jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
AdderXYU wrote:I wouldn't hold your breath, ilstu. Edgar has a habit of fogging early and dropping quickly. Wooters don't appreciate him because he's creative.

Still, I'm crossing my fingers too... woot doesn't deserve edgar, but edgar deserves woot's money.

that's exactly how I feel. This shirt is amazing and Edgar's talent leaves me speechless. Especially seeing how many people don't appreciate his works of art. I hope I can one day own an Edgar shirt.

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Re: Mom likes me best!

Reminds me of the cover art of my old band.
I adore this style

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264
mjc613 wrote:You obviously have never slept with curlers on. Many women sleep with only one for their bangs, or one on each side, or some variation thereof. I can't sleep with a full set of rollers, and I would need something stronger than coffee to help me in the morning.

I'm not saying it should be realistic. I mean, really, do bears wear curlers? :P
I just think giving it more curlers would clear up the gender neutrality thing going on here. It's okay from close up, but from far away, it still looks like a dude.

Chugaboy

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264
Re: Thanks, Mom.

heh, it's the story of my life.

pineconebryce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pineconebryce

I was pretty sure it's the symbol for the elements air, water, and fire... At least, that's what it's commonly accepted as, because the original meaning of the design is unknown. So I checked Wikipedia, and I'm right. No mention of a relation to motherhood at all... It is sometimes co-oped to be a symbol for the Wiccan Goddess, who is often viewed (by non-Wiccans at least) as what most people call "Mother Earth." But that's the closest stretch I can find. Your sources?

Chugaboy

hmmxkrazee wrote:Great idea! Hard to tell the silhouettes are supposed to be mothers.. more Rocker-ish but neat nonetheless.

Mothers are Rockers

thewarrior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thewarrior
Re: Celtic Mother (resubmit)

This is a shirt that my mom would actually wear, shes likes the blue

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
Discobiscuits wrote:Angler fish boss - legend of zelda: link's awakening

GMV

no. this is not related to a video game, but you can think it is.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
JadenKale wrote:The most classic motherly sayings heard in any household: "Close the Door! Do you think you were born in a barn?" Enjoy guys!!!

(oh and if the baby looks familiar, yes, it's basically the same baby from my test tube entry)

Cute one! That and the famous "Because I said so!"... my all-time faves, hehehe.

thewarrior

Re: Mother's Power

now this is interesting, to which I really like. I feel it could of been better if you add a tasteful chest on the women but of course you would risk rejection with the wooters.
Good job and good luck

Webfoot08

Zenne wrote:Little red riding hood becomes a mother, and faces the ultimate daytime show question - who's the father?

Next on Jerry Springer! Too funny. Great shirt.

thewarrior

Re: Yet another Mom tattoo

This is a design my mom would wear, esp since she hates the fact I have so many tats
Was this whole design created by you? it looks really familar

thewarrior

Re: True Dedication to Mom

There are a couple similar designs like this already, I do like this one better than the other ones

Chugaboy

Re: I got a PHD!

Off topic. Good luck *giggles*

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

My wife just pointed out that not everyone will notice that the two 'M' letters in the design are actually two people holding hands. So my description above might have been a bit too clever. 8^)

thewarrior

Re: Mother Symbol

what is with the buttery croissant Chinese/ Japanese symbols ...no to be mean but if you want to actually compete you have to step up / add more to the design

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Webfoot08 wrote:Cute one! That and the famous "Because I said so!"... my all-time faves, hehehe.

'because I said so!' would have been so fun to do if it had a paradoxical design to go with it. I just couldn't go on this week without trying a text one. Even if I don't care to use text in the designs, I wanted to try one. I feel the lack of serif helps the text stand out (plus I made it all caps for an easier flow)

Webfoot08

monkeypye wrote:My mom does wear combat boots!

she uses them for traction to help new born calfs find a nursing mother.

She "nudges" th

ROFL! Apparently monkeypye's mom nudges something.

Still a good looking design, although quite simple.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

I think it would be the best thing ever to have this shirt printed. Quite possibly the best design I've seen in my short time on woot.

Carpe shirtem!

thewarrior

Re: Her Motherly Nature

now if the object of the derby is to design a shirt for mothers day that mom would wear then this is the winner hands down, great job!

koolguy24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koolguy24
Re: Thanking Mom for Raising Me

2nd time submitting a design, hope you guys like it!

Chugaboy

Re: Baby Carrots Need Love Too

I don't know why.. but I think I'd wear the dead weasels out of this shirt. Cute!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Her Motherly Nature

I'm pulling for the cubist one, but this one has my vote too. I'm not a mother, but I would still wear it simply because the artwork is whimsical and pretty. I like the color of the shirt, also. Not enough yellow shirts printed around here.

Carpe shirtem!

Chugaboy

Re: Defend The Motherland.

nooooo you got it all wrong! You should do it backwards/mirror imaged. Like this http://www.scaryideas.com/print/6803/

Chugaboy

Re: Mum's the Word

got mine in! good luck!

Chugaboy

Re: Mother Ship

good luck with the use of gradient

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
Re: Mom's Been Busy

Nice. what do you call this again, though?

Chugaboy

Re: Mother Earth (resub brown)

It's kinda creepy, but touching. Looks like a possible boss in Silent Hill. GMV

JadenKale

Re: Mother Earth (resub brown)

you may not want to make her body/roots black. It's incredibly difficult to see on Brown. It basically looks like you've dropped something on your shirt. Perhaps a tan color or a lighter green. Your dark green color will probably suffer the same fate since it's also so dark.

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr
Re: Mum's the Word

beautiful

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
TheNewOriginals wrote:Nice. what do you call this again, though?

It's a Fibonacci Sequence. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34...

JadenKale

mylee712 wrote:Hey there you, I just realized that we both have jellyfish in our designs! Pretty neat, huh?!

That would make 3, Mylee. I did Jellyfish this week as well. (Box Jellyfish, mind you, but jellyfish just the same)

And I knew about the seahorse thing a long time ago... back when I wanted to be a marine biologist while living in RI. Kinda hard to study that out here in the middle of Wisconsin though.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
furaeon wrote:Oops, here.

http://fusionanomaly.net/faithnomoreeasy.jpg

Thanks for your input and pic of humping rhinos. That's a great EP! I actually have mine signed by Mike "Puffy" Bordin. It's no secret that he and Mike Patton never really got along, and the only thing he would sign was something that didn't have Patton's picture on it

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
moerahim wrote:R U kidding me? This is soooooo tasteless.

I agree. It's not something to joke about.

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan

Oh man, she's holding the bat like a girl...the thumb should be visible.

JadenKale

Re: A Face Only A Mother Could Have

Hey, not to be picky, but was the mouth line suppose to come out past the edge of the face? Just asking if it was an artistic choice or a mistake that wasn't spotted.

terriejc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terriejc
Bryan818 wrote:way to bite my style...

I like your ducks better than the entry....

Take It Back, Now that's just overpriced
The Best Thing Since, Dissipate
Cool Breeze x2, GI Metro
Autumn Breeze, Decomposition

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33

so it's just a threat is it? .... that's crystal clear. i dare say that those items were actually used and it is a bit naive to think otherwise

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: Mom's Apple Pie

Great job, I personally love the colors, and its not gender specific in the least. Very well done.