suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Momma Slime

Grrooose. Love the makeup though.

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
AdderXYU wrote:I wasn't a -complete- jerk about it.

I'm hinting that "taking a line from a movie and making an unfunny shirt about it" is the territory of Snorg Tees, or Shirt-A-Day, or any number of sites that aren't woot (which is why I LOVE the frequent text-free derbies).

I'd also state that you probably didn't think up a line from wedding crashers by yourself, but if you are indeed the scriptwriter, congrats on a very successful film.

sorry dude, i'll try to stick with cute cuddly animals that the weirdest adults in this country flock to shirt woot for.

Im not saying my design is great at all but dont make comments like that just because i dont conform to 'kids-r-us' shirts that usually win this competition.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
bobbymon wrote:So if im using photshop...do i just make the background of each layer...the colors that are in the shirt design? Or do I need to actually enlarge the design? and also add additional layers?

Your photoshop file should be one single file that has one layer for each color of ink. For example, if you have black ink on your shirt then there should be a layer that has only the black parts of your design on it. The background layer should be your shirt color and have nothing else on that layer. The design should start out large enough to print when you draw it, otherwise it will look horrible if you scale it up (unless it's a vector design).

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
2thFairy wrote:Makes me think of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

I wonder what would Mr. Freud say

suzyottomatic

jmseifer wrote:I like it. Clever, understated. My personal preference would be for the last little guy to be sucking a tentacle and dragging a teddy bear or dolly. Either way, I think it's one of the best designs so far! Good luck!

Ooh, great idea but than the men may not vote. Have love the purples on darks since mahalis (sorry if misspelled) fireweed design. This doesn't hit you over the head with momness which is great for us moms not wearing mom jeans.

TheKellers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheKellers
Re: Mothering the Queen

this shirt is awesome, i really like the idea and hope it wins. took me a while to figure out "mother aliens"

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
bobbymon wrote:hey how do you not use gradients...or get rid of them if they exist. Im new and I dont even know what that is.

hey cool! thanks so much for your help. im pretty sure i got it now. i appreciate it.

imthej

AdderXYU wrote:I wasn't a -complete- jerk about it.

I'm hinting that "taking a line from a movie and making an unfunny shirt about it" is the territory of Snorg Tees, or Shirt-A-Day, or any number of sites that aren't woot (which is why I LOVE the frequent text-free derbies).

I'd also state that you probably didn't think up a line from wedding crashers by yourself, but if you are indeed the scriptwriter, congrats on a very successful film.

oh, and another thing...do you truly not have anything better to do then to go through the derby submissions make A hole comments about the ones that you dont like? All i ever see next to your name is insults and complaints. have you ever heard of, 'if you dont have something nice to say, then dont say anything?' And im sure i'll get probation for saying this stuff because im insulting one the few with immunity on this site, but i dont care. It needs to be said and if shirt woot doesnt want to hear it well thats a shame that they preach fairness and being nice to each other and then dont do anything about it

kerinicole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerinicole
Re: Mother Nature

Love it! Absolutely beautiful.
GMV.
Hope it wins. =]

daedalusknight

bobbymon wrote:hey cool! thanks so much for your help. im pretty sure i got it now. i appreciate it.

You're welcome.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
narkus wrote:edgar and cho--two great artists with loads of imagination and talent. byrbwr--one obviously jealous, insipid butt cheese

You are brilliant. You can stay.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
suzyottomatic wrote:Yup. One to wear one to frame.

Thanks Suzy! That's a very nice thing to say. The cubist one is losing ground. I thought it might be too much for the derby. I'm still going to stay optimistic though. I'd love to see it go over well with the voters.

mjc613

bobbymon wrote:alright i fixed up the shirts...now i think the only thing i dont understand is the last submission..."the hige file" can you explain that for me. How I do it or what it means. I really appreciate it.

I'm betting Hige=huge

suzyottomatic

Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

You do kitties well, I think my mom, cat lover and mother of five would love this shirt. Thanks for making me think of others tonight and no I'm not talking about my mama.

mjc613

klswoot wrote:Thanks Suzy! That's a very nice thing to say. The cubist one is losing ground. I thought it might be too much for the derby. I'm still going to stay optimistic though. I'd love to see it go over well with the voters.

And I thought it would go the other way, so it just goes to show that I should not be a mindreader.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
narkus wrote:damn! what cool characters! i really dig this : )

Thank you!

suzyottomatic

Re: OH! For ME?

Cute but twisted, great job as usual.

mjc613

imthej wrote:oh, and another thing...do you truly not have anything better to do then to go through the derby submissions make A hole comments about the ones that you dont like? All i ever see next to your name is insults and complaints. have you ever heard of, 'if you dont have something nice to say, then dont say anything?' And im sure i'll get probation for saying this stuff because im insulting one the few with immunity on this site, but i dont care. It needs to be said and if shirt woot doesnt want to hear it well thats a shame that they preach fairness and being nice to each other and then dont do anything about it

Adder does not have immunity. He just returned from probation.

daedalusknight

suzyottomatic wrote:You do kitties well, I think my mom, cat lover and mother of five would love this shirt. Thanks for making me think of others tonight and no I'm not talking about my mama.

I'm so glad you like it, and your mom would like it. Wow... another family of five? Guess there are more of us around than I had thought.

I'm also glad to get people to spend some time thinking of others. I have no idea whether this shirt will make it to printing but I'd really like the chance to send a big wad of cash out to a cancer charity. Hopefully just my mentioning it will get a lot of donations flowing from people who care. Thanks so much for your support. :-)

mjc613

ressaler wrote:This Shirt was designed by the lovely Will Quinn. He is a member of TEAM PAB, a bunch of theatre arts majors form Virginia Tech turned designers. The e-design execution was by Adam Ressa.

Welcome, Virginia Tech'ers!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

mjc613

Caligumby wrote:This is a stolen idea from the cookie commercials.... Although funny, Edgar is only taking an idea from a very successful ad campaign and trying to profit from it...

I doubt the profit motive was seriously part of the equation.

The cookies look different, and on TV they are friends vs. relatives (at least in the commercial I saw). Besides, when I first saw Edgar's drawing, I thought they were potatoes.

suzyottomatic

Re: Mama Bear

My hubby can relate to this shirt, maybe I should switch to decaf. I like the resub, it was great idea then and its a great idea now. More so because its a "mom" bear. Obviously there are many out there who feel this shirt have been printed the first time. Good luck tgentry.

mjc613

daedalusknight wrote:How about some kittens on red?

Nah, didn't think so. :-)

I personally wouldn't mind, but I don't think your kittens would show up that well.
Besides, we need red shirts to go to college football and basketball games, and the kittens wouldn't enjoy all the noise.

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
Re: Mama Bear

cool, the paw looks a lot better with the details now! though i think less wrinkles on the face would be better....but still, nice additions.

though, i think people would rather have the original version....you should resubmit it if there's a father's day derby!

imthej

mjc613 wrote:Adder does not have immunity. He just returned from probation.

i have 11 votes...im nowhere near the top so why are people making their way to the bottom of the list to make mean comments. All i ask is that if someone doesnt have something nice to say or even constructive criticism, then dont say it. I have received probation numerous times on this site and it's always been when i was defending myself. I just got off 256 hours of probation for defending myself against something else Adder said. I just want to be left alone by those who only care to open their mouths to say something mean

jmseifer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jmseifer

Nifty. shirt color ties in nice with theme. I'm on board.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Help! Momma Ate Jimmy!

Angler fish boss - legend of zelda: link's awakening

GMV

mjc613

Re: M0M!!!

I don't understand this, but thank you for the red shirt.

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:I personally wouldn't mind, but I don't think your kittens would show up that well.
Besides, we need red shirts to go to college football and basketball games, and the kittens wouldn't enjoy all the noise.

There isn't a college football team called the kittens? :-)

What teams do you follow? Maybe I'll make a red shirt for you next derby if it's something mythological. :-)

sentnl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sentnl
Re: Message in the Sand

One of my first photoshop attempts...a special Mothers' Day message :].

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion
Re: Mommy?

http://www.threadless.com/submission/158620/Kiss_me_mommy

clndstnpete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clndstnpete
Re: Your Eggo Is Preggo

I love it! If it gets to the fog, I will stay up just to make sure I get one.

GMV!!!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
daedalusknight wrote:You're welcome.

Man, why do you have to be so polite? Can't people start arguing about something so I can get more votes? ;)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mjc613

Re: Money Doesn't Grow On Trees... Or Does It?

Did your mother always say this?
Otherwise, not sure how this is related to this week's theme.

lowtoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowtoast

Awww!
Nice work anyway..

lowtoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowtoast

Awww!
Nice work anyway..

daedalusknight

eHalcyon wrote:Man, why do you have to be so polite? Can't people start arguing about something so I can get more votes? ;)

Heeeheh.... uhm...Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries? :-)

Sorry, guess I'm not too good at being mean. Maybe someone will come along and start hating both our shirts so that we can both get more votes. :-)

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia

awww... I'm a spinster, so I love cats. I'm a daughter, so I love moms. Bless your heart for donating your (hopeful) proceeds.

cute all around.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

My mother is gone (lung cancer) and I would love to wear this in her memory. My cats and I vote for this one.