derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Chugaboy wrote:ohhhh I dig that a lot! The vacuum didn't register right away in my brain. Very cool

I like your big brother one too

Yeah, I don't really know what I was thinking... I don't even really dig hockey ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
derekfilley wrote:Yeah, I don't really know what I was thinking... I don't even really dig hockey ;-)

Maybe thats what adds charm to it. So many people on here with talent. I wish I knew how to draw

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
BDV wrote:need some input on this.

Click for Big

Too much text?
Rejection worthy?

It's not in this one, but I have a version where, in the second line instead of saying 'song,' it says 'shirt.'
Anyway, I've always loved this song and I was going to put it on a card for my Mom.

Thanks for any advice

I did Comfortably Numb for my rock eye chart design... I dont think anyone noticed... yours is a little more Obvious.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Chugaboy wrote:Maybe thats what adds charm to it. So many people on here with talent. I wish I knew how to draw

That's the worst thing I have trouble with, drawing.

And trying to learn this hella hard Adobe Illustrator. It's kicking my bum so far. I can't make it do anything but live trace, and it leaves a gazillion little white pixels all over the image. I'm about ready to throw it out. Agh!

Chugaboy

Webfoot08 wrote:That's the worst thing I have trouble with, drawing.

And trying to learn this hella hard Adobe Illustrator. It's kicking my bum so far. I can't make it do anything but live trace, and it leaves a gazillion little white pixels all over the image. I'm about ready to throw it out. Agh!

Amen *giggles* when my girlfriend was sitting here helping me make my design, she was like, well.. why is it doing that.. or why does it do that? (throwing pixels around).

I hear ya loud and clear.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Chugaboy wrote:Amen *giggles* when my girlfriend was sitting here helping me make my design, she was like, well.. why is it doing that.. or why does it do that? (throwing pixels around).

I hear ya loud and clear.

A friend gave me Corel Draw, and I'm about to chuck the Adobe 30-day trial and just go with the Corel. Nothing could be as hard as that doggone Illustrator!

I'm off to sleep. Good luck to everyone!

Chugaboy

Webfoot08 wrote:A friend gave me Corel Draw, and I'm about to chuck the Adobe 30-day trial and just go with the Corel. Nothing could be as hard as that doggone Illustrator!

likewise.. night all

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Webfoot08 wrote:That's the worst thing I have trouble with, drawing.

I use photoshop and mainly use the pentool applications.

derekfilley

Webfoot08 wrote:A friend gave me Corel Draw, and I'm about to chuck the Adobe 30-day trial and just go with the Corel. Nothing could be as hard as that doggone Illustrator!

I never did get the hang of illustrator... Photoshop is what I use mostly now a days. You really pick up alot by participating in these derbies.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
BDV wrote:need some input on this.

Click for Big

Too much text?
Rejection worthy?

It's not in this one, but I have a version where, in the second line instead of saying 'song,' it says 'shirt.'
Anyway, I've always loved this song and I was going to put it on a card for my Mom.

Thanks for any advice

The one on the left is easier to read. It may be because of the font, but I think the blue on white is also clearer.

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl

Can I get some opinions? What do we think?

jamesjad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesjad

Mothering the Queen (just like Ripley). Need some opinions on whether i should keep the letters on the buttons. If you can't tell, The buttons resemble the words "mother aliens."

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
sentnl wrote:

nice and simple. i like it.

the seashell black outline is too harsh. either thinner lines, lighter color, or maybe just turn the black off.

jamesjad

sentnl wrote:

The shell stands out a lot being that it is the only part with black. i dont know if thats good or bad, but just something i noticed.

jimiyo

jamesjad wrote:

Mothering the Queen (just like Ripley). Need some opinions on whether i should keep the letters on the buttons. If you can't tell, The buttons resemble the words "mother aliens."

kinda cool man! i was trying to read the buttons before i read your comment. then.. AHHHHHHHHHH! i see...

scan lines maybe?

i doubt ill finish this by deadline, even if i did... not the place for this kind of stuff.

prolly
flowers everywhere sprouting from the seeds from her hands, another cherub one at bottom, maybe at top, banner that says 'i am eternally grateful' and maybe a fancy tattoo-y font that reads Mother on top. dunno. we'll see how it manifests itself.

jamesjad

jimiyo wrote:kinda cool man! i was trying to read the buttons before i read your comment. then.. AHHHHHHHHHH! i see...

scan lines maybe?

thats a great idea! thanks.

mjc613

sentnl wrote:

Wonder if Woot can print this on the sleeve, like a tattoo.

Otherwise, I just can't picture a man wearing this. Not saying no man would, I just don't know that man.

mjc613

jimiyo wrote:
i doubt ill finish this by deadline, even if i did... not the place for this kind of stuff.

prolly
flowers everywhere sprouting from the seeds from her hands, another cherub one at bottom, maybe at top, banner that says 'i am eternally grateful' and maybe a fancy tattoo-y font that reads Mother on top. dunno. we'll see how it manifests itself.

FYI
Woot rejected a Jesus cartoon in the last derby because "they didn't want to go there" and because they are avoiding religious art.

So maybe make one of the cherubs look like you, and you could say this is Your mother?

derekfilley

Your eggo is preggo.

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces
sokowa wrote:colorz

This is absolutely adorable...the hint about the convertible is perfect--but this is mother's day--for moms---so if it were pink---this mom would be tickled P I N K

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
derekfilley wrote:

Your eggo is preggo.

Raspberry filling = placenta?

JadenKale

mjc613 wrote:Wonder if Woot can print this on the sleeve, like a tattoo.

Otherwise, I just can't picture a man wearing this. Not saying no man would, I just don't know that man.

they don't do sleeve printing yet... we're stuck with backs or fronts of the shirts.

of the design itself, it's simple and understated. I think the shell needs an adequate shadow (even if it's in the sand, based on the shadow angle being cast, it still needs a little one.) and it's a nice piece. Will it win? probably not. But if they're just trying for the opportunity to compete, then I figure about 30-40 votes, perhaps more if the majority of entries lack in substance overall. And sentnl, I am by no means trying to be an ass. I seriously think it's good for a second attempt at the derby. Much better than your meteor shirts from last week.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Zenne wrote:Raspberry filling = placenta?

Ewwwwwww!

JadenKale

2thFairy wrote:Ewwwwwww!

ROFLMAO!!!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:Here's my idea. I'm not sure about the baby and computer...

I'd like to see the bay and the computer in the juggling, and no pacifier or bottle. but, that's personal preferences.

otherwise, very nicely done! you definitely got the juggling act down!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

Chugaboy wrote:Working on this cutie
Thoughts anyone?

very cool. reminds me of some mystery book covers. nice color use, too.

mia3mom

sokowa wrote:colorz

wow, sokowa, wow. I would wear that very proudly on mother's day! like the change to a convertible.

mia3mom

whyskurs wrote:
The Armaments of Mothers: Guilt & Pie

Any thoughts on this? This is only my second design and I need all the help and advice I can get.

I would change the shirt color - people have a thing against white shirts.

otherwise, I like the concept!

mia3mom

sentnl wrote:

I love any and all beachy designs, so I love it. great use of cream shirt, too.

I was thinking more shells, but really, it works with one.

mia3mom

derekfilley wrote:
Your eggo is preggo.

OK, I was really l ol at this idea, but I think you need the text on this.

Another possible thought - maybe another waffle that is looking male and appalled?

*really* like your pregnant/alien shirt - hysterical. Your wife has good ideas.

jimiyo

mjc613 wrote:FYI
Woot rejected a Jesus cartoon in the last derby because "they didn't want to go there" and because they are avoiding religious art.

So maybe make one of the cherubs look like you, and you could say this is Your mother?

if i finish it i fully expect to lose or get rejected. or not submit it here at all.

;)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
derekfilley wrote:

Your eggo is preggo.

Amazing. The only pregnant shirt I might consider wearing.

durumcan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages durumcan

I wonder if there will be any oedipal designs :P

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
Webfoot08 wrote:Livid, huh? Sort of like a big ol' shirt bruise.

I wanted to see if I could do a zombie and not gross myself out too badly.

cute idea..
but "Mom Zombie"
or "Mohhhhhhhhhm"
kinda like "braaaains"

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
wootvan wrote:Maybe the car should be a convertible...maybe she could be giving mom a basket of kittens intead.

Wonderful idea about the convertible! the new colored version is just that.
hehe, kittens. Would love too, but the little legs on the people make wonderful "stems" and their hands and faces are supposed to be the "flower blooms"
Maybe . .just maybe if the kids are good, mom will get them a basket o' kittens for their birthdays ;)

6walnuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 6walnuts

Would buy if you did! so cute

PatMcNJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PatMcNJ

My first thought was penguins, of course. Dad taking care if the baby while Mom goes off to "work" ..........

But, I can't draw.

6walnuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 6walnuts

Please put in the ducky shirt!

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Chugaboy wrote:I don't think I have any more in me tonight.. done. I think...

How many colors is that? I worry the gun may not show up well on that color shirt but the smoke coming out of it may make it look obvious what it is. Or it will look like she is smoking from far away?

Chugaboy

Turbotuff wrote:How many colors is that? I worry the gun may not show up well on that color shirt but the smoke coming out of it may make it look obvious what it is. Or it will look like she is smoking from far away?

6 colors. I tried a lighter gray but it started blending with the blue too much.