jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

This template is pro!! Brilliant travis, works really nicely as a shirt. +++

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Story Time

I like it a lot. I really like how you made the light shining off of everything.
-Andy

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

This is all sorts of frakking wild Kstein. You got a great eye for this stuff, awesome +++

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

O.M.G.

Awesome.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Lady Madonna

Great Job KLS. This is very different from a lot of your designs.
-Andy

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
ommers74 wrote:It took me like an hour before I figured this out. I thought it was a very dark mass-suicide until I realized the title was " If all your friends", and then I realized there was a bridge, and then I put two and two together, and then I got it.
And I liked it.
Until then I was a little disturbed that motherhood made you think of suicide.
I'm such a dilweed.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It was the subtlety that I particularly liked about this shirt. I don't know if this will do well outside the US, since I am not sure that the expression is as prevalent elsewhere. And there are cultures where individuality is not as important as it is in the States. Another reason I like this.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
designminion wrote:I find it horribly sad that this got rejected on the basis that its a resub, yet Tgentry's design is still 1 out of the fog when the only difference between its original and this one is a curler and mom on the coffee mug? What about Cho's design that won this week? I don't mind resubs THAT much, but if a beatiful design like this gets rejected on the basis of resub, why aren't the others?

TGentry also redid some colors and a bunch of the linework too. Which may be too subtle for the majority to see, but whatever. This one had no changes to it whatsoever that I could see. Unfortunately. I liked it in the original derby.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eHalcyon wrote:Lady Godiva. I didn't even know it from art, just from random Engineering lore at my university. XP

kls, how did you master so many different styles? Makes me wish I had gone into art instead of engineering.

*giggles* Thanks EHalcyon! I'm a master of nothing, but a dreamer and a dabbler of everything.

Thanks Andy! Keeping you guessing.

CapnSky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CapnSky
Re: If all your friends...

*giggles*, this is hilarious XD

Nice job!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
jamescho84 wrote:This is all sorts of frakking wild Kstein. You got a great eye for this stuff, awesome +++

Saw the frakking in the reply. Too funny!

Thanks James! I appreciate it! Maybe it's too much for a tshirt? I like it.

invisiblecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisiblecrazy
afb264 wrote:I'm not saying it should be realistic. I mean, really, do bears wear curlers? :P
I just think giving it more curlers would clear up the gender neutrality thing going on here. It's okay from close up, but from far away, it still looks like a dude.

I like the single curler, myself--it's a great touch. Maybe it would clear up the confusion if the curler were one of those MASSIVE pink ones like you'd wear if trying to get all of your bangs into one single fat curlover.

The details are great--at first when I saw the thumbnail I thought, "great, another resub" but when I looked at the full image, the added details really made it. I didn't vote for this the last time around, but it GMV this time--although I wish the shirt color was lighter (ME??!! What am I saying!) or the bear's robe was a lighter purple--it doesn't really stand out on this color...

Sarcasm makes the person who uses it look ugly.
Hyperbole makes the person who uses it look taller.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Headrow wrote:You're right that yours was better. But woot does say it has to be original art - meaning that it hasn't been done before (I guess that means submitted counts).

while it's true that the IDEA isn't original, the artwork is. other than the concept there's absolutely no resemblance between the 2 styles. what about the various "mom tattoo" shirts? those have been done before as well.

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
Re: Dragonly Love

Cute! Nice design. GMV

tehpwnerer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
SkekTek wrote:He's wearing a woot shirt! Actually, I had an apron on her, but it looked exceedingly dumb, so I made her, yes, lacking of clothes. But she's got fur...

Cute! Nice design!

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Re: One Ugly Motha-

mspaint.exe FTL

Chugaboy

Re: First breath

not sure why.. but I keep coming back to this one.. as if to check in and see how the little guy is doing. Can I vote twice?

kkrflint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkrflint
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

where is the i'd want two or three button?!? seriously this is a great piece of art! very klimt! GMV!!

Chugaboy

Re: Mum's the Word

nooooooooooooooo rejected

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

I'm not one for "cute" shirts, but this one is WONDERFUL! GMV. Great, great work.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Turbotuff wrote:looks like Calvin from Calvin and hobbes

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this. Nice shirt nonetheless.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Re: Mum's the Word

Well that's fabulous. I wonder how many votes I had before it got the axe. I wouldn't consider Mum a pun, it's what many people in the world call their mother, and I really thought this was a design geared toward mothers. Heck my mum even gave me the idea. oh well...man I hate not having an entry in the derby

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
folkkevi wrote:yes, the angle of the text combined with the two cropped edges of the cloth.

Well, I'll admit that once I got it into the computer I was severely limited because I know essentially nothing about photoshop. My 13-year-old nephew helped me get the text in and we did it over the phone (him at his house and me at mine). My husband is busy with his own design (it'll be up shortly).

I actually would have un-squared it a little bit if I had known my way around photoshop, but I wanted to get it in and I didn't want my nephew to do everything (he'll still get a percentage if I get printed, of course).

mjc613

Chugaboy wrote:not sure why.. but I keep coming back to this one.. as if to check in and see how the little guy is doing. Can I vote twice?

If you have 2 accounts.....

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: MIW (MILF in waiting)

Fracking looooser.

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: Lost Turtle

Cute

mjc613

shan24 wrote:Well that's fabulous. I wonder how many votes I had before it got the axe. I wouldn't consider Mum a pun, it's what many people in the world call their mother, and I really thought this was a design geared toward mothers. Heck my mum even gave me the idea. oh well...man I hate not having an entry in the derby

How about taking the design, and turning it into a tromple l'oeil corsage?
Or add a picture of a bottle of champagne and a picture of a mother, and underneath write "Choose your favorite Mum".

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
Re: Good Ol' Ma and Palm

Even palm trees have "malms"

mjc613

Re: MIW (MILF in waiting)

What does this have to do with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front?

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=13870]Armament of Mothers: Guilt

I like the original version better... THe layout makes it more unique.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya

I love it, and the only thing that would make it MORE awesome would be no text. Either way, it's hilarious.

mjc613

klswoot wrote:MJC -

Thanks again!
(Still thinking of something great for a red shirt..... one of these derbies, I promise!)

And thank you, K. Don't get too distracted by the red shirt request. DH Really liked the Chuck Norris shirt, and that is just not your style. (And that's a good thing!)

MOSMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MOSMaster
TamiEggensperger wrote:what is the difference?

Thank you I thought maybe it was me but I don't get it????

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Good Ol' Ma and Palm

Oh give me a break. You're really pushing it. This is totally off theme.

mihalis aya

Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

I love it! As always, rockin' work.

bobbymon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobbymon
snarkygal wrote:Oh give me a break. You're really pushing it. This is totally off theme.

off theme? isnt the theme mothers?

mihalis aya

mia3mom wrote:beautifully done, tgentry. I love your work.

but this one makes me so sad for the chicks. poor little birdies. poor mom having to leave them. sniffle... I may be overly emotional, though.

She's not leaving them, she's carrying them with her! That's less sad and more exhausting, right?

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD
dsladek wrote:I always hand draw my designs first with a pencil on paper and then I ink the pencil work on a new sheet of paper. after that I scan the line art into the computer and live trace it in illustrator. this makes it vector based so that I can make it any size i want without destroying the resolution. once I have the line art in illustrator I export it to flash or photoshop for coloring, flash is nice because it keeps your work vectorized but it can sometimes be weird and change your coloring when you export the file back to illustrator. this design was colored in flash and illustrator.

That's awesome, thanks. I've had trouble using live trace with illustrator for some reason. My resub this week I just redrew the entire thing in illustrator and it came out pretty decent. Never thought about using flash to color the pictures with (i've been using photoshop) but it makes sense to keep the image vector-based. Just really getting into this t-shirt thing and I absolutely love the detail in your designs. Keep the good work coming because I love seeing your submissions. Also, good artwork = good t shirt... keep the faith, even if woot members pass on your designs (because I love them).

mjc613

Re: Encouraging Words

Text as art!!! Excellent!

Marcelo12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcelo12
Re: When Life Hands you Lemons...

This is the funniest design I've seen so far!
Love the execution.
Great design!

mjc613

MOSMaster wrote:Thank you I thought maybe it was me but I don't get it????

There is no difference. It is intended to be funny, just for that reason.