twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma
KenSPT wrote:Do young people actually tuck shirts in? I'm 25 and haven't tucked a shirt in since the 4th grade ... :-)

im 32 and i do, all depends i guess

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
envelope wrote:i thought this was ELS for sure! yay! go chin chins!

oops! logged under boyfriend's tag, and voted for him too! he calls my chin the rat!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Herding Cats

Oh, I love it. I have a friend who says he feels like that's what he does all day at work. Please win so I can buy him this shirt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

twincarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twincarma
Re: Helicopter Seed

anyone else here do this when they were kids? i used to get the green ones and peel the seed part in 2 which was tacky inside and stick them on my nose. Dont know why i did that or how i thought to but this shirt reminded me of that

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
Re: Circling the Drain

Also, I've noticed that a lot of wooters (atleast the vocal ones i guess..) prefer the design to not take up the whole area. So maybe make it a little smaller. Just a suggestion though.. cool idea .

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
tiaerman wrote:Is that legal? You mean I could save my self time and not draw up EVERY detail?? . I'm kidding. I couldn't live with that. I didn't know that people could get away with doing this though....

For the most part they don't. Most clip art shirts are either rejected because the clip art is copyrighted or just not voted for because they look...

Well, they look like someone put clip art on a shirt.

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman
eHalcyon wrote:A nice orange shirt! We don't get enough orange.

Very cute!!! I LOVE orange so I'm happy to see this on such a great shirt. Too bad wooters don't go for orange often enough . Nice job though! GMV.

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

daedalusknight

twincarma wrote:anyone else here do this when they were kids? i used to get the green ones and peel the seed part in 2 which was tacky inside and stick them on my nose. Dont know why i did that or how i thought to but this shirt reminded me of that

Heeeh... yep... I think that was a pretty common practive here when I was a kid.

Ambis007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ambis007
netshark wrote:Awesome, GMV Dr. Strangelove.

Great movie...My germans are better than yours!

Nice pic too...just fun to look at. GMV

narkus

outlawmoogle wrote:People actually like this?

no, LOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkestofnights

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkestofnights
dasmonkeyboy wrote:Please (please, please) read this before rejecting my design again...

I thought I was finally getting the hang of Shirt.Woot

Motion..I spent hours seaching Google, even Wilkopedia, for "Wave Motion". I read through actual documents and learned more about wave movement than I need to. Tehn I converted those documents into a somewhat interesting graphic.

Vector bitmapping... compulsive node editing to get the perfect line... I could spend weeks on an obect... but that's just me...

Plus... My FIRST NON-BLack Shirt... I'm from New York for God's Sake... All we have is Black Shirts.

Seriosly... Motion... This design all about motion.

Please reconsider...

Really?

The picture says it right out:

"It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean"

That is actually quite off topic for what they want, they seem to want depictions of motion, not double entendre.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Shell Shocking

Turtle's spinning, spinning, bouncing, and -woah! - handstand! Waves of pure awesome ripple through the ground and the energy pulsates into the air! Then turtle flips around again, and spins and spins some more...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Ambis007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ambis007
Re: Dive!

Love the perspective. I'd buy one.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
redghia69 wrote:Heh, made me chuckle, and I like the artwork. It reminds me of me, trying to design something for this silly contest. Just a note: woot has requested that any lines be 1pt (1/72 of an inch) thick at a minimum. I think you might be running a bit shy of that in places -- woot might have troubles printing this.

Ah I see, thanks a lot for the tip, I appreciate it. This is my first design for this site, and I haven't really learned the ropes yet!

narkus

mia3mom wrote:<3 for the beachbound hound!

great design, and love the bacon-towel. I let the puppy ride on my scooter down the hill to the beach some days, though he isn't allowed to drive (yet). Our oldest dog turns 16 this year, and there's a petition to try to get her a driving license. it's like you read our minds!

hi mia, saw the pic of your three girls in the forum; they are ADORABLE!

kls, i just love all your designs : )

Jahlien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jahlien
Re: Don Quixote rides on

Very smart & a great design. I hope the prize is not your Dulcinea. I want this .

eHalcyon

folkkevi wrote:text =(

And it doesn't really fit the theme either...

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Cat Walk ( resubmit )

I love this shirt. Looks like a normal day in my house.

Carpe shirtem!

daedalusknight

eHalcyon wrote:And it doesn't really fit the theme either...

And it's not on a shirt image in the shirt comp...

Gosh, did someone submit this to the wrong derby?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Can't Touch This Shirt

There are lot of reasons I like this design, but since this is not on a shirt template, and since the rules this week call for no text, this will be rejected. You should consider withdrawing this, to submit in a later derby on the right template.

eHalcyon

Re: Domino Effect

Traced photos get rejected but this is an interesting idea. Try drawing it!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Rasta

I like the colors and the placement. Really get a sense of motion. GMV.

Carpe shirtem!

mjc613

Re: Herding Cats

Now THIS I can relate to. Excellent topic and portrayal, redghia. This is not my favorite color scheme, but it works well for this.

eHalcyon

jbedwar1 wrote:Hey i'm all for it.... i love turtles. I bought the last turtle shirt..and would buy yours if it wins. Even if it knocks mine out of the running.
but honestly i don't think it will have enough gas to make it to the finish. Slow turtle

Aw, you're out of the fog now.

Well, my first entry remains overlooked (or maybe I just like it and nobody else does XP), but here's hoping my own turtle can get some attention. Hopefully some sort of shelled reptile places this week.

erosburg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erosburg

perfect for summer!

eHalcyon

Re: Better row faster...

Charybdis was the maelstrom in the Odyssey, right? The white spot looks sort of like an eye and when I saw the design detail, I thought you had perhaps made a face out of it. XP

eHalcyon

Re: Ouch!

I like it. I wonder if it counts as a flying penguin? Hopefully not! XD

eHalcyon

Re: Screaming Rain

I like it, though perhaps it would work better on a blue shirt? It's raining, after all. But it does look good on lemon!

madhatter444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madhatter444
arethusa668 wrote:oops posted twice XD

wow this shirt is awesome! i wish you the best of luck. You have my vote!

kkho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkho
eHalcyon wrote:I like it, though perhaps it would work better on a blue shirt? It's raining, after all. But it does look good on lemon!

I actually like it with lemon, it's really cute! GMV! =D

yakitori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakitori
eHalcyon wrote:I like it, though perhaps it would work better on a blue shirt? It's raining, after all. But it does look good on lemon!

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking blue as well for the background but I thought it would make it harder to see the drops.

mjc613

Re: Army in my Pocket

Congrats on the genome shirt winning 2nd sund! Personally, I like this shirt better( and not just because of the contrast). Funny and well-drawn.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
sokowa wrote:Ugh, throwing in reputation as a "bar" for talent makes things a tad muddy. I've had a shirt rejected in the past for looking too similar to another shirt. I'd like to think that it got rejected for looking too similar to a shirt, not that my reputation wasn't high enough for some reason.

These are not equivalent situations. Your shirt got rejected for looking too similar to a shirt Woot previously printed, not for plagiarism- they just don't want their site to print things they view as similar (which is probably also the reason all Portal references are banned).

On the other hand, the mammoth shirt uses a similar basis (cow-tipping) and setting (prehistoric times) to a shirt design submitted (not printed) on another site. Woot's previous derby rejections have allowed things much more similar than this in the past, including Arrrgyle (similar in... every way except specific execution to a printed shirt at Uneetee) and Fivebucks (similar in every way except dollar amount to a shirt at Zazzle).

Obviously Woot takes a much harder line if they think work is similar to their own previous prints, but it's pretty wide open otherwise (whether for good or for ill). Given Cho's derby history of submitting a lot of dinosaurs and prehistoric stuff, I'm not really surprised he went in this direction.

eHalcyon

Re: Ninja awesome move of greatness

This is so unrealistic. If that guy were a real ninja, we wouldn't be able to see him on the shirt. ;)

sevenseas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sevenseas

He is falling, not flying, thus the OUCH!

batty1of3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batty1of3
Re: Dancing the Night Away

I am bummed it got rejected but if the first thing everyone thinks of when they look at is "hey, isn't that Calvin" it could be boarderingo on copywrite infringment.

eHalcyon

sevenseas wrote:He is falling, not flying, thus the OUCH!

But he's flying out of the sled (though not of his own free will). ;)

I'm joking anyway. It should be fine as long as he doesn't have special gear. =P

aleanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleanne

Special gear like sleds? Uh oh!

Evility

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Evility
Re: Super Llama

Spread the word, Llamas must prevail.
Second shirt design ever. Hope it's alright!

witemouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witemouse

It's got my vote. I think it might look better if the art were off to the side instead of right down the middle, but I could be wrong. It's just what I like. Either way, cool shirt. I think most people just look for stuff that's a bit less, real(?) I guess you could say. Maybe not the best way to put it. Either way though, great job with the drawing