PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I would totally go for the pretzels. I like reislings and moscato and not much else when it comes to wine... i'm a beer junkie...just having a laugh about the wine

I found Hoegaarden at my regular gro-sto last night. It was a day for celebration and dancing.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
PemberDucky wrote:I found Hoegaarden at my regular gro-sto last night. It was a day for celebration and dancing.

I felt the same way when I found Kona brewing company long board lager and their pale ale here last week. We always have the imports, but not all the good microbrews.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I felt the same way when I found Kona brewing company long board lager and their pale ale here last week. We always have the imports, but not all the good microbrews.

We pretty much don't have a vast beer selection here. People are expected to either buy $20 cocktails or-- if they're in a local's place-- Bud.

Although we did recently get a YardHouse, so I should quit complaining.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kenney9226 wrote:

wee! post this over in pics of you thread!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:I felt the same way when I found Kona brewing company long board lager and their pale ale here last week. We always have the imports, but not all the good microbrews.

ate there last year KBC in Kona Hi. i love kona!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
PemberDucky wrote:We pretty much don't have a vast beer selection here. People are expected to either buy $20 cocktails or-- if they're in a local's place-- Bud.

Although we did recently get a YardHouse, so I should quit complaining.

I'm just happy to finally again be in a "state" where I can buy beer and wine at the grocery store. We never even buy any, but it's a comfort thing.

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:I think she looked at the shirts currently for sale, not the derby entries, but I agree. If some thought went into the font/color/PLACEMENT choices, we'd have many more viable options to vote on. Of course, a little design would have improved this derby 1000-fold, but I'm through bitching about it. 27 hours until a new (and improved?) theme... and counting.

no, they were this one. stupid woot replaced la_me with male...

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:I'm just happy to finally again be in a "state" where I can buy beer and wine at the grocery store. We never even buy any, but it's a comfort thing.

grrrrr... i have to go to a distributor (monster beverages). on the plus, they stock a huge selection of microbrews- i like Abita TurboDog and Red Hook ESB

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:wee! post this over in pics of you thread!

Have you seen the first few pages of that thread? It's like a "I love Robert Smith and the Cure" lovefest over there. I mean, I like "Close to Me" and "Never Enough" as much as the next guy, I guess. And there's more eccentric threads, and I certainly ought not to throw stones at glass houses, seeing on how most of my posts end with the words "last psot."

Ooh, I got an idea and hopefully I can get it entered in the derby before submissions close!

PemberDucky

Staff

Jeeeez, have you ever watched yourself yawn in the mirror? Holy clusterduck, I'll never yawn in public again. I had no idea I looked like that while yawning. It's like my head is rejecting my face from the inside... I'm a monster.

ansharp

SkekTek wrote:no, they were this one. stupid woot replaced la_me with male...

I meant my boss, not your wife.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:Jeeeez, have you ever watched yourself yawn in the mirror? Holy clusterduck, I'll never yawn in public again. I had no idea I looked like that while yawning. It's like my head is rejecting my face from the inside... I'm a monster.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
no1 wrote:

sorry, that baby is actually sneezing...

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
kenney9226 wrote:

Wow, that is frggin awesome.

Still single, can't imagine why.

no1

kenney9226 wrote:

sorry, that baby is actually sneezing...

I like how the veins on the baby's head are popping out.

no1

kenney9226 wrote:

Very nice! Did you use a belt sander or just an orbital sander on the head?

no1

PemberDucky wrote:Jeeeez, have you ever watched yourself yawn in the mirror? Holy clusterduck, I'll never yawn in public again. I had no idea I looked like that while yawning. It's like my head is rejecting my face from the inside... I'm a monster.

Were you still asleep on the toilet?

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:I meant my boss, not your wife.

my wife IS my boss...

PemberDucky

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:

I'm like #1.

no1

ansharp wrote:So I've started showing some of my designs to my co-workers, and I recently told my 65-year-old boss about woot and the contests and such. She just came in and said she looked at all the shirts currently for sale by woot, and she thinks my designs are way better than all of them. Now she may be somewhat out of touch with this sort of thing, but I'll take it where I can get it. llo.

Did you just say you were "gettin' it" from your 65-year-old boss?

ansharp

no1 wrote:Did you just say you were "gettin' it" from your 65-year-old boss?

Consider yourself quoted.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:grrrrr... i have to go to a distributor (monster beverages). on the plus, they stock a huge selection of microbrews- i like Abita TurboDog and Red Hook ESB

I tend to stay away from Abita, just b/c its made in Louisiana... Red Hook is good though, especially the ESB. The grocery store is starting to add lots of microbrews... but too many are stored at room temperature and I won't buy much of anything kept at room temperature.

Ducky--no one looks good while yawning. I wonder what I look like while sneezing.... can't keep my eyes open to see.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:Were you still asleep on the toilet?

Metaphorically, I'm always asleep on the toilet.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:I tend to stay away from Abita, just b/c its made in Louisiana... Red Hook is good though, especially the ESB. The grocery store is starting to add lots of microbrews... but too many are stored at room temperature and I won't buy much of anything kept at room temperature.

Coors fan?

Been drinking a lot of Smuttynose and Magic Hat... that sounds random too!

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:
Ducky--no one looks good while yawning. I wonder what I look like while sneezing.... can't keep my eyes open to see.

Well, I mean...I see other people yawn and it looks fairly normal. It's not flattering, necessarily. They just look like they're yawning. I looked like I was about to upchuck a Volkswagen or something.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:Well, I mean...I see other people yawn and it looks fairly normal. It's not flattering, necessarily. They just look like they're yawning. I looked like I was about to upchuck a Volkswagen or something.

yawning is contagious.

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:yawning is contagious.

The cooling theory makes sense. I used to (unconsciously) yawn a lot to ward off panic attacks. I figured it was an attempt to regulate oxygen or something.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
PemberDucky wrote:The cooling theory makes sense. I used to (unconsciously) yawn a lot to ward off panic attacks. I figured it was an attempt to regulate oxygen or something.

I think I yawn in order to water my eyes because my contacts always make my eyes feel dry. Which in turn fools my brain into thinking it's tired. I should really get Lasik...

ansharp

Medical apparition am I, apparently.

shan24 wrote:I think I yawn in order to water my eyes because my contacts always make my eyes feel dry. Which in turn fools my brain into thinking it's tired. I should really get Lasik...

Same thing happens to me except I don't wear contacts. If I go for too long without my glasses, though, bring on the yawning.

shan24

But what's really weird, is I can read the WORD "yawn" and that makes me yawn. Is it just me?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

mythbusters found that, too.

I tend to yawn when I am tired. Like when I get caught up in chatting with people and don't notice it's 1am until people are commenting on the new shirt.woot and www.woot

hypothetically, at least. Thank goodness for Wednesdays when we relax after tiring Tuesdays!

and in other news, YIPPEEEEEEE entries have closed!!!

I've got wine and hard cider, and it's after 5 somewhere, right?

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
mia3mom wrote:mythbusters found that, too.

I tend to yawn when I am tired. Like when I get caught up in chatting with people and don't notice it's 1am until people are commenting on the new shirt.woot and www.woot

hypothetically, at least. Thank goodness for Wednesdays when we relax after tiring Tuesdays!

and in other news, YIPPEEEEEEE entries have closed!!!

I've got wine and hard cider, and it's after 5 somewhere, right?

Heh. I will join you in spirit, if not in spirits. Gotta go to my finance class tonight, which in itself wouldn't stop me, but I have to stop by and sign the offer letter for the new job on the way.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

no1

shan24 wrote:But what's really weird, is I can read the WORD "yawn" and that makes me yawn. Is it just me?

yawn Yes yawn. See yawn a yawn doctor yawn immediately yawn!

yawn

PemberDucky

Staff

AttilaTheMom wrote:Heh. I will join you in spirit, if not in spirits. Gotta go to my finance class tonight, which in itself wouldn't stop me, but I have to stop by and sign the offer letter for the new job on the way.

Go Mom!!! Congrats!

shan24

no1 wrote:yawn Yes yawn. See yawn a yawn doctor yawn immediately yawn!

yawn

You will not get me, no1...I refuse to yawn now...must fight it...must....fight........

SkekTek

shan24 wrote:You will not get me, no1...I refuse to yawn now...must fight it...must....fight........

i just walked home (40 min), so i'm not yawning.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Coors fan?

Been drinking a lot of Smuttynose and Magic Hat... that sounds random too!

I use coors to water my plants and they're completely fooled. I need flavor in my beer.

My yawn looks like this:

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:I use coors to water my plants and they're completely fooled. I need flavor in my beer.

My yawn looks like this:

looks more like a burp...

i wanted to submit 2 others, but was afraid of rejection:
"my other shirt is a Cho"
"my money and my designs go to Threadless"

ansharp

SkekTek wrote:i wanted to submit 2 others, but was afraid of rejection:
"my other shirt is a Cho"
"my money and my designs go to Threadless"

200% rejectable, thus...
200% awesome