ilcarriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilcarriz
Re: llo evolution.

As a biology major, this definitely gmv!

SamoaJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamoaJoe
Re: Resubmit Frenzy!!!

Wow, I was actually just going to make a comment under 9-5 that you may as well resub Calvinball.

Low and behold ... ;-)

VOTE FOR DEREK !!!

Nightmare on Wall Street

Skyler8899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyler8899
Re: please stop devouring my children.

the thumb/wrist section kinda resembles a butt.
...i like the overall concept though

ilcarriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilcarriz
Re: Zombie Mom

I think it would better if you got rid of the words "zombie tattoo" at the top. Seems like unnecessary wordage and sort of takes away from the design. Love the tattoo itself, though!

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Mommy?

WAY too sad!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Drat963 wrote:Does it have mommy issues?

I don't think so. But, I'm beginning to think the artist might.

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
6walnuts wrote:Great. But mom's can't easily wear it with the My on it. But my kids would definitely get this one!!

GMV but I would prefer to lose the MY as well so I could finally get a shirt for my mom.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Resubmit Frenzy!!!

Speaking on behalf of my resub, it was reworked quite a bit from the original and is on topic. This is done regularly and woot has never had a problem with it. I understand your point, but I don't think retooling an entry and giving it one more shot is that bad of a thing.

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Re: Mama Bear

Love it with the detail added.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
CAMMS wrote:While the pink ribbon is prolific, the placement of this one is awesome. Well done!

As for the haters.... one of the huge drawbacks about "socializing" on the internet is the fact that we don't know we are in the midst of some really creepy people sometimes.

Are you kidding? The internet is full of creepy people, and nobody should forget that.

Well done, bluchez, well done.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jamescho84

One of my favorites out of your designs edgar. This is awesome

CAMMS

Re: Statue of Frigg

Very cool!

eHalcyon

Mm... cellular.

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
mollib wrote:This was funny once I opened it and could read the text, but from the thumbnail (and from anywhere further away than 3 feet, probably) it looks like an anti-abortion statement. To me, at least. Don't know if there's someway to incorporate the "no more wire hangers" bigger, so it's more apparent what it's about? Dunno.

I knew what it was from the thumbnail...

The text was an added plus

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33

Your right! Thank you. I'll think about what to do.

jamescho84

Re: Nobodys' child

badass design, great colors. I'd definitely wear this

eHalcyon

Re: Momomomomom! I need money, quick!

This doesn't really work for the derby without the title.

bluchez

Re: Atilla the Hun

Please consult spell check.

TravelingKailey

Re: Mom's Apple Pie

This is GREAT! GMV

CAMMS

Re: Thanks, Mom.

llo, this is SOOO my son!

jamescho84

Re: Mommy?

This one is absolutely awesome. Wish it was a tad smaller, but a great design regardless ++

TravelingKailey

Re: Leaving Home

Love their expressions!

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

Oooh I could wear it and not tell my husband who she is... he would flip out. L O L. It's well done!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
CAMMS wrote:I love this image. I am also one of five children and my mother is battling breast cancer. This is a great shirt and a beautiful way to remember your wonderful mother. You have my vote and best wishes.

BTW, any chance you would consider a different color shirt? :-D

Wow... amazing coincidence. I'm very sorry to hear you and your family have to deal with cancer. I'm very glad you like my shirt and I send my healthiest wishes to your mother.

What color would you like to see? I was originally going to do it on pink, but Woot doesn't offer pink. This color provided (to my eyes anyway) the nicest contrast.

bluchez

I remember people begging you for this back in the spring derby. Great choice of giving the voters what they want and submitting a nice on-topic design.

eHalcyon

klswoot wrote:Celebrate her motherly nature with nature acting motherly. On yellow with bright floral edging.

It's incredible how many different styles you can use, kls.

TravelingKailey

Re: Don't Mess with Mom

I actually lke the concept but wonder about what she's holding...
I think a wooden spoon or a rolling pin would fit with the mom image better... maybe even a nice cast iron frying pan...

eHalcyon

Re: go, super fetus league, fight crime!

My pastor's wife was (mildly) electrocuted while she was carrying her son. We think it gave him super powers.

CAMMS

TravelingKailey

Re: Thanks, Mom.

NICE!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eHalcyon wrote:Not sure how you could eleganty cut off the wrist.

Yay cookies!

Yes. That's a tough decision to make. It looks a little like the hand is floating, but of the three that Edgar submitted, the cookie one is my probably my favorite.

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Turbotuff wrote:GMV but I would prefer to lose the MY as well so I could finally get a shirt for my mom.

Been debating.. I just might submit both with and without

eHalcyon

Re: Teach Me How To Jump Mum

The added detail on the moon really helps it. =)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Thanks Cho and Bluchez. I figured there would be blowback since it's a resub (albeit a pretty heavily modified resub). I've been busting my hump doing original entries for weeks now and don't feel a bit guilty about redoing this one. I look forward to doing another fresh design this afternoon, but for now this will have to do and I'm completely cool with that.

philiph7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages philiph7
rglee129 wrote:In the weird world of seahorses the male births the baby. That also happened to the guy on Oprah.

Regardless, this shirt is on navy.

But the "guy" on oprah still had all "his" female parts and none of the masculine parts. I'm not of the school that believes a "tree ants" reduction is grounds for claiming gender change. Absolutely nothing to do with your shirt, but I was really let down by that oprah episode. I thought I was going to hear about something revolutionary (like when they implanted an embryo in the perineal cavity of a pongid and it attached to the small intestine like it would normally attach to the uterine wall.) But, unlike that day on oprah, this shirt is certainly a novel addition to the derby.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
klswoot wrote: My mom just started chemo two weeks for a rare form of breast-cancer that is agressive and fast-growing.

Oh man... that's horrible. I didn't realize that so many of us shirt designers had to face or are now facing cancer in their families. My heart goes out to you, KLS. You can see my own cancer story on my shirt's page.

bluchez

Chugaboy wrote:Been debating.. I just might submit both with and without

I think it would be appropriate for people to wear about their mom without the my, so I would think resubbing without (and thus adding the mom crowd) and pulling this one would work for everyone. .02

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
bluchez wrote:I don't think so. But, I'm beginning to think the artist might.

i usually give derek's stuff a chance but this is a buttery croissant retaliation

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
tgentry wrote:Speaking on behalf of my resub, it was reworked quite a bit from the original and is on topic. This is done regularly and woot has never had a problem with it. I understand your point, but I don't think retooling an entry and giving it one more shot is that bad of a thing.

I realize you tweaked your design, it's still instantly recongnizable though. I have a problem with top designers who have won multiple times on woot taking designs that have already proven popular and using that as leverage in the derby. It's hard enough for the rest of us as it is to break in to the 'winner's circle' without certain people having the added advantage of a week of free advertising.

The worst part is that I know you guys can be creative and draw. Why take the lazy way out and cheat someone else out of a win?

Check out my blog:Here!

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
bluchez wrote:I think it would be appropriate for people to wear about their mom without the my, so I would think resubbing without (and thus adding the mom crowd) and pulling this one would work for everyone. .02

Mom in white or red? Thoughts anyone?