derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
mia3mom wrote:OK, I was really l ol at this idea, but I think you need the text on this.

Another possible thought - maybe another waffle that is looking male and appalled?

*really* like your pregnant/alien shirt - hysterical. Your wife has good ideas.

Thank you(on both counts ;-)

I wanted to add text to the eggo is preggo, but didn't want to make it too similar to existing shirts ;-/

Check out my blog:Here!

derekfilley

Please vote!

derekfilley

...and for this one!

BDV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV

Thanks for the advice, this is what I went with:

Click for vote and to see shirt comp

I'll eventually put up a big version if you want to see what changes I made to the lyrics. I attempted to go the parody route so my design doesn't get rejected outright.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

ok guys!!! Please vote well for it!!

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I decided to remove the cream version of the mother nature design. Rather than potential split votes with the yellow one, I'll just keep the yellow one in the derby. I'll make the other available in my store.

Seems the yellow version is more popular with the voters and based on the comments that I've received here.

Thanks for your feedback and your vote!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

How about next derby, we institute a new rule?

NO RESUBMISSIONS FROM PREVIOUS DERBIES

derekfilley

GravityJMB wrote:How about next derby, we institute a new rule?

NO RESUBMISSIONS FROM PREVIOUS DERBIES

That already was a rule, but woot seems to be ignoring it

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
derekfilley wrote:That already was a rule, but woot seems to be ignoring it

Derek, I understand your concern. I actually agree with your feelings. However, your methods disgust me, personally.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight

Holy frijoles! The rejectinator's here and he's hitting hard. Poor Bluchez. I was hoping at least one of our shirts would make it to printing.

derekfilley

bluchez wrote:Derek, I understand your concern. I actually agree with your feelings. However, your methods disgust me, personally.

Ouch.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
derekfilley wrote:Ouch.

I saw 9 to 5 first, and thought, interesting entry that makes a point while being entirely off topic and certain of rejection. But submitting 3 designs to make your point pushed it completely over the top.

derekfilley

bluchez wrote:I saw 9 to 5 first, and thought, interesting entry that makes a point while being entirely off topic and certain of rejection. But submitting 3 designs to make your point pushed it completely over the top.

I admit that, It was a bit much. Sorry.

It appears woot has spoken anyway, so I won't push the issue any farther ;-)

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

I re-subbed Momma Blob. The baby blob's food was too small. Now he is a happy baby blob! And Momma Blob is so proud!

Faipang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Faipang

A protective mother
thanks

daedalusknight

Faipang wrote:
A protective mother
thanks

Very cute. Who knew they used the bamboo for defense as well as food? :-)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

daedalusknight

ansharp wrote:Vote, please?!

Hehehe... for a minute there I thought it said "nom." People have been e-mailing me too many lolcats. :-)

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber

what's up shirt woot? i'm new around here....would love your feedback on this one, thanks!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
bsweber wrote:what's up shirt woot? i'm new around here....would love your feedback on this one, thanks!

Using the shirt colour for shadows = amazing. Nice job. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
micnormal wrote:
Here is my idea for this derby. My mother has used all of these quotes at some time during my life.

The more I see this, the more I like it. My mother would LOVE the #1 quote and will wish she had thought of that one!

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo

So where is the line drawn on resubmission? I mean I like Tgentry's bear, but the derby is getting a bit stale with the resubs

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
bsweber wrote:what's up shirt woot? i'm new around here....would love your feedback on this one, thanks!

I love this shirt!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

mine are taking a little bit longer to do... here's the second one.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Woah - okay this is slightly off-topic, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody was rejected for using asphalt in the last derby. I can't believe people were actually able to follow a rule!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

This one means alot to me
maybe i should have titled it mothers day 1990... long story i was nine.
my mother got the shirt when i showed her she looked like she was gonna cry

Please check it out

daedalusknight

eHalcyon wrote:Woah - okay this is slightly off-topic, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anybody was rejected for using asphalt in the last derby. I can't believe people were actually able to follow a rule!

Heheh... that's amazing. Considering all the other rules that got broken, you think there'd be at least one asphalt.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Momma rhino loves her baby rhino...hope you love baby rhino too!

derekfilley

i love it. You might want to go a bit more subtle on letting the shirt-green show through, especially on the dragon's wings.

artulo

derekfilley wrote:i love it. You might want to go a bit more subtle on letting the shirt-green show through, especially on the dragon's wings.

Good point. I think a little more detail on the wings and leaves would go a long way.

daedalusknight

derekfilley wrote:i love it. You might want to go a bit more subtle on letting the shirt-green show through, especially on the dragon's wings.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. The wings are almost fading into the background, as is the branch. Great shirt overall, though.

derekfilley

artulo wrote:Momma rhino loves her baby rhino...hope you love baby rhino too!

Nice art, what program did you use?

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat

Check this out and read the story below

When I was little I had a hamster that became pregnant. This hamster then gave birth to many little jelly-bean-looking babies. After a couple of days we noticed that there weren't as many babies as there were at first. The mommy hamster was munchin on her babies. I think it was because Joey and little Humphry were fighting and mommy just had a little too much of that.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Beefcoat wrote:When I was little I had a hamster that became pregnant. This hamster then gave birth to many little jelly-bean-looking babies. After a couple of days we noticed that there weren't as many babies as there were at first. The mommy hamster was munchin on her babies. I think it was because Joey and little Humphry were fighting and mommy just had a little too much of that.

We breed mice at work (I'm in research), and I see this happen pretty often. One morning there will be 9 pups, the next morning there will be 7 pups. Sometimes mommy eats them all, in which case we don't let her procreate anymore.

Great job on the pups (are hamster babies called pups, too?), btw. They're spot on.

derekfilley

ansharp wrote:We breed mice at work (I'm in research), and I see this happen pretty often. One morning there will be 9 pups, the next morning there will be 7 pups. Sometimes mommy eats them all, in which case we don't let her procreate anymore.

Great job on the pups (are hamster babies called pups, too?), btw. They're spot on.

I had three gerbils growing up... they lived in harmony until one of them somehow got the taste for blood. Canibal rodents.

micnormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micnormal
CAMMS wrote:The more I see this, the more I like it. My mother would LOVE the #1 quote and will wish she had thought of that one!

Thanks CAMMS!! That is my favorite quote from my mother! Thankfully I haven't had to use it on my kids yet

artulo

derekfilley wrote:Nice art, what program did you use?

I do all my design work in Illustrator with a Bamboo Fun tablet. Then I transfer it as .png to photoshop for making the comp and design images. Thanks!

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818

Resubbed please re-vote

how can you resist that face... he's sad cause he wants votes help

Please check it out

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

Well, crumb. I still haven't got that rickafrackin' Adobe Illustrator figured out and I think it's going to be a while before I can submit anything that looks halfway professional. It looks okay in the program, then undergoes some horrible metamorphosis on the way to the submit page.

The picture of the zombie was supposed to look like Heidi Klum. Just kidding.

Maybe I'll go make some apple crisp. That's always a crowd-pleaser.