kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:What, Rounded Arial Black not basic enough?

This shirt just reminds you of the time you didn't. Consider it a safety shirt for Manhattan Thursdays (like today!). Speaking of which, maybe I'll make one of those up too!

All I know is that people here at woot LOVE the Times New Roman font. I think we all should use it!

selli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selli
SkekTek wrote:Oh my GOD! I got the best idea ever!!! Look here for hte comp when my hard drive stops thrashing from the new PSD template (25+ meg!!!!)

Should you have it printed on the back of the shirt?

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

Obviously for the femme vote:

Comments?

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Webfoot08 wrote:Obviously for the femme vote:

Comments?

Oh dear... I'm gonna say this will get promptly rejected.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
selli wrote:Should you have it printed on the back of the shirt?

It'd be funny... don't know if woot would go for it though.

Here's my second... kenney, what do you think

Webfoot08

ansharp wrote:Oh dear... I'm gonna say this will get promptly rejected.

Too much reference to the boobsies?

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:Too much reference to the boobsies?

Yeah... they have a low tolerance for anything that resembles innuendo, the prudes...

selli

SkekTek wrote:It'd be funny... don't know if woot would go for it though.

I thought they said it could be printed on the front OR the back... but not both.

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Yeah... they have a low tolerance for anything that resembles innuendo, the prudes...

Well, carp. Too bad. I think it's cute but I'm not the judge. *sigh*

SkekTek

selli wrote:I thought they said it could be printed on the front OR the back... but not both.

If so, it'd be 10 times funnier on the back!!!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:It'd be funny... don't know if woot would go for it though.

Here's my second... kenney, what do you think

YES!!!

I'd buy a hundred woots just to vote for that sucker a hundred times!

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:Well, carp. Too bad. I think it's cute but I'm not the judge. *sigh*

Submit it anyway. What's the worst they could do? Reject it? They're not going to kick you off woot or take away your birthday...

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Webfoot08 wrote:Too much reference to the boobsies?

yeah

meanwhile, it seems like most of our family catchphrases could be misconstrued as double entendres.

"if you don't come h0me dirty, you haven't had fun"

"licking is only for dogs"

never mind the "hello-mo, I'm h0me-o"

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Webfoot08

mia3mom wrote:yeah

meanwhile, it seems like most of our family catchphrases could be misconstrued as double entendres.

"if you don't come Satellite of Love dirty, you haven't had fun"

"licking is only for dogs"

never mind the "hello-mo, I'm h0me-o"

Thanks for the laugh... these are hilarious, I'd never heard them before. Hehehe.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:If so, it'd be 10 times funnier on the back!!!

it says front OR back everywhere, and there have been entries with things on the back - weren't there wings in the tromp l'oil derby?

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Submit it anyway. What's the worst they could do? Reject it? They're not going to kick you off woot or take away your birthday...

True, and I have a backup plan.

Webfoot08

Webfoot08 wrote:True, and I have a backup plan.

"It's a square root of negative one day"???

I've forgotten my algebra 101... please to explain?

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:it says front OR back everywhere, and there have been entries with things on the back - weren't there wings in the tromp l'oil derby?

I think I was the first one to submit a design for the back of the shirt way back in the halloween derby (Edit: Derby 13, got 50 votes). It wasn't rejected then. But then again nobody wanted a biting spider on their back, however.

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:"It's a square root of negative one day"???

I've forgotten my algebra 101... please to explain?

Square root of -1 is an imaginary number, so it says "It's Imaginary Day!"

selli

SkekTek wrote:I think I was the first one to submit a design for the back of the shirt way back in the halloween derby. It wasn't rejected then. But then again nobody wanted a biting spider on their back, however.

I say go for it... in the unofficial rules thread, it says front or back, but not both. Yes, I know UNofficial, but it's the closest to the official as there is, isn't it?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
selli wrote:I say go for it... in the unofficial rules thread, it says front or back, but not both. Yes, I know UNofficial, but it's the closest to the official as there is, isn't it?

It says front or back in the official rules as well - you just can't do front AND back.

I guess it should say "front xor back" ;)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SkekTek

Sorry to be a tool, but InitialSam in the other thread makes a good point. I took down my entries until tomorrow. That way noone can nab my phrases.

ansharp

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Square root of -1 is an imaginary number, so it says "It's Imaginary Day!"

I like it!

Webfoot08

Removed.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
SkekTek wrote:Sorry to be a tool, but InitialSam in the other thread makes a good point. I took down my entries until tomorrow. That way noone can nab my phrases.

Skek, I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said, idea thieves won't put in any effort, so if your shirt took any effort, I don't think you will have a problem beating the competition.

Webfoot08

ansharp wrote:A quickie done while no one else was in the lab:

I'll probably spruce it up at Satellite of Love, but what do y'all think?

I like this - was trying to think of a way to use that phrase.... you psychic stealer! :-)

SkekTek

Webfoot- like music snob? Could be great... I'd mix up the font to make it more interesting (perhaps a different font for each letter of the first word?)

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:Sorry to be a tool, but InitialSam in the other thread makes a good point. I took down my entries until tomorrow. That way noone can nab my phrases.

I think it shows that you had the idea first, based on the post dating, but whateva works

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Webfoot- like music snob? Could be great... I'd mix up the font to make it more interesting (perhaps a different font for each letter of the first word?)

I was wondering if the font needed to be more in-your-face...tanks!

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:I think it shows that you had the idea first, based on the post dating, but whateva works

I be confused now... I liked showing them off... maybe I'll change my mind on hiding them. I'm so indecisive. I think. Maybe...

Webfoot08

Okay, that one's coming down. I like it too much to share it... :-)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:I think I was the first one to submit a design for the back of the shirt way back in the halloween derby (Edit: Derby 13, got 50 votes). It wasn't rejected then. But then again nobody wanted a biting spider on their back, however.

definitely you weren't.

I submitted Duct Tape Man in the make up a superhero contest, with a back and front design- both sides.

the next week they put in the rule that it could be front, or back, but not both.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:definitely you weren't.

I submitted Duct Tape Man in the make up a superhero contest, with a back and front design- both sides.

the next week they put in the rule that it could be front, or back, but not both.

Good to know. I wasn't really watching the entries in the first couple of derbies. I just know when I submitted it on the back, people acted like it had never been tried before. The superhero one was my first entry...

ansharp

One more hour of work... :sigh:

mia3mom

ansharp wrote:One more hour of work... :sigh:

I'll do your work for you if you'll walk up and down the steep hill to gather my 2 oldest children before the rain comes.

ansharp

mia3mom wrote:I'll do your work for you if you'll walk up and down the steep hill to gather my 2 oldest children before the rain comes.

So done!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

I'm Satellite of Love with a cold today, so I went ahead and made me entry. I'm not too concerned about idea theft.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm Satellite of Love with a cold today, so I went ahead and made me entry. I'm not too concerned about idea theft.

It's everything I've ever wanted in a shirt.

Does my room have cable?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

selli

See, I thought this derby might give non-artists (like me) a chance to a) create an entry and b) to piss off a few select people with a non-artsy entry. After seeing the few that have been posted already, I think I'm going to give up on thinkig up a slogan and putting it on a shirt. You're very welcome.

Oh, and so far the best "slogan" I cam up with was "One day I'll have a favorite slogan and won't need this shirt anymore". Yeah, I know, don't quit my day job.