Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
superspryte wrote:So I've been ignoring the Derby Cyberpub lately. Sorry. Did ya miss me?

PS - I just got all excited for the season finale of House tonight. Then I realized it's still Sunday. >_<;

hai. I did, anyway.

can you tell me what this says? roughly?

thanks.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:hai. I did, anyway.

can you tell me what this says? roughly?

thanks.

Gee, thanks for turning it so I don't have to read it sideways.

Yeah I'll get back to you in a minute. At first glance it says "soba cha no osusume" which means Soba Tea (a brand?) Recommendations.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

superspryte wrote:Gee, thanks for turning it so I don't have to read it sideways.

Yeah I'll get back to you in a minute. At first glance it says "soba cha no osusume" which means Soba Tea (a brand?) Recommendations.

It's a sheet that talks about the tea and says how good it is for you. It has essential vitamins, minerals and rutin and stuff.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Josephus

superspryte wrote:It's a sheet that talks about the tea and says how good it is for you. It has essential vitamins, minerals and rutin and stuff.

thank you very much. Soba tea, huh? I vaguely remember Soba noodles.

Maybe I'll try some, if it's tea. I was afraid it might turn out to be something else- hand washing stuff, or bath stuff, things not good for drinking. :^)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:thank you very much. Soba tea, huh? I vaguely remember Soba noodles.

Maybe I'll try some, if it's tea. I was afraid it might turn out to be something else- hand washing stuff, or bath stuff, things not good for drinking. :^)

I think soba is the brand in this case. Obviously it's not related to the noodles.

Josephus

superspryte wrote:I think soba is the brand in this case. Obviously it's not related to the noodles.

I see.

"The Japanese have traditionally enjoyed soba tea for its refreshing taste and health benefits. Made from the buckwheat plant, it has a hearty and toasty flavor. Naturally high in protein, vitamins and minerals, soba tea is good for digestion and high blood pressure.

Brewing Recommendation: Use 1 teaspooon per 6 oz cup. Heat water until boiling. Let steep 4 - 5 minutes. Good for multiple infusions."

the link basically shows the quote I listed.

This shows a weakness of the Internet. I couldn't find this out because I couldn't translate it. Once I knew the name, I could find out quick a lot about it- including how to make the tea. We did a tea ceremony at the restaurant, I suppose that is why they gave us tea afterwards.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:I see.

"The Japanese have traditionally enjoyed soba tea for its refreshing taste and health benefits. Made from the buckwheat plant, it has a hearty and toasty flavor. Naturally high in protein, vitamins and minerals, soba tea is good for digestion and high blood pressure.

Brewing Recommendation: Use 1 teaspooon per 6 oz cup. Heat water until boiling. Let steep 4 - 5 minutes. Good for multiple infusions."

the link basically shows the quote I listed.

This shows a weakness of the Internet. I couldn't find this out because I couldn't translate it. Once I knew the name, I could find out quick a lot about it- including how to make the tea. We did a tea ceremony at the restaurant, I suppose that is why they gave us tea afterwards.

That could do it. ^_^

Also, I've never heard of soba tea. And since I didn't have anything invested in it I didn't look it up, hehe.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

[quote postid="2262589" user="SkekTek"]Why are you starving yourself? ":|

Aw, man, I thought I was in the running with 4 rejections. I gotta step up my game So, my shirts are in 17th, 102, 147, 150, 184, 251, 276, 430, 453, 454, and 464th places.

Starving myself for charity!

Re: the "Not pg-13" shirt (looky, a free plug!) - where did the women's shirt comp come from?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

pimping for votes over here since the derby page takes so long to load and stuff gets overlooked there. Thank you for your support.

and the newest and most improved cancan entry:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:[quote postid="2262589" user="SkekTek"]Why are you starving yourself? ":|

Aw, man, I thought I was in the running with 4 rejections. I gotta step up my game So, my shirts are in 17th, 102, 147, 150, 184, 251, 276, 430, 453, 454, and 464th places.

Re: the "Not pg-13" shirt (looky, a free plug!) - where did the women's shirt comp come from?

Based on the outline I'd say the person manipulated the male template. Could be wrong though. Or its possibly on the new template files.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
AttilaTheMom wrote:and the newest and most improved cancan entry:

I never saw this one in the sea of entries, but it looks awesome! Great work, gmv

Even if it doesn't win, you should get it printed up at spreadshirt or something.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
geekfactor12 wrote:I never saw this one in the sea of entries, but it looks awesome! Great work, gmv

Even if it doesn't win, you should get it printed up at spreadshirt or something.

Thanks, I wanted to try white letters and see if it showed up better, so I did this one today. I'll probably put it on spreadshirt or zazzle, but with some cancan type graphics for the troupe. Actually, the phrase may go on the back, and the front will be "Madame Gigi's Outrageous French CanCan Dancers!", with graphics.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Josephus

eHalcyon wrote:[quote postid="2262589" user="SkekTek"]Why are you starving yourself? ":|

That was ME! My wife thought up the shirt, and I put it on the women's. I had first used it here (feel free to vote for either):

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

Something about this shirts speaks to me. The voice isn't telling me to do anything though, so don't worry.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:Something about this shirts speaks to me. The voice isn't telling me to do anything though, so don't worry.

Reminds me of the entry I didn't eventually do "Go ahead, impress me. Quote Monty Python again"... mine implies more TV than movies.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
SkekTek wrote:Reminds me of the entry I didn't eventually do "Go ahead, impress me. Quote Monty Python again"... mine implies more TV than movies.

llo. Anything about the daily today strike you as familiar in any way?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:llo. Anything about the daily today strike you as familiar in any way?

No, aside from it being sound-based, and I've had sound-based derby entries, should it? Tell me tell me tell me!!!

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081

I'm way late to this derby, and there's nearly 900 entries now, so I figure I'm already lost. In which case I'm simply going to pander in all 3 derby-related threads.

Here's two for you guys:

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Jack31081 wrote:I'm way late to this derby, and there's nearly 900 entries now, so I figure I'm already lost. In which case I'm simply going to pander in all 3 derby-related threads.

*snip*

Nearly 900? Over 1000 according to shirtderbystats, although that includes removed entries.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Something about this shirts speaks to me. The voice isn't telling me to do anything though, so don't worry.

oh crrap the shirt's giving away my secret.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:oh crrap the shirt's giving away my secret.

It's okay, only we know. ^_~

PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:It's okay, only we know. ^_~

Whew. Don't tell anybody, okai?
I guess if people catch on, I can always revert to television. Or, as a last resort...literature.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:Whew. Don't tell anybody, okai?
I guess if people catch on, I can always revert to television. Or, as a last resort...literature.

What we got here is... failure to communicate... Darn server keeps erroring out my post replies.

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081
superspryte wrote:Nearly 900? Over 1000 according to shirtderbystats, although that includes removed entries.

Already over 1200 now according to them, although there are over 200 rejected entries it looks like.

SkekTek

Jack31081 wrote:Already over 1200 now according to them, although there are over 200 rejected entries it looks like.

Between me and eHalcyon, we got 10 rejections Weehaw!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Jack31081 wrote:Already over 1200 now according to them, although there are over 200 rejected entries it looks like.

I've been avoiding looking since I'm fogged. Otherwise I won't get anything done. ^_~

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:What we got here is... failure to communicate... Darn server keeps erroring out my post replies.

"If people can't communicate with eachother, the least they can do is shut up about it!"
Tom Lehrer

me after 6 hours of a town-wide power loss, a bit hyped up. kids are going a bit stir-crazy.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:I've been avoiding looking since I'm fogged. Otherwise I won't get anything done. ^_~

Yeah, it really bites to have something in the fog... I just submitted another silly (really silly) entry: Feel free not to look at it

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
SkekTek wrote:Yeah, it really bites to have something in the fog... I just submitted another silly (really silly) entry: Feel free not to look at it

oh.my.gosh. I was just singing this song yesterday. "Monchichi Monchichi, oh so soft and cuddly!" My kids think I'm crazy.

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, it really bites to have something in the fog... I just submitted another silly (really silly) entry: Feel free not to look at it

I feel like the discrepancy between the spelling on the shirt and the spelling in the title really draw away from the credibility of your very serious entry. This is a grave, grave problem.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

This derby is driving me crazy. It takes forever to load the pages, the server gives me errors when I try to post something more than 2 lines, and the entries!!!!

I am feeling out of touch.
Dot dot dot is an acceptable DESIGN!?
Two handed masturbation is PG-13!?

I don't know how Adder hasn't had a heart attack.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

Because the only way to get a song out of your head it to give it to someone else: Monchichi

mia3mom

mjc613 wrote:This derby is driving me crazy. It takes forever to load the pages, the server gives me errors when I try to post something more than 2 lines, and the entries!!!!

I am feeling out of touch.
Dot dot dot is an acceptable DESIGN!?
Two handed masturbation is PG-13!?

I don't know how Adder hasn't had a heart attack.

I think he's focused on being at #6.

this is just horrible. I can't wait for the rejections should come down. I've never tattled so much in my life. not even as a little kid. ;)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
mia3mom wrote:I think he's focused on being at #6.

He's probably better off that way.

mia3mom wrote:
this is just horrible. I can't wait for the rejections should come down. I've never tattled so much in my life. not even as a little kid. ;)

All I can think is that the rejectionator is having just as many problems go through all this garbage as I am. And the sea of tattles may be slowing them down, instead of helping this derby.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:I feel like the discrepancy between the spelling on the shirt and the spelling in the title really draw away from the credibility of your very serious entry. This is a grave, grave problem.

Which way did I spell it? Should be Monchhichi... with two h's... Dangit! Got it wrong on the entry title. The shirt is correct. Heck, it's prolly going to be rejected for copyright anyway.

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Which way did I spell it? Should be Monchhichi... with two h's... Dangit! Got it wrong on the entry title. The shirt is correct. Heck, it's prolly going to be rejected for copyright anyway.

Better that the title's spelled wrong than the text on the shirt!
I didn't know there was an extra 'h' in Monchhichichichi. So I guess this derby hasn't been a total waste.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

I cannot believe my shirt was rejected for being a resubmission. When did that become a rule? We're not allowed to re-submit shirts? What if I had changed the font? Obviously, someone liked it...it was up to #8 when I last checked.

Grrrrrrr.....

SkekTek

JoeDeeDee wrote:I cannot believe my shirt was rejected for being a resubmission. When did that become a rule? We're not allowed to re-submit shirts? What if I had changed the font? Obviously, someone liked it...it was up to #8 when I last checked.

Grrrrrrr.....

I think they only check it if it's blatantly obvious or someone tattles. Tattling is running rampant at the moment...

mia3mom

JoeDeeDee wrote:I cannot believe my shirt was rejected for being a resubmission. When did that become a rule? We're not allowed to re-submit shirts? What if I had changed the font? Obviously, someone liked it...it was up to #8 when I last checked.

Grrrrrrr.....

they've written that you have to make significant changes. they've rejected a ton of entries for not being changed enough.

this week is filled with entries that are ending up being rejected. I'm annoyed that one of mine was rejected as poor taste when the same words were not rejected from someone else in Lyrics. but *shrug* such is life in the derby

PemberDucky

Staff

I just totally fell asleep in the bathroom.