daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
SkekTek wrote:Nice detail on the falcon!

Thanks so much. I worked really hard on it. :-)

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
Re: Movement

usually when woot makes up their mind, they have made their decision. They might reject it just to spite you, or they may not read your description... who knows, hang in there though, your putting a lot of thought into it and thats good...sometimes anyway.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
SkekTek wrote:I.... LOVE IT! Good job!

Thanks Skek!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: A Little Dazed

Resubmitted with a better name and hopes of not getting buried again!

And since the comp above is a bit grainy, here it is again:

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight

Chibizoo wrote:It might be a variety of things - I like a really simple style, though the orange might remind you of Kyo from Fruits Baskets, come to think of it XD (that's unintentional). Its a common 'cartoon cat type of look' though for sure (and a lot of cartoon/anime cats seem to be orange).

Hey... yeah... it does kind of look like Kyo. I love Fruits basket. I was almost thinking Bleach for some reason... but that would be a stuffed lion, not a cat. :-)

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
Re: Rockin'

Back and forth...

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
Sachmoe64 wrote:NO WAY!!! is that the assisin that kills bad voters! (people who vote for poorly done animals) AWESOME!!! GMV nicely done. great line work. of course your an animator, its obvious in your line work.

thanks! Im glad you like it. It dosnt seem like many people are interested. I would really like to know what people think about it. as far as the assassin of voters thing goes...Im not sure I would go there. On that note however, people here really dont seem to care much for serious or just plain cool shirt designs, everything has to be cute. its quite discouraging to see the same old kinds of things win all the time.

oh well.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: The First Cow Tipper

This is like the coolest shirt ever...

Chibizoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chibizoo
daedalusknight wrote:Hey... yeah... it does kind of look like Kyo. I love Fruits basket. I was almost thinking Bleach for some reason... but that would be a stuffed lion, not a cat. :-)

Lmao! I can see that XD (but then I'd have to add a cross to the back of the cat's head). Fruits basket was a good series, and so is Bleach (you have good taste ;) ). Maybe in the future I'll have a chance to test out a stuffed lion theme.

deadslug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadslug
Re: katasplosion

Na na naa naa naaa na na katamari damacy...

I can't click on "I want one" enough on this!

The King of All Cosmos commands you to vote for this shirt right now. ;)

dasmonkeyboy

jasontehman wrote:usually when woot makes up their mind, they have made their decision. They might reject it just to spite you, or they may not read your description... who knows, hang in there though, your putting a lot of thought into it and thats good...sometimes anyway.

Yeah, but... I totally busted my bttocks on this design... and it is TOTALLY "ON TOPIC"

Chibizoo

Re: Peregrination - RESUB

Up where I live, we have Bald Eagles, but I've never seen a real life peregrine before. I think the movement was gorgeously captured, it has a brilliant balance of negative space and contrast. Kudos to your skills and good luck!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: The First Cow Tipper

You make the funniest shirts.

Wish they'd fix my account so I can vote. *grumble grumble* (Yes I know, you have to buy one. I've bought five.)

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: The Fastest Animals on Earth

Oh, I am so there. Right down to the detail of the sloth's claws pressed against the cheetah's fur. I'm a consistent fan of your work!

Chibizoo

Re: FIRE!

SQUIRREL DOMINATION FTW!!! :D

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
GravityJMB wrote:Awesome lines and coloring... Very fun design.

thanks

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: Army in my Pocket

Wow, another sweet shirt sunbe10. GMV!

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn
dasmonkeyboy wrote:Please (please, please) read this before rejecting my design again...

I thought I was finally getting the hang of Shirt.Woot

Motion..I spent hours seaching Google, even Wilkopedia, for "Wave Motion". I read through actual documents and learned more about wave movement than I need to. Tehn I converted those documents into a somewhat interesting graphic.

Vector bitmapping... compulsive node editing to get the perfect line... I could spend weeks on an obect... but that's just me...

Plus... My FIRST NON-BLack Shirt... I'm from New York for God's Sake... All we have is Black Shirts.

Seriosly... Motion... This design all about motion.

Please reconsider...

I support you. After all of the Oceanography classes I have taken, I know that cyclic wave motion is the epitome of motion. Well done.

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Herding Cats

Hell to the yes I love this shirt!
GMV!!!

daedalusknight

Chibizoo wrote:Lmao! I can see that XD (but then I'd have to add a cross to the back of the cat's head). Fruits basket was a good series, and so is Bleach (you have good taste ;) ). Maybe in the future I'll have a chance to test out a stuffed lion theme.

Of course now I feel like watching Fruits Basket again. What a nutty series.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
SkekTek wrote:I just liked the look and color scheme of this. Hope people dig it.

Yep, it's dug. I was going to say something about it being less painful than your other, but then, I guess it all depends on how fast the little dude can row!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Aristotle's motion

To explain, these are the four elements that Aristotle attributed to motion. All objects have a natural state of which they are deprived. Natural motion is the process of an object attempt to reach this state. These four elements, when in the right combinations within an object, would cause it to move to the earth (earth) or float to the heavens (air), fire and water acted as intermediates, each leaning toward up and down respectively.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
jasontehman wrote:you know, technically resubmitting your own art again like this is considered plagiarism of yourself. I got in trouble for it at my college. It was super dumb cause it was MY creation.

Yeah. I guess I was just too lazy to actually make something so I figured I'd bring something in from the old archive. I guess that's pretty buttery croissant, sorry.

furaeon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furaeon
Re: Olympic Runner

Yes, indeed! It's a mouse running from a cat. When I submitted the image I thought the description I gave would be posted with it, so here it is:

Title: Olympic Runner
Description: An emaciated mouse running from his feline nemesis. Run fast, little brother. Like a Kenyan.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
blahmcblah wrote:Very funny! This one is rising fast... I think woot voters just like vectorized arrows.

I gotta admit, I do love vectorized arrows for some reason.

daedalusknight

Chibizoo wrote:Up where I live, we have Bald Eagles, but I've never seen a real life peregrine before. I think the movement was gorgeously captured, it has a brilliant balance of negative space and contrast. Kudos to your skills and good luck!

Thanks so much for your kind comments. Now I just hope I can make up the votes I lost by resubmitting. Sorry to everyone who voted already... please vote again! :-)

Squeakwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Squeakwoot
Re: Spinning

Interesting concept, but isn't this the spinning model gif?

Namely,

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Herding Cats

Always up for a good cat shirt!

daedalusknight

folkkevi wrote:To explain, these are the four elements that Aristotle attributed to motion. All objects have a natural state of which they are deprived. Natural motion is the process of an object attempt to reach this state. These four elements, when in the right combinations within an object, would cause it to move to the earth (earth) or float to the heavens (air), fire and water acted as intermediates, each leaning toward up and down respectively.

Great idea, but you might want to take it down and change the earth a bit... Woot has a habit of rejecting anything that even remotely looks like poop. How about just a rock?

adamben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamben

Wow, this shirt is awsome. The simplicity gives it such depth

dasmonkeyboy

[quote postid="2175617" user="heimdallshorn"]I support you. After all of the Oceanography classes I have taken, I know that cyclic wave motion is the epitome of motion. Well done.[/quote}waves are complicated things...

arethusa668

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arethusa668

Me and my boyfriend like it a lot. It looks awesome and the artwork is aweeeesome!

arethusa668

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arethusa668
arethusa668 wrote:Me and my boyfriend like it a lot. It looks awesome and the artwork is aweeeesome!

oops posted twice XD

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
daedalusknight wrote:RESUB with art correction... if you voted before please vote again!

For more information about peregrines in New York, click here.

Click here to help the Peregrine Fund

From Encarta’s dictionary:

peregrination: ( pèrrəgri náysh'n ) (n) a journey or voyage

I had hoped to go on to earn my Master's in the captive Peregrine Falcon breeding program at Cornell when I finished my degree in environmental science here in 1990. But during my junior year, the birds of prey program pulled up stakes mid-quarter and went across the country to Clemson, the director's alma mater. They had made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and he took everything including the equipment, the aviary, and the grad students with him. I limped into my degree with cobbled-together credits and classes instead of a BS in bird studies.

That said, this shirt is awesome. The detail on the falcon is truly fantastic. Good job!

Radar237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Radar237
Re: Newton's Horror

There is no way this is a copy cat, this one has a good shirt color, i say throw the other one out.

Jemmacakes

Re: Better row faster...

Nice colors.

Reminds me of the movie "I Know Where I'm Going" (great whirlpool shots in one portion of the movie)

Radar237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Radar237
Re: Helicopter Seed

Great idea, but since the seed is so low, most people wont get it and it will get lost. Just my take on it. It still gets my vote though.

Jemmacakes

Re: Don Quixote rides on

Very nice!

I remember translating chapter after chapter of DQ for my HS spanish class.

Rocinante=first nag

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Scribble/Erase

Heh, made me chuckle, and I like the artwork. It reminds me of me, trying to design something for this silly contest. Just a note: woot has requested that any lines be 1pt (1/72 of an inch) thick at a minimum. I think you might be running a bit shy of that in places -- woot might have troubles printing this.

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882
Re: Rockin'

Reminds me of My Little Pony, and boy did I love that show as a kid. And the colors remind me of cotton candy.