SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
eHalcyon wrote:Being a loser has never felt so good. =P Thanks people. And I'm surprised nobody pointed out my goof with the lynx tail. ;)

Went to Subway and had to pop back online before eating. Pleasant surprises!

Yes, it's a special honor to be tabbed. Means you did grate stuff regardless of the vote count. Helps get over the bitter sting of unrealized expectations. Now, hopefully you can ride that wave into Woot's HM next week and guarantee your spot in the best of derby!

SkekTek

no1 wrote:Is woot's filter for "Satellite of Love" a ref to Lou Reed or MST3K?

Definitely MST3k- witness:

home = Satellite of Love

Do not want = Crooooooooow!.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:Yes, it's a special honor to be tabbed. Means you did grate stuff regardless of the vote count. Helps get over the bitter sting of unrealized expectations. Now, hopefully you can ride that wave into Woot's HM next week and guarantee your spot in the best of derby!

no kidding! i'm always rooting for the cyberpubbers.

i'm glad they've come up with a badge! if (by some miracle) I was ever tabbed, i'd want to post the badge everyfreakingwhere! hope you have a web site or blog you can stick with the badge, ehalcyon.

in unrelated news, i hope i can get my shift key to start working

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:Definitely MST3k- witness:

home = Satellite of Love

Do not want = Crooooooooow!.

try fail----->I am an un-original person

I realize this has nothing to do with what you were talking about. But I just wanted to talk about my love for the woot filters.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:try fail----->I am an un-original person

I realize this has nothing to do with what you were talking about. But I just wanted to talk about my love for the woot filters.

Someone ought to come up with an essay or paragraph story that uses all the woot filtered words. Then, people could post it every couple of weeks, and it would be like Woot's personal Mad-Libs!

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Someone ought to come up with an essay or paragraph story that uses all the woot filtered words. Then, people could post it every couple of weeks, and it would be like Woot's personal Mad-Libs!

First you have to have access to all the filtered words. I have tried some out to see what gets filtered and its weird. "pwned" does not get filtered.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:First you have to have access to all the filtered words. I have tried some out to see what gets filtered and its weird. "pwned" does not get filtered.

Most of the curse words are filtered, plus typical woo-toff words such as woot k_ller, etc. Someone's gotta have a list somewhere on the web...

EDIT: how about this!

Ovaltina, my goat, on the I just sneezed all over myself., a big pleasantly upbeat boob WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! with a Blushing Over Compliments, who we Crooooooooow!, told us about how he had to take a Manos, the Hands of Fate at Satellite of Love before he could frak his wife's muffin and ticks! GET THEM OFF! HURRY!. We said I lost my spaghetti. =(, and he said llo, and it was a This is my favorite product yet!! Then he had to go.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SkekTek wrote:Most of the curse words are filtered, plus typical woo-toff words such as woot k_ller, etc. Someone's gotta have a list somewhere on the web...

Back from lunch.

Common chatspeak abbreviations are filtered, i.e. lol --> llo right now. There are a number of other "typo" filters as well, i.e. great --> grate.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

mia3mom wrote:no kidding! i'm always rooting for the cyberpubbers.

i'm glad they've come up with a badge! if (by some miracle) I was ever tabbed, i'd want to post the badge everyfreakingwhere! hope you have a web site or blog you can stick with the badge, ehalcyon.

in unrelated news, i hope i can get my shift key to start working

I bought a web domain and web space last year but have yet to do anything with it. I kept a blog on Xanga, but it's fallen out of use lately.

SkekTek

eHalcyon wrote:Back from lunch.

Common chatspeak abbreviations are filtered, i.e. lol --> llo right now. There are a number of other "typo" filters as well, i.e. great --> grate.

From my paragraph above, found another MST3k reference to Manos.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:From my paragraph above, found another MST3k reference to Manos.

Yeah, I just noticed that and it made me feel really excited.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:Yeah, I just noticed that and it made me feel really excited.

It's the best episode. Torgo and his knees of doom. It really dates me, but I had a sound replacement for the original DOOM game that put all MST3k sounds. When an imp was nearby, it'd play Torgo's theme.

Schrobblehead

Saved elsewhere for future referece and deleted.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Editing to try/add more filtered words. Please don't hit reply if you have a problem with profanity.

No doubt. Some are filthy, but unfortunately, since you're typing in a reply area, if we reply, we can't see it. You might want to cut and paste into your own post area.

EDIT: I'm outta here. But I'll be back tonight when I figure out what award I'm gonna give this week's derby, and the resultant winner.

-Skek

eHalcyon

Schrobblehead wrote:Editing to try/add more filtered words. Please don't hit reply if you have a problem with profanity.

Don't forget

PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!
vacuums
I am an un-original person
male

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:No doubt. Some are filthy, but unfortunately, since you're typing in a reply area, if we reply, we can't see it. You might want to cut and paste into your own post area.

EDIT: I'm outta here. But I'll be back tonight when I figure out what award I'm gonna give this week's derby, and the resultant winner.

-Skek

Actually, I didn't think about it, but typing in the reply area makes it perfect to avoid children from seeing it. I deleted it anyways. If I got probation for that I'd never be able to make it through the work day. Then again, my work productivity would skyrocket.

For some reason I was expecting "idk, my best friend jill" to get filtered.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:It's the best episode. Torgo and his knees of doom. It really dates me, but I had a sound replacement for the original DOOM game that put all MST3k sounds. When an imp was nearby, it'd play Torgo's theme.

It doesn't date you, I don't think. Hubs and the friends all played original DOOM. They were children, of course, and probably weren't supposed to be exposed to that stuff. I think they came out pretty well-adjusted though.

Me? Not so much. I was too busy watching MST3K and I became completely warped.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

I really hate these long extended periods of doing work. I going to quit working for about 20 minutes and do literally nothing.

carp, it didn't work. I worked.

I tottally nead this shirt.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Schrobblehead wrote:I really hate these long extended periods of doing work. I going to quit working for about 20 minutes and do literally nothing.

carp, it didn't work. I worked.

I did it for you. Working late is pointless if I'm not actually working, though, so maybe I'll go back for another long stretch.

Also, I've been wondering where all the fun was at. It was hiding from me here in the "Pub". Now that I've found you guys, you'll have to hide somewhere else... ::raises eyebrow creepily and walks away::

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
ansharp wrote:I did it for you. Working late is pointless if I'm not actually working, though, so maybe I'll go back for another long stretch.

Also, I've been wondering where all the fun was at. It was hiding from me here in the "Pub". Now that I've found you guys, you'll have to hide somewhere else... ::raises eyebrow creepily and walks away::

Oh, bwah-hahahahahaha.... we can be MUCH creepier than you ever thought of being... snork...

Schrobblehead

ansharp wrote:I did it for you. Working late is pointless if I'm not actually working, though, so maybe I'll go back for another long stretch.

Unless I have a design in the derby I tend to stay away from the main thread myself, but even the pub goes dry from time to time.

ansharp

Webfoot08 wrote:Oh, bwah-hahahahahaha.... we can be MUCH creepier than you ever thought of being... snork...

So can I... DUN-DUN-DUNNNN...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eHalcyon wrote:Don't forget

PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!
vacuums
I am an un-original person
male

hater

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:No doubt. Some are filthy, but unfortunately, since you're typing in a reply area, if we reply, we can't see it. You might want to cut and paste into your own post area.

-Skek

dang, why was i off supervising kids when schrobble posted that? I don't like missing out. meh.

I'll be giving an award, too. Ditto on the coming back tonight. i've got a meeting, and then i'll be Satellite of Love and enjoying child-free time for a bit. i'm sure i'll have a topic for an award by then, too. hmmm... Feh that my "best beachy/water design" topic appears to only have one contestant. me. not giving myself an award, so i'll need to keep looking...

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
mia3mom wrote:dang, why was i off supervising kids when schrobble posted that? I don't like missing out. meh.

I'll be giving an award, too. Ditto on the coming back tonight. i've got a meeting, and then i'll be Satellite of Love and enjoying child-free time for a bit. i'm sure i'll have a topic for an award by then, too. hmmm... Feh that my "best beachy/water design" topic appears to only have one contestant. me. not giving myself an award, so i'll need to keep looking...

What's "Satellite of Love"? I know it's Wootfilterspeak for something, but... whut?

What's the "best beach/water design" about? I miss so much here because I have to run off and mix/bake/cool/slice so much. :-(

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:dang, why was i off supervising kids when schrobble posted that? I don't like missing out. meh.

Actually it was SkekTek's posting, which was still there last I looked, but I was just adding things to see what the woot filters did. It was ridiculously filthy, so I wouldn't want to leave it there.

It was this one:

SkekTek wrote:Most of the curse words are filtered, plus typical woo-toff words such as woot k_ller, etc. Someone's gotta have a list somewhere on the web...

Ovaltina, my goat, on the I just sneezed all over myself., a big pleasantly upbeat boob WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! with a Blushing Over Compliments, who we Crooooooooow!, told us about how he had to take a Manos, the Hands of Fate at Satellite of Love before he could frak his wife's muffin and ticks! GET THEM OFF! HURRY!. We said I lost my spaghetti. =(, and he said llo, and it was a This is my favorite product yet!! Then he had to go.

mia3mom

only the cool kids hang out here. well, and the posers.

nice to see someone else popping in here! things can be either really busy and fun here or pretty quiet. i'm doing some major procrastinating currently, so i'm hoping for more business!

mia3mom

um, yikes!

odd things that aren't filtered. i thought boob was one of the filtered ones. hunh. never figured you for a potty-mouth, skek. =o

eHalcyon

mia3mom wrote:um, yikes!

odd things that aren't filtered. i thought boob was one of the filtered ones. hunh. never figured you for a potty-mouth, skek. =o

It isn't dirty unless it's plural: tree ants. ;)

Ack, I I am an un-original person at perspective. Gyroscopes are difficult to draw...

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:um, yikes!

I'm sure he was just demonstrating the power of woot filters.

mia3mom

Webfoot08 wrote:What's "Satellite of Love"? I know it's Wootfilterspeak for something, but... whut?

What's the "best beach/water design" about? I miss so much here because I have to run off and mix/bake/cool/slice so much. :-(

h-o-m-e is satellite of love. you can see what it is when you hit reply, the original text is unfiltered for your viewing pleasure. or astonishment. whichever.

i live up the hill from a beach. i also grew up near a the ocean and until i went to college i had never lived more than a 10 min walk from the ocean. So i gave a beachy/water award to klswoot 2 derbies ago, and wanted to keep doing that award. i'm actually all set and found another that i like that will get that award. woo-hoo! no more thinking!

so, webfoot, what are you baking? bread for your new coop? or do you bake for a profession? or for fun? i used to bake all the time, and still miss some of it. i need to be doing more, but i keep procrastinating grinding my flour.

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm sure he was just demonstrating the power of woot filters.

i know, i'm sorry. my sense of humor isn't coming across well today. i promise i'm not offended by anything i've seen here. i have four brothers - it takes a heck of a lot to offend me!

Schrobblehead

eHalcyon wrote:Gyroscopes are difficult to draw...

especially while they are moving.

mia3mom wrote:i know, i'm sorry. my sense of humor isn't coming across well today. i promise i'm not offended by anything i've seen here. i have four brothers - it takes a heck of a lot to offend me!

no worries.

Schrobblehead

eHalcyon

eHalcyon wrote:It isn't dirty unless it's plural: tree ants. ;)

Oh yeah, and woot also has a thing against literature. Case and point - Moby beautiful tulip. ;)

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Saved elsewhere for future referece and deleted.

Can you PM me the paragraph?

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Can you PM me the paragraph?

yes

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:yes

Thanks!

ansharp

8:40 already, and I'm so sleepy... and tonight was the night I was gonna get most of my design done. Hmmph, sometimes I really wish I drank coffee.

*Edited for babbling*

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:8:40 already, and I'm so sleepy... and tonight was the night I was gonna get most of my design done. Hmmph, sometimes I really wish I drank coffee.

*Edited for babbling*

Well, I wish you the best. I think I'm done with mine, unless I decide to grunge up parts of it, and make some colors more vibrant...