rootbeerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rootbeerman

Huh. Reading these posts, I guess it is kind of cutesy. But as an 18 year old red-blooded male, I still think it's a riot. I can't wait to wear it.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock

I, for one, am very glad this design won--it's my favorite. The whole point that I took is that the dragons are cutesy, but in the act of one feeding an apparently still live human to another, like you see birds feeding wriggling bugs to their young on nature shows. Maybe little "wiggle lines" around the suit of armor would have helped.

Anyway, everyone loves those snacks that are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside!

bnix13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnix13

I'm tempted, but I never received the last woot I purchased

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people who voted and everyone who's buying I know that the style doesn't suit everyone so I really appreciate all the support! Well, it's been a long day... so goodnight!

th3drow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages th3drow

a bit cutesy but its just fantastic :p im in for one

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
bnix13 wrote:I'm tempted, but I never received the last woot I purchased

You will. Sometimes it takes up to about 10 days...such is the price you pay for a unique 10 dolla tshirt

limlimrevolution

quality posts: 1 Private Messages limlimrevolution

Very much a Wootable shirt, I give it an A+

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
surflunesta wrote:You will. Sometimes it takes up to about 10 days...such is the price you pay for a unique 10 dolla tshirt

I've actually waited as long as 14 days.....long enough to forget that I had ordered a shirt.

Carpe shirtem!

jgirdner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgirdner

Yeah! I was hoping this one won. I am in for one.

Blanch1000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blanch1000

I don't necessarily have a problem with cutesy. But this one...

I think it's the eyes. Or something I can't even recognize. It's got a kitschy feel that reminds me of little children and soccer moms.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad drawing or design or anything, but no... no thank you.

bnix13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnix13
surflunesta wrote:You will. Sometimes it takes up to about 10 days...such is the price you pay for a unique 10 dolla tshirt

No it was regular woot and I ordered it over a month ago

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female

Woot really needs to exercise some kind of veto rights. Some of these derby winners are ridiculous.

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
NosferatuRed wrote:Again with a cutesy shirt...What's up with this week?

Do you look at the derby shirts or just visit the daily shirt?

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
brizz wrote:look at that...a tshirt fit perfectly for a 7 year old takes first yet again. really quite astonishing.

Look at that yet another disparaging comment from brizz... Seems both are themes here.

Geckotek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Geckotek

It's cutesy with a sick twist....which pretty much takes the cutesy part of the equation out of it. You know, yellow and blue make green....I don't like yellow, but I like green.

So, the sick twist sold me on it. I'm in for one. I voted for this one, but there were a couple of others I wish had made it into the fog. I REALLY hope they print the "Preggo Eggo" someday. I loved that movie and only a few ppl will get the reference....which makes it a cool inside joke.

jkulisz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkulisz

yeah, not like the real dragons... the REAL dragons!?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jkulisz wrote:yeah, not like the real dragons... the REAL dragons!?

Komodo?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

stevmacs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevmacs

The problem is that it makes me think of Boston and Shaun (world's worst webcomic, friggin' furries, about overeating dragon and kangaroo) and because of that I can't like it.

jaycous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaycous

Was on the fence on this one but I think it's good for a laugh. In for 1

pinkxrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkxrain

holy poo i am dead from cute <3

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester

The art style does seem very 'young' to me as well. I's a cute Idea but, too 'young art' cute picture' for me.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
jawnaw2000 wrote:Nice, but the joke (the knight) is too small to distinguish.

I guess all you people born post-1985 didn't get the Psycho reference in Momma's Boy.

Even those of us who did "get the Psycho reference" did not find Momma's Boy a good shirt for this derby.

mrbarister

quality posts: 26 Private Messages mrbarister

Cute, I love her heart iris, but she's a little flat chested for my taste.

blueeyedgoover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blueeyedgoover

Yay! Moms going to be so excited, we wanted this shirt since we saw it in the Derby! Congrats to the artist!

Cube9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cube9
btbunch wrote:I don't know why you're all saying it's too cutesy, I like it just fine. Dark humor with a fun appeal, what's not to like?
In for one!

I agree. Got 1.

amergirban

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amergirban

hahaha...that's funny!

jessann007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessann007

This shirt is very cute. Although I am dissapointed that they don't have smaller sizes, cause this would be more adorable for a 4 year old. I still bought one, since I have a strange sense of humor.

Great design!

silversage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silversage

I'm in! I thought this was a great design. Congrats!!

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

i fear a sell out soon

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
brizz wrote:look at that...a tshirt fit perfectly for a 7 year old takes first yet again. really quite astonishing.

Why is it astonishing?

Granted I'm newer here, but aren't the Derbies voted on by people who have bought shirts in the past? If it won the popular vote, doesn't it deserve to win?

I'm really not trying to be argumentative, I just don't understand the issue with this winning.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
jessann007 wrote:This shirt is very cute. Although I am dissapointed that they don't have smaller sizes, cause this would be more adorable for a 4 year old. I still bought one, since I have a strange sense of humor.

Great design!

The WS shrinks down in the wash to fit most 4 year olds.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
female wrote:Woot really needs to exercise some kind of veto rights. Some of these derby winners are ridiculous.

Oh yeah, every shirt site wants to veto a shirt that sells out before noon.

BTW, I've often felt some derby winners are ridiculous. I just step aside, let those who loved it buy it and enjoy it while I scratch my head in wonderment. My checkbook gets a break and the world keeps turning.

xsuspencex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsuspencex

uhhhh...no thanks. not my type

TOTAL WOOTS=16
Bunnies Ogling Carrots=1
3/22/12-Barrel of Crops

beruo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beruo
mscho wrote:sorry, too cartoony for me. perhaps if the dragons looked a bit more realistic and less like i just drew it on paint.

Really? You know that there are no such things as dragons in the real world, so making them more realistic would be somewhat problematic, yeah?

Great job sparklzk27. My first multi-woot. One for me, the wifey, and the kiddie. We'll look awesomely buttery croissant, walking down the street together.

maitesama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maitesama

Great for the D & D mom!

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

Okay, I'm really befuddled by this site at times.

Why are people so offended and serious about T-Shirts?

It seems some people who, I assume, have no financial interest in this site get all worked up over designs and whatnot. Some shirts they post here I wouldn't buy ... honestly, I haven't found a shirt that I would buy yet, but I don't lose sleep over it.

I've read through some posts from guys like Adder, brizz, and even you Samoa Joe and am amazed as to how seriously people take this stuff.

When someone directed me to that 9 page thread about that GlennRob guy, I honestly was embarrassed for whomever started it. To take a shirt site THAT seriously is just odd. There's more important things in life.

Life is out there to be enjoyed and experienced. To worry so much about something that you wear and wash, something most people don't think twice about, is just a waste of time in my mind.

I really don't want to be insulting towards people, as I genuinely do like browsing these forums, but some people seem to need a reality check.

It's a shirt people.

BTW - SamoaJoe, did you get your screen name from the TNA Wrestler? ( http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/238/37/ ) If so, I just saw him live at LockDown, he's awesome.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS

Oops, forgot to add:

Congratulations to sparklzk27 on the sellout. I bet you are laughing at all the critics as you take that check to the bank. ;-)

jmyers1643

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmyers1643

cute design, something you would see at threadless or the like
taddict (dot) com

woot stalker - temp user

deucy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deucy

Did Canada get heavier or something? The US map, while cool, is completely whack. Wyoming isn't a rectangle. As no one wooted from there, I thought I would speak up and mention it. I've got your back, WY!

jvernoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jvernoy

not to upset that i missed out...sorry I have been pretty let down by the selection lately.