superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JoeDeeDee wrote:I cannot believe my shirt was rejected for being a resubmission. When did that become a rule? We're not allowed to re-submit shirts? What if I had changed the font? Obviously, someone liked it...it was up to #8 when I last checked.

Grrrrrrr.....

That's always been true. You should check the Unofficial Rules for Rejection thread that I link in the first post of the derby threads.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, it really bites to have something in the fog... I just submitted another silly (really silly) entry: Feel free not to look at it

Hey, being fogged is wonderful. I'm not looking forward to being crestfallen when it drops out of the fog though so I'm not looking at the derby page. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:I just totally fell asleep in the bathroom.

Weird!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:Weird!

I'm in agony...I dunno what it is, but I'm having the worst time staying awake. Perhaps it's the narcolepsy.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:I'm in agony...I dunno what it is, but I'm having the worst time staying awake. Perhaps it's the narcolepsy.

I was damn near narcoleptic in college. But then I graduated and started sleeping. That's not a clinical thing but I can fall asleep anywhere at any time. It's weird.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:I was damn near narcoleptic in college. But then I graduated and started sleeping. That's not a clinical thing but I can fall asleep anywhere at any time. It's weird.

Yeah, I was a sleepy bear in college...not as bad as my sister or my friends. They catch/caught it whenever they have/had the opportunity.

I never thought I was capable of falling asleep just about anywhere but my little experience a bit ago proves otherwise. What an odd sensation to 'wake up' on the toilet at work wondering how long I'd been out. The most sensible conclusion I can come up with is that I'm losing my mind.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
PemberDucky wrote:Yeah, I was a sleepy bear in college...not as bad as my sister or my friends. They catch/caught it whenever they have/had the opportunity.

I never thought I was capable of falling asleep just about anywhere but my little experience a bit ago proves otherwise. What an odd sensation to 'wake up' on the toilet at work wondering how long I'd been out. The most sensible conclusion I can come up with is that I'm losing my mind.

that happened to my husband a lot. hence the CPAP. falling asleep during conversations led to something very close to suffocation in his sleep

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

snakeweber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakeweber

ok so my 'irony' shirt just got rejected....it was in the fog since FRIDAY AFTERNOON......why now? i'd gotten my hopes up!

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
snakeweber wrote:ok so my 'irony' shirt just got rejected....it was in the fog since FRIDAY AFTERNOON......why now? i'd gotten my hopes up!

Sad! That was the only shirt that I really liked!

Mia3mom--check your pm's.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
superspryte wrote:I was damn near narcoleptic in college. But then I graduated and started sleeping. That's not a clinical thing but I can fall asleep anywhere at any time. It's weird.

I used to look at my Genetics class notes in college, and I'd see the notes all neat and carefully written, until suddenly, they'd start slipping down and then off the page would be a line, like you se in the movies when someone was poisoned and died while writing who the killer was: "The paladin gene did i...zzzzz"

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
PemberDucky wrote:I just totally fell asleep in the bathroom.

That's the dirtiest nap time I've ever heard of.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:That's always been true. You should check the Unofficial Rules for Rejection thread that I link in the first post of the derby threads.

Uh, why doesn't woot collect their own rules in one place? That seems like a reasonable thing to do. Why should we have to make our own infrastructure when they should know their own rules better than we do?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
no1 wrote:Uh, why doesn't woot collect their own rules in one place? That seems like a reasonable thing to do. Why should we have to make our own infrastructure when they should know their own rules better than we do?

good question, no1, good question.

if you ever find out the answer, can you share?

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

no1

mia3mom wrote:good question, no1, good question.

no1 wrote:I think Joel has a drinking problem. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
mia3mom wrote:good question, no1, good question.

I, too, would love to see these rules.

It is interesting to me that Joe got his slogan rejected because he already submitted it to a previous derby, while the Irony slogan was submitted to anther site and is allowed to stay.

I don't really understand what the difference is, I guess. Would Joe's have stayed if he put it on a different shirt color or in a different font? Why? It would still be the exact same content...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:that happened to my husband a lot. hence the CPAP. falling asleep during conversations led to something very close to suffocation in his sleep

I fall asleep talking to my boyfriend almost every night. I can only imagine how frustrated he gets.

no1

superspryte wrote:I fall asleep talking to my boyfriend almost every night. I can only imagine how frustrated he gets.

Perhaps he's just used to people falling asleep while talking to him.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
geekfactor12 wrote:I, too, would love to see these rules.

It is interesting to me that Joe got his slogan rejected because he already submitted it to a previous derby, while the Irony slogan was submitted to anther site and is allowed to stay.

I don't really understand what the difference is, I guess. Would Joe's have stayed if he put it on a different shirt color or in a different font? Why? It would still be the exact same content...

I was trying to figure out what shirt of Josephus's you were talking about, and then I realized that you were talking about JoeDeeDee, who is a female. Just thought I'd let ya know!

And JDD, sorry about the rejection. It was steadily gaining votes all along.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:Perhaps he's just used to people falling asleep while talking to him.

That's not a nice thing to say.

no1

superspryte wrote:That's not a nice thing to say.

It's easy to be mean to strangers.

If he or you want me to say nice things about him, he's going to have to post here more often than once in a blue moon. (And even then, it's only a matter of time before he gets quoted in the quotes thread...!)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus ,Shan, and Spryte can back me up on this....there are no rules. At least not that are written down anywhere.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

snakeweber wrote:ok so my 'irony' shirt just got rejected....it was in the fog since FRIDAY AFTERNOON......why now? i'd gotten my hopes up!

That was a funny shirt. Would have bought one for my husband, who irons something every day.
He has a brother who does the same thing. The wives weren't good enough at ironing for either of them!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Josephus ,Shan, and Spryte can back me up on this....there are no rules. At least not that are written down anywhere.

this looks like writing to me

Schrobblehead

dontwantaname wrote:Josephus ,Shan, and Spryte can back me up on this....there are no rules. At least not that are written down anywhere.

They take such pleasure in tormenting designers why would they ever want to publish them all in one place? It's much more fun for them to reject a shirt and cite a rule they've never posted anywhere.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:this looks like writing to me

Well, if you found that, why didn't you post it?!?!???!????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

wait a minute... there's still an irony shirt in the fog... was there another one that got rejected?

But on the positive side, my "smells better" shirt is 15th, and i just entered it yesterday!

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:I was trying to figure out what shirt of Josephus's you were talking about, and then I realized that you were talking about JoeDeeDee, who is a female. Just thought I'd let ya know!

And JDD, sorry about the rejection. It was steadily gaining votes all along.

Go shan go! get in that fog!

Intaglio entered the carmen sandiego shirt right before mine yesterday, and we both are doing well (im 15th and hes in the fog). out of 900 entries, what's the odds?

i screwed up my wrist at softball tonight. some bone in my rt hand above the wrist joint. makes typing and doing anything with that hand difficult - why im not capitalizing and parentheses hurt. so im gonna go but everyone kick butt in the derby and ill catch you later.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Go shan go! get in that fog!

Intaglio entered the carmen sandiego shirt right before mine yesterday, and we both are doing well (im 15th and hes in the fog). out of 900 entries, what's the odds?

i screwed up my wrist at softball tonight. some bone in my rt hand above the wrist joint. makes typing and doing anything with that hand difficult - why im not capitalizing and parentheses hurt. so im gonna go but everyone kick butt in the derby and ill catch you later.

whats the point of capitalization and punctuation anyways hope your shirt continues doing well im too busy and too short of cleverness and wit to come up with anything that could do well in this sort of derby

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:whats the point of capitalization and punctuation anyways hope your shirt continues doing well im too busy and too short of cleverness and wit to come up with anything that could do well in this sort of derby

schrobble- thank you. obviously clever and wit are not requirements for this derby, so go for it... submit something eh...

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24

I'm so happy for intaglio, his shirt is really soaring. I think that's the only one of the top six that I'd buy. I'm sure the poor little otters don't stand much chance, the votes have been slow today. But look at you with 2 shirts over 100 votes!

And what is it with grown men killing themselves for softball? Every week my husband decides to get some kind of new injury.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:wait a minute... there's still an irony shirt in the fog... was there another one that got rejected?

But on the positive side, my "smells better" shirt is 15th, and i just entered it yesterday!

That's the one. They unrejected it after the designers removed it from the threadless slogan place. bad precedent, if you ask me.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Hmm... my "Verbatim" shirt is at 29th. I think I'm only rising because entries above me are getting rejected.

Maybe I should submit some more... perhaps even all the submission-happy non-artists are getting tired and now new entries are getting good time at the top of the date-sorted derby page.

I'm no longer in the running for Reject King! LoreHera is at 9. She sort of asked for it with her 42 entries though.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

AttilaTheMom

eHalcyon wrote:Thanks for the mention! Yay!

You're welcome.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

WayneAndGarth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WayneAndGarth
AttilaTheMom wrote:Maunderings post is up in the derby thread for your reading and voting enjoyment.

back from the hospital. broke two really small carpal bones right above the wrist. ow. but pain meds are kiking in (couldnt take them at hosp b/c i have the only car and i drove). splint was... interestingly bad.

thanks for the props Atilla for my tire. i love your maunderings eye and feel really lucky to be selected this week. your picks are usually better than woot's too.

well, off to bed. night kind folks. oh, and sorry for losing the rejection badge eH... maybe next time

Ya, right!!!

SkekTek

sorry, that was me. was goofing as wayne elsewhere and forgot 2 change it back.

disliked how House ended... so sad! my fave was always cutthroat b...

SkekTek

okay, someone please help me understand this. Why is this considered not original content? It's text referencing Ghostbusters, but it's just a hand-edited shaded font with a no symbol. No ghost, no others... halp??? Or is rejector just getting stupid?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
SkekTek wrote:okay, someone please help me understand this. Why is this considered not original content? It's text referencing Ghostbusters, but it's just a hand-edited shaded font with a no symbol. No ghost, no others... halp??? Or is rejector just getting stupid?

Just guessing, but the font does look like the font from the movie title, so perhaps woot doesn't want to get into patent issues. It's a stretch, but it's all I can think of right now.

AttilaTheMom

SkekTek wrote:okay, someone please help me understand this. Why is this considered not original content? It's text referencing Ghostbusters, but it's just a hand-edited shaded font with a no symbol. No ghost, no others... halp??? Or is rejector just getting stupid?

beats the heck outta me. I wouldn't have known it was ghostbusters at all, but that movie was a long time ago. Unless someone found an exact copy of that phrase elsewhere, or its a direct quote from the movie, or something like that.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.