superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Hey spryte, where are you getting the neat new comps? Is Cho hiding them somewhere? I'm still using the older ones...

It's a pain in the butt, *giggles*. It's only a white shirt and you have to adjust the color yourself. It was also sent to me via AIM; no idea where or if it resides on the internets.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:

You worry me sometimes.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
no1 wrote:

Sitting here laughing... thanks, I needed that.

Webfoot08

superspryte wrote:It's a pain in the butt, *giggles*. It's only a white shirt and you have to adjust the color yourself. It was also sent to me via AIM; no idea where or if it resides on the internets.

It does... he posted the link many derbies ago, I think during the Canada one. It's an AI file, I think, right?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Ok, my goal is 16 designs. Maybe more, but hopefully 16 at least. Can anybody guess why?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
eHalcyon wrote:Ok, my goal is 16 designs. Maybe more, but hopefully 16 at least. Can anybody guess why?

16 shirt colors.

edit: or you were dropped on your head as a kid.

Webfoot08

Here are the shirt comps that Mr. Cho uses. It's a download from his site:

here

Hope I did that right.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

followed by

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:Ok, my goal is 16 designs. Maybe more, but hopefully 16 at least. Can anybody guess why?

My goal was to make a design for each color before reusing any. Didn't happen.

eHalcyon

superspryte wrote:My goal was to make a design for each color before reusing any. Didn't happen.

I'll do my best.

Faipang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Faipang

what do you guys think?

Webfoot08

Faipang wrote:what do you guys think?

It could be that you're English or Canadian, and spell it differently, but isn't it defenSe? With an S? Plus I don't get the meaning of the third one.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Webfoot08 wrote:It could be that you're English or Canadian, and spell it differently, but isn't it defenSe? With an S? Plus I don't get the meaning of the third one.

That is the worldwide spelling. But since most Woot buyers are in the US, it should probably be spelled with an S.

eHalcyon

Webfoot08 wrote:It could be that you're English or Canadian, and spell it differently, but isn't it defenSe? With an S? Plus I don't get the meaning of the third one.

It's a gaming joke. Equipment grants you +5 (or another number) to some stat. That third shirt is going to get rejected though, because there already exist many, many shirts with that phrase.

Webfoot08

eHalcyon wrote:It's a gaming joke. Equipment grants you +5 (or another number) to some stat. That third shirt is going to get rejected though, because there already exist many, many shirts with that phrase.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Ok - so here goes nothing
we'll see if i can post them in time tomorrow

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Fixed my shirt so it has an apostrophe. If you care I changed the comp. Otherwise, you'll see it tomorrow.

Here's a science geeky entry...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Because I guessed 17? Or because you want one on every colored shirt?

SkekTek

Well, this blows. I'm gonna be stuck in graduation, in the rain, when the Derby opens tomorrow. So maybe I'll be several hours late and avoid the rush at the start. Though I think that the winner's going to be one of the first 10 submitted.

The problem is I think woot's going to have 1000's of designs this time. Night all.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:Well, this blows. I'm gonna be stuck in graduation, in the rain, when the Derby opens tomorrow. So maybe I'll be several hours late and avoid the rush at the start. Though I think that the winner's going to be one of the first 10 submitted.

The problem is I think woot's going to have 1000's of designs this time. Night all.

yeah. I'm in the car all day tomorrow. Perhaps making 8 shirts tonight is goofy if they can't be submitted until friday night at the earliest

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Patchitect wrote:Ok - so here goes nothing
we'll see if i can post them in time tomorrow

I like them patch

but the 2 p's in the 1st one run together. it looks like "carve" at first to me, not "carpe"

and carving up children is frowned upon, I hear.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:Because I guessed 17? Or because you want one on every colored shirt?

I thought you guessed 18.

@Patchitect - I think your first shirt alienates the heterosexual male demographic. How about "seize the fish" ?

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Well, I fell asleep as soon as I got Satellite of Love and slept until 10:00, so only two for tonight. (I thought of a third just before I fell asleep, but alas, I forgot it!) Criticisms (or witticisms) welcome!

That Certain Something:

Sorry, no enlightenment from me today:

@Spryte: I love the doppler shirt. So clever and so red. Mjc should be happy (if her husband will wear it.)

G'night all. Hopefully I'll dream in witty phrases.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

ansharp wrote:Well, I fell asleep as soon as I got Satellite of Love and slept until 10:00, so only two for tonight. (I thought of a third just before I fell asleep, but alas, I forgot it!) Criticisms (or witticisms) welcome!

*snip*

@Spryte: I love the doppler shirt. So clever and so red. Mjc should be happy (if her husband will wear it.)

G'night all. Hopefully I'll dream in witty phrases.

Thanks! Ducky could also use it for Lurker, although she's no longer working near him. Were it to win (ha!) I'd send one to my high school physics teacher. He'd be surprised but I think he'd be inwardly pleased.

eHalcyon

superspryte wrote:Thanks! Ducky could also use it for Lurker, although she's no longer working near him. Were it to win (ha!) I'd send one to my high school physics teacher. He'd be surprised but I think he'd be inwardly pleased.

superspryte, were you aware of the filter on "fas.cist"?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:superspryte, were you aware of the filter on "fas.cist"?

Yes. We had a troll who kept calling me that so I had them put a filter. I didn't pick what it said though. ^_^;

SkekTek

Yay! Its raining! Means they move graduation inside, and at 2 PM... Shirt deadlines will be met! Wow, my life revolves around shirt.woot.. :O

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
SkekTek wrote:Yay! Its raining! Means they move graduation inside, and at 2 PM... Shirt deadlines will be met! Wow, my life revolves around shirt.woot.. :O

This will be a depressing derby. I think my witty sayings are most creative, and I am fairly sure that the voting public will prove me wrong.

If you can't dazzle them with quality, confuse them with quantity, I sometimes say.

Perhaps I will hold out on my single vote for myself for the middle of the night so that my one vote can push me into the New Hotness!

Has there been much talk about if/how the "scam hot voting repair' might change things?

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:Yay! Its raining! Means they move graduation inside, and at 2 PM... Shirt deadlines will be met! Wow, my life revolves around shirt.woot.. :O

I've got an appointment right when submissions open and I hadn't realized it until just a couple of hours ago. I'm going to try to get it changed.

@kenney: Quantity > quality.

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:This will be a depressing derby. I think my witty sayings are most creative, and I am fairly sure that the voting public will prove me wrong.

If you can't dazzle them with quality, confuse them with quantity, I sometimes say.

Perhaps I will hold out on my single vote for myself for the middle of the night so that my one vote can push me into the New Hotness!

Has there been much talk about if/how the "scam hot voting repair' might change things?

The derby will favor the person that has the fanciest font, or the most basic. I expect about 100 "I haz" sayings, and 100 "I love cheese" type entries. This derby will have the most entries ever, and I bet woot's servers will crash with all the submitted AI/PSD files flooding into the system.

I have a lot of work to do, so I'm not going to be following everyone else's lead and doing 20-30... I'll be submitting 2-3 today. More may follow, but that's all I can think of right now. The other phrase I'm working on is "No, gramma, playing with my X-Box isn't dirty..."

No on the voting repair, but I'd hold off on voting on your design (especially if you have more than one vote you put down) until later, when it'll count. Everyone will vote early to get their designs up in the standings, then they'll be stuck.

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:The derby will favor the person that has the fanciest font, or the most basic. I expect about 100 "I haz" sayings, and 100 "I love cheese" type entries. This derby will have the most entries ever, and I bet woot's servers will crash with all the submitted AI/PSD files flooding into the system.

I have a lot of work to do, so I'm not going to be following everyone else's lead and doing 20-30... I'll be submitting 2-3 today. More may follow, but that's all I can think of right now. The other phrase I'm working on is "No, gramma, playing with my X-Box isn't dirty..."

No on the voting repair, but I'd hold off on voting on your design (especially if you have more than one vote you put down) until later, when it'll count. Everyone will vote early to get their designs up in the standings, then they'll be stuck.

I think I'm going to start doing super basic ones now... not that any of mine have been complex at all. Almost done all the colours!

I don't think I'll get to 30. 20 almost certainly though.

I've hand-lettered a few, but they're basic as well. I can't draw text. XP

And I also forgot to say - good morning cyberpub! I got 2.5 hours of non-sleep.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

So will this get rejected?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Schrobblehead wrote:So will this get rejected?

I like it, but typically my endorsements are the kiss of death on derby entries. Is that how you spell those two words? I have only listened to the HP books on CD, so I don't know how any of the names are spelled.

eHalcyon

kenney9226 wrote:I like it, but typically my endorsements are the kiss of death on derby entries. Is that how you spell those two words? I have only listened to the HP books on CD, so I don't know how any of the names are spelled.

For shame. Audio books are bad for literacy.

Someone make that a shirt.

Schrobblehead

kenney9226 wrote:I like it, but typically my endorsements are the kiss of death on derby entries. Is that how you spell those two words? I have only listened to the HP books on CD, so I don't know how any of the names are spelled.

Tbey are spelled correctly.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Schrobblehead wrote:So will this get rejected?

I love it but it doesn't look like a slogan to me.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

eHalcyon

AttilaTheMom wrote:I love it but it doesn't look like a slogan to me.

Good morning!

I retract my "make that shirt" comment; I'll do it myself to fill up another colour...

Schrobblehead

AttilaTheMom wrote:I love it but it doesn't look like a slogan to me.

I know. It would be rejected for other reasons. I'm just trying to entertain myself. Slogan shirts usually suck.

eHalcyon

Schrobblehead wrote:I know. It would be rejected for other reasons. I'm just trying to entertain myself. Slogan shirts usually suck.

Create stock graphics for future derbies. :D

Schrobblehead

eHalcyon wrote:Create stock graphics for future derbies. :D

How about this? I haven't checked to see if its already been made: