Re: First breath (resub)

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Mother Goose

I'm a fan of your work. Awesome job!

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
cheapojoe wrote:Anyone who hits on the supermom concept gets my vote. Although, I'm still skeptical on the design. Don't know how I feel about a person dreaming about their mom. Still, great idea.

Thanks. This is my second design ever. I went on a trip this weekend so only had about 4 hours to do this. I wish the linework was a bit thicker. The first idea was a kid like writing a happy mother's day card and thought of his mom as a hero, but then I thought the kid sleeping would get more warm fuzzy type feelings instead. It may have been better executed in my head than this way I suppose.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
wreckoning wrote:looks like this was just traced without the yellow and then rotated

Nope, I didn't steal an image off the internet and trace it, this is from my own picture I took just the other day and it took forever to make.

But it's been rejected anyway now because it was deemed off topic.

macntosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macntosh
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

We aren't cat people, but giving you a vote for the cause. Best of luck and be sure to post an image of the check made out to Komen.

makselarts

Re: Mommy Dearest

I still can't trim a rosebush without thinking of this movie.

macntosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macntosh
thedoc00 wrote:Really...

What's the point in having a shirt "in the running" if it's a poor copy of a trademarked logo? This will get removed also.

Come up with something original... Even if it wasn't trademarked, this shirt wouldn't have a chance... The background and everything about the shirt screams "TV Show" and does not stay on the topic of the derby.

Come up with something original.

I was just wondering what "original" shirt was yours?

Like the idea, watching my wife raise two kids puts her as a hero with superpowers in my book.

makselarts

Re: Mother Nature

I like your style of art. very nice!

makselarts

Re: Tea Time

I like your unique style. Very nice!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
yeeter wrote:BEST DESIGN HERE. And SO in line with what I expected the theme to be...Hope you win.

arylkin wrote:This is absolutely stunning!!! I really hope it gets printed.

Thanks Yeeter and arylkin. I was trying to do something that fit the Motherhood theme without too much mom and baby.

iByron wrote:I don't really care for the explanation as it's just too involved to have to think about. Plus some other feelings I won't write here as I'm sure people will care less about them than the first one.

However, it's a kick-a work of art -- reminds me a bit of Elliot Hubbard -- that really stands on its own without the explanation. Thus, I give it my vote.

Good job!

Hey IByron! Nice to see you on shirt.woot. Glad you like the design. I thought the explanation helped people see what was going on with the design. But, I know what you mean. You don't have to understand art to know if you like it or not. Heck....I read the descriptions for a lot of Dali's works and I'm still confused.

Thanks for the newest votes everybody!

stargrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stargrey
AttilaTheMom wrote:must... have... this... shirt..........

hope.....it......loses......again........

I have no personal squabble with either gentry or cho, but I'm so sick of seeing the same designs getting resubmitted all the time. It's almost as if every time w00t comes up with some buttery croissant-ass theme, all the "good" designers resubmit something that lost because they know it'll be the best of the rest. Pretty weak. You two have great design skills, but now it's beginning to look like you have very little originality. Too bad I can't draw, because even *I* have had original ideas with each Derby.

--
170+ w00ts, 6 or 7 Bags a la Crap (but who's counting), 100% attitude.
(This signature brought to you by the I-Don't-Wanna'-Have-A-Bunch-Of-Pics-In-My-Sig Society.)

klswoot

wooterer wrote:I think it would be really hard to ride right after giving birth... Just my 2c

*giggles*! I thought about putting her side saddle which would have been more inline with the lore of Lady Godiva. Maybe the new mom would have been more comfortable.

Thanks for the laugh wooterer!

klswoot

Re: Her Motherly Nature

Thanks for the newest comments on this one. I haven't seen it in the hotness for a long time. So, I'm starting to worry.

But, I haven't seen any fogged entries in the hotness. Did woot change the hotness to only non-fogged entries? I know many people have been requesting it.

makselarts

Re: Can you tell the difference?

I love the term alien spawn cute idea!

sozoones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sozoones
Re: Smokin' Hot Mom (resub)

I like it without the words better. hope it gets lots more votes!!

jshin31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jshin31
Re: Unconditional Love

the ugly duckling! genius!

makselarts

When calves are born the mother whale gently guides it to the surface for it's first breath of air. This is a resub with a little more detail then the first entry. Hope you enjoy it!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
dsladek wrote:Im sorry but I just like the text I think it grounds the design and strengthens the idea. Im thinking about getting rid of the other one. any objections?

i agree.. i like it better with the text and think people would be less likely to have to explain the shirt. Great job.

klswoot

sparklzk27 wrote:thanks again everyone for the votes and comments! I hope it can hang in there and stay in the fog, after all dragons love to hide in the fog and catch unsuspecting knights!

Sparklzk! Your entry is my daughter's favorite. (She's almost 4 and very discriminating in her art choices. ) She's not always kind to the derby entries, so it's fun to hear her express what she likes in her derby favorites.

Congratulations on getting to the fog! It'll provide a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
thedoc00 wrote:Really...

What's the point in having a shirt "in the running" if it's a poor copy of a trademarked logo? This will get removed also.

Come up with something original... Even if it wasn't trademarked, this shirt wouldn't have a chance... The background and everything about the shirt screams "TV Show" and does not stay on the topic of the derby.

Come up with something original.

This shirt has everything to do with the topic. And as far as being original, many shirts in the derby are based on or inspired by something. A shirt based on a video game won the derby before last, why not a TV show?

klswoot

jbedwar1 wrote:i agree.. i like it better with the text and think people would be less likely to have to explain the shirt. Great job.

Dsladek- You have 24 hours from the time you submitted a design to remove it. In your case, you may be splitting votes by submitting two versions of the same design. If I were you, I'd keep the first one (with the text). This is how you envisioned the design and I think you should stick with your gut instinct. It's doing well with the voters too.

Good luck. Great work!

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
dsladek wrote:really? Does anyone else feel the same? I like the text but I will resub it without the text if you guys want, let me know what you think.

I absolutely love this. I would wear it with or without the text, but as a mother, I like the text better because it makes a clear (and funny!) statement. Someone who is not a mother might prefer it without the text. Posting it both ways was a good idea and it will be fun to see which one prevails. I hope one of them makes it to the top three!

tonkadammit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonkadammit
Chugaboy wrote:so does the red on the little guy mean he's getting eaten?

its red because most people wouldn't know that fish bleed a green color in the water, red is easier for them to associate with...so yup it red cause momma shark's eatin him.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Eroticdonkey wrote:This is, by far, the best shirt entered for this derby, but knowing woot, that's exactly why it won't make it.

thanks for the praise, it is appreciated! this is only my 3rd entry in the derbies so it would be amazing to actually win. still it's done better than my previous 2 combined and i'm pretty happy about that.

elohssa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elohssa

elohssa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elohssa
Re: Lizard Bird

But that's a daddy bird...

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: baby has your eyes!

heh. nice use of aliens! I love the eyes, and even though I've said things along those lines about my babies (though not about their eyes), I think this is a wonderfully quirky take on those comments. Thanks for making me grin, red!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

whyskurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyskurs
Re: Mother Nature

Well, damn. I'm actually working on something like this, since my other entry bombed. Well, WAS working. No point now. My god, this is beautiful, and the level of detail is amazing. GMV.

Fuzzycjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuzzycjo
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

The text absolutely detracts.. that's the first thing i thought.. other than that, I love this shirt!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
dsladek wrote:Im sorry but I just like the text I think it grounds the design and strengthens the idea. Im thinking about getting rid of the other one. any objections?

no objections, and I completely agree

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Elemental52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elemental52
Re: Dragonly Love

This is a sweet shirt... I would wear it and any guy who wouldn't is just afraid of his sensitive side.... the knight part is what really makes the shirt awesome... It adds that humorous touch thats still cute that many of these "mom" shirts don't have... i applaud your artwork!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

With text. Much better.

The name makes it more understandable. Otherwise it's just some old lady with a thing for barbarian ears. And an inside joke for wooters.

redsoxmk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsoxmk
Re: my mom can beat up your mom

This is sad! Ha, I wanted to buy it.

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
klswoot wrote:Nicely done Bluchez and I love the idea of allowing woot to donate the funds to the ACS. My mom just started chemo two weeks for a rare form of breast-cancer that is agressive and fast-growing. I plan to create paintings on behalf of the ACS as well.

Hope the design does well for you and helps bring awareness to a very special cause.

So sorry to hear about your mom.

svjc0817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svjc0817

hilarious!!!!

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
Re: Lady Madonna

why is she riding a horse naked?

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
Re: Tea Time

I actually like this even though it looks so gross ha ha! I don't know why I like it but i definitely do! Great job!

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

jsinteractive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsinteractive
eHalcyon wrote:From the thumbnail I thought it was Cho's. That's a good thing. =)

I thought the same thing!

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
AdderXYU wrote:If "chuck norris as a housewife" is a perfectly good shirt, I don't want to see the bad ones.

HA HA! That's exactly what I was thinking!

~By Edgar R. Mcherly