redcoulter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcoulter
mia3mom wrote:I love your style, red! This is so cute, and so wearable, too - like your turtle/hare shirt last week.

My daughters and I all love this design - I hope you can enter a design earlier in the next derby, 'cos i think it will go far.

Glad you like it Mia. I would like to put up some work faster, but I like to take a little more time and get my design polished up. I see plenty of designs going up after me that have more votes anyway :-)

I suggested to woot that the entries should be uploaded starting later, like Sunday Midnight. That way people can think and work over the weekend.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
redcoulter wrote:I suggested to woot that the entries should be uploaded starting later, like Sunday Midnight. That way people can think and work over the weekend.

Yeah, I'd be much happier if I had more time to design and draw. I always feel so rushed when trying to get an entry in.

ruthsdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ruthsdad
Re: Nobodys' child

Radiomode has mad skills. However, keep in mind that I voted for this design, which means that it probably won't finish in the top 3. I don't vote for kitties and penguins and tripe.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

This is from one of my favorite poems. Lovely thought behind the design.

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skilfully,mysteriously) her first rose

or if your wish be to close me,i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody,not even the rain, has such small hands

e.e. cummings

daedalusknight

ruthsdad wrote:I don't vote for kitties and penguins and tripe.

Who posted a shirt with cow stomach on it? :-)

(Yes... I'm kidding. I know what sense of the word you meant. :-)

Perque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Perque
Re: Oh thanks honey..no really I love it!

I think you should put the title on it, instead of the lousy t-shirt remark

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Bursting With Love

I'm having a bad week - vote for this design please.

Mom

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

hmmxkrazee wrote:Beautiful design. It breaks my heart to see you push out great designs every week but not get the success you deserve. I hope you're doing stuff on other t-shirt sites because shirt.woot is very uh.. random in the shirts that win (both derby and regular day shirts).

Thanks hmmxkrazee. I've had more than my share of success here. Even with my recent string of near misses I can't complain. Woot's been good to me.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
lowtoast wrote:My girlfriend loves this shirt!

Thanks! I hope you voted on her behalf.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Nobodys' child

This one really is awesome. If I attempted a style like this it'll end up all messy and jumbled and some horrific yellow that no one would want to wear. I would definitely buy this if given the chance.

cookofthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Ovulating? My Goodness! this is sooo cute, and for a good cause. It better win because I will DEFINITELY buy it...I just LOVE it!!!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
daedalusknight wrote:Yeah, I'd be much happier if I had more time to design and draw. I always feel so rushed when trying to get an entry in.

I concur! This was brought up when Joel was requesting ideas to further shirt.woot. Derek seemed to get his wish when he posted a petition to get Honourable Mentions, perhaps posting this petition would work too? I know a lot of people who would be interested in more time.

Red: I voted for this design last night, but neglected to leave a comment letting you know that your designs aways blow me away. It refreshing to see lines that are a different colour than black. I know I'm severly guilty of doing that, but that's why I can appreciate non-black to colour lines in. Wonderful.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Thanks, Mom.

That comma makes it "mom" saying thanks to someone else. Silly error.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
Re: Mama Bear

I'm hoping for this one to see a small surge in popularity. It suits me well.

daedalusknight

cookofthesea wrote:Ovulating? My Goodness! this is sooo cute, and for a good cause. It better win because I will DEFINITELY buy it...I just LOVE it!!!

Thanks so much for your support. I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure if it'll win... there are a few shirts up and coming that could bump mine out of the top three... I really hope it makes it, though.

daedalusknight

eyeslikesugar wrote:I concur! This was brought up when Joel was requesting ideas to further shirt.woot. Derek seemed to get his wish when he posted a petition to get Honourable Mentions, perhaps posting this petition would work too? I know a lot of people who would be interested in more time.

Or, as an alternate way of making things easy on us, they could announce the derby theme a couple of days earlier. That way they wouldn't have to change the rest of their schedule but we would still have more time to design.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
daedalusknight wrote:Or, as an alternate way of making things easy on us, they could announce the derby theme a couple of days earlier. That way they wouldn't have to change the rest of their schedule but we would still have more time to design.

If they announced the theme on Wednesday, when they no longer take submissions for the previous week's theme, that would give designers 2 days to work on submissions, and wouldn't alter the Derby schedule.

I have a feeling that since it isn't broken, it wouldn't be fixed.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

eyeslikesugar

daedalusknight wrote:Or, as an alternate way of making things easy on us, they could announce the derby theme a couple of days earlier. That way they wouldn't have to change the rest of their schedule but we would still have more time to design.

Either way, I like more time! =D

NCSUCasey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NCSUCasey
Re: Mother Earth

I really really like this design. I don't understand why its not doing well though. If you could see the entirety of the design in the thumbnail on the main page I think it might get more votes. I like it on white but maybe others would have voted if it was on the ever-popular gray.

richpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpowell
folkkevi wrote:the image is not large enough for me to tell, but it looks like the black might be a gradient. something woot has a record of not printing.

Nope, not a gradient, a very random half-tone. I use it on shirts all de time. Shouldn't be a problem (like it's got a chance of going to print!)

eyeslikesugar

mia3mom wrote:If they announced the theme on Wednesday, when they no longer take submissions for the previous week's theme, that would give designers 2 days to work on submissions, and wouldn't alter the Derby schedule.

I have a feeling that since it isn't broken, it wouldn't be fixed.

You might be right about that...I can see the Woot people being resistant about such a big change, but I can't help but thinking... the derby wasn't hurting for honourable mentions, yet woot did it anyway.

daedalusknight

eyeslikesugar wrote:You might be right about that...I can see the Woot people being resistant about such a big change, but I can't help but thinking... the derby wasn't hurting for honourable mentions, yet woot did it anyway.

Well we could give it a shot. I'm pretty sure it would lead to better quality shirts (an advantage for Woot) so perhaps we can get up a petition and send it off to Joel.

Headrow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Headrow
johnnybw00t wrote:I agree 100%. This is by far the best design in this derby (which is saying something as I designed one) and i have no clue how it is not in the fog. Definitely got my vote and I hope it wins so I can buy one.

Thanks to those of you who have wanted this on a t-shirt. I want it as a poster or painting in our kid's bedroom. I've been thinking about trying to make a website where he can sell his stuff that doesn't sell here, but until we get that going, we'll both have entries probably every week we can think of something for the derby.

I speak for Dirtius Maximus because I'm his wife. And because this was my idea, after all. He's very obviously the artist of the family though.

So thanks for your support. It's great to see other people like his work as much as I do.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

Hooray! We need more Kiwis!

mrmatt1012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmatt1012
Re: Mom Spit - all purpose cleaner

why was this one rejected? this was the best one!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: Meowbot 3000

you are spectacular and probably a most benevolent and sexy person regardless of your gender!

daedalusknight

jimiyo wrote:you are spectacular and probably a most benevolent and sexy person regardless of your gender!

Heheh. You have such a way with words, Jimiyo. :-)

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33
hellomaru wrote:I hope woot doesn't only like cuteness, because that will get tired fast... Also, there's been a lot of talk of having shirts with more gender neutral illustrations/greater appeal for more folks. This shirt is smart, clever, and well designed. I hope you can resubmit with slight modifications. I'd definitely buy it.... Woot reconsider!

Thanks!, but I don't think any version of this theme is going to be ok with woot. I've visited this site for several months, bought a few shirts and looked at the submissions for the different derbies. It does seem like most of the highest vote getters definitely had ample amounts of cute. Not all of course but definitely enough of them to establish a pattern. I certainly agree with you but I guess they want what they want.

jerkyperk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerkyperk

I would absolutely buy this shirt if it were offered. This is the funniest one i think i have ever seen here.

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100

Wow 50 someodd votes an no comments l o l well ill b the first...Very good i like the desine

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Mom is Cuckoo

Vote for unconditional.. blind.. stupid.. love....

pinkdeath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkdeath

wow, this is extremely tasteless. this is more of something from a drop-out brother than a mother.

mkeian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkeian

More of a mother's warning to her son. She only wants the best!

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman
Re: Sluts aren't Tight

I am an un-original person.

Mothmonsterman

Re: My moms the best!

Reminds of Shin Chan for some reason.

Mothmonsterman

Re: Watermelon Momma Ver 2

One of the strangest shirt I have ever seen.

Mothmonsterman

Re: Watermelon Momma Ver 2

One of the strangest shirts I have ever seen.

Mothmonsterman

Re: Thanks Mom!

oh lawdy. Why even submit this?

ATho1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ATho1100

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Re: Love, Gaia

I'll say it. It looks like a penis. There. Right there.