wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: Perpetual Motherood

Also know as "Circle of Life"

RyGuy02043

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyGuy02043
redsox59 wrote:I've been watching this all week hoping it gets printed.

I second that

naterobnana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana
Terribliz wrote:Only real complaint is that the text looks kinda small...people might not get it until they're really close.

I agree with the complaint about the small text size. However, I have heard that phrase so many times in my life I'm surprised I didn't bunge jump in defiance!

naterobnana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naterobnana

I can see many Grandmas, Moms and Grandchildren wearing this at the Botanical Garden on Mother's Day. I bet it could be marketed there and be more successful than you could imagine.

jedicreeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedicreeper
Re: Feeding

I don't think it was rejected because it depicts breastfeeding.. but rather HOW it depicts it. woot tends to reject things that line up intentionally with a woman's breasts.. go back and look at many past rejectees.. from the pasties last derby, to the 2 nuclear reactors a few derbies ago.. if it was just a portrait of a mother breast feeding, I doubt there would be an issue.. many of the shirts offered have designs that could be said to represent that sort of bond. this one just hits too many weird buttons, I think. heck, when i first saw it, I felt like the kid was being tortured.. it's just hanging in space, desperately trying to feed.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: My moms the best!

Is this the design that jimiyo posted in the derby thread without colour? If so, he should probably get some props.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: Nobodys' child

ruthsdad wrote:Radiomode has mad skills. However, keep in mind that I voted for this design, which means that it probably won't finish in the top 3. I don't vote for kitties and penguins and tripe.

same sentiments: really like this design's execution/theme & i share the same voting criteria. glad to see it finally made it to the fog. hope it continues to climb. wow, low numbers this week re: votes. assuming it's the theme, or 400 voters went on vacation, or are studying for finals (l o l).

the designs i like typically end up placing 4th - 6th, too. hopefully, honorable mentions aren't just to keep the good designs/designers in limbo while awaiting a second chance to print either here or somewhere else after the 60 days.

P.S. - the bird with LIPS is hilarious

magicelso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicelso
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

I don't know what ANZACS are but I love Kiwis. I bet there are more Kiwi entries next week. Dey is be so sweetz!

Thanks for the encouraging votes. Over 30 my first day...I'll take that any time.

Thanks again y'allz

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Yikes... something's wrong with the site? I can't see my shirt comp or my design detail while looking at my shirt's page. Can anyone else see them?

EDIT: Nevermind... it's back again... whew!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
naterobnana wrote:I can see many Grandmas, Moms and Grandchildren wearing this at the Botanical Garden on Mother's Day. I bet it could be marketed there and be more successful than you could imagine.

Thanks Nate! Not a bad idea! Garden, Flowers and Brunch....all perfect for Mother's Day!

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
friderspog1 wrote:I agree. I breast fed both of my kids and do not think that breast feeding is offensive. I think this is the cutest shirt in this derby. Woot needs to look at the fact that breast feeding is a natural thing and not an offensive thing. I hope that they have rooms for their breast feeding mothers to go to while they are at work. I am very upset with the person that rejected this design, it perpetuates the stigma against breast feeding mothers.

heyy thanks for the comment. i totally agree with u on the factt hat its not offensive at all.. well i guess thats just the woots people point of view and sadly their words r more powerful then ours llo

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej

There's something about this that makes me really like it...i just dont know what it is...

eHalcyon

dea007 wrote:Personally, I have no problem with the resub, although I was a bigger fan of the first one. My biggest problem with this is the chest hair. For me, chest hair doesn't equal mom! ;)

Bears have hair. Except for Fuzzy Wuzzy.

rngo219

bluedaisy925 wrote:I NEVER comment on these shirts but I had to sign in to post about this one. What is offensive is the fact that this shirt was rejected. Some of the garbage that gets through.. but oh no, better not talk about breastfeeding. I am very angry now, woot. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to go sit in the middle of the food court at the mall & nurse my baby.

hey! just want to say thanks for the comment. i dont see how my tshirt design was offensive too but i guess thats just our point of view and sadly woots point of view is more powerful then ours llo. and also its awesome how my shirt design encouraged u enough to sign on and comment me llo i gotta say that this is one of the best comments i have ever got =P. thanks again

click! =P

rngo219

altec812 wrote:As a nursing mother... I would so wear this shirt. It is sooo awesome. Great Job!!!

thanks for the comment! but sadly my design got rejected because its "offensive"

click! =P

yoshi9769

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshi9769
tallworm wrote:It is still not even close to being appropriate. This should not just be rejected but removed as well.

I like the shirt, i think if others dont like it dont vote!

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando
Re: Resubmit frenzy!!1!! (V 3.0)

I havent wanted a shirt on woot as much as this one, ever. Thanks for bringing up bad memories of waiting up at night to be incredibly disappointed

eHalcyon

daedalusknight wrote:My guess would be no, given that it's close to an actual product name. It would be like calling some soda "Pepsi's Cola"... that would get rejected as well.

Kinda late in the derby to try again anyway. Oh well.

They could try synonyms. Mom Saliva. Doesn't have the same ring to it though.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

I would have loved to see this one on the purple with gold foil, but I think it is still cool. Great job.

bafudg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bafudg

Why is this one even questionable. It was submitted even after a fish one that showed the same thing. Big Momma Fish with too many babies . She is cleary stressed.

bafudg

Re: Too Many Gray Whites

Why is this even Questionable. Big momma fish has too many babies. There is worse designs on here that make no sense and are kept up. Why do my designs continue to get rejected back to back?

bafudg

Re: Too Many Gray Whites

What if I add a Title that says "Big Momma Fish" or "Too many basses to feed".? Would that blow the idea out there?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
yoshi9769 wrote:I like the shirt, i think if others dont like it dont vote!

This is not a matter of like or dislike.

This is not outwardly about mothers or motherhood, so it will be rejected. Now it could be said that this is advice from a mother, but the shirt does not show it directly.

This shirt has language that woot will probably not consider PG-13. Their definition is much more stringent that the one by the MPAA. And finally, since this is offensive, it is outside of what woot considers acceptable. Check the rules on "what is woot".

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
eHalcyon wrote:They could try synonyms. Mom Saliva. Doesn't have the same ring to it though.

Heheh... Yeah, I don't think that would work quite as well.

mjc613

Re: Mother Cover

6 people want to wear a bird's butt on their chest. It must be a slow day.

mjc613

aerodino wrote:I'm having a bad week - vote for this design please.

Mom

OK Mom. Can I have the keys to the BMW?

mjc613

bafudg wrote:What if I add a Title that says "Big Momma Fish" or "Too many basses to feed".? Would that blow the idea out there?

Send a PM to superspryte in the morning to get advice on how to resubmit this. You will have to change more than the title, but I do not know what else.

I will say this: An average fish has lots of babies, and then goes away. They don't raise them like mammals do. But if you want to go with the idea of a Momma Fish, you might want to add more "kid fish" to the design.

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
Re: Perpetual Motherood

This reminds of the life cycle of Aphids. I studied aphids for Insect Physiology in grad school. got a diploma 'n ever'thing.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

mjc613

Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

ANZAC=Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, but sometimes used generically for Aussie and Kiwi soldiers
Kiwis are another name for New Zealanders.

mjc613

Re: Mom makes the best cookies

You need to fix this entry, so that the shirt and the thumbnail have the same background color. What you have right now is grounds for rejection. Hurry!!!!

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

Yay! now in the top 4
I must thank everyone for this...

JohnQ118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118
fillengroovy wrote:HERE, HERE!

I want CALVINBALL. I don't CARE the topic.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

erish911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erish911
Re: Welfare-Motherhood

damn, i so woulda bought this....

mjc613

ilstu99 wrote:I agree. I love the colors, and that it can be taken a couple of ways, which allows anyone to wear it. I made a couple of my bio-geek friends look at it, and it received lots of llo's. It's just...very clever, without being overly cutsie or necessary to explain.

Can you make your bio-geek friends vote for it? Please?

yoshi9769

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshi9769
mjc613 wrote:This is not a matter of like or dislike.

This is not outwardly about mothers or motherhood, so it will be rejected. Now it could be said that this is advice from a mother, but the shirt does not show it directly.

This shirt has language that woot will probably not consider PG-13. Their definition is much more stringent that the one by the MPAA. And finally, since this is offensive, it is outside of what woot considers acceptable. Check the rules on "what is woot".

Agree. I guess it is more appropriate for something other than woot. But if it is such a big deal why hasn’t it been rejected then? Never mind don’t answer that, i dont care.

Back to woot!

BTW: Sluts Aren’t Tight.

END

mrrrralicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrrrralicious
Re: Microscopic Motherhood: Skipping the Fun Part

Despite the thematic similarity to a currently fogged design, I had been contemplating a biological take on this derby since Thursday. Unfortunately, finals have resulted in a painfully late submission. Nevertheless, I hope you like it

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
JohnQ118 wrote:I want CALVINBALL. I don't CARE the topic.

Calvinball has been on sale for months now. If you wanted it so much, you should have paid attention to the updates in sigs, the calvinball thread, the fact that derek links a shop in his sig, and has talked of using bountee, as well as any number of clues that have been dropped over that span of time.

mjc613

daedalusknight wrote:Uh oh.... kittens in danger here. Looks like we've got a new entry into the fog and it's gaining votes quickly, according to the hotness. If these cute little kitties are going to make it to print this week, they're going to need all the help they can get!

Thanks to all the wonderful people who have supported my design so far. Thanks to everyone who has shared their stories of family, of friends, and of struggles with cancer. I really hope this week doesn't end with frustration for all you nice folks. Kittens for the cure! :-)

I'd also like to thank all the people who have been donating to the cancer charity link I posted above (at least I think people have... I don't know for sure). You may not get a shirt out of the deal, but you're making a difference in the lives of people everywhere. Thanks so much for taking the time to think of this worthy cause.

Felicity the cat has given her stamp of approval for this shirt

ianthemighty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianthemighty

This is a black shirt?

mazi94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazi94
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Worst........design.........ever!