Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Caligumby wrote:Personally, I think this resembles Mr. Toast WAY to much. He just took away the wings and the feet nd made it a pregnant waffle...

I was working on a toast theme for submission as a daily (someday) when the Mr. Toast came up. I thought, man, they're reading my mind. Now I have the Moo-donna (a cow figure in a head drape) that's just sitting in my image library.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Webfoot08 wrote:Well, crumb. I still haven't got that rickafrackin' Adobe Illustrator figured out and I think it's going to be a while before I can submit anything that looks halfway professional. It looks okay in the program, then undergoes some horrible metamorphosis on the way to the submit page.

The picture of the zombie was supposed to look like Heidi Klum. Just kidding.

Maybe I'll go make some apple crisp. That's always a crowd-pleaser.

Well, I use AI and the way I do it is to select the proper area for export, and export it as a .png 72dpi transparent background. Open that up in Photoshop and make your comp and detail images by crop and resize, add shadows, etc for the shirt portion (not the image layer!). Save as .jpg and upload!

Webfoot08

artulo wrote:Well, I use AI and the way I do it is to select the proper area for export, and export it as a .png 72dpi transparent background. Open that up in Photoshop and make your comp and detail images by crop and resize, add shadows, etc for the shirt portion (not the image layer!). Save as .jpg and upload!

Thanks! I don't have Photoshop, but the basic steps are good to know. I'm going to be switching to CorelDraw here pretty quick but AI does such a nice live trace, it's hard to let it go. Too much program there to just be doing live trace and live paint with it, though.

I always thought .jpg was the format that always ended up with all the distortions and color blotches after changing the size of the image, but I guess not. There's so much to learn!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Mother Nature.. it's not nice to mess with her

VOTE!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Webfoot08 wrote:I always thought .jpg was the format that always ended up with all the distortions and color blotches after changing the size of the image, but I guess not. There's so much to learn!

Yes, it does. But you have to save as a jpg for the shirt comp and the thumbnail.

bsweber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsweber
derekfilley wrote:i love it. You might want to go a bit more subtle on letting the shirt-green show through, especially on the dragon's wings.

that's a good idea, i might go ahead and try that, thanks!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Webfoot08 wrote:I always thought .jpg was the format that always ended up with all the distortions and color blotches after changing the size of the image, but I guess not. There's so much to learn!

Jpg is lossy, but woot converts comps and details to jpg, so if you submit a comp or detail in other formats, they'll end up looking even worse! The best bet seems to be to resize everything yourself to the exact size and format (jpg) that woot wants, clean them up yourself, and submit, leaving as little as possible to the woot automation.

daedalusknight

no1 wrote:Jpg is lossy, but woot converts comps and details to jpg, so if you submit a comp or detail in other formats, they'll end up looking even worse! The best bet seems to be to resize everything yourself to the exact size and format (jpg) that woot wants, clean them up yourself, and submit, leaving as little as possible to the woot automation.

This is completely true. Also, be sure and check and see how your thumbnail will look at 50% (120x120), as they are shown that size when not up in the top spots.

Webfoot08

bsweber wrote:what's up shirt woot? i'm new around here....would love your feedback on this one, thanks!

Whoa! New take on the baby cuckoo/cowbird taking over the swallow's nest. Great design.

Webfoot08

no1 wrote:Jpg is lossy, but woot converts comps and details to jpg, so if you submit a comp or detail in other formats, they'll end up looking even worse! The best bet seems to be to resize everything yourself to the exact size and format (jpg) that woot wants, clean them up yourself, and submit, leaving as little as possible to the woot automation.

daedalusknight wrote:This is completely true. Also, be sure and check and see how your thumbnail will look at 50% (120x120), as they are shown that size when not up in the top spots.

Ah, that helps, too. I understand more now. Thanks, both of you!

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

Please vote for MAMAAA!!!

EDIT
I also subbed on olive since there has been some concern about it printing clearly on the brown.

soothedbyrainfall.net

daedalusknight

Webfoot08 wrote:Ah, that helps, too. I understand more now. Thanks, both of you!

You're welcome. :-)

Webfoot08

soothedbyrainfall wrote:Please vote for MAMAAA!!!

Oh no! Poor little acorns! :-)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Please vote for Expert Juggler!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Pandas. Bamboo. Subliminal Messages. What more could you ask from a shirt?

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

My cute, quick and dirty entry for the weekend:

Hathor is the goddess who watches over mothers.

daedalusknight

fablefire wrote:My cute, quick and dirty entry for the weekend:

Hathor is the goddess who watches over mothers.

Ha! I love mythology shirts. And, of course, your totally offbeat approach to the subject matter. :-)

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer

br3ds0x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br3ds0x

I tried looking thru the FAQ but couldn't find anything to clear it up for me.

When it says '6 spot colors allowed', does this include black and white?..like a black outline?

daedalusknight

br3ds0x wrote:I tried looking thru the FAQ but couldn't find anything to clear it up for me.

When it says '6 spot colors allowed', does this include black and white?..like a black outline?

Any six ink colors at all can be used, but no more than six. So if you have black, white, red, green, blue and yellow that counts as six. Or you could use six colors besides white and black. Clever designers also make use of the shirt color as a seventh color in their design... there's no ink in those spots, but the shirt color shows through.

br3ds0x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br3ds0x
daedalusknight wrote:Any six ink colors at all can be used, but no more than six. So if you have black, white, red, green, blue and yellow that counts as six. Or you could use six colors besides white and black. Clever designers also make use of the shirt color as a seventh color in their design... there's no ink in those spots, but the shirt color shows through.

Got it thanks a lot.

Any thats a pretty sneaky idea there ;)

daedalusknight

br3ds0x wrote:Got it thanks a lot.

Any thats a pretty sneaky idea there ;)

You're welcome.

Check out my shirt design if you want to see an example of the shirt color as part of the design. The kitten second from the left is the same color as the shirt... so there's no ink needed there.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
daedalusknight wrote:Ha! I love mythology shirts. And, of course, your totally offbeat approach to the subject matter. :-)

Danke! Off beat is waaaay better than on the downbeat. =D

wooterer

Celtic Mother (resubmit)

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13840

The Triple Spiral is a Celtic symbol for mother and her many aspects, the triple spiral represents the various phases of womanhood, the passing of time, and the unity of these diverse dimensions. This symbol also represents the three phases of woman-ness: Mother in her compassion and nurturing state, Maiden in her innocence and pure state and Crone in her wise and experienced state.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
wooterer wrote:Celtic Mother (resubmit)

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13840

The Triple Spiral is a Celtic symbol for mother and her many aspects, the triple spiral represents the various phases of womanhood, the passing of time, and the unity of these diverse dimensions. This symbol also represents the three phases of woman-ness: Mother in her compassion and nurturing state, Maiden in her innocence and pure state and Crone in her wise and experienced state.

Pretty damn sick if you ask me. I love the effect the 3rd to middle layer makes.

wooterer

Discobiscuits wrote:Pretty damn sick if you ask me. I love the effect the 3rd to middle layer makes.

Thank you!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

memories are stopping me from putting this one on the site.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

whyskurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyskurs

Ok, since no one seems to like the design, could someone tell me what they'd change about it?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
whyskurs wrote:Ok, since no one seems to like the design, could someone tell me what they'd change about it?

It's huge, for a start. The pie is kind of floating above her hand, the way it looks. The whole mom is really without personality, since she's faceless, and that kind of creeps me out. I do suppose that the anonymity of the woman standing for all moms is what you were going for, but it ended up too anonymous, I think.

whyskurs

Josephus wrote:It's huge, for a start. The pie is kind of floating above her hand, the way it looks. The whole mom is really without personality, since she's faceless, and that kind of creeps me out. I do suppose that the anonymity of the woman standing for all moms is what you were going for, but it ended up too anonymous, I think.

Your absolutely right. This thing's massive now that I look at it. Thanks for the feedback.

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Josephus wrote:It's huge, for a start. The pie is kind of floating above her hand, the way it looks. The whole mom is really without personality, since she's faceless, and that kind of creeps me out. I do suppose that the anonymity of the woman standing for all moms is what you were going for, but it ended up too anonymous, I think.

Looks great man! I love that sword.. so fitting.
Also.. I decided to take out the words on mine and just leave it blank.
How's it look?

whyskurs

Chugaboy wrote:Looks great man! I love that sword.. so fitting.
Also.. I decided to take out the words on mine and just leave it blank.
How's it look?

The words would have been great if you could have figured a way to make that 007 mom icon work, but seriously, you just can't go wrong with a gun-toting mother!

Josephus was right about the size, though. There isn't anything wrong with the design, she's just too big on the shirt.

Chugaboy

whyskurs wrote:The words would have been great if you could have figured a way to make that 007 mom icon work, but seriously, you just can't go wrong with a gun-toting mother!

Josephus was right about the size, though. There isn't anything wrong with the design, she's just too big on the shirt.

I even sized it down some. A lot of the shirts on here cover the whole damn front. They drive me nuts cause I'd buy em otherwise. This would probably end up being 6 or so inches. Not bad compared to most.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Any color preference? I know this is a pretty girly design but hey look at the theme

Chugaboy

shan24 wrote:

Any color preference? I know this is a pretty girly design but hey look at the theme

Thats a good design

bonniegprice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonniegprice

Someone should design a shirt with all the sayings they heard as a child... like in the shape of a heart or shape of mom... the sayings like "I'll give you something to cry about" eat everything on your plate. if they told you to jump off a cliff, would you... etc... or just list them out

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Chugaboy wrote:Thats a good design

Thanks! Any thoughts on color?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bonniegprice wrote:Someone should design a shirt with all the sayings they heard as a child... like in the shape of a heart or shape of mom... the sayings like "I'll give you something to cry about" eat everything on your plate. if they told you to jump off a cliff, would you... etc... or just list them out

I did this and just got it loaded up. it's my take on "Were you born in a barn?":

and don't forget to show some love for my jellyfish!:

whyskurs

shan24 wrote:

Either is nice, though I've been told white shirts don't do well in the derby. However, it would be just plain dumb not to like this shirt because it's white. It's a ridiculously beautiful design.

Chugaboy

shan24 wrote:Thanks! Any thoughts on color?

as far as the shirt goes? Not sure.. I'd probably do a cream before a white. That red is fitting. My GF digs this as well and voted. Good luck!