skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: Nobodys' child

I really liked this from the first day it went up. So glad to see it finally reached the fog. Hope it stays.

agentfivefive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentfivefive
zekecatz wrote:Very nice use of color.

I appreciate it

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Mom's Greatest Hits

All of mom's best words of wisdom came in groups of three...

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
Re: Bamboo Eating 101

This rejection seems bogus to me... "not a 'significant' change"?? It's changed more than threacherous waters was!
The woot staff's got consistency problems, but I'm done complaining about it.
For reals this time. Love my mom, but looking forward to the next derby.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

sailstud25

mazi94 wrote:Worst........design.........ever!

Worst..........post...........ever!

(thought I'd make my 200th post a good one. riiiiight...)
Doh, stoopid forum wasn't updating right, and guess this was my 201st. Oh well.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!

richpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpowell
Re: Mother Goose

I'm going to play the devil's advocate on this one. It sort of gives me the creeps.
There's that un...pie...and the look on Humpty's face (acid?) ...and the back end of the cow. Obviously, the drawing is excellent and it's very well executed but the color scheme and those elements give me an icky feeling somewhere in my soul.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
friderspog1 wrote:I agree. I breast fed both of my kids and do not think that breast feeding is offensive. I think this is the cutest shirt in this derby. Woot needs to look at the fact that breast feeding is a natural thing and not an offensive thing. I hope that they have rooms for their breast feeding mothers to go to while they are at work. I am very upset with the person that rejected this design, it perpetuates the stigma against breast feeding mothers.

While I completely agree that breastfeeding isn't offensive, I am not sure that the Rejectionator rejected because of the cute baby breastfeeding. I think they rejected for the nipple without a baby.

If someone used a creme shirt, and put a baby on one side and then did something so it looked like the other side was covered (a spit-up towel over the shoulder? looking like the shirt is scrunched around the baby? a second baby?), I don't think it would be rejected.

But I could be just being optimistic, as i have breastfed 3 kids and only had a couple negative comments in all that time.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

richpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpowell

Vunderbar!

middlegoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages middlegoat
LesReed wrote:Why did it take me a second to figure out what this was? I like it.

Thanks, this is the first time I have entered a design in the derby, I just found it last week.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: My moms the best!

eHalcyon wrote:Is this the design that jimiyo posted in the derby thread without colour? If so, he should probably get some props.

That's what I was thinking, too, eHalcyon. I wasn't sure when I looked at it last night.

Yep - it's in this entry

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

vdingler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vdingler
Re: Feeding

WOOT, this shirt is NOT offensive. Please, reconsider. I would buy one.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

This is such a change for you Kenney!!! Simple, yet very comprehensive. Nice. I like it.

mjc613

Re: My moms the best!

To be fair, jimiyo did offer it up. It just would have been nicer if Atho gave the provenance.
Jimiyo's Offer and Sketch on Page 4 of the Motherhood Derby thread

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Congratulations on making the fog! This is one of my favorites this derby! I said no more black shirts for me....but I'm going to have to make an exception. Love the whole look and the witty humor!

mjc613

Re: The darkness left behind

I'd really like to know what the designer had in mind.

dodecapus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dodecapus
Re: The darkness left behind

hehe Yeah, I don't get it.

DirtiusMaximus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DirtiusMaximus
Re: Mom likes me best! (creme)

I like the creme. It captures the nostalgia feel better, like the card it was printed on was white, back in the '50s!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
WonderWooter wrote:I find it funny that the lady is naked but the horse is totally covered up. Like reverse modesty. hee hee

good work on this one. though riding a horse naked doesn't sound very comfortable

Hi WonderWooter- Haven't seen you around the forum in awhile.

Loved your comment about reverse modesty. I hadn't thought about that.

I originally drew the design without the cover on the horse. But, I wanted to stay true to Collier's original painting while still having the element of Lady Madonna. So, I kept the cover on the horse and kept her in the buff. True to the spirit of Lady Godiva.

edit: If you look at the original painting, more of her bum is showing. I decided to cover her a bit more with the saddle...didn't know how far I could go and keep it PG for Woot.

cadedude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadedude

Hooray for Bio geek shirts. Why are we so underrepresented? Gamers get literally hundreds of Tees, and even Geology majors have all the "___ Rocks!" designs. But us? Nothing.

Excellent shirt.

kar131313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kar131313
sokowa wrote:Thanks guys
This one won't get printed this time around, but I'll continue to give this style a shot. Maybe someday!

Too bad! I so wanted to have a shirt with this cuddly pair on it. Better luck with your next one, Sokowa.

jandt4ever07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jandt4ever07
mjc613 wrote:I'd really like to know what the designer had in mind.

Could it be the empty feeling some mothers get inside after giving birth?

~By Edgar R. Mcherly

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

I really like this!!

mcrockett16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcrockett16
Re: If all your friends...

Genius! I hope this gets into the top.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
mjc613 wrote:Felicity the cat has given her stamp of approval for this shirt

Heheh... well thank you so much, Felicity. :-)

That's a lovely drawing, MJC. Are you the artist? Makes me wish Woot could print that kind of thing.

daedalusknight

mazi94 wrote:Worst........design.........ever!

Heheh... I didn't want to, but you made me break out the lolcat...

daedalusknight

sailstud25 wrote:Worst..........post...........ever!

(thought I'd make my 200th post a good one. riiiiight...)
Doh, stoopid forum wasn't updating right, and guess this was my 201st. Oh well.

Eh, no worries. And thanks for your support. :-)

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
cleverconveyence wrote:What in the blue HELL? How on EARTH did this get rejected? Obviously the mod that rejected it is blind and didn't see the clear face and theme going on here.

Disgusting. I was very skeptical about any "corruption" or whatnot before, but this clear double-standard really makes me rethink that.

Yeah.. I actually tried to make a new shirt after my (very fair) resubmission rejection. I thought creating another Mother Nature shirt would make Woot happy; you know, taking the original rejection and turning something good around with it..like Cho's "Why can't I fly friend?" Lemons..lemonade. I guess Woot doesn't see it that way. Also, Seattlejo pointed out that the Mother Goose shirt is clearly on-topic.. so why isn't this? That kind of inconsistency kills me. I guess we'll never know. No point getting upset about it, though. Thanks for your comments. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Bad news - they rejected my shirt with the same phrase:

Read it aloud

Also, good design (who doesn't like a rebus?), but Woot can't print gradients or transparencies, so use solid colors, or just turn off pressure sensitive coloring if you're using a tablet.

nzieg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nzieg
Re: Mother Cover

Six people get it so far.

"Guess what?"

"Chicken butt."

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Re: Mom's Apple Pie

in a shameless plea for votes: come on, people! i just need 8 more to break into the triple digits!

AgentSnoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AgentSnoop

Nice idea. However, it just seems like it might be a tad too small though. Maybe not. Good luck though!

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi

Nice idea, but i think the font and position are lacking, doesn't seem as designerly as it could have been.

jesterg86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesterg86
Re: Am I adopted?

Wow. My favorite shirt so far. Wow. Awesome.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jesterg86

Re: MOTHER EARTH

In high school I had a physics teacher, this four foot tall spanish guy, who would say the most ridiculous things. He talked about tests being 'love letters to our brains' and if we got too loud he'd pretend to call the police (at least, I think he was pretending). Anyway, anytime someone used that classic high school comeback "Your mom!" he'd go on this long tangent "You talking about my mommy? My mother, the Earth. Well she is your mother too you know. She is big and round, and..." He was hilarious.

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

jesterg86

Re: Quality Time Resub

Very Far Side. GMV

Schug Estate
Dry Creek
Vampire
Woot Cellars
Roessler

m5rammy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages m5rammy

reminds me of "Mom's Overture by Anita Renfroe"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W95Y8hNQiH8

jamesjad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesjad
folkkevi wrote:Nice idea, but i think the font and position are lacking, doesn't seem as designerly as it could have been.

i agree with this.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1

I'd rather see a pucker.

Artfires

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artfires
Re: Mommy Is Watching

Oh, I Soooooo want this shirt! Very disturbing - perfect!

sailstud25

toe2254 wrote:in a shameless plea for votes: come on, people! i just need 8 more to break into the triple digits!

Just echoing previous people, but your design is so clever and much more fun than I anticipated from the thumbnail. Click on in and vote, folks!