eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
rres wrote:Sorry if I sounded a bit snarky. I first get nice feedback and a lot of votes (for me) then it gets rejected and the trolls start coming out of the woodwork to start bashing for all the wrong reasons.

As far as your entry, I was not plugging a rejected shirt, I assure you. What would the point be in that. It had no chance of winning when I first entered it and less chance now. As far as your entry, I did like it my only criticism being I didn't get the "motion" theme with it. It looked like the after the fact freeze to me, when someone stabs someone, then watches the look on the stabee's face, and the stabee freezes in disbelief that he just got stabbed. I have nothing negative to say regarding your line work or coloring etc.

Thanks for letting me clarify.

Ok.. I thought you were upset about your rejection, and latched onto the first "That looks even less like motion than MINE!" shirt you saw. Unfair (at least what the designer/others thinks is unfair) rejections happen, all the time. The "after-swish" shot would be my fault in not clarifying the motion lines, then. (you should have said that! =p)
DAMMIT! Could have been such a good shirt, otherwise. *sigh* Oh well, I'll try harder next time. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
stargrey wrote:First, no one seems to be "Cho-bashing". The complaints are shirt-related, not Cho-related.
Second, I am grateful for the other complainers. It means that there is actual free thought out there. Too bad the free-thinkers will never outnumber the sheeple.
Third, my personal complaint with the shirt is this: it's not accurate; it didn't really happen like the old childhood story.
Fourth, my extra complaint is that the scale is screwed. Not so much as to be comical, just enough to make me question whether it was done accidentally.

Love ya', Cho.
But this shirt? No.

As far as historical accuracy goes, the apple falling on his head is still a good tale, and it helps people remember who Newton was. I think artistic license allows one to be free to continue to depict the story.

I will have to say Isaac looks somewhat like Ben Franklin sitting there, and it is not my favorite shirt. I still say The World's Fastest Animals rules.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
aerodino wrote:Yey - I'm in the 20s, whoops, that's counting my own vote.
I did the greyhound/dachshund shirt which took about a third of the time as this one. Throw a few more votes this way - I like to race my designs against each other, since they will never win, place, or show.

Hey it's baseball season - vote Shattered!

stargrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargrey
wettoad wrote:lovely, you are one of those people who perpetuate the exploitation of these beautiful creatures for sport, which is why 75% are killed annually. the abuse these animals suffer in the name of sport is disgusting.

Sorry, jerky, you clearly have no idea who I am. We have 11 wonderful greyhounds sound asleep on various sofas and beds (including our bed) as I type this and not one in a racing kennel. I have also been involved in over 200 adoptions over the past decade.

Also, your "75%" stat is so far from the truth that I almost didn't bother replying to you. You must be one of those anti-racing freaks that just love to spread misinformation. Heck, even the formal anti-racing organizations would never exaggerate that badly, so your creditability is shot.

And if you would've bothered to actually look at the flickr pool, genius, you would've seen pictures like this:

I figure you're one of those people who would never let a dog on the couch - after all, you think you're so much better than everyone and everything else. Know what it takes for a dog to sleep belly-up? Comfort in their environment!

Want to see real love for a greyhound? Here's a video my wife put together of our first couple of years together. (I posted it over a year ago, so it's not like we went out and did this to make a point. Our point was already made!) Watch this and then tell me you know sh*t about me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q2N2UQ0Qjmw

--
170+ w00ts, 6 or 7 Bags a la Crap (but who's counting), 100% attitude.
(This signature brought to you by the I-Don't-Wanna'-Have-A-Bunch-Of-Pics-In-My-Sig Society.)

squidboots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squidboots
Re: Shell Shocking

Love it!!! The colors are great...and my best friend did her thesis research on turtles, so I'd love to get this for her. GMV fo sho.

kbhstar21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbhstar21
Re: Floating Feather

I want one too! I'd vote if I could.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
Explodinggreenllama wrote:Are we maybe going to see a Cho sweep here?

Three Cho shirts in the fog? Has any artist ever swept the derby?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
2thFairy wrote:We need more Edgar shirts! Join the parade and vote!!

this shirt is tooo cute needs more votes

Please check it out

sozoones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sozoones
Re: Outrun Your Shadow

great application of derby motion theme. GMV;

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Rocket Rodeo

Gosh I like this shirt. If I ever get off my butt and do my fav's post this week this one will def be in it. Beautiful style you got there. Maybe if there was a saddle on that there rocket people wouldn't be so quick to see sexual innuendos where none were intended. Or not. In any case, you do great work, hope to see more from you. (Have you considered submitting a daily design?)

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
kylemittskus wrote:Three Cho shirts in the fog? Has any artist ever swept the derby?

I wanna see someone sweep the derby... altho im almost suprised Cho hasn't yet...
its sad that cho sweeping is more likely then me winning at all.

Please check it out

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: Gravity Discovers Newton

Im startin to think people vote for Cho shirts, just cause HE made them...

freakin A im jealous. -.-
(llo)

I once ate a cricket.

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
arem wrote:Wouldn't this pretty much be a copyright violation?

I was thinking the same thing...

phlattax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phlattax

If you would go vote for my navy version of this shirt that would be awesome. If I can figure out how to take this shirt out of the running I will.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
Seattlejo wrote:I like this one a whole lot.

Glad you like it. Thanks for your support.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
phlattax wrote:If you would go vote for my navy version of this shirt that would be awesome. If I can figure out how to take this shirt out of the running I will.

You can send an e-mail to woot and they'll remove it for you. Or, if it's been less than 24 hours since you first submitted it, you can remove it yourself by clicking the red "X" above your design.

xuujin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xuujin
Re: katasplosion

What a great design!

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
koinosuke wrote:Oh, please actually win this time! I really wanted this one during the water derby, and actually having it be in the fog for this one is making me really excited.

I think this is an improvement over the version in the water derby. The royal is just so lovely, and a wonderful colour in person. This version has much more depth. If by some freak chance it doesn't place this time, I hope it gets an editor's pick in this version.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
aerodino wrote:Hey it's baseball season - vote Shattered!

yes, it is... while at it, vote for the batter too! (see the plug for Patchitech in my sig...)
good luck aerodino!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
Re: Space Savior

Even if it was not intentional, which I doubt--religion aside, this is ripping off of Penny Arcade.

fishfisk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishfisk

Goddamn, that's a cool shirt. It's like wearing an acid trip across my breasts- or, since it's Katamari, perhaps I should call it shrooming.

arockdisco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arockdisco
Re: new toy on the block

i wish they had kites like that when i was a kid.

GlenX10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlenX10
shan24 wrote:Oh man I just saw your entry just now, for some reason. I hope you don't think I copied in any way...my plane originally had smoke clouds trailing from it and my husband said why don't you put trails going from the wings, not skywriting-type stuff from the back of the plane! duh. Anyway nice job with the Biplane and I like the colors We need more orange shirts entered around here.

not at all i figured there would be a couple plane entires this derby, i really like yours as well, the motion on the skydiver is the best part.

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
Sachmoe64 wrote:Now that you mention it, I could see how it could be read that way. But I had no intension of making it suggestive. I was thinking of Dr. Strangelove and I've been practicing on women faces a lot lately. I hope people dont see me as a pervert.

Pervert.

macntosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macntosh

Wow it's 525 right now. if I remove a vote and add a vote I put you in and out of the fog.

heimdallshorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heimdallshorn
Re: Sir Macintosh Red Newton

Spectacular design. I really like the composition and the idea.

justrunfaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justrunfaster

nice work, kid

justrunfaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justrunfaster

nice work, kid

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Well played, sir.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir
Amach06 wrote:When was the last one? I happened to check andit was Tgent with "Watch it Grow"
That was the last time we had a green shirt with a tree on it. And if you look at derby shirt we hardly ever get this color green for shirts. there was one a couple weeks ago for the text derby and before that it was Tgent.

Um, yeah, that's the shirt I mean. The one that's still being sold. Do we need another green on green tree shirt when the first one is still available? Nope. Watch it Grow is very creative. This one....... Newton looks like an elf next to those apples. Or a lawn gnome. llo

You're forgetting the dailies. Grass green shirts look like they show up about twice a month.

If people like the green on green trees, they should buy Watch it Grow and keep it from being reckoned.

eHalcyon

Re: Outrun Your Shadow

I really like the stylization of it.

jessem288

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessem288
Re: city in motion

this shirt rocks so hard - please vote for it quickly so i can buy it

"queso en el banco"

eHalcyon

BrIanPir wrote:Um, yeah, that's the shirt I mean. The one that's still being sold. Do we need another green on green tree shirt when the first one is still available? Nope. Watch it Grow is very creative. This one....... Newton looks like an elf next to those apples. Or a lawn gnome. llo

You're forgetting the dailies. Grass green shirts look like they show up about twice a month.

If people like the green on green trees, they should buy Watch it Grow and keep it from being reckoned.

With only a few shirt colours available, there are bound to be duplicates. Green is one of the rarer colours. Just because there's another shirt that's this colour available doesn't mean this one shouldn't win. That's a ridiculous reason not to like the shirt. If it's just the design you don't like, that's fine, but it makes no sense to base your opinion on OTHER shirts available. Judge this shirt for its own merit (or lack thereof, depending on your view). =P

The fact that the apples are so huge is part of the joke, I suspect.

And people may simply prefer this tree to the other one.

eHalcyon

squidboots wrote:Love it!!! The colors are great...and my best friend did her thesis research on turtles, so I'd love to get this for her. GMV fo sho.

Thanks for the support! Not much hope for the turtle though. I'm hoping to see Cho sweep, just for the epic history-making-ness of it. =P

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: new toy on the block

Kinda hard to see, but I think it has more than 6 colors.

skiboyjake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiboyjake
jessem288 wrote:this shirt rocks so hard - please vote for it quickly so i can buy it

sorry about the late entry! yeah, vote for it quickly!

in all honesty, i almost guarantee that it won't garner the votes needed...but it'd be fun to see it get up there! maybe i'd produce it in a limited run for anybody who wanted one...

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
Sachmoe64 wrote:I dont know, more and more people say (and I agree more and more) that this site is just to get money. Its not about the art and about making a cool shirt... just a shirt that people think they want. I might not give in... and I might give up shirt.woot all together... I'm still thinking about it. thanks for thinking my style is tight

Please don't give up. and please print the king in 60 days :-)

eHalcyon

auggie24 wrote:Kinda hard to see, but I think it has more than 6 colors.

It definitely has more than six.

On the center bit there's a blue, blue-green, lime-yellow and orange-brown. That's four. Then there are two big streamers of red and pink. Down the center is a different, lighter blue, and the green surrounding that is different as well.

johnnybw00t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnybw00t

brilliant design chap!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

If Derek's Editor's Choice idea pulls through...ever; I urge you editors, to consider this as a choice if it doesn't win this derby. =D It's a great shirt what should win.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009