blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Re: Motion from the Water

this is pretty sweet! nice design.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
SamoaJoe wrote:Coincidence or not, it's eerily similar to a shirt design on another site. That would be grounds for rejection for anyone else. It wouldn't even be a debate.

Regardless of Cho's reputation, regardless of whether or not this is a coincidence, based on precedent set in previous Derbies, this also has to have the guillotine dropped down on it.

If it doesn't get rejected then it CLEARLY shows a Woot bias towards the work of Cho.

Reputation counts for a lot, though. Cho's rep states that he's creative enough and talented enough to have this unlikely as a rip. Woot will decide what they decide, but there is no need to crucify him for it.

Other wooters, who should be obvious, have carp reputations. Yours, for instance, is based solely on being a nincompoop

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ommers74 wrote:This is my first entry in one of these competitions. I spent all bloody day trying to figure out how to make my drawing into an acceptable design - I'm a painter, not a designer or illustrator and I can barely find my way around photoshop, let alone actually make something cool.
Anyway, it was a learning process. I'm guessing most people have a portfolio of designs already done that they simply adapt to the theme? Otherwise, how the hell did so many people post their designs within hours?
It's now 8:30pm and my back hurts from 10 hours of being at this damn computer.
Next week I will submit a design in under 6 hours, and I'll make it look all flashy like everyone else's. And I'll stop grumbling. No-one likes a grumbler.

Themes are announced Thursday at noon (central time).

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

funkeemonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkeemonkey
Re: When Pigs Fly

What else is there to say except...VOTE FOR ME!!!!

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

When you see the meteor a'comin, you best move out da way fast. When da world's a'comin to an end all you can do is run. RUN AWAY!!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
jenny78 wrote:Does Cho design for any other sites? I haven't noticed anything by him at DBH. Is there anywhere else he submits his stuff to? Or does he have his own site?

Cho has entered a couple of times at DBH. You can find his entries here.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Spring FLing

Yeah - playing an instrument and dancing....no motion involved in those.

puhlease

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: Marching by.

the random one holding a smiley face sign is awesome xD

cmortell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmortell
Re: Proabably listening to Michael Jackson

I would really appreciate feedback more than anything, because I'm still learning.

palmite9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmite9

Best shirt ever!!! Gimme three now!

Re: GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

rres wrote:Yeah - playing an instrument and dancing....no motion involved in those.

puhlease

Somewhere someone mentioned something about seeing this image before. That may have also had something to do with it. I did not see said image.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
LeetRantipole wrote:There's one thing I don't like about it: It looks like the orbs aren't centered up properly on the bar, because you've got the bar centered with respect to the orbs as they are in the illustration, not as they would be if they actually motionless. Do you follow what I mean?

The other shirt on this idea gets that aspect right; the ball that's out there is swinging outside the fixture. The perspective offered by the other design is nice, too. However, the emotions on this one are much better, and just downright hilarious! It gets my vote over the other design, but this fixture positioning issue still irks me.

I hear ya. I was a little worried about copyright issues (if there are any). So I altered it slightly. I scribble as a hobby and I'm no lawyer. I just know there's so many issues about copyrighting here I didn't want to push it (I also didn't want to risk a "This shirt was done at "name of website" thing)

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: Super Turtle

The turtle looks like he has done this before. No doom here. GMV

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Nuclear Frogs

I LOVE this design!!!! Well done!

pstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pstan
Re: The First Cow Tipper

The physics of this shirt boggle my mind.

You can't tip a cow, let alone a woolly mammoth!

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: Pop!

oh man, i so want this llo

I once ate a cricket.

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Skater

Great design i too am a skateboarder but i don't know if i would exactly want a shirt with just a big skater on the middle of my shirt.

pstan

Re: Starcraft a la Creme

Greatest game ever.

ejtracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejtracer
Re: Brains... Its What's For Dinner

1. Dude, Woot! always rejects traced photos.

2. The shirt in the picture has previously created art that I bet you don't own.

3. You're not that cute, even as a zombie.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

pstan wrote:The physics of this shirt boggle my mind.

I've actually watched my friends tip a cow (I chickened out). It is possible.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
pstan wrote:

Can and have tipped a woolly mammoth, my friend. Based on Cho's spot-on rendition, it looks like he's had a go as well.

ejtracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejtracer

4. Oh, and by the way, no text this week.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
superspryte wrote:I've actually watched my friends tip a cow (I chickened out). It is possible.

I tip 20%. More for great service.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night. Try the pasta. :-)

daedalusknight

Re: Peregrination

Okay... all done with the corrections... about to resub. Any last minute comments?

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
Re: Skater

It's a nice shirt design, but I'm not a fan of the silhouettes, especially compared to some of the other art. I think they've been done in every medium available already. Now that I think about it, my kid has one like this from Old Navy.

haxrox

Caligumby wrote:Star wars shirts ALWAYS get rejected. George Lucas gets pissed when people use his ideas for their own.

What's "star wars"?

kelliecharlton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelliecharlton

This shirt rocks... most talented artist I've seen post EVER.... yeah, its true. ... and I believe it.

kelliecharlton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelliecharlton
Re: Wind architectures

Best shirt ever... who drew this... someone really talented no doubt.

pstan

superspryte wrote:I've actually watched my friends tip a cow (I chickened out). It is possible.

Bunk I say!

It can happen but most people are claimers. My friend has a 500 cow dairy farm and says he can't even tip his own cows...

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Re: Herding Cats

Inspired by the phrase "It's like herding cats" as in, "Managing programmers is like herding cats" which also happens to be one of my favorite commercials. See it here on YouTube (but vote first!)

I hope you like the design! I appreciate any votes!

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
Re: Mass Extinction

you know, technically resubmitting your own art again like this is considered plagiarism of yourself. I got in trouble for it at my college. It was super dumb cause it was MY creation.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Better row faster...

I just liked the look and color scheme of this. Hope people dig it.

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Marching by.

Nice design i like it and it shows motion pretty well

haxrox

Scrumtrillescent. You have shown me better uses for $10 than I had previously known, as well giving me a strange, monomaniacal fascination that shall drive me into sleepless nights of research and long, adventurous journeys for the sole purpose of recreating this scene with actual nature.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Peregrination - RESUB

Nice detail on the falcon!

jasontehman

Re: Pop!

hmm...I don't think i would consider that PG-13, personally though, i do find it kind of amusing.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: Movement

Please (please, please) read this before rejecting my design again...

I thought I was finally getting the hang of Shirt.Woot

Motion..I spent hours seaching Google, even Wilkopedia, for "Wave Motion". I read through actual documents and learned more about wave movement than I need to. Tehn I converted those documents into a somewhat interesting graphic.

Vector bitmapping... compulsive node editing to get the perfect line... I could spend weeks on an obect... but that's just me...

Plus... My FIRST NON-BLack Shirt... I'm from New York for God's Sake... All we have is Black Shirts.

Seriosly... Motion... This design all about motion.

Please reconsider...

daedalusknight

Re: Peregrination - RESUB

RESUB with art correction... if you voted before please vote again!

When I was a kid, my family picked up and moved from New York to New Jersey. I had to leave all my friends behind and start a new life. It was a journey in more than just the physical sense. I had to leave the gentle, protected world of my youth and enter a place both strange and unfamiliar. It took many years, but I survived and grew. I coped with my losses and built up new gains. Eventually I even returned to New York, where I feel at home once again.

The American peregrine falcon used to be seen all over the eastern United States. About forty years ago, though, they nearly became extinct because of pesticides like DDT. They were nearly gone forever because of adversity... less than 100 of them were to be found in all of North America. But because of conservation efforts and a breeding project organized at Cornell University, the falcons have returned. Today peregrines are known to exist in the thousands, and some peregrines thrive where you might least expect them... New York City.

They nest on bridges, skyscrapers and other structures similar to the cliffs where peregrines normally reside. New York has become a haven for the peregrine, a home they have returned to after much adversity. Ever since I heard their story I have always kept an eye out for my spiritual bird siblings. They spin and swoop, bank and dive in the air... truly poetry in motion. Even their name comes from a Latin word related to movement from one place to another. I could not help but think of them when I heard this derby’s topic.

For more information about peregrines in New York, click here.

Click here to help the Peregrine Fund

From Encarta’s dictionary:

peregrination: ( pèrrəgri náysh'n ) (n) a journey or voyage

jasontehman

gonna get rejected, no doubt.

Chibizoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chibizoo
daedalusknight wrote:Wow... that cat looks so familiar for some reason... where did you get your inspiration from?

It might be a variety of things - I like a really simple style, though the orange might remind you of Kyo from Fruits Baskets, come to think of it XD (that's unintentional). Its a common 'cartoon cat type of look' though for sure (and a lot of cartoon/anime cats seem to be orange).