YEAH!

codefish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages codefish
Rfisher986 wrote:Awesome shirt.

Say, thanks!

magicelso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicelso
Re: Kiwi Breakfast For Two

Maybe we can combine forces with Mexico and Canada and call it....
CanAMMexAC's...

But then who would we get to attack next?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Feeding v2

so glad you resubbed! I love this shirt idea.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
mia3mom wrote:so glad you resubbed! I love this shirt idea.

thank u =P tell ur friends llo

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

peachwheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachwheels
Re: WOW MOM...WHATEVER! (resub)

I know the colors are simple, buuuut...vote?

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
daedalusknight wrote:I think this one's really well done. Clever, visually appealing, and it practically begs for a wacky Woot writeup. I've got no idea why it's not getting more votes.

me either, but it's probably the thumbnail. i've tried putting the entire design in the thumbnail before but felt i couldn't see enough detail, ergo the more detailed thumbnail.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: thanks, mom - punnett square style

So it seems that the plate has two dominant traits, and the spoon is a heterozygote. Who knew?

Does that mean that when a spoon mates with a spoon 50% of the offspring are... ladles?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

To all of the people that think this shirt is so great, do you want to see a guy wearing this, or better yet, your teenage daughter?

Breastfeeding is not offensive, but this shirt is just ridiculous.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Also, your shirt comp has a small white stain near the belly button?

Werewulf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Werewulf
Iambusyeating wrote:As promised, an all text entry. At least I'm true to my word .

But SUCH text! I've voted and while I'm pretty sure it's way too late to get this one to the winner's circle, I'll sit around wishing and hoping that I someday get the chance to buy it.

Howls,
Werewulf

Only one BAWK so far, but I just keep trying. The best thing I ever got was from someone else's Bag... thanks Gandalf!

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
Re: Dragonly Love

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the votes and comments! There's only a few days left so please keep voting!

rngo219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rngo219
2thFairy wrote:To all of the people that think this shirt is so great, do you want to see a guy wearing this, or better yet, your teenage daughter?

hey hey be nice. this shirt design can be worn by males or females. dont be saying hurtful things like " its rediculous" and trying to jeopardize my small chances of winning. if u have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all, just that simple.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16053

click! =P

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Her Motherly Nature

Looks like the fogged number is 387 because this one just switched places with Edgar's. I knew it was in fourth given hotness totals, but just wasn't sure of the 'magic' number.

2thFairy

rngo219 wrote:hey hey be nice. this shirt design can be worn by males or females. dont be saying hurtful things like " its rediculous" and trying to jeopardize my small chances of winning. if u have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all, just that simple.

..and you need to get to know Woot a little better.

pgibby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgibby
2thFairy wrote:To all of the people that think this shirt is so great, do you want to see a guy wearing this, or better yet, your teenage daughter?

I think this shirt is hilarious. If you don't like it, don't vote for it, & don't buy it.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
toe2254 wrote:me either, but it's probably the thumbnail. i've tried putting the entire design in the thumbnail before but felt i couldn't see enough detail, ergo the more detailed thumbnail.

Yeah... A thumbnail can really make or break a shirt. I've had that problem myself.

I'm betting this gets picked for an honorable mention, so maybe you'll have a second chance at getting this printed.

piezo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piezo
2thFairy wrote:..and you need to get to know Woot a little better.

take it easy. it's just a t-shirt design. it's fine to not like it and say so but why be so hateful?

Skyler8899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skyler8899
artulo wrote:Move closer to the screen - it's a genetics joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punnett_square

The three smaller dishes and the spoon are their offspring, making the larger dish a mommy.

yea ive taken genetics, i get it...but most people would see spoons and dishes...it just doesn't say motherhood to me.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
ansharp wrote:Also, your shirt comp has a small white stain near the belly button?

ahaha I didn't notice that. it's bonus material, like an extra added feature.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi

woot rejected this shirt because it had to do with breasts.. they always reject shirts about breasts... this is no different, it will get rejected.

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

this is one of the few shirts in the top 10 that deserves to be there, very nicely done.

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek

Psycho? Hmmm.....maybe.

daedalusknight

Re: stuck dragon

Hi there, fellow designer.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your shirt is going to be rejected by Woot. But have no fear, you can still fix things and re-submit. Here's what I see that needs correction:

- Woot can't print within an inch of each of the seams. Your shirt comp makes it look like the design will extend up past the collar line. Imagine there's a rectangle that starts one inch below the collar, one inch above the bottom seam, and one inch inwards from the left and right sleeve. Keep your design inside that rectangle.

- Woot has a maximum image size of 16" by 20" (which is not the whole front of the shirt). You'd want to scale down your image so that it's about this size. Woot includes a handy 16"x20" rectangle on their shirt template that you can use as a guide.

There's still time to fix your shirt. Please click the red "X" above your entry to delete it and then re-submit a corrected version. That way you can still be in the contest. Good luck to you!

daedalusknight

Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Okay... so can someone please explain to me why my shirt comp and design detail keep disappearing? It's been happening on and off all day and it's really irritating. I've asked some other people if they can see the images... some can and some cannot. I'd hate to think I'm losing votes here because people can't see my shirt. Help please?

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
TravelingKailey wrote:Not sure about the designer's sources but I found this link...

http://123celtic-irish-jewelry.com/celticart.asp

It shows that there are many many interpretations... one of which is motherhood when the three spirals surround a central triangle.

That's not so much motherhood as the triumvirate goddess. A number of pagan cultures envisioned their goddesses in triumvirate form, usually in a maiden-mother-crone sequence (the three big parts of a woman's life being the analogy). The mother is only one part of that, and the triskel is not associated specifically with motherhood in any Celtic culture I know of. Today, it's more associated with the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (like the trinity knot) than anything else, I would imagine.

I, too, would love to see a reliable source. I'm usually cool with knotwork--I try to include it in every entry I make, though that doesn't always happen--but the explanation given is not one I've ever heard for this specific squiggly.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
daedalusknight wrote:Okay... so can someone please explain to me why my shirt comp and design detail keep disappearing? It's been happening on and off all day and it's really irritating. I've asked some other people if they can see the images... some can and some cannot. I'd hate to think I'm losing votes here because people can't see my shirt. Help please?

This happened to me too. Still happens when I use Mozilla's SeaMonkey. But, it doesn't happen with Explorer or Mozilla's Firefox. It has to be a change in my settings, but I can't figure it out.

Happens when I use Seamonkey to view Bountee too.

daedalusknight

klswoot wrote:This happened to me too. Still happens when I use Mozilla's SeaMonkey. But, it doesn't happen with Explorer or Mozilla's Firefox. It has to be a change in my settings, but I can't figure it out.

Happens when I use Seamonkey to view Bountee too.

I've tried both Firefox and IE, both seem to be losing the image. I'm not running SeaMonkey. No other shirt image disappears, just mine... and it doesn't leave and stay gone, it leaves and comes back again, even though I'm not changing my settings.

Not sure what to do here.

jidteach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jidteach
Re: Eyes in the back of her head

and a beard, apparently.

5/29/2008 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor
5/9/2008 Mighty Kite Mini-Kite
5/8/2008 Kensington FX 300 Speaker System
3/28/2008 Screaming Monkey with Pink Woot Cape

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
daedalusknight wrote:I've tried both Firefox and IE, both seem to be losing the image. I'm not running SeaMonkey. No other shirt image disappears, just mine... and it doesn't leave and stay gone, it leaves and comes back again, even though I'm not changing my settings.

Not sure what to do here.

I was about to say that it didn't happen to me, but then it did while using Safari and it continued when I switched to Firefox (woot tends to crash my firefox)

have you contacted service@woot.com?

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

jidteach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jidteach
Re: Tough Love

Timmy is a great character. I see him inadvertently getting into all kinds of trouble, from bad relationship choices to... HEY! Timmy, get back here with my laptop!

5/29/2008 Cube Memory 2GB MicroSD Card with SD Adaptor
5/9/2008 Mighty Kite Mini-Kite
5/8/2008 Kensington FX 300 Speaker System
3/28/2008 Screaming Monkey with Pink Woot Cape

brendaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brendaa
Re: Pink Elephant

I'd like this if the baby wasn't pink. The artistic view of the elephants is nice. I don't understand why the baby should be pink...the old pink elephant joke doesn't seem to apply to this derby.

daedalusknight

mia3mom wrote:I was about to say that it didn't happen to me, but then it did while using Safari and it continued when I switched to Firefox (woot tends to crash my firefox)

have you contacted service@woot.com?

Bluchez suggested, earlier today, I send a tattle to get their attention and I did... I'm sending an e-mail right now. Hopefully they'll be able to fix the issue. Thanks for the advice.

brendaa

Re: Rhino Mom Loves Baby Rhino

I really like this a lot, but I'm a little creeped out that their eyes look evil. LOVE the idea, colors, tree, little scavanger bird on the baby, all of it except the creepy eyes.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Tough Love

I need some votes just to make me feel wanted.

brendaa

Re: Chasing Squirrels With Mom

I like this, it's cute!

MorbidEclipse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorbidEclipse

I work with hamsters, and absolutely looove this shirt!

Harbinger of Death

FearTheGorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearTheGorgon
outlawmoogle wrote:Are we voting out of sympathy or quality.

Sympathy. This shirt would not be in the fog without the story attached and the niceness of donating the proceeds to charity. On the one hand that's very noble, but on the other a really great shirt like Edgar's might not get printed because of it. I think this design (alone and without the story) is undeserving and will probably open the floodgates of people fishing for sympathy votes. Designwise all this shirt needs is some puffy paint and a little bedazzling to make it complete. I don't think being purveyors of cutesy cat shirts was what woot had in mind, but that's the derby for you.

FearTheGorgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearTheGorgon
Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Also, has anyone asked yet where the photo of these cats came from?

2thFairy

macntosh wrote:We aren't cat people, but giving you a vote for the cause. Best of luck and be sure to post an image of the check made out to Komen.

Sympathy is nice... but a vote for the cause? Come on, that's what the fundraising is for every other day of the year!