l o l ...what is that ???

PLZZ Vote!!

mkeian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkeian

This from an ATHF character. ;)

It's a pun.

arclamp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arclamp

Check the reason given at the top (with URLish goodness). Apparently there's already a product sold under the trademark MomSpit. Who'da thunk?

I first thought it was because of the vaguely familiar-looking 1950s-style clip art mother image used in the design.

Chugaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chugaboy
Re: Where is little humphry?

47? Why only 47 Vote people!

milbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milbourne
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

Love the design. Go the ANZACs!!

NinjaChloe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NinjaChloe
Re: If all your friends...

Great shirt idea! This is a neat way to illustrate it too. I love the way you made the other kids flailing through the air. I like that it simply looks like a "cool t-shirt" from a distance, then you look closer to see that it's funny and very creative too!

NinjaChloe

Re: Am I adopted?

Great job on the design- the tiger looks awesome and the colors are nice.

Perfect!

milbourne

Re: Rhino Mom Loves Baby Rhino

Mate this is a really sweet design. I would buy one. Let me know.

milbourne

Re: Kanga mom

Love the Kanga! Nice Job

milbourne

Re: Tea Time

Nice illustration. I love the boldness of it.

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Our first mother

Very nice use of color.

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
Re: Feeding

offensive? o.O

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
Re: Sluts aren't Tight

Gee, how classy.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: I dont want to go to bed dragon

Hi there, fellow designer.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your shirt is going to be rejected by Woot. But have no fear, you can still fix things and re-submit. Here's what I see that needs correction:

--Woot won't print on both the front AND back of the shirt. You can pick one or the other.
--Woot can't print within one inch of the seams, including the shoulder
--Woot doesn't allow gradients/halftones, like in your moon there.

There's still time to fix your shirt. Please click the red "X" above your entry to delete it and then re-submit a corrected version. That way you can still be in the contest. Good luck to you!

lbjerus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbjerus

This is soooooooooooooooooo funny!!! I love it!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I think I need some help understanding this one. It looks like a suicide jump. Not really feeling the motherhood theme with this one. Is the idea that because others are doing it, he won't because he had a talk with his mom?

If it was my mom...she'd say "Jump!" And we'd all say "How High?"

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Nobodys' child

Go, man, go - to the fog!

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99
klswoot wrote:I think I need some help understanding this one. It looks like a suicide jump. Not really feeling the motherhood theme with this one. Is the idea that because others are doing it, he won't because he had a talk with his mom?

"But mooooooooooommmmmm, ALL of the kids ride their skateboards down the center of the street!!!!'

"If ALL of your friends jumped off of a bridge, would you???"

NinjaChloe

klswoot wrote:I think I need some help understanding this one. It looks like a suicide jump. Not really feeling the motherhood theme with this one. Is the idea that because others are doing it, he won't because he had a talk with his mom?

"If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump too??!" -mom

Stuntdummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stuntdummy
hmmxkrazee wrote:Great idea! Hard to tell the silhouettes are supposed to be mothers.. more Rocker-ish but neat nonetheless.

The rocker look is kinda the point.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

it's really interesting to see how different mom expressions can be! Even for people in the same age bracket. Hunh. I'm not the designer, but I've been giggling about this design.

Anyhow, when I wanted a pair of Nike sneakers because "all my friends had it", my mom would say, "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump off, too?" And of course I'd say no, and then I wouldn't get the sneakers, or an extended curfew, or whatever else.

(I'm also going to decide that the bridge jumpers swim to safety, they aren't suicidal jumpers, but that's my optimistic nature)

I've personally been able to tell my kids "don't run with scissors!" quite a few times, and just last week I got to say "don't play with matches" when some matches had spilled out onto the floor of our van. Then they were jumping off big rocks on Friday, but not bridges. yet...

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Sluts aren't Tight

and now to wait for the rejection hammer.

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
mkeian wrote:This from an ATHF character. ;)

It's a pun.

It is still not even close to being appropriate. This should not just be rejected but removed as well.

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan

Would it pass muster as "Mom's Spit"?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mia3mom wrote:it's really interesting to see how different mom expressions can be! Even for people in the same age bracket. Hunh. I'm not the designer, but I've been giggling about this design.

Anyhow, when I wanted a pair of Nike sneakers because "all my friends had it", my mom would say, "If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump off, too?" And of course I'd say no, and then I wouldn't get the sneakers, or an extended curfew, or whatever else.

(I'm also going to decide that the bridge jumpers swim to safety, they aren't suicidal jumpers, but that's my optimistic nature)

I've personally been able to tell my kids "don't run with scissors!" quite a few times, and just last week I got to say "don't play with matches" when some matches had spilled out onto the floor of our van. Then they were jumping off big rocks on Friday, but not bridges. yet...

I honestly can't recall my mom using this phrase. But, I didn't know the "raised in the barn" one that Jaden referenced either.

I DEFINITELY know the don't run with scissors and don't play with matches expressions! So far, I've only had to use the former with my daughter.

You're right...I think it depends on how familiar you are with the phrase.

daedalusknight

wootvan wrote:Would it pass muster as "Mom's Spit"?

My guess would be no, given that it's close to an actual product name. It would be like calling some soda "Pepsi's Cola"... that would get rejected as well.

Kinda late in the derby to try again anyway. Oh well.

friderspog1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages friderspog1
Nobody57 wrote:WHAT?!??!?!? offensive?!?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?! even a "nursing mother" will wear this....whats ur point woot?!?!?!

I agree. I breast fed both of my kids and do not think that breast feeding is offensive. I think this is the cutest shirt in this derby. Woot needs to look at the fact that breast feeding is a natural thing and not an offensive thing. I hope that they have rooms for their breast feeding mothers to go to while they are at work. I am very upset with the person that rejected this design, it perpetuates the stigma against breast feeding mothers.

redsox59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsox59

I've been watching this all week hoping it gets printed.

WonderWooter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages WonderWooter
Re: Lady Madonna

I find it funny that the lady is naked but the horse is totally covered up. Like reverse modesty. hee hee

good work on this one. though riding a horse naked doesn't sound very comfortable

Don't be sexist. Broads hate that.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Re: Mother Nature

What in the blue HELL? How on EARTH did this get rejected? Obviously the mod that rejected it is blind and didn't see the clear face and theme going on here.

Disgusting. I was very skeptical about any "corruption" or whatnot before, but this clear double-standard really makes me rethink that.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

recchiap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recchiap
daedalusknight wrote:When drawing animals it's very tempting to just follow the outline an animal creates in a photo or painting, but to make really convincing forms it's important to know the animal inside and out. Start with a sketch of the skeleton... nothing detailed, just a few lines to indicate where the main bones (spine, arms, legs, etc.) are resting. Then draw loose ovals around the bones to flesh out the muscles and fat. Lastly the skin and fur overlaying the ovals will provide the final shape the animal takes.

Hope that helps!

That does definitely help, thanks a ton! I definitely just followed the outline of the polar bears. Thank you for your advice

daedalusknight

WonderWooter wrote:I find it funny that the lady is naked but the horse is totally covered up. Like reverse modesty. hee hee

good work on this one. though riding a horse naked doesn't sound very comfortable

Maybe she's got a skin toned bodysuit on.

Nah, okay... she's starkers. :-)

daedalusknight

recchiap wrote:That does definitely help, thanks a ton! I definitely just followed the outline of the polar bears. Thank you for your advice

You're welcome. Anyone else need any advice while I've got the artist mojo going? :-)

doogfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doogfood
Jesta384 wrote:kanji is the term for japanese characters....that they stole from the chinese years ago. the Chinese were writing on tortise shells thousands of years before the japanese.

No offense, but its a historical fact.

Surely the Japanese kanji originated from Chinese characters but I don't think "stole" is the right word to use. China introduced written language to Japan, not the Japanese stealing it from China. I'm sorry but I found your comment somewhat discriminating.

bluedaisy925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluedaisy925

I NEVER comment on these shirts but I had to sign in to post about this one. What is offensive is the fact that this shirt was rejected. Some of the garbage that gets through.. but oh no, better not talk about breastfeeding. I am very angry now, woot. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go sit in the middle of the food court at the mall & nurse my baby.

Rfisher986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rfisher986
Re: Deal With It

Awesome shirt.

daedalusknight

Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Uh oh.... kittens in danger here. Looks like we've got a new entry into the fog and it's gaining votes quickly, according to the hotness. If these cute little kitties are going to make it to print this week, they're going to need all the help they can get!

Thanks to all the wonderful people who have supported my design so far. Thanks to everyone who has shared their stories of family, of friends, and of struggles with cancer. I really hope this week doesn't end with frustration for all you nice folks. Kittens for the cure! :-)

I'd also like to thank all the people who have been donating to the cancer charity link I posted above (at least I think people have... I don't know for sure). You may not get a shirt out of the deal, but you're making a difference in the lives of people everywhere. Thanks so much for taking the time to think of this worthy cause.

AnnaHaecherl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnnaHaecherl
Re: Nobodys' child

YES! In the fog! Love the monocle.

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: Perpetual Motherood

Perpetual Motherhood

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
milbourne wrote:Love the Kanga! Nice Job

thanks! It's too bad not many others are voting for it though. oh well, as long as I dont get rejected