jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Evility wrote:Spread the word, Llamas must prevail.
Second shirt design ever. Hope it's alright!

woohoo another super character. Go Llama go.

jbedwar1

yakitori wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking blue as well for the background but I thought it would make it harder to see the drops.

I like the cloud's expression, but i think the raindrops would work better if they had more of an angry expression than a scared one. And maybe some scars or something to make them look like soldiers (not that raindrops could have scars). I think that would be cool.

jbedwar1

aleanne wrote:Special gear like sleds? Uh oh!

hahah .. nah just can't drive very well. He's safe.

jbedwar1

Re: Shell Shocking

Dance turtle dance.

jbedwar1

Re: pop that wheelie

Just to warn you, they have been rejecting shirts that are just a "livetrace" of a photo.

jbedwar1

eHalcyon wrote:Traced photos get rejected but this is an interesting idea. Try drawing it!

i agree.. this might look pretty cool if it were hand drawn.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: The First Cow Tipper

I don't want to come across as a "Cho Hater", but I just don't think this is as good as the votes indicate. It's better than anything I can do, that's for sure, but it's not as strong as his past work and the work of others in this Derby.

I think there are much better shirts than this one. I think, of the currently fogged entries, TGentry's is much more original and well done. I think the Pop and Lock is the most clever shirt this site has seen in a long time, and I really dig the Rocket Rodeo and Hellicopter Seed.

I see nothing that amazing about this shirt, and as such, I will make the statement that everyone seems to think is bunk; I believe the votes are because this is Cho, not because of the strength of the design.

I say that, not as a "Cho Hater", but rather because of it's rocketing up to the fog.

If this had a slow build over the course of a few days and then got fogged, I'd be fine with it, but the fact that this was posted at 5pm yesterday and was fogged in a mere 6 hours makes me call shenanigans. I don't think the same response would have occurred had anyone else posted this shirt.

Say what you will, that's my opinion.

The design is not THAT good to warrant such a strong fan response. Some of Cho's designs have been ( Cat Fu, Duck Hunt ), this one simply isn't.

jbedwar1

Re: Motion Unhindered

nice choice of colors. Looks good

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Evolution of Rock 2

A simple version of the original.
-Andy

jbedwar1

eHalcyon wrote:Resubmitted with a better name and hopes of not getting buried again!

And since the comp above is a bit grainy, here it is again:

Ohhh i thought my eyes were deceiving me when i saw this one so high up in the submissions sorted by date

jbedwar1

Re: Army in my Pocket

Great job .. and congrats on the very fast rise to the top. You'll be hitting the fog in no time

jbedwar1

Re: Fast Food

i'm not sure they will believe this one conveys motion. But good luck.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Ninja awesome move of greatness

I love the movement of the ninja and the details.

unlike some of the other commenters, I *love* the faux-rice-paper behind the ninja, I think it looks great with the distressed touches. gmv, and I don't usually like ninjas.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

jbedwar1

SkekTek wrote:I just liked the look and color scheme of this. Hope people dig it.

Love the color scheme on this one... looks great with this design.
Hey did you do an orange shirt like you were saying you were going to?

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100
Re: Burnin' Blubber!

Hahaha... this is a great design and i love the color scheme!!

jbedwar1

Re: Herding Cats

oh noooo.. more cats.....
Great artwork as always.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
sokowa wrote:Now this a completely agree with. The shirts are different, and that's why it'll stay, not because of any reputation.

even so, im a little disappointed. Ive come to expect more originality from a Cho shirt, as well as better execution, and quite frankly, the use of arrows is a cop out. this is mundane at best, and coming from cho, its a bit like a slap in the face. but i suppose a half assed cho shirt still beats out everything else.

jbedwar1

palmite9 wrote:Best shirt ever!!! Gimme three now!

i feel sorry for the lil guys

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Peregrination - RESUB

Very nice. Looks great on Black shirt.
-Andy

jbedwar1

Webfoot08 wrote:Great stuff! And you're in the fog now, so no worries. We like it, we like it!

you mean the hotness

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
jbedwar1 wrote:at least for this shirt huh?

GOT to preserve my badge .

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

jbedwar1

Re: Rocket Rodeo

great looking design.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Blaze Far Away

Is this shirt color different than heather gray? (They said no heather gray this week, and I'm guessing because it is out of stock!)

Also, Woot will probably not print your shirt all the way to the edge

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Patchitect wrote:even so, im a little disappointed. Ive come to expect more originality from a Cho shirt, as well as better execution, and quite frankly, the use of arrows is a cop out. this is mundane at best, and coming from cho, its a bit like a slap in the face. but i suppose a half assed cho shirt still beats out everything else.

Actually, I like this one more than most of his work. Execution on all the shirts is of very high quality, it's just that . . most of the designs he makes overwhelm the tshirt. This might be my favorite cause there's more tshirt "white space" so to speak.

Darthbudge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darthbudge

I LOVE this shirt. I would buy this the second it becomes available.

Re: Herding Cats

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime
Re: Army in my Pocket

I love the concept of this shirt, but after seeing Cool Breeze (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=3806) printed, I don't think the black would show up well at all on the brown.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
personnemaime wrote:I love the concept of this shirt, but after seeing Cool Breeze (http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=3806) printed, I don't think the black would show up well at all on the brown.

Great shirt, for sure! Unfortunately the black will not show up hardly at all on the brown tee. This design would have been tops for the tromp l'oeil derby as well!

thebrokenbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebrokenbox
Re: Perpetual Emotion

Oh man that's great. I love the facial expressions.

pstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pstan
superspryte wrote:It took 4 people. ^_^

You win. I will give it up.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
mjc613 wrote:Is this shirt color different than heather gray? (They said no heather gray this week, and I'm guessing because it is out of stock!)

Also, Woot will probably not print your shirt all the way to the edge

FYI, asphalt is not allowed this derby, heather is.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

artulo

Re: paper motions

Thanks so much to all of you that voted! I really appreciate it.

thebrokenbox

Re: Marching by.

Odd... I don't think I would wear it.

thebrokenbox

I love the design but I think it would have looked better on black.

jbedwar1

haxrox wrote:Scrumtrillescent. You have shown me better uses for $10 than I had previously known, as well giving me a strange, monomaniacal fascination that shall drive me into sleepless nights of research and long, adventurous journeys for the sole purpose of recreating this scene with actual nature.

please get it on video haxrox

palmettogirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages palmettogirl
Re: The Occasional Stretch

I'm sick of Lincoln. But the concept is great.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Fireflies

I really, really, really like this one. Which is too bad, b/c my picks don't usually make it. ^_^

Let's hope this one does! It's awesome! It feels very Soviet-era constructivist, but maybe that's just me.

artulo

thebrokenbox wrote:I love the design but I think it would have looked better on black.

Thanks! The brown is really dark already. Appreciate the comment, though!

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl

The black is only an outline around the characters and there is so much more color to this shirt than Cool Breeze, it will print fine. I love this shirt.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl

i love the movement in this @_@ and you chose the shirt color very well <3

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: katasplosion

Oh my god XD i want this shirt! a katamari shirt that harms onlookers retinas, ftw XD! Lovely job =D good luck.