jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
TAYLORT5 wrote:hmmm that one reminds me of one of my fav artists.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx_8qX9STHg she sure has changed.

wow. she talks total british or the like, but sings like a soulful black woman.

(ok, so this is the girl ive been seeing spoofed or made fun of, with her taboids pictures of her all geeked out... shame.)

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

Variation on one of today's Lolcats:

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:Hey, one of the 2 times I was in Tokyo, with just one Japanese colleague, we ate dinner at a sushi/sashimi place, and I tried everything, of course, no matter how weird looking it was. He had some kind of special order that took a while to get, and it was delicious. After I had eaten it and told him how good it was, he told me it was whale.

Just to let you know, that is the kind of thing they'll do without thinking. He knew I wouldn't have eaten it had I known what it was, and I don't know if it was a joke, or what. Alarmingly, it really was good, and now I understand a little better why they insist on doing something they have to know is wrong, though I do not condone it nor would I eat it knowing what it was.

Yeah food is food to me. If it happens once I wouldn't be offended. If it happens again then I'll worry about it. Doubtful that it'll happen though. ^_^ I also don't intend to try blowfish.

Still, thanks for the heads up.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
superspryte wrote:Yeah food is food to me. If it happens once I wouldn't be offended. If it happens again then I'll worry about it. Doubtful that it'll happen though. ^_^ I also don't intend to try blowfish.

Still, thanks for the heads up.

Yes, you don't want to try fugu... it may be safe, but it can kill you. I used to watch a lot of the original Iron Chefs, and judging by the show, there's a lot of good food there.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Webfoot08 wrote:Variation on one of today's Lolcats:

that's great!

I want to put that up in the main derby thread every time someone starts whining that their entry didn't do well. When they have well over 100 votes. And have only entered the derby a handful of times.

Meh.

I'm going from sniffly to snarky today, so I should probably get out of the forums before I say something I might regret later. One of the people I look up to used to say that a day wasn't one where she could suffer fools gladly. or at all. That would be me today.

My husband has yet to go pick up the (now) 4 dead mice outside. I do the trash, I do the cooking, he can deal with the meeses from his kitty. gah. He prefers to play WoW, though.

Now aren't you all glad you don't live here?

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:that's great!

I want to put that up in the main derby thread every time someone starts whining that their entry didn't do well. When they have well over 100 votes. And have only entered the derby a handful of times.

Meh.

I'm going from sniffly to snarky today, so I should probably get out of the forums before I say something I might regret later. One of the people I look up to used to say that a day wasn't one where she could suffer fools gladly. or at all. That would be me today.

My husband has yet to go pick up the (now) 4 dead mice outside. I do the trash, I do the cooking, he can deal with the meeses from his kitty. gah. He prefers to play WoW, though.

Now aren't you all glad you don't live here?

:O

My designs do either real well, or down in the <30 range (bunny is ~18, juggler is ~31).
I also am sniffly, but not feeling very snarky. Glad someone else can fill those shoes.
I don't touch dead mice either. We don't have cats, but we do have traps and a shed...
Don't touch WoW either. Too expensive.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Yay for sorting through all the music I pulled off of the old hard drive. ^_^ Apparently some files didn't make it but I'm writing them down so I can re-acquire the ones I don't have. All of my pictures survived. Huzzah!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:Yes, you don't want to try fugu... it may be safe, but it can kill you. I used to watch a lot of the original Iron Chefs, and judging by the show, there's a lot of good food there.

I'm doubtful it would be killing you. If you're eating that high end food, you're getting it from an expert chef- or he wouldn't be making fugu. My boss used to eat it. It makes your mouth kind of tingle, according to him, and just a bit of numbness. Of course, HIS boss loved to eat bamboo. His favorite restaurant in Tokushima (corporate headquarters) was a bamboo place.

You can't digest it, and so it, um, does things to your digestive system. unpleasant things. Apparently it is quite an acquired taste. <:^{

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
jimiyo wrote:wow. she talks total british or the like, but sings like a soulful black woman.

(ok, so this is the girl ive been seeing spoofed or made fun of, with her taboids pictures of her all geeked out... shame.)

Yeah 0 shes got a great style and ability as a singer, but an absolute trainwreck as a person. shame that they have to plaster that across the papers

Patchitect

Josephus wrote:I'm doubtful it would be killing you. If you're eating that high end food, you're getting it from an expert chef- or he wouldn't be making fugu. My boss used to eat it. It makes your mouth kind of tingle, according to him, and just a bit of numbness. Of course, HIS boss loved to eat bamboo. His favorite restaurant in Tokushima (corporate headquarters) was a bamboo place.

You can't digest it, and so it, um, does things to your digestive system. unpleasant things. Apparently it is quite an acquired taste. <:^{

that must be mature bamboo.. the shoots arent that bad. usually had them in Ramen. might explain why pandas are so cranky tho..

never had fugu or whale while i was over there, musty not have had rich enough friends to do that. as for the tingle.. i can get that with ebi or kane. then the hives, the itching, the wheezing, the whooowhoo of the ambulance.. its fun , really!

SkekTek

This is a late entry. Any final comments before submitting? Guess not- PLEASE VOTE!

Josephus

Patchitect wrote:that must be mature bamboo.. the shoots arent that bad. usually had them in Ramen. might explain why pandas are so cranky tho..

never had fugu or whale while i was over there, musty not have had rich enough friends to do that. as for the tingle.. i can get that with ebi or kane. then the hives, the itching, the wheezing, the whooowhoo of the ambulance.. its fun , really!

Pandas have to eat a load pf bamboo in order to live.

I don't know personally, the restaurant was closed the day he was going to take us.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:I'm doubtful it would be killing you. If you're eating that high end food, you're getting it from an expert chef- or he wouldn't be making fugu. My boss used to eat it. It makes your mouth kind of tingle, according to him, and just a bit of numbness. Of course, HIS boss loved to eat bamboo. His favorite restaurant in Tokushima (corporate headquarters) was a bamboo place.

A lot of that food probably is an acquired taste. Like stinky tofu. EDIT: And century eggs.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Webfoot08 wrote:Variation on one of today's Lolcats:

Awwww, man. All I get is "I don't like the color" or "I'm just not feeling it". Sadly this also applies to other non-shirt related activities.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:This is a late entry. Any final comments before submitting? Guess not- PLEASE VOTE!

are those klingon insignia earrings? I used to have a Star Trek button that actually beeped like a real ones. I can go on for far too long...

I've been watching less SF channel since the kids have gotten old enough to understand what's on TV - though my 10yo is obsessed with Stargate SG-1.

I voted and "encouraged" my husband to vote. The girlies voting block will go over the entries tomorrow.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote::O

My designs do either real well, or down in the <30 range (bunny is ~18, juggler is ~31).
I also am sniffly, but not feeling very snarky. Glad someone else can fill those shoes.
I don't touch dead mice either. We don't have cats, but we do have traps and a shed...
Don't touch WoW either. Too expensive.

My kids play Pirates of the Carribean, but they were playing WoW for a while. gah. Now you can understand why I want them to do computer graphics instead!

I think my husband dealt with the mice. My 10 year old is death phobic and couldn't go outside today unless someone removed the mice. Living at the end of the earth means cute bunnies, deer, and endangered birds, but also mice. bleh.

Skek - how's the teeth? And how old are your kids? Your juggling mom seemed to have little kid stuff, so I'm thinking they're little.

Phew, weekend's almost over, so the girls' friends will be available. It's so much easier when they have friends over!

mia3mom

I went from being overly emotional and sniffling over the poor baby birdies in tgentry's entry who have to be with the fake mama bird..

and now I'm in snarky/grouchy mode. I love tapering down medications - my own normal human mood swings weren't exciting enough!

So, is it just me being in a rotten mood, or does anyone else not want to vote for shirts designed by people who haven't bought anything? It's probably just me. the empty boxes bother me, though.

Patchitect

Its late, i know, but lets see if this thing has wings..

Mom is Cuckoo!!

I tell you - theres something aint right about that boy.. No sir-eee... His mother wont admit it, keeps treating 'im like just one of the other kids.. but Nothing good's ever gonna come of that boy...

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:A lot of that food probably is an acquired taste. Like stinky tofu. EDIT: And century eggs.

aren't century eggs just boiled eggs which then have their shells cracked all over and then soaked in tea so that there's a pattern of dark stain from the tea all over the surface of the egg? I think they're really cool looking. Do they taste bad (like tea mixed with egg)?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:aren't century eggs just boiled eggs which then have their shells cracked all over and then soaked in tea so that there's a pattern of dark stain from the tea all over the surface of the egg?

No. Eggs boiled in tea are, oddly enough, called "tea eggs." Century eggs are different.

Wikipedia said:

Century egg, also known as preserved egg, hundred-year egg, thousand-year egg and thousand-year-old egg is a Chinese cuisine ingredient made by preserving duck, chicken or quail eggs in mixture of clay, ash, salt, lime, and rice straw for several weeks to several months, depending on the method of processing. After the process is completed, the yolk becomes a dark green, cream-like substance with a strong odor of sulfur and ammonia, while the white becomes a dark brown, transparent jelly with little flavor or taste. The transforming agent in century egg is its alkaline material, which gradually raises the pH of egg from around 9 to 12 or more. This chemical process breaks down some of the complex, flavorless proteins and fats, which produces a variety of smaller flavorful compounds.

Some eggs have patterns near the surface of the egg white which are likened to pine branches.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

UPDATE the bee shirt has been made into an dessert plate . my recipe for strawberry chiffon with honey strawberry sauce.this made 570 people very happy.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

SkekTek

TAYLORT5 wrote:UPDATE the bee shirt has been made into an dessert plate . my recipe for strawberry chiffon with honey strawberry sauce.this made 570 people very happy.

oh lordy lord that looks scumptious...

EDIT: Would the geek mom look better if she was coming out of a pocket with a pocket protector (painted-nails-hands on the protector)?

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
TAYLORT5 wrote:UPDATE the bee shirt has been made into an dessert plate . my recipe for strawberry chiffon with honey strawberry sauce.this made 570 people very happy.

Wow that is gorgeous, and I'll bet it tasted divine. Are you a professional dessert chef?

no1

mia3mom wrote:So, is it just me being in a rotten mood, or does anyone else not want to vote for shirts designed by people who haven't bought anything? It's probably just me. the empty boxes bother me, though.

Hmph. Comments like this bother me.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
no1 wrote:Hmph. Comments like this bother me.

I think the white boxes are only used by people who have multiple accounts, the white box account being the fake identity.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:I think the white boxes are only used by people who have multiple accounts, the white box account being the fake identity.

//must... resist... urge... to... strangle...

mia3mom

no1 wrote:Hmph. Comments like this bother me.

Sorry No1. I should've said "except no1, who is special"

no1

mia3mom wrote:Sorry No1. I should've said "except no1, who is special"

I see... that would explain the years of special education.

mia3mom

oh wow, taylor. yummmmmm....

I want to reach through the computer and eat this. wow. i'm so impressed with your patience and how you do every little thing beautifully. I can make fabulous meals, but the fussy bits of desserts isn't where my skill lies.

i'm drooling, though. And not just because I haven't had strawberries in 3 years (my youngest developed an anaphylactic berry allergy, darnit. she's contact-reactive, too.)

mia3mom

no1 wrote:I see... that would explain the years of special education.

and I would recognize it, after teaching special ed. ;)

you do have great comments about entries, though. and I would never want to offend someone who is so skilled at editing posts for quotes.

It's the people with just a few comments and no purchases that usually annoy me. but again, I was feeling annoyed already. today isn't looking good - damp, cool days = pain.

no1

mia3mom wrote:and I would never want to offend someone who is so skilled at editing posts for quotes.

Schrobblehead

no1 wrote://must... resist... urge... to... strangle...

I'm surprised you aren't trying to use the vulcan neck thingy... I thought you were a trekkie or something.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

no1

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm surprised you aren't trying to use the vulcan neck thingy... I thought you were a trekkie or something.

The Vulcan nerve pinch only subdues you to unconsciousness. The Vulcan Death Grip is more fun, but is harder to master.

Josephus

mia3mom wrote:

So, is it just me being in a rotten mood, or does anyone else not want to vote for shirts designed by people who haven't bought anything? It's probably just me. the empty boxes bother me, though.

I think it was just your rotten mood. I don't think in general that people hide their identities when designing shirts, but when they're hating on shirts. Empty boxes by the names of designers usually mean they're just starting to submit stuff on woot, I'd expect.

other than no1, who has specialized in being special.

Josephus

no1 wrote:The Vulcan nerve pinch only subdues you to unconsciousness. The Vulcan Death Grip is more fun, but is harder to master.

once you know it, though, you can sometimes use it by reflex, which can be inconvenient.

"yes, Mrs. Johnson, I know Bobby was just horsing around, but I didn't see him coming, and I just reacted when he kicked me in the nether region. Of course I didn't do it on purpose- do you have any idea what my insurance costs since I learned this?"

no1

Josephus wrote:once you know it, though, you can sometimes use it by reflex, which can be inconvenient.

"yes, Mrs. Johnson, I know Bobby was just horsing around, but I didn't see him coming, and I just reacted when he kicked me in the nether region. Of course I didn't do it on purpose- do you have any idea what my insurance costs since I learned this?"

// Internally laughing, externally suppressing emotions

SkekTek

no1 wrote:// Internally laughing, externally suppressing emotions

Dunno about those, but my wife gives Vulcan back rubs... once she's done, I have a hard time moving

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

ommg big big challenges today, guyez. I don't know if I can do this. I kind of feel like I might throw up or wet my pants. I am also extremely excited.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:... or wet my pants.

That would be an interesting story to tell.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:ommg big big challenges today, guyez. I don't know if I can do this. I kind of feel like I might throw up or wet my pants. I am also extremely excited.

Make us proud.

The worst thing that could happen is that you try hard but don't succeed, but then you'll have a good excuse to strangle either your life coach or your boss. Win win!