daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
GravityJMB wrote:Rejected because apostrophe.

Awesome.

Heehe... it looks like the rejectinator accidentally hit the ' key when going for the enter key. If the whole text is selected when you do that it'll erase the text and replace it with an apostrophe. I've been clumsy enough to do that, unfortunately.

If I had to guess what the actual rejection was, I'd say it would be "off topic." It could probably be corrected by making it: "I'll wear what I wan1, Mom!"

kar131313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kar131313

So cute!!

mylee712

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylee712
JadenKale wrote:That would make 3, Mylee. I did Jellyfish this week as well. (Box Jellyfish, mind you, but jellyfish just the same)

And I knew about the seahorse thing a long time ago... back when I wanted to be a marine biologist while living in RI. Kinda hard to study that out here in the middle of Wisconsin though.

That's right, JadenKale--we're an awesome jellyfish trifecta! Best of luck to you and your design, by the way!!

gacibula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gacibula

Leave it to the woot community to ban a perfectly good shirt...

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Story Time

deliciously cute and twisted at once. Sokowa, you have a wonderful gift for designing things I want. thank you!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

kar131313

I'd get one for everyone on the housekeeping staff here at work. They'd love it.

daedalusknight

klswoot wrote:Last one for this derby. Didn't finish in time for the Friday opening bell.

This design was inspired by the lyrics "Lady Madonna, baby at the breast ..."from the Beatles Song "Lady Madonna" and by John Collier's famous painting "Lady Godiva" c. 1897. I thought the combination of the two "ladies" made for a nice, compassionate design about the bond between a mother and her newborn.

Cool! I love it when I can recognize the art world inspiration for a design before the designer explains it to me. :-)

asyrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asyrith

I really, really love this.

mia3mom

Re: Lady Madonna

another gorgeous design! Wow. I love the idea of the madonna inspiration without overt religious symbols, so those of us who are not religious can still enjoy the beauty of the design.

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

Creepy!!

tonkadammit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonkadammit
Re: world's greatest mom

please be nice, this is my first one

mcr2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcr2020
Re: Hell Hath No Fury

Love it. You GMV!

mia3mom

Re: My Mom Forgets Things

heh. I resemble the mom in this shirt! I go through the list of names (kids, cat, dogs) and finally end up with, "whichever child you are"

I teased my grandmother mercilessly about this when I was younger. Clearly, my karma came back to bite me.

mia3mom

Re: Message in the Sand

oh, it looks so much better using the brown for the shells - it was pretty before, but this has a little extra something. well done!

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
Re: Mama Bear

Looks just like my mom. Except for the big ears and chest hair. (I hope)

ryry0666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryry0666
Re: Bless You

Should've drawn boogers.

BorisL12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BorisL12
Re: Bless You

shoulds re-sub w/out the text.

mia3mom

Re: Smokin' Hot Mom (resub)

love it even more without the words. she's awesome.

If you don't win, I'd check about cover art submissions for novels - I could totally see this on a mystery. (After the 60 days, of course)

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero
Re: There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

Zenne, hope to see more of your artwork in future derbies! This is cute.

mia3mom

Re: Mum's the Word

another nice one, shan! I'm not usually a flower person, nor a big design person, but this is very well done. Nice choice of cream, too - the cranberry didn't pop as much.

mylee712

Re: But I love them anyway

When I saw the design on the mainpage, it looked too chunky to me. I imagined the image was large and smack-dab in the middle of the shirt. But when I opened the thumbnail and saw the whole design and placement--Wow! It's chunky, yes, but so very delicate too! Beautiful and balanced design! GMV :-)

mia3mom

Re: Egg Baby Trauma

I keep coming back to this shirt. At first it didn't capture my interest, but now you've gmv. it's definitely twisted enough for me. I've got an inner vegetarian that is squicked out, but my outer dark humor wants it badly.

And, *phew* the kid with the anaphylactic egg allergy has gone home. I was getting twitchy about eggs while he was here overnight! Our own allergies are enough for me to handle, thanks!

kar131313

I love, love LOVE this one!!

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
2thFairy wrote:Would you wear this as a shirt?? puh-leeaaassee!

Its used so at least no one will pee on it again.

returnofconky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages returnofconky
Re: MAMAAA!!! (on olive)

Looks a little better on olive, but could still do without the text. Love the idea, and love those adorable lil' acorns.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Lady Madonna

Very imaginative and creative!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
eHalcyon wrote:Not sure how you could eleganty cut off the wrist.

Yay cookies!

I thought they were potatos.

Carpe shirtem!

Webfoot08

Very cute and appealing - was there a Tim Burton-ish inspiration for this one? I love his stuff, too.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
kjmendoza wrote:I agree with previous poster that the design is too large on the shirt. Having said that, I think it's beautiful and evocative and the shading is fantastic. If you don't make it into the fog, you should definitely submit this design elsewhere.

Also, maybe only one color in the echo shadow instead of two.

Good luck

thank you very much =D. I will consider reworking the placement and colors slightly and resubbing if i have time (finals right now). Thank you for the suggestions!

mylee712

suzyottomatic wrote:My reply to the last post, where it was suggested that the last jellyfish drag a doll. It was implied by my husband, that he would not be interested with that addition.

With a teddy, the design can tip into cute--and "cute" is good and has done well before with wooters. But without the teddy, the design remains more understated and subtle. And I've thought about it, considered resubmitting, but came to the realization that I'm more interested in the simple and subtle with this one. Thanks to jmseifer for the thought, though! :-)

ign22401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ign22401
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13871]Adam

(From Wikipedia):

Mitochondrial Eve (mt-mrca) is the name given by researchers to the woman who is defined as the matrilineal most recent common ancestor (MRCA) for all currently living humans. Passed down from mothers to offspring for over a hundred thousand years, her mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is now found in all living humans: every mtDNA in every living person is derived from hers.

Her "partner" was included to complete the concept.

Next time you synthesize ATP, be sure to give your mum a call and say "thanks".

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
mia3mom wrote:another nice one, shan! I'm not usually a flower person, nor a big design person, but this is very well done. Nice choice of cream, too - the cranberry didn't pop as much.

Thanks Same here, but my MOM actually suggested I do a "mum" shirt. I had a nice picture of one so I thought why not! I'm glad you said that about the cream, I've been having second thoughts but I really thought I'd wear the cream shirt more than the cranberry version.

mia3mom

Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

wow, kls, 2 in the top 10? congrats!

Wish I could buy this on a card for Mother's day. I'm glad it's getting voting love, at least!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

I dont like any of the shirts and I dont particularly like this one. However, due to my dislike of the shirts, I will use my vote for this one since breast cancer runs in my family. Best of luck.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Lots of Hugs!

I've been trying to leave a comment for the last two days and have been getting a server error.

geleon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geleon
Graye wrote:Rejections are very sparse over the weekend.. hence many entries like this get added on sat/sun because they know it will probably stick around until Monday.

Friday afternoon and Monday are normally the big rejection days.

Since a lot of people think it's a joke, I wanted to respond. Don't throw your babies away. Just don't. I was lucky to get past the IUD my mom had in, and all of the adopted kids that get to live because their moms didn't throw them away, They're lucky too... So Vote for it damnit!~ G

Webfoot08

Re: Mum's the Word

Simple, pretty, suitable for wear around town, won't offend your mother or monster-in-law, quite a good design, I must say. Would look spiffy with matching pink shorts in summer. I like it!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: Lots of Hugs!

Okay, appears to be working now. As I've been trying to say, another fantastic JadenKale design. GMV. As for Nessie, everytime I wear it, I get lots of compliemts. And the best part; people know it's the Loch Ness Monster. They don't mistake it for some random dinosaur. I would love to run into another Nessie wearer here in the Dallas area (the same suburb even as the "WOOT factory"). Hmmm, I wonder if Woot gives tours...
So far, on this derby the only ones I've voted for are this one and the Baby Carrots one. I'm not real thrilled with some of the designs, and I generally like the cutie patootie stuff.
Okay, let's all show JadenKale's jellyfish some love.

dmagestro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmagestro
Re: world's greatest mom

Love it, especially in liu of the shark attacks. Those sharks are mad!

daedalusknight

kylemittskus wrote:I dont like any of the shirts and I dont particularly like this one. However, due to my dislike of the shirts, I will use my vote for this one since breast cancer runs in my family. Best of luck.

uhm... thank you? :-)