socalicitizen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages socalicitizen
Re: The First Cow Tipper



o m g!! l o l!!!

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: Skydiving



This is awesome! Try to enter earlier next time for a better chance at winning

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Nice 3-D type effect!

socalicitizen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages socalicitizen
Re: Helicopter Seed



very relaxing to look at. me like...zzzzzzzz.

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

I agree with Dekon - very calming. Very nice.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
iRow wrote:Maybe everyone else's toast lands butter side down. Not mine.



You're so lucky! My toast always lands with condiment-side down.


derekfilley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Skydiving



Nice, hope you stick around!


Check out my blog:Here!

bjdezek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjdezek
Re: Disaster set in Motion



technically this IS PG-13...since the absence of blood protects it from an R Rating. It wouldn't have won...but it didn't deserve rejection.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
bjdezek wrote:technically this IS PG-13...since the absence of blood protects it from an R Rating. It wouldn't have won...but it didn't deserve rejection.



Woot doesn't follow the same grading system as the movies. It may not make sense to you, and it doesn't make much sense to many of us. But it is their party, and they get to invite who they want.

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Skydiving



great idea and execution! Love that you used an animal that isn't already in the derby, too.

Hope you will enter again (earlier) next derby!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
tabrazinski wrote:that's absurd.



That may be, but the shirt was rejected. It's happened before for the infinity symbol, when it was a no text week.

highgrassfarm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: go icosahedron racer go!



Is this any better?

Figit090


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
highgrassfarm wrote:I just thought it was funny. Like a human Habitrail. I don'y know, do you have to understand it? Can't it just be funny?



no totally, it is funny not even really knowing what it is, I was just wondering if there was some meaning behind it i missed, i've learned about some interesting things from shirts on this site....

jenny78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
sailstud25 wrote:so jenny likes all of the top five and voted for them all and was pretty much useless except to make the rich richer... way to go; hope you don't want to buy the 4th or 5th design more than you want the top three, because you didn't help them at all.

sorry for being a curmudgeon this week, guess my slow computer at home has me worn kinda thin. Might have to take a break this evening. llo




Actually, I'd like to be able to buy either of tgentry's designs, but it looks like cho has the market cornered this week, and I think it's pretty cool. I hope he gets 1st, 2nd, and third this week. Has that ever happened before? The same person winning all three places in the same derby?

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Marching by.


From Hello Dolly!

Before the parade passes by
I'm gonna go and taste Saturday's high life
before the parade passes by
I'm going to get some life back into my life

I'm ready to move out in front
I've had enough of just passing by life
with the rest of them
with the best of them
I can hold my head up high

I've got a goal again
I've got a drive again
I've got to feel my heart coming alive again
Before the parade passes by!

Look at the crowd up ahead
Listen and hear that brass harmony growing
Look at the crowd up ahead
Pardon me if my old spirit is showing
All of those lights over there
Seems to be telling me where I'm going

When the whistles blow
And the cymbols crash
And the sparklers light the sky
I'm going to raise the roof
I'm going to carry on
Give me an old trombone
Give me an old baton
Before the parade passes by


Before the parade passes by
Listen and hear that brass harmony growing
Before the parade passes by
I'm going to get some life back into my life
I'm ready to move out in front
I've had enough of just passing by life

When the whistles blow
And the symbols crash
And the sparklers light the sky
I'm going to raise the roof
I'm going to carry on
Give me an old trombone
Give me an old baton
Before the parade passes by.....!!!


timboextreemo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timboextreemo

angel like!

jenny78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
sailstud25 wrote:so jenny likes all of the top five and voted for them all and was pretty much useless except to make the rich richer... way to go; hope you don't want to buy the 4th or 5th design more than you want the top three, because you didn't help them at all.

sorry for being a curmudgeon this week, guess my slow computer at home has me worn kinda thin. Might have to take a break this evening. llo



Also, I didn't vote for this. I wouldn't wear it, therefore I wouldn't buy it. However, that doesn't mean I can't like it. The only shirt in the fog that I've voted for is the tree one. I guess your post was pretty useless, huh?

mia3mom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
rres wrote:What exactly is original about live tracing a photo? That is rejected way more than clip art on here. Are you really going to stand up and say your entry is original? You must think people around here are pretty stupid.



Actually, I think people are very smart. I provided a link to one of the pictures I used as the basis, but I used 3 images and manipulated them, edited them, vector-magicked them, and tweaked them endlessly. It took quite a bit of time, and I got input from others here about showing motion and how to place the images on the shirt. I also took the pictures myself (so that was my own art), and I was honest from the beginning about where the basis for the entry originated.

if you say something is clip art from the beginning, people are more likely to be accepting. The folks here are VERY good at finding anything that is remotely similar to an entry, and it is better to be up front.

This is the end of my part of this discussion - you took the conversation away from the intellectual, and while I wanted to clarify my statement, I'm not going to discuss anything with someone being rude.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
mjc613 wrote:That may be, but the shirt was rejected. It's happened before for the infinity symbol, when it was a no text week.



Things Woot considers text:

Anything on your keyboard, including punctuation and symbols
Any letter from any foreign alphabet (the Greek letter pi included)
Any symbol used to convey a word in a foreign language (Kanji, for example)
The infinity symbol
The symbol for "ohm"

Did I miss anything?

tjflashman77


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
haxrox wrote:BEEM = bovine entity extraction mechanism

They used to be built with old-school Zykraxian dark-matter energizers, but most UFOs upgraded to Klkronian gravity rays in the mid 80's.



That's hilarious.... Nicely done. And very impressive knowledge base of advancing UFO technologies.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
jenny78 wrote:Actually, I'd like to be able to buy either of tgentry's designs, but it looks like cho has the market cornered this week, and I think it's pretty cool. I hope he gets 1st, 2nd, and third this week. Has that ever happened before? The same person winning all three places in the same derby?



Are my eyes deceiving me? Jenny actually likes something???? Usually all I read are negative comments from Jenny, so this is a very pleasant surprise. YAY Jenny!!!!!

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611

celticslap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages celticslap
Re: Blinded


I really want this shirt, excellent design

BrIanPir


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir
eHalcyon wrote:With only a few shirt colours available, there are bound to be duplicates. Green is one of the rarer colours. Just because there's another shirt that's this colour available doesn't mean this one shouldn't win. That's a ridiculous reason not to like the shirt. If it's just the design you don't like, that's fine, but it makes no sense to base your opinion on OTHER shirts available. Judge this shirt for its own merit (or lack thereof, depending on your view). =P

The fact that the apples are so huge is part of the joke, I suspect.

And people may simply prefer this tree to the other one.



It isn't about the shirt color. It's about the lawn green shirt with a slightly darker green tree on it. Been there. It was done better and with far more creativity, imo. Still available, too, so yes, it makes sense to consider all the options before getting something this similar printed. Especially when this art is inferior to Watch It Grow.

That's judging it on its own merit.

My opinion. Don't agree with it? Fine. That doesn't make it any more ridiculous than your own.

daedalusknight


quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
kjwatters2003 wrote:Email me and i will buy this shirt!
email@email



Oh dear... Please take your e-mail out by editing your post... there are computer programs that go through boards like this one and "harvest" e-mails for use in spamming campaigns. You can send Cho a private message and contact him that way... much safer. :-)

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Death From Above



This is pretty cool. so wish i knew how to give props or however the point system works

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Take me out to the ball Game



seriously, i love baseball

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Dont Rain on my Parade



i like this. it's simple and bright for the summer.

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Breaking the Cycle (Soul Motion)



it's beautiful. who are you to criticize art? it's soulful. design is great, colors are great you dark farts

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: flipping on a grass shirt



Better. The only problem now is that they don't have feet... XP

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

highgrassfarm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Figit090 wrote:no totally, it is funny not even really knowing what it is, I was just wondering if there was some meaning behind it i missed, i've learned about some interesting things from shirts on this site....



Oh OK, thanks, I have always been a little unsure if the point came through on this one.

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Fish Out of Water



sweet!

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Hummingbird



pretty pretty pretty.

serab611


quality posts: 0 Private Messages serab611
Re: Army in my Pocket Version 2



Ohmygosh, this is sweet.

crap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crap
BrIanPir wrote:It isn't about the shirt color. It's about the lawn green shirt with a slightly darker green tree on it. Been there. It was done better and with far more creativity, imo. Still available, too, so yes, it makes sense to consider all the options before getting something this similar printed. Especially when this art is inferior to Watch It Grow.

That's judging it on its own merit.

My opinion. Don't agree with it? Fine. That doesn't make it any more ridiculous than your own.




Hmm i respect your view and dont think its rediculous. But, I prefer this tree to the other one because the styles are very different, oh and that other one was upside down right? PLUS, the nerd factor of this shirt is 9.80665 m/s², (approx. 32.174 ft/s2) times more than that other tree shirt!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
BrianPir wrote:It isn't about the shirt color. It's about the lawn green shirt with a slightly darker green tree on it. Been there. It was done better and with far more creativity, imo. Still available, too, so yes, it makes sense to consider all the options before getting something this similar printed. Especially when this art is inferior to Watch It Grow.

That's judging it on its own merit.

My opinion. Don't agree with it? Fine. That doesn't make it any more ridiculous than your own.



Well that's fine by me. If you read over your previous comments, it really does sound like you're arguing against this shirt simply because of the shirt colour.

I don't think the art here is inferior - the style is simply different. Furthermore, the subject matter is different - the only (unfortunate?) common element is the tree. But yes, this is a matter of opinion. I don't think your opinion is ridiculous - I only thought it was ridiculous to judge it because of shirt colour, which is what it seemed like you were doing before.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: katasplosion



as i suspected, the zelda shirt winning will now inspire everyone to try and make a shirt of their favorite game while skirting copyrights. not a good precedent at all. And it's going to get worse before woot finally lays the hammer down - which they will have to do at some point....

SydneyB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Great color use! Can't wait to see more of your stuff!!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The First Cow Tipper



Can someone fill me in on this? On the derby page, where it shows all the submissions, designer names are not listed. All you people who think that Cho designs are getting votes simply because of the designer name - how do they figure it's Cho's in the first place? Is your hypothesis that people click on each submission, looking for Cho's name? That makes no sense to me - people click onto derby entries because the design detail shows something interesting. Good artwork draws people in - not a name.

Furthermore, while many people may go to the individual shirt pages to take a look at the shirt comps and perhaps leave a comment, most voters probably wouldn't be bothered with that. They'll go to the derby page, scan through the thumbnails and vote directly on that page - who wants to wait for another page to load?

Regarding this entry in particular - I don't like this as much as Treacherous Waters, but I understand the appeal of it - cow-tipping is a funny (and cruel? XP) subject. As for clarity, I don't think a title is necessary to understand what is going on, but maybe that's just me.

Cho - I wish you luck!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
brizz wrote:as i suspected, the zelda shirt winning will now inspire everyone to try and make a shirt of their favorite game while skirting copyrights. not a good precedent at all. And it's going to get worse before woot finally lays the hammer down - which they will have to do at some point....



I say........ don't hold your breathe because it most likely won't come very soon.