Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:does this mean reptiles and snails are on the menu a lot?

I wouldn't look kindly on you eating slugs.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:I wouldn't look kindly on you eating slugs.

tasty!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:tasty!

Ahahahahahaha!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
ansharp wrote:I don't eat mammals, so this whole discussion keeps making me gag... a lot!

really?

we eat turkey bacon here. my kids don't like the fattiness of regular bacon. and when we were veg, we ate vegetarian bacon.

the original product that started this is a vegan bacon salt. no need for gagging. gaggling, but not gagging.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:tasty!

i lurve this pic

it makes me as happy as frogs on crutches in The Muppet Movie

SkekTek

oh man, 1.5 hours until the end of the derby, and i'm knocking on the door to the fog. And i'm only like 25 votes from getting printed perhaps! woo!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:really?

we eat turkey bacon here. my kids don't like the fattiness of regular bacon. and when we were veg, we ate vegetarian bacon.

the original product that started this is a vegan bacon salt. no need for gagging. gaggling, but not gagging.

Mmmm preservatives. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Josephus

mia3mom wrote:i lurve this pic

it makes me as happy as frogs on crutches in The Muppet Movie

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

vegan bacon salt sounds like the worst product in history. I watched Iron Chef Japan's beef contest the other day and I want to eat a steak so bad that it would make a vegan puke.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:

Oh dear god yes.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:vegan bacon salt sounds like the worst product in history. I watched Iron Chef Japan's beef contest the other day and I want to eat a steak so bad that it would make a vegan puke.

Beef is delicious. I like meat. *hugs packages of meat from freezer* ^_^

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:Beef is delicious. I like meat. *hugs packages of meat from freezer* ^_^

Messin with Sasquatch...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:Beef is delicious. I like meat. *hugs packages of meat from freezer* ^_^

Meat is amazing. Meat saved my life.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Schrobblehead wrote:vegan bacon salt sounds like the worst product in history. I watched Iron Chef Japan's beef contest the other day and I want to eat a steak so bad that it would make a vegan puke.

Is that the one where they had the raw beef sashimi?

Josephus

I just flashed in my head an old CSI episode with a body in the freezer.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I haven't ventured into the bacon alternatives. I've never been a huge fan of bacon anyway (unheard of, I know). The idea of vegans flavoring their food to taste like bacon is ridiculous IMO. If you need it that badly, eat some bacon.

Anecdote: One of my friends was vegan for a while. She later admitted to us that some of our other friends would slip her bacon underneath the breakfast table. For shame!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
no1 wrote:Is that the one where they had the raw beef sashimi?

No, both chef's made french cuisine, but there was lots of raw beef eaten.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Josephus

ansharp wrote:I haven't ventured into the bacon alternatives. I've never been a huge fan of bacon anyway (unheard of, I know). The idea of vegans flavoring their food to taste like bacon is ridiculous IMO. If you need it that badly, eat some bacon.

Anecdote: One of my friends was vegan for a while. She later admitted to us that some of our other friends would slip her bacon underneath the breakfast table. For shame!

I like bacon, but limit my intake except when I have tomatoes from my garden. Waiting until the end of July or start of August.

mia3mom

most bacon bits are veg, odd, but true.

I'd love bacon on a steak right now. who's buying? I'll meet you for the meat

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:No, both chef's made french cuisine, but there was lots of raw beef eaten.

raw beef is wrong. and evil.

seriously, my major vision problems are because my mom got a disease from eating raw beef while pregnant.

plus bleh. raw fish is different to me, somehow.

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Meat is amazing. Meat saved my life.

meat saved my kids, too.

or, eating enough protein helped change their behavior enough that I wanted to be with them.

turning into carnivores after so much time veg was hard, tho

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ansharp wrote:I haven't ventured into the bacon alternatives. I've never been a huge fan of bacon anyway (unheard of, I know). The idea of vegans flavoring their food to taste like bacon is ridiculous IMO. If you need it that badly, eat some bacon.

I was vegan for three years.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mia3mom wrote:raw beef is wrong. and evil.

seriously, my major vision problems are because my mom got a disease from eating raw beef while pregnant.

plus bleh. raw fish is different to me, somehow.

Some places serve raw beef in Japan. I'd trust their meat though; higher food standards than here. ^_^

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Josephus wrote:I just flashed in my head an old CSI episode with a body in the freezer.

I was thinking of Roadgames. There's one scene where there are beef parts hanging in the freezer, and the protagonist (and the viewer) is unsure if one isn't really part of a human torso.

Josephus

superspryte wrote:Some places serve raw beef in Japan. I'd trust their meat though; higher food standards than here. ^_^

I had beef sashimi at a reception in Tokushima once. It was really good.
The horse was less good. and more disturbing. and pretty much required.

mia3mom

superspryte wrote:Some places serve raw beef in Japan. I'd trust their meat though; higher food standards than here. ^_^

I'd trust the food standards more anywhere that isn't here. seriously.

I wish I was short. I'd try to fly in your suitcase. Japan is a dream destination for me.

mia3mom

Josephus wrote:I had beef sashimi at a reception in Tokushima once. It was really good.
The horse was less good. and more disturbing. and pretty much required.

I have a feeling beef sashimi in japan is much better than steak tartare in the US

the mere idea of horse is making me gag.

if anyone reading this is pregnant - they should tell you to eat your meat well done before they tell you not to change the cat litter. the former is more likely to cause toxoplasmosis than the latter

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Best raw beef I ever had was Kobe sashimi at Nobu. It was melty and wonderful. Even the big ol' bowl of raw beef I had in Paris didn't come close. Just another example of why I'd rather have a Japanese gourmet dinner than a French one. Usually I am alone on that stance.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Best raw beef I ever had was Kobe sashimi at Nobu. It was melty and wonderful. Even the big ol' bowl of raw beef I had in Paris didn't come close. Just another example of why I'd rather have Japanese gourmet dinner than a French one. Usually I am alone on that stance.

my entire family would follow you on that. even the 4 year old.

but then people have said my children's love of veggies and request for sushi birthday dinners are, um, not normal.

Most kids beg for candy at the grocery store. mine beg for sushi (and candy)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Skek is in the fog!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
PemberDucky wrote:Best raw beef I ever had was Kobe sashimi at Nobu. It was melty and wonderful. Even the big ol' bowl of raw beef I had in Paris didn't come close. Just another example of why I'd rather have a Japanese gourmet dinner than a French one. Usually I am alone on that stance.

No, not alone, I'll join you in that stance... I'll just pose different so it doesn't look too weird. <strikes a pose>

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:Skek is in the fog!

Yep, and getting carp from miffed designers too (masquerading as normal folks). Oh, whine whine, i've seen it before whine whine, not going to tattle but whine whine i hate this derby whine whine...

Hope I get 3rd too! Serve 'em all right.

Gonna eat sushi, drink booze, and party it up too.