Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Chugaboy wrote:as far as the shirt goes? Not sure.. I'd probably do a cream before a white. That red is fitting. My GF digs this as well and voted. Good luck!

We can't find this.. have you submitted yet?

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Our laxity in rejections of resubmissions has been thrown directly back in our face. Touche and here, I'll clarify:

Resubmissions are not allowed unless there has been "significant" change(s) made to the entry. "Significant" is the subjective part here. Color changes, composition, additions, etc may all qualify as significant or may not. It's up to us. If you think someone is sneaking one in, I'll rely on the Tattle functionality to help out. Use the Tattle and link to the previous submission. It's not enough just to say "resubmission."

If it's determined to be a resubmission without significant change, then it will be rejected. People who think it's funny and keep resubmitting will be probated (ooh...I'm salivating).

In the event that a previous entry has attained the noble Honorable Mention status, is then resubmitted with what are determined as 'significant' changes, then the resubmitted entry will stand, but it may forfeit it's entry into the Best of Derby. How's that?

Chugaboy

joelterrific wrote:Our laxity in rejections of resubmissions has been thrown directly back in our face. Touche and here, I'll clarify:

Resubmissions are not allowed unless there has been "significant" change(s) made to the entry. "Significant" is the subjective part here. Color changes, composition, additions, etc may all qualify as significant or may not. It's up to us. If you think someone is sneaking one in, I'll rely on the Tattle functionality to help out. Use the Tattle and link to the previous submission. It's not enough just to say "resubmission."

If it's determined to be a resubmission without significant change, then it will be rejected. People who think it's funny and keep resubmitting will be probated (ooh...I'm salivating).

In the event that a previous entry has attained the noble Honorable Mention status, is then resubmitted with what are determined as 'significant' changes, then the resubmitted entry will stand, but it may forfeit it's entry into the Best of Derby. How's that?

Significant!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
joelterrific wrote:Our laxity in rejections of resubmissions has been thrown directly back in our face. Touche and here, I'll clarify:

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm glad this is finally getting attention.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Chugaboy wrote:We can't find this.. have you submitted yet?

Oops sorry no, but I will shortly. Thanks!!

whyskurs wrote:Either is nice, though I've been told white shirts don't do well in the derby. However, it would be just plain dumb not to like this shirt because it's white. It's a ridiculously beautiful design.

Thanks so much, it's nice to hear that after spending so much time on it. Actually it's on cream, not white...I think I'll post the cream one rather than the cranberry.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Thanks for the update!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

this one wont work either does any one gave an extra M80 so I can put my computer out of it's Misery?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

This is up now, click to vote on all its clicky goodness!

Chugaboy

shan24 wrote:Thanks so much, it's nice to hear that after spending so much time on it. Actually it's on cream, not white...I think I'll post the cream one rather than the cranberry.

gmv!

Chugaboy

shan24 wrote:
This is up now, click to vote on all its clicky goodness!

mmmm clicky goodness

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Thanks for finally weighing in, consider me satiated. :-)

Check out my blog:Here!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
derekfilley wrote:Thanks for finally weighing in, consider me satiated. :-)

Good job, derek. It was an annoying thing to do, but good for you for pushing the issue and sacrificing a little of your good image for progress. I hope woot keeps their end of the deal.

Tim2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tim2me

Anyone else not feeling the shirts submitted so far? Might save me some money this week.

whyskurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyskurs

When creating the Print Ready file, is the shirt color included on its own layer, or not included at all?

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
JadenKale wrote:Sounds like a plan to me! I'm glad this is finally getting attention.

Yay for clarification from Joel!

daedalusknight

whyskurs wrote:When creating the Print Ready file, is the shirt color included on its own layer, or not included at all?

I usually include it as the background layer(and label it "shirt color"). I don't think there's a rule about what you need to do, though.

whyskurs

daedalusknight wrote:I usually include it as the background layer(and label it "shirt color"). I don't think there's a rule about what you need to do, though.

Alright. Thanks, man.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Last one for this derby. Didn't have it ready in time for Friday's opening bell.

Lady Madonna as Lady Godiva

This design was inspired by the lyrics "Lady Madonna, baby at the breast ..."from the Beatles Song "Lady Madonna" and by John Collier's famous painting "Lady Godiva" c. 1897. I thought the combination of the two "ladies" made for a nice, compassionate design about the bond between a mother and her newborn.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct

1000101010100001001010110010100100101MOM100100101100100100100101010001010001011010010011011

whyskurs

Redid my entry. Thanks to everyone for the advice. She's no longer a giant!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
klswoot wrote:Last one for this derby. Didn't have it ready in time for Friday's opening bell.

Lady Madonna as Lady Godiva

This design was inspired by the lyrics "Lady Madonna, baby at the breast ..."from the Beatles Song "Lady Madonna" and by John Collier's famous painting "Lady Godiva" c. 1897. I thought the combination of the two "ladies" made for a nice, compassionate design about the bond between a mother and her newborn.

Do MORE like this! =D I don't dig the abstracts so much as I do this. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

daedalusknight

whyskurs wrote:Alright. Thanks, man.

You're welcome.

Chugaboy

whyskurs wrote:Redid my entry. Thanks to everyone for the advice. She's no longer a giant!

When this is over, I may have to steal some techniques from you

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Please consider this as a shirt for your mom, sister, grandma, daughter, etc. Yes, it's cute...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Echoing sentiments of others, thanks! This set of updates only serves to make the contest more equitable, and increase the quality and originality of each derby. You da man!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Tim2me wrote:Anyone else not feeling the shirts submitted so far? Might save me some money this week.

There is a lot here for female buyers to love and choose from. It's the Mother's Day theme. If it was a Father's Day theme, there would be a majority of designs made up of football, Nascar, golf, baseball, basketball, new tie, fishing, business executive, and monster truck references. Then you'd be in guy heaven and would have to spend a lot of cash! So this week Woot is giving you a break and letting you save up for the next male-oriented derby. What could be bad about that? :-)

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Webfoot08 wrote:There is a lot here for female buyers to love and choose from. It's the Mother's Day theme. If it was a Father's Day theme, there would be a majority of designs made up of football, Nascar, golf, baseball, basketball, new tie, fishing, business executive, and monster truck references. Then you'd be in guy heaven and would have to spend a lot of cash! So this week Woot is giving you a break and letting you save up for the next male-oriented derby. What could be bad about that? :-)

what the heck is wrong with buying gifts for others, that some people just don't get.?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Chugaboy

TAYLORT5 wrote:what the heck is wrong with buying gifts for others, that some people just don't get.?

Agreed

micnormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micnormal
bonniegprice wrote:Someone should design a shirt with all the sayings they heard as a child... like in the shape of a heart or shape of mom... the sayings like "I'll give you something to cry about" eat everything on your plate. if they told you to jump off a cliff, would you... etc... or just list them out

Webfoot08

TAYLORT5 wrote:what the heck is wrong with buying gifts for others, that some people just don't get.?

That's true, also. But isn't it true that the gifts will be going to females, for the most part - not males? :-)

Unless there are going to be some for the Mr. Moms out there, hehehe.

jackiehc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackiehc

Here is my Earth Mother entry. (Don't know if I'm doing this right. Clear, consistent instructions were hard to find).

Jackiehc

Webfoot08

Beefcoat wrote:Check this out and read the story below

When I was little I had a hamster that became pregnant. This hamster then gave birth to many little jelly-bean-looking babies. After a couple of days we noticed that there weren't as many babies as there were at first. The mommy hamster was munchin on her babies. I think it was because Joey and little Humphry were fighting and mommy just had a little too much of that.

Ewwww! My goodness!

Here's something more cheerful, a baby hamster video. Too cute!

http://video.yahoo.com/network/100284668/3774740?v=2253641

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

i subbed duckies...
i got annoyed with other peoples duckies

Please check it out

daedalusknight

jackiehc wrote:

Here is my Earth Mother entry. (Don't know if I'm doing this right. Clear, consistent instructions were hard to find).

Jackiehc

I very much like the design, but because your image is painted instead of a computer generated image it might be hard for Woot to print. If you could find a way to even out all the tones so that it winds up being just six "flat" ink colors with no shades or tones in them, that would be what Woot is looking for. If you have any questions please ask and the nice people here (self included) will be happy to give you tips to get your design onto a shirt. :-)

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Chugaboy

Discobiscuits wrote:

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I'm not sure I understand the fascination with pandas. They're mean little turds.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Chugaboy wrote:I'm not sure I understand the fascination with pandas. They're mean little turds.

...but cute little turds.

...AND ZOMG I FOUND MY SKULLFLOWER SHIRT! All is right in the world. <3

Chugaboy

fablefire wrote:...but cute little turds.

True

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Modern Avian Motherhood

Webfoot08

mia3mom wrote:I'd get rid of the "zombie tattoo" on the shirt - it seems superfluous. and maybe "Mombie?" or not.

Really like it on olive. Nice stretch of skillz. very impressed.

Thank you, mia. I somehow missed this comment before, sorry. I appreciate that you noticed that I'm catching on to some things. :-)