with my dogs on my blue scooter might be exaggerated. Plus, my dogs have pointy up ears. And my scooter isn't a Vespa. No sailboats were spotted today, though, only canoes and kayaks)

I love all her designs! She's so talented and so oriented toward the family (PG) mindset, and especially toward what women want to wear. She's one of the best here, in my opinion.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Housemate #1 spent thousands and thousands of dollars on his suck-at-life Boxer. Turns out he (the dog) has colitis.

My boston didn't have insurance and cost us thousands to find out he simply has epilepsy (apparently fairly common in dogs but was misdiagnosed at first), allergies, and a strangely shaped kidney (apparently fairly common in bostons). We bought the goldendoodle hoping to avoid health issues with dog #2 and it has worked out excellently. The boston is sooo cute though. He is a pseudo-celebpuppy since he was on www.ihasahotdog.com:

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Schrobblehead wrote:He is a pseudo-celebpuppy since he was on www.ihasahotdog.com:

carp, you're a professional funnyman!

//slinks away in shame

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:carp, you're a professional funnyman!

//slinks away in shame

el oh el. Hardly, after submitting two hundred I got lucky and they posted two... they posted another capshun I made too, but its not my dog.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:el oh el. Hardly, after submitting two hundred I got luck and they posted two... they posted another capshun I made too, but its not my dog.

Dood! I have such mad respect for you now.

I also have a fever.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Dood! I have such mad respect for you now.

I also have a fever.

Why because they posted ten percent of my submissions? That's like being the smartest kid in special ed... or coolest star trek fan

*braces for backlash*

Fevers suck

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:Why because they posted ten percent of my submissions? That's like being the smartest kid in special ed... or coolest star trek fan

*braces for backlash*

Fevers suck

Most days, being the smartest kid in special ed beats not being the smartest kid in special ed.

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote:Most days, being the smartest kid in special ed beats not being the smartest kid in special ed.

and certainly better than coolest star trek fan.

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:and certainly better than coolest star trek fan.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Schrobblehead wrote:My boston didn't have insurance and cost us thousands to find out he simply has epilepsy (apparently fairly common in dogs but was misdiagnosed at first), allergies, and a strangely shaped kidney (apparently fairly common in bostons). We bought the goldendoodle hoping to avoid health issues with dog #2 and it has worked out excellently. The boston is sooo cute though. He is a pseudo-celebpuppy since he was on www.ihasahotdog.com:

Aw, de kyootness!

My alltime fave lolcat:

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/10/17/u-taked-my-binky-i-suk-my-fum/

Josephus

hmm. ten percent of 200?

20! not 2!

I noticed, by the way, that they didn't reject any designs for having gradients this week. transparencies, but not gradients.

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:My boston didn't have insurance and cost us thousands to find out he simply has epilepsy (apparently fairly common in dogs but was misdiagnosed at first), allergies, and a strangely shaped kidney (apparently fairly common in bostons). We bought the goldendoodle hoping to avoid health issues with dog #2 and it has worked out excellently. The boston is sooo cute though. He is a pseudo-celebpuppy since he was on www.ihasahotdog.com:

Oh, he's so cute! Awwww... I've been seeing a lot of listings for Boston/cattledog mixes. The mind boggles.

We chose Australian Cattle Dogs because they are hardy, sturdy, and don't require much grooming. Plus, they keep the kids in line. The problem is that they don't actually give you any indication that they are sick or hurting. Ah well.

I've heard a lot of good things about golden doodles - I'm betting they're less nippy than cattledogs!

In other dog-related derby stuff, I don't quite believe this, but I'm agreeing with peppersagooddog.

I'm really curious about which entries will be printed this week; the in and out of the fog is making me think tie, but probably tie for 4th. I've been banned from buying anything, so I'll have to cheer from the sidelines.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:and certainly better than coolest star trek fan.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

mia3mom

Josephus wrote:hmm. ten percent of 200?

20! not 2!

I noticed, by the way, that they didn't reject any designs for having gradients this week. transparencies, but not gradients.

I noticed that too. Hunh. It'll be interesting to see if things change - maybe their machinery is being updated? Or maybe people are learning? I'm new here, but I read all the information posted before entering a design. Why would people ignore the basic directions for entering the derby?

As for the numbers, we are 1-2% of our library's circulation, but the librarians always think we're saying 10%. Nope. But still a decent number. 1% of accepted submissions is a lot higher than most people have! Of my book reviews, 1% of the reviews are quoted in a published book. Hey, that's still higher than most people can say!

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:SkekBomb,
Did you decide what/where to submit Lurker?!

Not yet... I'm currently freaking out about work, so lurker progress has stopped. I promise to share the final before I submit. But leaning for a daily at woot since I can always change my mind that way.

(side note... where's Spryte San?)

Schrobblehead

Josephus wrote:hmm. ten percent of 200?

20! not 2!

Your sense of humor is not looking well. It should get some bed rest before it dies!

Either that or I guess cross-thread references just don't work as jokes. This was posted in the Random Pic thread:

SkekTek wrote:As one of my students would say (seriously), thankfully 1 out of 100 people is only 5% of them...