quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
tgentry wrote:

=/ I hope this doesn't turn into last derby. Re-subs, AHOY! =D

Ooh didn't notice you added a curler.. nice touch! =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

eyeslikesugar wrote:=/ I hope this doesn't turn into last derby. Re-subs, AHOY! =D

This is different and improved with shading IMO, not just a resub.

tgentry

Staff

klswoot wrote:I knew you would do this!!!

I'm so predictible . Actually my family is in town until tomorrow so I won't have a chance to do the 3 or 4 ideas I have for this one until then. Sprucing up this entry was the only chance I had to do an entry to sub at the beginning of the derby. Even still, I think it's an improvement on the original, which was missing some added detail.

eyeslikesugar

tgentry wrote:This is different and improved with shading IMO, not just a resub.

Yep, I know.. See, ^ I edited my post right after I posted =D

tgentry

Staff

eyeslikesugar wrote:Yep, I know.. See, ^ I edited my post right after I posted =D

;)

Failoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan

hmm? hmm?

eyeslikesugar

Failoan wrote:

hmm? hmm?

Whoah, moon Deja Vu

And is that another edit/resub? =(
I hope there aren't too many of these.. I spent from 8pm to 3:30am creating my design..lo l

Failoan

eyeslikesugar wrote:Whoah, moon Deja Vu

And is that another edit/resub? =(
I hope there aren't too many of these.. I spent from 8pm to 3:30am creating my design..lo l

Well I really liked my cows, and there was lots of complaints about my previous entry with them. I wanted to fix it up and re-sub. Just happens I was able to do it with this theme.

Took a while for me to re-edit this. Computer slowed to a crawl for some odd reason. And anyways this took a lot of thought >.<

I actually went through many drafts, cause I wasn't sure how to make it fit together.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
tgentry wrote:

Pink toenails! Pink toenails!!!

kennesey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennesey

As a Mom who buys many of these Woot t-shirts for her children so that they will not go to school wearing "Hard Rock Cafe" t-shirts or the like, I am saddened by all the negativity being expressed about this derby. Shame on you! The only thing "Hallmarky" about contemporary motherhood is that we all love you brats more than you generally deserve. Children serve as the source of our pride and the butt of our jokes in almost equal measure. Don't blame the topic if you can't think of anything to draw -- blame your mother -- you will anyway.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Webfoot08 wrote:Now on olive... I've challenged myself to do my least-favorite type (zombie) on the shirt color I like least.

Opinions? Toss it and do something all hearts-and-flowers, which is my first impulse always, or stick with the new and different?

I'd get rid of the "zombie tattoo" on the shirt - it seems superfluous. and maybe "Mombie?" or not.

Really like it on olive. Nice stretch of skillz. very impressed.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

Josephus wrote:Can anyone suggest a title for me?

Was just listening to Tom Chapin, and he has a song with Dr. Ruth about the 2 genders (ie: he-gulls and she-gulls):
Ladyguins
or
Momguins

but that's just me. I'm sick of penguins, but penguins with beehive hairdos I'd buy. love the look on the little penguin faces!

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
kennesey wrote:As a Mom who buys many of these Woot t-shirts for her children so that they will not go to school wearing "Hard Rock Cafe" t-shirts or the like, I am saddened by all the negativity being expressed about this derby. Shame on you! The only thing "Hallmarky" about contemporary motherhood is that we all love you brats more than you generally deserve. Children serve as the source of our pride and the butt of our jokes in almost equal measure. Don't blame the topic if you can't think of anything to draw -- blame your mother -- you will anyway.

I'm confused.

mia3mom

klswoot wrote:Here's the first one I did last night. I tried to do it in a style of my art deco cubist paintings. It features a mother holding a child in a chair....but there's actually 3 chairs to show the 3 generations of motherly love given a newborn via the mom, grandmother and great-grandmother. (I'll post more information under the description, but you might be able to figure it out by the design. )

wow. kls, you rock.

you keep stretching, this doesn't remind me of Koi, nor of the 2 great motion entries, so different, and so gorgeous. You did a great trick with the colors, like the VW bug, tricking the eye to think it's more colors.

WANT.

mia3mom

klswoot wrote:Then I wanted to do a mother-nature themed design, so I did this one based on a design I didn't submit in the spring derby - the one originally had my daughter's face, my face and my mom's face...but I decided to use just generic simple faces instead:

I'm not a yellow person (never buy it, doesn't look good on me), but I *adore* the yellow. The creme is pretty, but the yellow is stunning. I remember your spring non-entry, and while that was pretty, this is much more wearable. and pretty & flowery without being overwhelming and annoying.

mia3mom

tgentry wrote:

woo-hoo!

nice re-design.

dang, too many shirts I like so far, and voting hasn't started!

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
klswoot wrote:Here's the first one I did last night. I tried to do it in a style of my art deco cubist paintings. It features a mother holding a child in a chair....but there's actually 3 chairs to show the 3 generations of motherly love given a newborn via the mom, grandmother and great-grandmother. (I'll post more information under the description, but you might be able to figure it out by the design. )

This is awsome! Love the way it pops off the dark shirt. I don't see why it wouldn't appeal to non moms as well.

syntheticmessiah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syntheticmessiah
Webfoot08 wrote:Now on olive... I've challenged myself to do my least-favorite type (zombie) on the shirt color I like least.

Opinions? Toss it and do something all hearts-and-flowers, which is my first impulse always, or stick with the new and different?

veeeery similar to the idea I had. Grr you.

bulleri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bulleri
Chugaboy wrote:I don't think I have any more in me tonight.. done. I think...

Have you considered the text saying simply 'mom' instead of 'my mom'? My mom certainly was not this bad ass but I definitly aspire to be. Great Shirt anyhow, got my vote.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

got it finished in the nick of time... I think I'm only doing one entry this week:

mia3mom

Failoan wrote:

hmm? hmm?

really like this redesign. The moon is much cooler with a lot of depth. I like how you took the constructive criticism to heart and worked on it. nice! I think they're adorable.

And as a mom who has breastfed 3 kiddos, I end up with all kinds of cow designs (dressed up once as a farmer with the baby as a cow...).

Failoan

mia3mom wrote:really like this redesign. The moon is much cooler with a lot of depth. I like how you took the constructive criticism to heart and worked on it. nice! I think they're adorable.

And as a mom who has breastfed 3 kiddos, I end up with all kinds of cow designs (dressed up once as a farmer with the baby as a cow...).

Hahaa glad you like it mia, thanks for your support xD

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
suzyottomatic wrote:This is awsome! Love the way it pops off the dark shirt. I don't see why it wouldn't appeal to non moms as well.

Thanks! That was my hope. I wanted to do a design that was artsy without screaming motherhood. I think Moms will immediately see a woman holding a baby, but not everyone will see it this way. For those folks, maybe just a nice artsy entry with vivid colors on black will be enough to garner their vote.

Thanks suzy!

Thanks Mia too for your comments! I'm glad I can sell you on yellow even if you're not a yellow person.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
brizz wrote:for the third time? you are almost to the point of TRYING to be unoriginal and buttery croissant. good grief.

im probably not subbing it i just wanted you an adder to have small heart attacks

Please check it out

jamesjad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesjad
JadenKale wrote:got it finished in the nick of time... I think I'm only doing one entry this week:

i always enjoy myself a good jellyfish shirt.

kjmendoza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjmendoza
kennesey wrote: Don't blame the topic if you can't think of anything to draw -- blame your mother -- you will anyway.

You go, girl!

Kim (fellow woot.mom)
(wearing her "lime in the coconut" woot.shirt for the first time today)
(btw, if the lime were placed any lower on the chest, I'd be suffering from mammary target syndrome.)

www.quilt-scrap.blogspot.com

mia3mom

bulleri wrote:Have you considered the text saying simply 'mom' instead of 'my mom'? My mom certainly was not this bad ass but I definitly aspire to be. Great Shirt anyhow, got my vote.

ditto on the just "mom", though it's 3 min to showtime. I'd wear it either way, but would prefer just "mom"

mia3mom

JadenKale wrote:got it finished in the nick of time... I think I'm only doing one entry this week

JK, you got *squeals* here! definite shirt-love & votes from this house.

I love jellyfish. spent too much time playing with them (non-poisonous ones) as a kid.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jamesjad wrote:i always enjoy myself a good jellyfish shirt.

Yay for that!!! Thanks!

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

Momma Blob is up for voting! Because blobs have mommies too!

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

All i got is this

Call

a mothers love is understanding

Please check it out

eyeslikesugar

Kids.. not only can they not agree on what they want to eat, but it's all junk! This is to all the moms and their patience. =)

kjmendoza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjmendoza
klswoot wrote:

I also did a less-bright version on creme with a more 'heart-shaped' design....a tad more simple.(?)

I would prefer the brighter coloration on the creme, but I have a personal beef against yellow shirts. I have olive tones in my skin and yellow shirts make me look ill.

www.quilt-scrap.blogspot.com

Failoan

Yikes, Im getting a lot of server errors from the derby page.

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
tgentry wrote:

Yay, good for you, personally I would like to see it on a lighter shirt but maybe its just my monitor, and it does convey the mood. Hopefully you have time for a 2nd entry as well. You could sure do justice to Attilathemoms request for a shirt. This is turning out to be a great derby!

Failoan

Teach Me How To Jump Mum

Thank you!

eyeslikesugar

Pimping my shirt again, as it's at the bottom of the last page. ;) Thank you. =)

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Thanks everyone. Please donate.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
kjmendoza wrote:I would prefer the brighter coloration on the creme, but I have a personal beef against yellow shirts. I have olive tones in my skin and yellow shirts make me look ill.

The brighter design didn't work so well on the cream-colored shirt because of the brighter white details. I muted it a touch and added more leafy, green adornments to the creme version. I thought it blended better.

I actually like both the light yellow and the cream. They are both prettier shirts in person than on the screen. But, I know that they are difficult for some skincolors, that's why I submitted two different designs on the two different colors.

If the links in my signature are working correctly, they should link to the right designs now.

Thanks for the feedback.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight

My mother’s no longer with us, but when she passed away she left behind five amazing people. A field medic serving his country, a teacher, a political activist, a librarian, and (of course) myself... we are the people we are today because of our mother. Without her we never would have had courage, humor, integrity, creativity, or a desire to make a change in the world. Without her we would not even be here in the first place. Though she is long gone she will never be forgotten. She lives on in our words, our deeds, our very flesh. This shirt is a tribute to her... recalling the days of joy and laughter when we were a bunch of wild kids who endlessly poked and joked and loved one another dearly, despite the arguments about who got to sit where at the dinner table. This Mother’s Day I would very much like to give this shirt as a gift to each of my siblings, who would look at the playful kittens here and see, I hope, a bit of ourselves and a bit of our mom as well.

If this shirt manages to make it to production, my very first shirt check will be entirely donated to a breast cancer charity. Millions of mothers, sisters, wives and daughters will be stricken by breast cancer. With our support they can survive... with future research they can be cured.

If you’d like to make a donation, Susan G. Komen for the Cure will help you to help mothers everywhere. Even if you can’t donate, please visit their site and get informed. Early detection is a crucial part of surviving breast cancer.

Thanks for your support.