klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
thatrobert wrote:Yes, please! Either PM or email me. I'd love to print someone's opinion besides my own.

Robert - Check your PM, I sent my nominations.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
wooterer wrote:Perpetual Motherhood

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13980

It's the circle of wife ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

klswoot

Looks like my yellow design fell out of the fog a few minutes ago at 387. Just thought I'd update with numbers as I know folks like to know what it takes to break the fog. Wish it hadn't been at the expense of my design, but Oh Well!

Please vote if you like, or know someone who'd like the design. Thanks!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
klswoot wrote:Looks like my yellow design fell out of the fog a few minutes ago at 387. Just thought I'd update with numbers as I know folks like to know what it takes to break the fog. Wish it hadn't been at the expense of my design, but Oh Well!

Please vote if you like, or know someone who'd like the design. Thanks!

You know... I don't think shirtderbystats is especially reliable. I was watching the stats before your shirt dipped out of the fog for the first time and it was WAY the heck ahead of mine. Now they had to quickly revise their numbers because the trip out of the fog made it clear that you were in fourth place, so suddenly it seems like I'm in second place.

I really don't think we can trust those numbers. I'm very glad to have the estimates up, and I thank the site designer for making the complex system for calculating them, but really... for all we know we could have three shirts within ten votes of one another right now. Any one of us could wind up in fourth place. It's simply way too close to call.

klswoot

daedalusknight wrote:You know... I don't think shirtderbystats is especially reliable. I was watching the stats before your shirt dipped out of the fog for the first time and it was WAY the heck ahead of mine. Now they had to quickly revise their numbers because the trip out of the fog made it clear that you were in fourth place, so suddenly it seems like I'm in second place.

I really don't think we can trust those numbers. I'm very glad to have the estimates up, and I thank the site designer for making the complex system for calculating them, but really... for all we know we could have three shirts within ten votes of one another right now. Any one of us could wind up in fourth place. It's simply way too close to call.

Once designs fall out of the fog, SDS is pretty good about updating their numbers. It's harder when designs stay in the fog from the first day forward. At least now, there's a little more information available.

SDS is actually pretty good at making their estimates. I definitely think the dragon is in first place given its hotness presence. I was pretty sure that Radiomode moved into third overnight as the design was really gaining momentum. I do suspect that you are close with radiomode for 2nd/3rd.

Yours is a great shirt for a great cause and with my mom going through chemo (today in fact), I have to support your design 100%. I also adore radiomode's design as well. So, it's good to see you both getting attention.

I like the dragon one too....but it's little too youthful for me personally. (Although, my daughter has chosen it as one of her favorites....along with Derek's pregnant waffle. She laughs at that one every time she sees that one!)

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
klswoot wrote:Once designs fall out of the fog, SDS is pretty good about updating their numbers. It's harder when designs stay in the fog from the first day forward. At least now, there's a little more information available.

SDS is actually pretty good at making their estimates. I definitely think the dragon is in first place given its hotness presence. I was pretty sure that Radiomode moved into third overnight as the design was really gaining momentum. I do suspect that you are close with radiomode for 2nd/3rd.

Yours is a great shirt for a great cause and with my mom going through chemo (today in fact), I have to support your design 100%. I also adore radiomode's design as well. So, it's good to see you both getting attention.

I like the dragon one too....but it's little too youthful for me personally. (Although, my daughter has chosen it as one of her favorites....along with Derek's pregnant waffle. She laughs at that one every time she sees that one!)

SDS has been really accurate the past 2 derbies. I'll be curious to see how accurate they are this time.

I really want the dragons for me & the girls and a mom-friend (we *really* like dragons), I want the kitties for my grandmother (battling 3 forms of cancer at 85!), and I want kls's design for my own mom. Radiomode's design is great, and I'd happily buy it for me, but it wouldn't be a Mother's day gift.

Too many good designs, not enough will be printed. I'm still annoyed that none of the dragons were printed in the Greed derby. I'd love to have Sokowa's monster-dragon-guys, too! my list could go on and on.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

daedalusknight

klswoot wrote:Once designs fall out of the fog, SDS is pretty good about updating their numbers. It's harder when designs stay in the fog from the first day forward. At least now, there's a little more information available.

Well, yours and the dragons were up in the fog pretty much from day one, so maybe that's why the estimates were so far off.

klswoot wrote:SDS is actually pretty good at making their estimates. I definitely think the dragon is in first place given its hotness presence. I was pretty sure that Radiomode moved into third overnight as the design was really gaining momentum. I do suspect that you are close with radiomode for 2nd/3rd.

Given how often I've seen it in the hotness, I'm thinking the dragons are in first place for sure. I don't think it's as far out in front as SDS says (300 votes ahead of everyone else?) but I could be wrong.

klswoot wrote:Yours is a great shirt for a great cause and with my mom going through chemo (today in fact), I have to support your design 100%. I also adore radiomode's design as well. So, it's good to see you both getting attention.

Thanks so much for your support. I'm sending out good vibes to your mom... I know how harsh that treatment is. May she make it through without a hitch and thrive soon thereafter.

klswoot wrote:I like the dragon one too....but it's little too youthful for me personally. (Although, my daughter has chosen it as one of her favorites....along with Derek's pregnant waffle. She laughs at that one every time she sees that one!)

Heheh. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the preggo Eggo again in 60 days... perhaps at Zazzle or Cafepress. :-)

daedalusknight

mia3mom wrote:I really want the dragons for me & the girls and a mom-friend (we *really* like dragons), I want the kitties for my grandmother (battling 3 forms of cancer at 85!), and I want kls's design for my own mom. Radiomode's design is great, and I'd happily buy it for me, but it wouldn't be a Mother's day gift.

Good vibes out to your grandmother as well. Hope she gets her kitten shirt. :-)

mia3mom wrote:Too many good designs, not enough will be printed. I'm still annoyed that none of the dragons were printed in the Greed derby. I'd love to have Sokowa's monster-dragon-guys, too! my list could go on and on.

There are often more designs in a derby that I'd like to see on a shirt than ever actually make it to print. Just how it goes, I guess.

Maybe I can make up some dragons for an upcoming derby. I love mythology.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
daedalusknight wrote:There are often more designs in a derby that I'd like to see on a shirt than ever actually make it to print. Just how it goes, I guess.

Maybe some of the designs will tie, like in the line art derby!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
derekfilley wrote:It's the circle of wife ;-)

Looks like a kalidamomascope to me

daedalusknight

sparklzk27 wrote:Maybe some of the designs will tie, like in the line art derby!

That would be nice. Not likely, but nice. I'd certainly like to get more shirts this time around. :-)

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
daedalusknight wrote:That would be nice. Not likely, but nice. I'd certainly like to get more shirts this time around. :-)

So if they tie, everyone wins!
All this derby is dangerously addictive...

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

I'm looking for Mom's Monday Maunderings... is it up yet? it is about to be wednesday so surely it is . Thanks for pointing it out to me

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Sorry, Mom had two papers and a buttload of powerpoint slides due by wed this week so mom is being a slacker. Which is to say mom is working on the last paper and will post something when it's done. For my two favorite entries of this derby see my sig.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
derekfilley wrote:It's the circle of wife ;-)

Ha ha, circle of wife ;)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

For those of you in/near the fog, this morning's glitch must have been annoying. It's irritating enough being in 30-somethingth place and not being able to check my vote totals.

If I were ever to get into the fog (fat chance!), I'm pretty sure I'd go nuts F5ing and/or lose my job before Thursday at noon. I don't know how you guys do it. (Of course, then after going completely insane and being jobless, I'd finish in 4th, and it'd be all for naught.) Good thing that'll never happen!

sparklzk27

ansharp wrote:For those of you in/near the fog, this morning's glitch must have been annoying. It's irritating enough being in 30-somethingth place and not being able to check my vote totals...

I know, it was driving me crazy! This will probably be my first and last time ever in the fog so I was relieved to see that things were working again.

klswoot

ansharp wrote:For those of you in/near the fog, this morning's glitch must have been annoying. It's irritating enough being in 30-somethingth place and not being able to check my vote totals.

If I were ever to get into the fog (fat chance!), I'm pretty sure I'd go nuts F5ing and/or lose my job before Thursday at noon. I don't know how you guys do it. (Of course, then after going completely insane and being jobless, I'd finish in 4th, and it'd be all for naught.) Good thing that'll never happen!

I just got back to the house after being out since about 10 a.m. I logged in at about 9:45 to check email and noticed that the site was down. How long was the downtime? Didn't have time to stress too much given that I was running out the door.

I hope people will still consider voting for my floral yellow one. I know it's struggling right now. I really do think it's a design that will work well for Moms, sisters, aunts, etc. It may not be the right design for all the voters, but I hope people can think of at least one person that would appreciate a cheerful mother and child shirt for Mother's Day, or a light-hearted Spring/Summer shirt.

Thanks for keeping this one in the fog. I really do appreciate it!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Gigantic Best Loser Awards this week!
Please be patient since there's a lot to read and Woot's servers (where all my images are embedded from) aren't doing so well today.

Congratulations to all the artists this week for their great entries! Read on: http://BestLosers.com

klswoot

thatrobert wrote:Gigantic Best Loser Awards this week!
Please be patient since there's a lot to read and Woot's servers (where all my images are embedded from) aren't doing so well today.

Congratulations to all the artists this week for their great entries! Read on: http://BestLosers.com

Thanks for the mention on Mother and Child in Chairs and Lady Madonna. Thanks to MJC for the nomination. The 'art institute award' made me laugh!

Glad to see that Zenne, Dsladek and BS Weber were included as well. Great designs you guys! (I think Attila is still smiling.... )

ansharp

klswoot wrote:I just got back to the house after being out since about 10 a.m. I logged in at about 9:45 to check email and noticed that the site was down. How long was the downtime? Didn't have time to stress too much given that I was running out the door.

I hope people will still consider voting for my floral yellow one. I know it's struggling right now. I really do think it's a design that will work well for Moms, sisters, aunts, etc. It may not be the right design for all the voters, but I hope people can think of at least one person that would appreciate a cheerful mother and child shirt for Mother's Day, or a light-hearted Spring/Summer shirt.

Thanks for keeping this one in the fog. I really do appreciate it!

It was already down when I got up this morning at 7:30 (EST) and back up around 2:30. That's a long time with little to no woot.

derekfilley

Cancer shirt is out.

DigitalDonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DigitalDonkey

Question of the day.....which came first?

I just stumbled on this.....

Sad to think that someone may have gotten ripped.

sparklzk27

less than a day left! please vote for my shirt and show your drogonly love Thanks so much to everyone that already voted, it's greatly appreciated!

DigitalDonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DigitalDonkey
Webfoot08 wrote:Comment removed by author.

I mean that Jack Anderson ripped this off when he was on Stumble Upon or someone took it from him and posted it as their artwork on their web page...and I was curious which one came first.

derekfilley

DigitalDonkey wrote:I mean that Jack Anderson ripped this off when he was on Stumble Upon or someone took it from him and posted it as their artwork on their web page...and I was curious which one came first.

could you link to where you got it?

Jack did not rip anything, he's quite legit (and I wish he were still participating in the derbies)

findingthefourth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages findingthefourth

Wow! This is great! I never thought it would be as much fun to refresh a webpage! Thanks for all of the votes! Keep voting!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

I hope the next one has something to do with monkeys. and/ or farming.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
DigitalDonkey wrote:I mean that Jack Anderson ripped this off when he was on Stumble Upon or someone took it from him and posted it as their artwork on their web page...and I was curious which one came first.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=5740

"submitted on November 9, 2007 at 7:23 PM"

Every other instance of this picture, that I have seen, has been from a subsequent date. I would find it more likely that someone was a fan of this image and used it on their website rather than the latter.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
thatrobert wrote:Gigantic Best Loser Awards this week!

Whoah awesome! Thanks for the inclusion, I'm honored

It's also cool that my brother's design was also picked (JustinianVI)

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
bsweber wrote:Whoah awesome! Thanks for the inclusion, I'm honored

It's also cool that my brother's design was also picked (JustinianVI)

That is cool. Both you and your brother got way fewer votes than you deserved. I hope you keep participating so we can see more!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
thatrobert wrote:That is cool. Both you and your brother got way fewer votes than you deserved. I hope you keep participating so we can see more!

Thanks for inviting our entries, TR! It was fun to see which ones you selected. I promise to be better about including links to the drawings in the future.

ansharp

Low vote totals this week. I guess it's the theme? Or maybe everyone was inspired to spend more time with their mother instead of hanging around woot? (Doubt it.) Thanks to everyone who voted for my boring text shirt. It's nice to be up above 100 votes again even if it had to be with this design. Here's hoping for an awesome new theme to stay up all night working on! I've been sleeping too much anyway.

klswoot

ansharp wrote:Low vote totals this week. I guess it's the theme? Or maybe everyone was inspired to spend more time with their mother instead of hanging around woot? (Doubt it.) Thanks to everyone who voted for my boring text shirt. It's nice to be up above 100 votes again even if it had to be with this design. Here's hoping for an awesome new theme to stay up all night working on! I've been sleeping too much anyway.

It is an odd week. I liked the theme. But, I don't see many of the fogged entries that I'd wear as a mom. Which is surprising given that I am a mom and I thought the motherhood derby would result in a lot of designs that I would actually wear or give as a gift to another mom. The only currently fogged one I'd wear as a mom or give as a gift is the egg timer shirt. I'd buy my floral one (but I'm sure I'm biased on my support of that one. )

Looks like voters are voting for shirts they'd wear...as opposed to give as a gift. I don't see moms wearing the suicide jump one....more likely the kids will wear that one. The dragon one is cute but just too youthful for my personal tastes. But, I can certainly understand its appeal to to the woot masses.

I'm a huge supporter of Edgar, but something is missing in the amoeba one for me personally. Just can't pinpoint what it is. Still, I'm very happy to see his designs getting the attention they deserve. Well earned for sure!

Although I would have loved to have a shirt printed this week, doesn't look like it's going to happen. But, thanks to all who helped the yellow one and the cubist one finish at or near the top 10. It's certainly encouraging!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Please, woot, expand the "fog of war" so that it's not obvious which 3 shirts will be printed by watching the last hour or so of the derby. Thanks.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
artulo wrote:Please, woot, expand the "fog of war" so that it's not obvious which 3 shirts will be printed by watching the last hour or so of the derby. Thanks.

They should throw some kinks into the fog of war so that sometimes the 2nd or 3rd design appears outside the fog. Just to mess with people. =P

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ansharp

artulo wrote:Please, woot, expand the "fog of war" so that it's not obvious which 3 shirts will be printed by watching the last hour or so of the derby. Thanks.

Seconded. There should be at least 5 shirts in the fog, but 10 would be awesome.