+ Add a Comment

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Maternal Instincts

Brilliant.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
rushblume wrote:This is the Japanese symbol for mother-in-law. But when you're sporting this shirt, you don't have to tell anyone.

Wait... so this is to buy yourself if you're a mother-in-law? Or to buy as a gift for your mother-in-law?

eHalcyon

Re: protective mother

The black won't show up on the brown shirt.

Nice design though. =)

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume
daedalusknight wrote:Wait... so this is to buy yourself if you're a mother-in-law? Or to buy as a gift for your mother-in-law?

You 1) buy it 'cause it's a slick shirt and then 2) walk around, lookin' cooool.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
eyeslikesugar wrote:Disregard guys.. just a little disappointed in myself.

You're looking at it the wrong way. Look at how many designs have less votes than yours. Pulls me through every derby!

yodathefrog28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yodathefrog28
eHalcyon wrote:It's a baseball bat. Made me laugh.

But a frying pan would be excellent, although it might not convey the necessary violence.

I thought about the frying pan, roller...but I wanted to up the ante a little bit.

daedalusknight

HEeh. It does look slick. Unfortunately I meet people every day who could read what it says. :-)

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm
Re: Thanks, Mom.

I am a crust man myself but this is awesome! gmv

rushblume

daedalusknight wrote:HEeh. It does look slick. Unfortunately I meet people every day who could read what it says. :-)

*giggles*! Well, in that case, the symbols mean "Totally Awesome Dude or Chick, Heck Yeah!"

It's an approximate translation.

rushblume

rushblume wrote:*giggles*! Well, in that case, the symbols mean "Totally Awesome Dude or Chick, Heck Yeah!"

*GIGGLES?* I wrote "ha ha" and it turned it into "giggles"? Wow, that's buttery croissant.

daedalusknight

rushblume wrote:*giggles*! Well, in that case, the symbols mean "Totally Awesome Dude or Chick, Heck Yeah!"

Heheh. Super happy funtime shirt?

rushblume

rushblume wrote:*GIGGLES?* I wrote "ha ha" and it turned it into "giggles"? Wow, that's buttery croissant.

And "l a m e" gets turned into buttery croissant? I feel like I'm in alternate lingo t-shirt land.

daedalusknight

rushblume wrote:*GIGGLES?* I wrote "ha ha" and it turned it into "giggles"? Wow, that's buttery croissant.

Ha! You got filtered twice. Buttery croissant. :-)

eHalcyon

Come on now. Woot filters are wonderful. =D

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Coincidence? I think not!

Even our language represents how awesome mothers are!

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264

This is a legit resubmit and it goes well with the theme, but the bear is bit too masculine right now. Maybe if it had a full set of curlers rather than one...

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mother Symbol

You sure about that? Last I knew this was mother: 母

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
eHalcyon wrote:Advertise! And never give up hope.

Thanks =) I hate spamming boards and such with my shirts.. Oh well. =/

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
highgrassfarm wrote:You're looking at it the wrong way. Look at how many designs have less votes than yours. Pulls me through every derby!

Yeah, I suppose it's the glass half-full/half-empty thing.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

rushblume

eHalcyon wrote:Come on now. Woot filters are wonderful. =D

Correction: they're wootacular.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: A Mother's Love Is Understanding

This shirt has a story behind from when i was about nine years old and means alot to me

Please check it out

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
tallworm wrote:Here is my re-sub of Momma Blob. The babies snack was a little too small. I hope you like!

Yummz

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: M.A.N.G.

For all the Geek Moms who want Geek Kids. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

crayzass1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crayzass1
Re: Baby Snacks

My wife and I became parents almost 2 months ago, but 5 days prior our fish gave birth to about 15 babies, who were quickly eatin... yummy.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: Meet the Duckers

way to bite my style...

Please check it out

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Re: Egg Baby Trauma

ROFLMAO!

eHalcyon

superspryte wrote:You sure about that? Last I knew this was mother: 母

I know the first character is correct at least. It's pronounce "ma", actually - and I've usually just seen it used twice in a row.

daedalusknight

Re: Mo-om... he’s squishing me!

Heh... I'm back in eighth place, just like with my eclipse shirt. It's like my unofficial home or something.

Hey folks, wouldn't your mom love a nice kitten shirt for mother's day? :-)

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33

so apparently the famous movie quote itself is offensive. Another post was also rejected that had the mommy dearest title so that it would be clear and it is a no go. They could have specified only warm and fuzzy mom designs allowed. I mean...they had to see this quote coming.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Mother and Child in Chairs

eHalcyon wrote:This shouldn't be on a t-shirt. This should be in an art gallery.

Seriously kls, you're too good.

derekfilley wrote:Very interesting ;-)

aceface7 wrote:beautiful!

Thanks for the comments! This is the first time that I've entered this style in the derby. I did a mermaid design for the water derby, but it wasn't quite as abstract. I wasn't sure how this one would do vote-wise. I'm glad to see it getting a little love. Thanks!!

eHalcyon

seebach33 wrote:so apparently the famous movie quote itself is offensive...another post was also rejected that had the mommy dearest title so that it would be clear and it is a no go. they could have specified only warm and fuzzy mom designs allowed....I mean, they had to see this quote coming.

If you take a look at other designs, not all are warm and fuzzy. "Maternal instincts" is a good example - and while mine is cute, it isn't exactly warm and fuzzy. I guess mommy might be warm though...

daedalusknight

seebach33 wrote:so apparently the famous movie quote itself is offensive...another post was also rejected that had the mommy dearest title so that it would be clear and it is a no go. they could have specified only warm and fuzzy mom designs allowed....I mean, they had to see this quote coming.

I'm guessing they're just not looking for shirts about movies that feature child abuse.

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32
Re: llo evolution.

Great Idea. Wouldn't get it as a shirt though.

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

anthonygerber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonygerber
Re: Mama's Boy

My mom always made me bundle up, even in the middle of summer.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Her Motherly Nature

6walnuts wrote:what a beautiful way to combine the two. I don't usually like yellow shirts, but would make an exception for this one.

eHalcyon wrote:It's incredible how many different styles you can use, kls.

CaptainKeekles wrote:Not surprisingly, I would love to buy this for my mother.

QuigglyPhD wrote:I see this as a hallmark card for some reason. good design though

Thanks for the comments. The Hallmark one made me smile. I'll take that as a compliment. I learned recently that Hallmark is now having card design contests too. Seems like submitting designs for popular vote is now the business model of choice for a lot of businesses.

Thanks for the early votes!

ign22401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ign22401
Re: Nobodys' child

Judging by the past responses, I take it you must be a contributor to other sites as well. Mind throwing up a link to some of your stuff? If this shirt is indicative of your style, I'm going to buy the hell out of your stuff.

Vote for this shirt people. It builds character.

nlitwiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlitwiller

this has got my vote but I think I might like it better w/o the timer on the egg.
either way i'll buy it if it's printed

Re: Nobodys' child

theblackdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theblackdog
Re: protective mother

It's a very nice design and shirt, but I don't think it's completely clear that the bamboo wielding panda is a mom protecting her kids. If I were to see someone wearing it, I would think, it's a panda who is training to be a ninja, or one who is defending the forest, or protecting other pandas in general.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing this design in the future.

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32
Re: Teach Me How To Jump Mum

I'd be all over this shirt if you had an even smaller cow slightly behind trying to keep up.

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

seebach33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seebach33

I can see that but again, this is such a famous 'mom' quote that surely they could have realized that some people would use it. My point is they could have mentioned that it was not to be accepted.