Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
arethusa668 wrote:nice ^__^!! wish you lots of luck with this

nice job, GMV

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Bless You

How to make a generic woot design:
Step 1: Find a reference that internet nerds would like. Videogames, pirates, ninjas, and popular youtube videos are among your best weapons.
Step 2: Draw, adding the vaguest of subtexts to make it somewhat on topic
Step 3: Submit

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: Celtic Mother (resubmit)

The Triple Spiral is a Celtic symbol for mother and her many aspects, the triple spiral represents the various phases of womanhood, the passing of time, and the unity of these diverse dimensions. This symbol also represents the three phases of woman-ness: Mother in her compassion and nurturing state, Maiden in her innocence and pure state and Crone in her wise and experienced state.

P.S. Had to resubmit to fix minor issue

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
eHalcyon wrote:If you received probation, it was not for defending yourself. It would have been for any particularly nasty comment. Even if you are defending yourself, it does not give you the right to insult others - past a certain limit, at least. If you feel that somebody has crossed the line, just report the post and move on. If you argue and say something worse, that just means you're more likely to be put on probation.

In any case, this is the internet. If you're going to be here, you really have to grow some thick skin. There are many jerks on the internet - or at least, they'll seem jerky to you - you'll probably seem jerky to them at the same time. It's what happens when there are millions upon millions of people who don't all have the same opinion.

Nobody is immune from probation. Just be careful what you say and you'll be fine. Some people just prefer to push the limits - like Adder. =)

Reporting people doesnt always work. These guys leave really mean comments without swearing so the mindless woot employees dont thinks its wrong. I've been on the internet for a long time...i know everyone is an sassy chimpanzee. im not stupid. I just think this site is unfair with the handling of probation. but seriously...not more effing comments in my thread about this stuff. I only want nice comments or constructive criticism on here (you know, what it's meant for). i dont want to keep looking at my submission to find people attacking me. THere's one good comment on here and then Adder and his loser life had to come barge in here being pissy cause my design isn't a penguin that cant fly or anything of that nature.

evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord
lilwerewolfgirl wrote:you guys requested a version without text/white BG <3 here it is, i also took the recommendations about Size on the shirt to heart.

I didn't request it, but ahhhh, much better. Now I'd buy it.

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
Re: Congratz

OOPS! Should have been more careful! Oh well, I like my kids to be a surprise!

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Run Away. Seriously.

Hilarious. I love it!

I'd never wear it... but it's got my vote just for the humor.

GravityJMB

Re: Mom's Apple Pie

More people need to click this to get the whole picture... and then make it's way to the fog.

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Re: Kanga mom

kangaroos, the ultimate overprotective mother.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Congratz

scary ass frakking shirt if u ask me :P

DigitalDonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DigitalDonkey
Re: Bust of Frigg

Try soiled and dejected

cheapojoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheapojoe
Re: Mom likes me best!

I like the classic 1930's design. Hope this one wins!

DigitalDonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DigitalDonkey
Re: Necessity is the Mother of Invention

is she vomitting on the baby?

cheapojoe

Re: Pregnant?

Very clever design, yet, seeing as I'm a guy I don't think I'd be wearing this shirt much. Kudos on the idea though, but I'm not feeling it. Sorry

keeyoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages keeyoh

So cute! I love the art, and it's a great play on the nursery rhyme. Really fits with the theme, and brings back those memories of Mom reading these when I was a kid

cheapojoe

Re: Mother Earth

I can see mother earth is going to be a common theme during this derby, but I definitely like the idea. To be honest, I'm not feeling the white shirt. Maybe a darker colored shirt such as a black or grey one.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: Mom's Butterfly Surprise

Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. That includes how your offspring turn out. :D

cheapojoe

DigitalDonkey wrote:This disturbs even me.

Someone has a mommy issue.

Word.

Design confuses me, but I agree that it is definitely original. *shutters*

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: Run Away. Seriously.

Great idea! Hard to tell the silhouettes are supposed to be mothers.. more Rocker-ish but neat nonetheless.

cheapojoe

evitafjord wrote:maybe i'm just lost, but what IS that between her legs?

You said it. Upon first glance, I'm frightened.

cheapojoe

SkekTek wrote:This is based on an idea my wife had... she seems to always be juggling several things at once, and does that ten times better than I ever could. So this one's for her.

I like it bro and I can vouch for you. Seems like Moms do it all. Only criticism I have: Make the mom looked more stressed or over worked. Maybe make a more awkward pose, like she is off-balance. God only knows how hard my Moms works to keep families together, might as well make it look difficult.

cheapojoe

Re: Super Mom

Anyone who hits on the supermom concept gets my vote. Although, I'm still skeptical on the design. Don't know how I feel about a person dreaming about their mom. Still, great idea.

cheapojoe

Re: I Have The _______ Mom Ever

*clicks vote*

Definitely want this shirt. My mom would love it.

cheapojoe

Apriori wrote:I'm not big on the hand, but too funny to not vote for.

So true. Feels like the Chips Ahoy cookie.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
wooterer wrote:The Triple Spiral is a Celtic symbol for mother and her many aspects, the triple spiral represents the various phases of womanhood, the passing of time, and the unity of these diverse dimensions. This symbol also represents the three phases of woman-ness: Mother in her compassion and nurturing state, Maiden in her innocence and pure state and Crone in her wise and experienced state.

P.S. Had to resubmit to fix minor issue

Anything Celtic is cool in my book. This has a lot more meaning and thought to it than most designs. =)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

CapnSky wrote:This also looks pretty good on asphalt - thoughts?

I like the yellow more because of the brightness, but I think that's usually an unpopular colour for the voters. Leave up both for a day and then remove the one that has less votes (to avoid splitting the vote).

I really like the design. Great job!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
imthej wrote:Reporting people doesnt always work. These guys leave really mean comments without swearing so the mindless woot employees dont thinks its wrong. I've been on the internet for a long time...i know everyone is an sassy chimpanzee. im not stupid. I just think this site is unfair with the handling of probation. but seriously...not more effing comments in my thread about this stuff. I only want nice comments or constructive criticism on here (you know, what it's meant for). i dont want to keep looking at my submission to find people attacking me. THere's one good comment on here and then Adder and his loser life had to come barge in here being pissy cause my design isn't a penguin that cant fly or anything of that nature.

You make so many assumptions. Accusing me of wanting a penguin on a shirt is like accusing SamoaJoe of being upset that Cho didn't win one week.

I apologize. I'll try to make a constructive critique: when entering a themed contest, attempt to contribute a design which is more than tangentially on topic. Using a quote from a popular film is A) uncreative, and B) not what the topic asks for. Strive to improve both your creativity and your skills... I'm not a great artist, but entering derbies has been a great way to flex my brain and hone what little skill I have. You have an excellent venue to get true critiques and opinions, and you're using it for submitting the same sort of shirts you can get anywhere. You're relying on familiarity with a movie quote to sell your shirt, which is no less pandering than a flying penguin or a PacMan mother.

GravityJMB

Re: Bamboo Eating 101

nom nom NOM NOM nom

Adorable. I want one!

eHalcyon

imthej wrote:Reporting people doesnt always work. These guys leave really mean comments without swearing so the mindless woot employees dont thinks its wrong. I've been on the internet for a long time...i know everyone is an sassy chimpanzee. im not stupid. I just think this site is unfair with the handling of probation. but seriously...not more effing comments in my thread about this stuff. I only want nice comments or constructive criticism on here (you know, what it's meant for). i dont want to keep looking at my submission to find people attacking me. THere's one good comment on here and then Adder and his loser life had to come barge in here being pissy cause my design isn't a penguin that cant fly or anything of that nature.

Woot actually doesn't mind the swearing, as far as I know, because they have filters on. It's just when people do things like call others losers that a post is considered probation worthy.

I hope you don't get discouraged by all this though. I think your design looks rather good, though I don't get the reference (I never watched Wedding Crashers - I think someone said that it's from that movie). Here's some of that constructive criticism you asked for - black doesn't print well on brown shirts. From photos posted of shirts sold in the past, the brown shirt is actually really dark and black just gets lost in it.

Good luck!

TshirtTank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TshirtTank

This is by far the funniest shirt in the entry, & I voted for it, but there is something odd. It really looks like a Guy Eggo, (I know it's a mouth, but looks like a mustache)

TshirtTank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TshirtTank

eHalcyon

TshirtTank wrote:Hairiest

That... is a great adjective.

gacibula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gacibula

Will buy instantly if it wins.

Wow... i LOLd

gacibula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gacibula
TshirtTank wrote:This is by far the funniest shirt in the entry, & I voted for it, but there is something odd. It really looks like a Guy Eggo, (I know it's a mouth, but looks like a mustache)

*giggles* i thought it was a mustache too!

I think tha'ts why i Laffed

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
Re: Little Red Motherhood

Little red riding hood becomes a mother, and faces the ultimate daytime show question - who's the father?

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
eHalcyon wrote:Curse you, fablefire! My egg stands no chance. XP

I'm not familiar enough with Egyptian mythology either. Really, my only exposure to Egyptian and Norse mythology came from Age of Mythology. =P

Well your egg's sure doing better than my cow. XD

I was never a fan of Norse mythology. Too much hack 'n slash.

smileyattack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smileyattack
Re: But I love them anyway

*giggles* I love the one with the mohawk :D

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts

beetlequeen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beetlequeen
Re: Lots of Hugs!

Love love love love!!

My boyfriend and I have a running joke that if we ever spawned children, they would be jellyfish.

Needless to say, I have an unnatural love for this design.

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
firasion wrote:http://www.threadless.com/submission/158620/Kiss_me_mommy

I can see a resemblance. Mine is better.