jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
edgarrmcherly wrote:the tremor of beauty that runs through the scene relies exactly on the brevity of that instant

i couldn't have said it any better, now i'm getting all sniffly.

bduboftexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bduboftexas
eHalcyon wrote:Wait, you actually said "smelled of elderberries" ? Way to preempt the woot filters. You know, those filters are there FOR A REASON. Now you're just using the normally humourous replacement words as your own insults. This is how profanities become profanities! I'd say you have a dirty mouth, but you're typing. You have dirty hands. Your mother should wash your hands out with soap. Yeah, I said it. Want to make something of it?

goosiedragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goosiedragon
ilstu99 wrote:I'm certain that the Marge Simpson image is copyrighted.

hey, please don't tattle on me though. i'm never gonna win one of these anyway because my shirts never look professional enough (and i don't have pirates or robots or anything). i think it's just fun to try. and i'm sure i'll get rejected eventually anyway

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
Re: A Mother's Heart

great job! i was trying to do a heart shape with mine, but couldn't get it right. lovely design.

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: Mom Defeats Boogie Man

I like the look of it... neat twist on a retro look

However how hard would it be to have it look like mom's walking away from the boogie man? That might make it look more like she defeated him rather than looking like they're walking up on him already lying on the ground...

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
ilstu99 wrote:I love the statement, and it made me smile. Can I ask what he's doing with his hands? Should I never let my son go to the corner?

Isn't he reading a book? About good behavior?

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Queen Bee

heh, it seems we both had similar ideas. My Bee Entry

good luck on yours

milbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milbourne
folkkevi wrote:heh, it seems we both had similar ideas. My Bee Entry

good luck on yours

*giggles*...that's funny. The honey cone...Nice touch.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
mjc613 wrote:Thanks for bringing this back, artulo!!! It's still got my love.

You're welcome! Unfortunately it's suffering from resubitis, in which most resubs don't do nearly as well as they previously did.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
andrewlb wrote:I'm glad to see an edgar shirt up in the standings but I am a little sad it is this one, his other designs have so much going on, and not that I don't appreciate simplicity, this design is not overall complex, moreso the idea is good

I think the simplicity is why the voters are accepting it. It could also be the blue palette he used instead of his regular green/yellow/white scheme.

Jewdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jewdave
mjc613 wrote:Isn't he reading a book? About good behavior?

I like to think he snuck a game-boy back there...

-------------------------------------
40 x Shirt.Woot!
10 x Woot!
12 x Crap!
1 x Kids.Woot!
1 x Sport.Woot!
1 x Wine.Woot!
-------------------------------------

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
folkkevi wrote:I like the concept alot, but the placement feels awkward and unincorporated.

Would it be better if she was peering out of a pocket, complete with pocket protector? I could put painted nailed hands on the pocket... could be like "I've got a geek mom in my pocket"

goldenfalcon19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldenfalcon19

I thought it was pretty obvious, and I like it.

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
Re: ATTILA THE MOM

Oh my god <3 thats -awesome-

QuigglyPhD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuigglyPhD
joelterrific wrote:I can see what you mean, but I need an image to reference.

Everyone assumes this is Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes. I use public domain images for models to my art and am not intentionally copying Bill Watterson.
But I'm sure someone will post this image because I just looked it up

Do what you want. My picture isn't going to win anyways so it doesn't really matter other than just being really discouraging

evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord
Re: Mom- expert juggler

I like this concept a lot, but wish she were juggling a baby instead of the bottle and pacifier. I could pretend that the bottle has pumped milk in it and ignore the pacifier, but a baby flying through the air would just be awesome.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: If all your friends...

This would be perfect as a poster. :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

evitafjord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evitafjord
SkekTek wrote:This was a challenge for me- trying to make a realistic person. I might do an alternate design of a more frayed woman, that's an idea. I did like that this mom makes juggling all that stuff look easy. The wife always seems to be so totally calm when all heck is breaking loose... Thanks for the idea and comments!

I agree with your portrayal of the making-it-look-easy mom - whether or not that's how I really appear, that's how I like to think I appear :-P

tearose3e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tearose3e
Re: Two of Mom's Favorite Things

My mom would love it!

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: Mama Bear

Cute! The purples look great onscreen. Will they show up well on an asphalt background? I have Eating Healthy (even though it's been claimed and spirited off by one of my teenagers ) and hope this prints as well as that one. I know someone who would love this.

RaineGryphon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RaineGryphon
Re: First breath

The shirt's uber awesome...except I hate white shirts. Shame...shoulda put it on light blue or something.

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
TravelingKailey wrote:I like the look of it... neat twist on a retro look

However how hard would it be to have it look like mom's walking away from the boogie man? That might make it look more like she defeated him rather than looking like they're walking up on him already lying on the ground...

thanks for the feedback. i like your idea. not sure i'll get around to resubbing, but i appreciate the comment.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Her Motherly Nature

Thanks for all the new comments and votes! I appreciate it.

This one really needs your vote if it's going to stay in the top 4. Haven't seen it in the hotness, so it might be struggling. If you like it and would buy it for someone you know, please vote for it. Thank you!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Computing for two

Thanks to everyone that's voted on my shirt so far. I tried to keep it gender neutral.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Mom Spit - all purpose cleaner

This should be fogged by tonight I think, and well deserved.

mikethecoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikethecoder
Re: Queen Bee

Nice work... I like this design a lot. I like the choice of grey for the background as well... nice against the yellow bees.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Little Red Motherhood

Zenne, you tickly my insides. Hilarity!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

edgarrmcherly wrote:Sometimes I see something and it makes me really want to draw and paint and live live live. That's how this design makes me feel. It's Wonderful! You and the other talented designers here keep this place from looking like it is populated solely by frauds like me. I saw you asking how to improve this one; I hope you get precisely crummy goddamn advice and you listen to not a single bit of it, because I think this design is wildly perfect and shouldn't be altered even at all. I’d say “s-word!” about it not doing so hot vote-wise, but it’s better this way. It’s like watching a ship sink just as the sun sets in the background, and while you look on from the safety of your life boat, you see the final portion of the ship catch the flimsy light in the most breathtaking and heart rending way. But you couldn’t have it last for more than that solitary moment, because the tremor of beauty that runs through the scene relies exactly on the brevity of that instant. Hooray for everything about this design, I’m fascinated by it!

Thank you Edgar. I'm glad some appreciated it. It means a lot coming from a great artist who rarely comments.

WootCole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootCole

I like your design a lot, I'd totally wear this shirt. People should stop linking other shirts that may or may not share some of the same features. If it's an obvious direct copyright, that's ok but seems like people are just trying to take away from your art. :/

WootCole

derekorr11 wrote:i love it

I always thought it went OM NOM NOM, but nice shirt none the less. ;)

hasmikka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hasmikka

I love this design! Perhaps a lighter color would show off the details better though.

WootCole

folkkevi wrote:The drones only hang around new queens, they have nothing to do with a fertilized queen that is already producing offspring.

I just know I like honey. Go bees go!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
WootCole wrote:I just know I like honey. Go bees go!

*giggles*, thanks.

ktessa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktessa
mjc613 wrote:I really like this ktessa. I have one question: what is the third thing being held? I see the heart and the lunch bag; can't tell what the other thing is? (a 1st aid kit?)

That third thing is just a box of band-aids, but I'm happy it came across as first-aid kit, too (at least that was close). It's my first entry - thanks so much for giving me a vote!

stephaniewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephaniewoot
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Wow, thats pretty powerful.
I hope your shirt wins :]

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
WootCole wrote:I like your design a lot, I'd totally wear this shirt. People should stop linking other shirts that may or may not share some of the same features. If it's an obvious direct copyright, that's ok but seems like people are just trying to take away from your art. :/

Thanks! The above comments about "I think your shirt is a ripoff of x or y" is pretty much par for the course at any shirt site. You'll see the same stuff at Threadless or anywhere else where the public at large is invited to share their views. I do agree that if a design is a really a direct copy of another, it should be brought to the attention of the site's moderating team. Sometimes the comments get carried away, though.

boxingmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boxingmom
OWT wrote:I think this is really adorable! Morbid cuteness is just my cup of tea!

I've got to have this one !! It's every thing I love. Great work!!!!

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD

[private thought]That's really quite beautiful[/private thought]

*cough* EWW TOO SOFT!!! *eye twinkle*

llo 4 real tho.. this is really nice

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: My Name is_Worlds Awesomest Mom!

awesomest is not a word

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
Re: Smokin' Hot Mom (resub)