ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
austin1031 wrote:Nice t-shirt! This is actually a true story, though. A tiger had children who died, so she became depressed. The zoo keepers dressed up some piggys and... HOORAY! The mom wasn't depressed any more.

That story is apparently an urban legend, but you can see a video of the story on You Tube.

mazi94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazi94
geleon wrote:Since a lot of people think it's a joke, I wanted to respond. Don't throw your babies away. Just don't. I was lucky to get past the IUD my mom had in, and all of the adopted kids that get to live because their moms didn't throw them away, They're lucky too... So Vote for it damnit!~ G

you all suck ass.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jodiehuie wrote:Wow! I thought this design was the essence of the topic. Beautiful, too.

Hmm... I guess they're looking for stuff that's really very much about motherhood and not just mothers. But then there are quite a few others around (including my own) that I think should be considered off topic as well. I guess it's subjective, so it just depends on what Joel thinks.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

awesome artwork

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd

[this is just wrong sauce. llo

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
Re: Dragonly Love

cool!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

ilstu99

Re: Famous Moms

I'm certain that the Marge Simpson image is copyrighted.

rngo219

Re: Your Eggo Is Preggo

that is awesome!

click! =P

rngo219

Re: Teach Me How To Jump Mum

cute

click! =P

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Meowbot 3000

Woot needs a rule against this "Click for full view" in the thumbnail. I think most of us have figured out that concept by now.

That being said, this is a great design. Although heavily random, I enjoy it. It's nice to see a great design on a lemon (?) t-shirt.

edgarrmcherly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgarrmcherly
Re: Modern Avian Motherhood

Sometimes I see something and it makes me really want to draw and paint and live live live. That's how this design makes me feel. It's Wonderful! You and the other talented designers here keep this place from looking like it is populated solely by frauds like me. I saw you asking how to improve this one; I hope you get precisely crummy goddamn advice and you listen to not a single bit of it, because I think this design is wildly perfect and shouldn't be altered even at all. I’d say “s-word!” about it not doing so hot vote-wise, but it’s better this way. It’s like watching a ship sink just as the sun sets in the background, and while you look on from the safety of your life boat, you see the final portion of the ship catch the flimsy light in the most breathtaking and heart rending way. But you couldn’t have it last for more than that solitary moment, because the tremor of beauty that runs through the scene relies exactly on the brevity of that instant. Hooray for everything about this design, I’m fascinated by it!

rngo219

Re: Egg Baby Trauma

awesomeee

click! =P

ScrambledCake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScrambledCake
Re: Bust of Frigg

very nice.. i like the style.

rngo219

Re: Mom Spit - all purpose cleaner

llo nice

click! =P

ilstu99

Re: Mother Nature

That makes me sad. This shirt is beautiful. Apparently you need to put a baby stuck on her somewhere, or a bear of some kind or something.

zrosemore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zrosemore
Re: Pregnant?

I like the idea for the shirt, but the font choice is about as bad as I've ever seen on this site.

OWT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OWT
Re: Mama Bear

Wow, I am really surprised at all the whinging in this thread! So what if it's a re-sub? It hasn't won in the past and no one is forcing you to vote for it if you don't like it.... so what's the big deal? How is it less original just because you've seen it once before? If the shoe fits...

Re-reading a good book doesn't make it less original. Neither should a re-submitted design be discounted just because you've already registered it in your brain cells once before. And for those griping about how the changes are 'scything' the potential buyers... isn't that what the voting system is in place to judge? not you. Let the system do the work of deciding what is sellable and what isn't instead of shooting down a design before all the votes are in. I think this shirt is great and would love to buy it for my mother.

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
sentnl wrote:Looks a lot like this shirt I have:

http://www.merchdirect.net/TakingBackSunday/Tshirts/Safari_TShirt?productid=6193

hmm.. I don't think so

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
Re: Time-Outs (Resub)

Man... At least now I know the reason I spent like a month of my life facing the wall...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
eHalcyon wrote:Hmm... I guess they're looking for stuff that's really very much about motherhood and not just mothers. But then there are quite a few others around (including my own) that I think should be considered off topic as well. I guess it's subjective, so it just depends on what Joel thinks.

I always prepare myself for rejections, so I'm not too burnt up. =) There's always been and always will be, from the designer's standpoint, "unfair rejections". One really unfair one what comes to mind is the "text" cat in the no-text winter derby. But my point is, I had it in the back of my head that off-topic might befall this design.. so i just patiently wait to see the theme Thursday, and hope I create something that I am proud of, and that others like. =) Thanks for the comments.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

OWT

Re: llo evolution.

I love amoebas so much... no joke. This is great! Wonderful for real mothers and those of us yet to have kids. =)

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882
Re: Meowbot 3000

Aw, I wish this had been posted earlier! I really like it, and I still need a lemon shirt.

OWT

Re: Story Time

I think this is really adorable! Morbid cuteness is just my cup of tea!

AnnaHaecherl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnnaHaecherl

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
ilstu99 wrote:That makes me sad. This shirt is beautiful. Apparently you need to put a baby stuck on her somewhere, or a bear of some kind or something.

jodiehuie wrote:Wow! I thought this design was the essence of the topic. Beautiful, too.

shan24 wrote:Wow ELS I feel your pain I can't believe Mother Nature is off topic. I must not be feelin this theme and I AM a mother. hmmm

Thanks for your comments guys, as disappointed as I am.. I prepared for this rejection, so I'm just eager for Thursday to come. =) It helps to know you guys are behind my design. Thank you. =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
iris420 wrote:I totally dig it. GMV.

Thanks Iris! Nice to see it getting some love.

dragungundam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragungundam
Re: Mama Bear

YESSSSSSSSSS

mgober

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgober
Re: Thanks, Mom.

This is a shirt that a mom would actually wear on mother's day! Hope you win!!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Am I adopted?

lmfao. stupid pigsssss :D

lisita318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisita318

Very cute! I thought the saying was "...raised in a barn," though. *shrug*

findingthefourth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages findingthefourth
Re: Am I adopted?

I love this design! Great job!

Dynamo418

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dynamo418

Logged in just to vote this up... fantastic work

manncarol

quality posts: 5 Private Messages manncarol
bafudg wrote:Why did this get rejected? There is no reason. Have you not ever heard, "Are you pregnate or did you swallow a watermenon?' Doctors and friends have said this to my sister when she was pregnant and also to my wife now that she is pregnant.

Maybe the problem is that it is hard to tell that these are watermelons or that the one on the right is preggers...maybe work on the art and resubmit? I'm sure it would make a great Mom-to-be Day shirt!

AgentSnoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AgentSnoop

Heh, nice design!

findingthefourth

Re: Dragonly Love

I had this idea too! Not dragons... but similar. I'm new at this and I was too slow to figure out all of the formatting specifics so you beat me! Great design!

AgentSnoop

Nice, so true!

changwatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages changwatch
Re: Her Motherly Nature

ah, I tawt I taw a klswoot design. you have my vote.
I save your "taking flight" shirt for my days off. I would wear it to work, but I don't want to muck it up. it's one of my favorites, woot or otherwise.
just wanted to tell you. I'll always vote klswoot!

I have purchased some shirts on shirt.woot.

findingthefourth

Re: Mom Spit - all purpose cleaner

Also... a highly effective hair mousse... from my experience. Nice work.

AgentSnoop

interesting concept, and nicely drawn.

Terribliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terribliz
Re: Welfare-Motherhood

rofl. emazing.