+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mom. Mama. Mother. Mami. Mammy. Mum. Madre. Everybody's got one. You remember: that nice lady who was always telling you to put on a sweater and eat your vegetables. With her special day just a couple of weeks away, what better time to make Mom the subject of a t-shirt? OK, we admit it, we still haven't gotten anything for our moms, and we're hoping you guys come up with something good. We're looking for everything to do with motherhood, though, so if you're not feeling a Hallmark vibe, there's still lots of territory to cover. And we'll even allow text this week.

But hey...no video-game references this week. Not only is it getting old and a little too easy, but it doesn't seem all that appropriate, even if you've got a Mom like mine (who repeatedly trounced all of us kids in Sonic the Hedgehog).

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

The Derby #40 Cyberpub. If we're not chillin' around here, check over there. All are welcome.

First time here? Want to submit an entry and maybe forgot something? Think you're good to go? Read these rules for rejection compiled by derekfilley anyway.

I apologize for my absence; my internets (and cable) are broken because Comcast decided to "upgrade" something and the whole thing blew up. Hopefully I'll be back tonight. No promises. T_T;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Aw...props to the Moms....that's nice Woot!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

*giggles*! I should have guessed! This one will be interesting.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

If they have a mom derby they should offer maternity sizes!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
klswoot wrote:Aw...props to the Moms....that's nice Woot!

yeah, sounds good! I'm really curious to see how designers deal with the topic.

We have a house near us that decorates for every holiday, but they don't decorate for Mother's day. Our family has been trying to figure out mother's day decorations for a couple years now, so looking forward to what inspires others.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

we need to limit it to text plus image... no text only...

Please check it out

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter

Sooooo.....Flowers?

Unless I have a brilliant brain-event, I may sit this one out.

VOTE!

netshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netshark

llo, I have a 0% chance of buying a shirt next weekend. Oh well, rather than wasting time looking at submissions during the week and seeing who wins on the weekend, I'll have more time to play GTAIV.

BTW, I mean no offense to anyone. Its just that I am a 22 year old male, and I would not get my mom a t-shirt for mothers day.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

If I can get online from my apartment tomorrow I have an idea. It'll be late though. -_-;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
Bryan818 wrote:we need to limit it to text plus image... no text only...

I wouldn't mind text only. Just depends on the design

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
netshark wrote:llo, I have a 0% chance of buying a shirt next weekend. Oh well, rather than wasting time looking at submissions during the week and seeing who wins on the weekend, I'll have more time to play GTAIV.

BTW, I mean no offense to anyone. Its just that I am a 22 year old male, and I would not get my mom a t-shirt for mothers day.

You might be suprised, though. I really thought that the greed derby wasn't my style and but there were some awesome entries.

Bryan818

dea007 wrote:I wouldn't mind text only. Just depends on the design

text could mean tons of entries, little rejection

Please check it out

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
netshark wrote:llo, I have a 0% chance of buying a shirt next weekend. Oh well, rather than wasting time looking at submissions during the week and seeing who wins on the weekend, I'll have more time to play GTAIV.

Just what I was thinking... I'm a 22yo female, and I want to keep motherhood as far from my body as possible (although it might be worth the $10 to see my boyfriend's reaction to a shirt with a stork on it or a bun in the oven... llo). I doubt many guys of any age will want to buy a motherhood shirt unless the designers get really clever (which I'm not gonna put past any of them). Not many childless females will want a motherhood shirt, either, so that leaves a small demographic. Of course some people will buy one for their mothers and/or grandmothers, but still unless the designs are awesome, I foresee early reckonings.

wrongidea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrongidea

Dang... so Mother Brain from Metroid is out.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

Woke up a little late, who got third? Anyone know?

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Looks like the perfect week to get caught up on other things besides checking my shirt derby stats. Good luck to everyone though.
-Andy

Webfoot08

jamescho84 wrote:Woke up a little late, who got third? Anyone know?

Not understanding your question. The four contenders are posted.

Now I'm confoozled, but that's not unusual.

Personally, I hope the wave shirt got first place.

Webfoot08

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
jamescho84 wrote:Woke up a little late, who got third? Anyone know?

Shirtderbystats thinks it's your Newton-shirt.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

motherships
Robert Motherwell
Mom from Futurama

I think I'm out of things that could make interesting shirts. I will of course be proven wrong but oh well.

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro

even if you've got a Mom like mine (who repeatedly trounced all of us kids in Sonic the Hedgehog)

My mom always beat my sister and I at Mortal Combat.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

My mom is an agoraphobic plant freak addicted to listening to Jesus rock. Could someone please design a shirt for that?

Carpe shirtem!

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff

My mom makes kicka$$ banana bread

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

This is definitely going to be a difficult theme to make something appealing to more than one demographic...good luck everyone.

Turbotuff

Iambusyeating wrote:motherships
Robert Motherwell
Mom from Futurama

I think I'm out of things that could make interesting shirts. I will of course be proven wrong but oh well.

Mother nature? Yea I've got nothing too.

Maybe two amoebas breaking apart and saying MOM? No.. Still nothing.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
iris420 wrote:My mom is an agoraphobic plant freak addicted to listening to Jesus rock. Could someone please design a shirt for that?

Damn, now I'm going to have to check back this weekend to see if anybody makes this t-shirt...

VOTE!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

my daughter gets all mad when I beat her at video games.... so i do it as often as possible. Learning to lose gracefully is one of those important life lessons ya know.

Some famous 'mom' quotes for inspiration:

"I am the mother of all things.. and all things should wear a sweater."
"I'm cold.. go put on a sweater."
"Just remember, I can make another kid that looks JUST like you!"
"Eat your vegetables. Wimp."
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it!"

And does anyone want to hear my birthing horror story? 24+ hours of back labor and no drugs... to push a 9 lb pumpkin out of my 5' body.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Turbotuff

AttilaTheMom wrote:And does anyone want to hear my birthing horror story? 24+ hours of back labor and no drugs... to push a 9 lb pumpkin out of my 5' body.

So thats why we have mother's day!?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Edgar should resubmit the one that he did for the Citzenship derby.

If I remember correctly, it was rejected for being on what Woot decided was on a pink shirt, though it was their own cream color template.

Edit: I am referring to "Show your neighbor you love him."

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
AttilaTheMom wrote:And does anyone want to hear my birthing horror story? 24+ hours of back labor and no drugs... to push a 9 lb pumpkin out of my 5' body.

*cringes*

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Turbotuff wrote:So thats why we have mother's day!?

Ovulating? My Goodness! ouch. Seriously... all of those labor stories just add to the "why I will never have children" list.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

2thFairy wrote:Edgar should resubmit the one that he did for the Citzenship derby.

If I remember correctly, it was rejected for being on what Woot decided was on a pink shirt, though it was their own cream color template.

Yes.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fablefire wrote:Ovulating? My Goodness! ouch. Seriously... all of those labor stories just add to the "why I will never have children" list.

Amen, sista. No kids (my friend calls them crotchfruit, llo) for me.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
superspryte wrote:Amen, sista. No kids (my friend calls them crotchfruit, llo) for me.

Hah! Crotchfruit. That's awesome. Although... I think I've heard that used for the other kind of descending fruit too...

Bryan818

might have to resort to using this one again:

sorry Adder

Please check it out

AttilaTheMom

fablefire wrote:Ovulating? My Goodness! ouch. Seriously... all of those labor stories just add to the "why I will never have children" list.

Generally us mothers lie in wait for unsuspecting new mother's to be to bring out the horror stories... it's a subtle sort of revenge, but hey, it's what we've got. Actually, its more like hazing than revenge... welcome to the mothers club, prepare to be spit and pooped upon. heh.

AttilaTheMom

Bryan818 wrote:might have to resort to using this one again:

sorry Adder

c'mon bryan, you can do better than that.

I really want to see my username on a shirt guys...please?

Bryan818

AttilaTheMom wrote:c'mon bryan, you can do better than that.

I really want to see my username on a shirt guys...please?

ok ok ok

Please check it out