soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
nicyoungblood wrote:i think my mom would be sad if i gave her that. she kind of likes trees... :/
all though, she likes lemons too.

Yeah, you kinda have to have a morbid sense of humor (like me) to like this design I guess. My hope however is that it will appeal to more folks in general and not necessarily be something only a mom could wear.

soothedbyrainfall.net

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Statue of Frigg

If you guys like this, check out his new submission, the bust.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
toe2254 wrote:ROFLMAO!

omnipotent32 wrote:Awesome! +1

makselarts wrote:Love the expression on the egg...too funny!

Thanks for the support!

Just out of curiosity, did anybody else do the baby egg project in school? Or sugar sack or flour sack babies?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:Would it work without the text? And will the brown be visible on the shirt brown? Black already has problems, wouldn't another brown be even worse?

But regardless of all that, I really like the design. Those are some cuteeee acorns.

Yow... correct there... brown ink will NOT show up on brown shirts... they're really dark brown shirts. Much darker than the file Woot gives us. Please submit on another color.

eHalcyon

Re: MOTHER EARTH

It's hard to tell, but are there gradients? If so, you're going to get rejected. If not, the illusion is very well designed.

eHalcyon

Re: which came first?

Gradients on the egg - not allowed.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
jamescho84 wrote:I don't think the guy knows we live 30 minutes from each other Eh travis?
Or that we give ourselves critiques and share some design ideas off of woot. We're NMES BRO!!

man, that's unfair. so you're both talented, both funny, AND you have someone to share design input with? C'mon guys, move away from each other and share the love around the country.

OR, you could tour in an RV and do What Not to Design, or Designers Eye for the Hack ...

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

eHalcyon

Re: Moms Are Brave

I've heard some terrrrrrible stories that make this shirt less of a joke. XP

mia3mom

Re: Nobodys' child

very cool, and just twisted enough. the design reminds me of something, but I can't think of what it is.

sundbe11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sundbe11
Re: my mom can beat up your mom

This is kinda funny, but its an old joke. And who would honestly wear this?? It is well executed however

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz

sundbe11

Re: Dragonly Love

well done. Good choice of shirt color

alboneus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alboneus

Cute! Perfect for my gf! She has a little boy. vote++;

Before free market economy, we eat potato each night for dinner. Now we have much money. We eat two potato each night for dinner. And on happy days, we eat salted pork from can.

sundbe11

What do you use to draw your designs? do u have a tablet?

Izzman89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Izzman89

I like the idea of tattoo flash and such as a design for a shirt, but this looks awfully like something ripped out of one of Sailor Jerry's books... Even more so given the background you chose. Not trying to be too rude, and I know everyone loves Sailor Jerry, but if you do have time for a re-sub try to make it more 'you'.

Izzman89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Izzman89
Failoan wrote:Cute little cow is back with mum.

More resubs?... Really?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: MILF: Mother I'd Love Forever

This will still get rejected. No self-respecting mother would wear this. Anyone from a long distance away will just see the initials and think of the other term.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
QuigglyPhD wrote:Always awesome Sokowa. One of these days I'll be able to make a shirt as clean as yours. Then - watch out ;) Til then, GMV

ha, I blame practice

mia3mom

Re: M.A.N.G.

glad you did it, Spryte! love the comp.

my oldest is insistent that she isn't a geek. eh, she's also the one who entered the derby and is pushing me to buy a tablet...

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
daedalusknight wrote:Yow... correct there... brown ink will NOT show up on brown shirts... they're really dark brown shirts. Much darker than the file Woot gives us. Please submit on another color.

I resubbed on olive if you care to vote for it ...but I still like it best on brown

soothedbyrainfall.net

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
Re: MILF: Mother I'd Love Forever

I don't see this as PG-13 (able to stand through woot! filters) enough. Inappropriate. Uncalled for. No, no, no... just no.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Yeah, you kinda have to have a morbid sense of humor (like me) to like this design I guess. My hope however is that it will appeal to more folks in general and not necessarily be something only a mom could wear.

that should be the overall goal of the derby, I'd think... yes, there's a much larger female population at woot than woot guys will normally admit to, but not all of them are mothers. I see too many entries trying to go super-feminine and mothery, and that's going to ostracize votes, not gain them.

That said, you've got my vote.

mia3mom

Great idea! We have a bumper sticker that reads "do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup" This shirt would go well with it! gmv

mctc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mctc

I don't really know. I am referencing the movie Rosemary's baby where Mia Farrow has the devils baby.

a70chevy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a70chevy
Re: Yet another Mom tattoo

This would be awesome if they could print it on the sleeves!

outlawmoogle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages outlawmoogle
Re: Mama Bear

Kind of lazy to resubmit this.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Mom- expert juggler

This is based on an idea my wife had... she seems to always be juggling several things at once, and does that ten times better than I ever could. So this one's for her.

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
Re: There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

The lines are the color of the shirt.

daedalusknight

soothedbyrainfall wrote:I resubbed on olive if you care to vote for it ...but I still like it best on brown

I understand... I like the brown better too. I wish Woot would have a lighter brown so people could print in browns and blacks on it. Still... it looks just fine on green.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: my mom can beat up your mom

FINALLY!!!! I've been asking for a shirt that a GUY could wear -
AND YOU DID IT!!!!.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
eHalcyon wrote:I remember in school, there was a project where we had to take care of an egg baby (you may have had sacks of sugar or flour). Well, remember that you aren't the biological parent...

Please forgive my poor diaper-drawing abilities.

hey how do you not use gradients...or get rid of them if they exist. Im new and I dont even know what that is.

mjc613

sundbe11 wrote:This is kinda funny, but its an old joke. And who would honestly wear this?? It is well executed however

My husband would.

mjc613

1985starzi wrote:Hmmm... good point, but I didn't want to do any that were all caps, I find that annoying. Perhaps I should use a font without all the curved ends, more like block letters, and perhaps a bit bolder?

I think the font is fine - it matches Chuck's hair quite nicely.

mia3mom

Re: MAMAAA!!!

very funny. I have a (too dark?) sense of humor, and this totally tickled it. well-drawn, too.

nice to see a shirt with more than one or two offspring, as well.

mjc613

outlawmoogle wrote:Kind of lazy to resubmit this.

As long as there are noticeable changes and it matches the theme, there is no problem with a resub. And sometimes the changes take as long as the original. Just depends.

daedalusknight

bobbymon wrote:hey how do you not use gradients...or get rid of them if they exist. Im new and I dont even know what that is.

Gradients are where one color slowly changes to another color... like a fade effect.

To have your shirt printed, all areas of color need to be a single solid color. They can't start out dark blue and gradually get lighter from left to right, for example.

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
Re: Portuguese Mom-of-war

This image is a sketch of the rarely seen Portuguese Mom-of-war. Here she is holding the tentacle of her little one, who's holding the tentacle of her little sister, and so forth...to make sure that everyone is safe as they cross the great, wide ocean together. What a wonderful Mom(-of-war)!

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:FINALLY!!!! I've been asking for a shirt that a GUY could wear -
AND YOU DID IT!!!!.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

How about some kittens on red?

Nah, didn't think so. :-)

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27

THANK YOU! to everyone who's voted and for all the nice comments!

MIA3MOM: that bumper sticker is so funny! my mom would love it, she is a big fan of dragons (another reason for my entry this week)

mjc613

Re: Your Dairy Godmother!

Fight Lactose Intolerance! Vote for the Dairy Godmother!!!