+ Add a Comment

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dekonstruct wrote:I tried really hard to think of a good innuendo, and all I could think of was "raisinettes"... I 'spose if you squint real hard, perhaps skin could be an innuendo.

I'm starting to think I should have went with spleen...

Both good! I'm a total dekonstruct fangirl...you could put 'knife-fight wounds' and I'd still be like, "I'd want one".
For what it's worth, I think 'skin' will be just as effective at the bar. Lord knows I won't wear it to work, because then Lurky will be all, "lulz skin, eh? heh heh heh."
GOD he's like a thousand scorpions stinging my soul.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
PemberDucky wrote:Both good! I'm a total dekonstruct fangirl...you could put 'knife-fight wounds' and I'd still be like, "I'd want one".
For what it's worth, I think 'skin' will be just as effective at the bar. Lord knows I won't wear it to work, because then Lurky will be all, "lulz skin, eh? heh heh heh."
GOD he's like a thousand scorpions stinging my soul.

Oh man... knife fight wounds would have been awesome... or just "battle scars" because sometimes people refer to the vagin-a as an axe wound... not me, but some people.

This is where I hide my battle scars

drat.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

I'm Worn (I'm Distressed)
Imperial Garb (Emperor's Old Clothes)
Tube Powers (I injure people over teh intarwebz)
Kiwi Kiwi - my description is a poem; go read!
Verbatim ("Don't quote me on this." - Anonymous)
No More (I dream of a world sans comic sans) - NOT in comic sans
Comma Splice (Don't make me, splice you)
Impromptu (Let's spontaneously plan something)
Feelin' Hot (This shirt is really warm) - on black
[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=16301]Finding the Integral of Optimus Prime[/url (Laplace Transformers are Functions in Disguise)

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
ansharp wrote:I had unintentional innuendo, and it got rejected. I don't think "mosquito bites" would fly.

Am I a little bitter? Uhh, yes.

I think they are just just weeding out the ones they have some problem with. Hotel Hell got rejected b/c "Not PG-13". I totally expected it to be rejected, but not for THAT reason.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

All four of mine got rejected, so I did an OPEC one.

Didn't find any like it on Google, so who knows, maybe it'll stick.

Gotta laugh, or you'll cry, eh?

PemberDucky

Staff

dekonstruct wrote:Oh man... knife fight wounds would have been awesome... or just "battle scars" because sometimes people refer to the vagin-a as an axe wound... not me, but some people.

This is where I hide my battle scars

drat.

I just found out about 'axe wound' the other day. That same day, I heard 'gash'. I llo'd. Then I grimaced.

There's still time for knife-fight wounds/battle scars/xyz!!! No drat!

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:All four of mine got rejected, so I did an OPEC one.

Didn't find any like it on Google, so who knows, maybe it'll stick.

Gotta laugh, or you'll cry, eh?

You could make a shirt that says "Joel is a I love superspryte!"

It will get rejected for being woot related, but at least it would be funny (a little)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Webfoot08

Schrobblehead wrote:You could make a shirt that says "Joel is a I love superspryte!"

It will get rejected for being woot related, but at least it would be funny (a little)

There's a filter on f-a-s-c-i-s-t.

I'm going to do "I'm not a geek, I'm a keyboard ninja."

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
PemberDucky wrote:I just found out about 'axe wound' the other day. That same day, I heard 'gash'. I llo'd. Then I grimaced.

There's still time for knife-fight wounds/battle scars/xyz!!! No drat!

Not for me, I've got cartoons to draw, and an apartment to pack up once I get Satellite of Love from work.

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:There's a filter on f-a-s-c-i-s-t.

That's exactly my point. I typed out "I love superspryte!" intentionally. My point was that you'd be saying words that don't mean anything bad unless you know about the filter.

Webfoot08

Schrobblehead wrote:That's exactly my point. I typed out "I love superspryte!" intentionally. My point was that you'd be saying words that don't mean anything bad unless you know about the filter.

Oh, duh. I get it now!

I think I'll amend my idea to say "I'm not a computer geek, I'm a keyboard ninja." There are degrees and categories of geekness, or so I understand.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

How quickly do you think "My je ne sais quoi is a big stick." would get rejected for unintentional irreverence?

Everything I think of can be interpreted wrongly. I must have a dirty mind...

Webfoot08

ansharp wrote:How quickly do you think "My je ne sais quoi is a big stick." would get rejected for unintentional irreverence?

Everything I think of can be interpreted wrongly. I must have a dirty mind...

Oh no! I didn't think that was off-color at all! They're hypersensitive, I think. Bunch of puritans!

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:Oh no! I didn't think that was off-color at all! They're hypersensitive, I think. Bunch of puritans!

And yet the "I wish we were on a team so I could pat your butt" shirt remains. If they wanted kid friendly they shouldn't have asked for slogan shirts. The few that I like (almost all on busted tees) are not kid friendly.

eHalcyon

Schrobblehead wrote:And yet the "I wish we were on a team so I could pat your butt" shirt remains. If they wanted kid friendly they shouldn't have asked for slogan shirts. The few that I like (almost all on busted tees) are not kid friendly.

It'll probably disappear soon enough. Give joel some credit - he has a lot of carp to wade through. Too bad he isn't a fisherman.

Schrobblehead

eHalcyon wrote:It'll probably disappear soon enough. Give joel some credit - he has a lot of carp to wade through. Too bad he isn't a fisherman.

No kidding. shirtderbystats showed over 100 rejections last time I looked.

ansharp

eHalcyon wrote:It'll probably disappear soon enough. Give joel some credit - he has a lot of carp to wade through. Too bad he isn't a fisherman.

He must hate himself right now, or at least the person who suggested this awful theme. He most certainly hates us right now.

At least they never have to print a slogan shirt again if they don't want to. That's the light at the end of this looooong tunnel.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Okay, rejecterator hates me today:

The on your back was rejected for not being PG-13, and I think it IS PG-13, not PG.
The It's Imaginary day was rejected since Joel thought it wasn't a slogan,
The "if you can read this then you are IT" design was rejected because they had a name badge IT before.

So I got 2 in the derby unless I think of more. I'll see if I can get the rejecterator badge on derby stats...

eHalcyon

ansharp

SkekTek wrote:Okay, rejecterator hates me today:

The on your back was rejected for not being PG-13, and I think it IS PG-13, not PG.
The It's Imaginary day was rejected since Joel thought it wasn't a slogan,
The "if you can read this then you are IT" design was rejected because they had a name badge IT before.

So I got 2 in the derby unless I think of more. I'll see if I can get the rejecterator badge on derby stats...

Welcome to the madness, Skek. How was graduation?

Schrobblehead

Hey, one of mine actually has a few votes. You can help me feel better (I have a cold) by voting!

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:Welcome to the madness, Skek. How was graduation?

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. It's depressing when, out of ~90 Psych graduates, you are one of three faculty greeting the graduates as they get off the stage. There are ~20 full time faculty. Sad.

On the positive, Bio folks were mostly there, and I got to say goodbye to a lot of former students. Bit sad, actually.

Hey! My tire design is 8th!!! Wow!

ansharp

SkekTek wrote:Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. It's depressing when, out of ~90 Psych graduates, you are one of three faculty greeting the graduates as they get off the stage. There are ~20 full time faculty. Sad.

On the positive, Bio folks were mostly there, and I got to say goodbye to a lot of former students. Bit sad, actually.

Ouch. Makes the students feel really special, I'm sure. Did the rain at least let up? Turns out we had graduation here today, and luckily the sun came out just beforehand.

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:Ouch. Makes the students feel really special, I'm sure. Did the rain at least let up? Turns out we had graduation here today, and luckily the sun came out just beforehand.

A bit, but it was in the packed gym, which is one of those 30-year old gyms with the rickety bleachers and poorly painted cinderblock walls.

ansharp

SkekTek wrote:A bit, but it was in the packed gym, which is one of those 30-year old gyms with the rickety bleachers and poorly painted cinderblock walls.

Ooh... classy!

In other news, the "Team" shirt finally got rejected.

eHalcyon

ansharp wrote:Ooh... classy!

As did my "Cover Yourself Up". :P Joel did say it was a nice try.

Schrobblehead

I'm so tired I just put splenda in my ramen noodles instead of my tea. It tastes really weird.

SkekTek

ansharp wrote:Ooh... classy!

So that's how I got to 7th with only 1 extra vote!

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm so tired I just put splenda in my ramen noodles instead of my tea. It tastes really weird.

Schrobble, do you need a pillow and some quiet time on a carpet square?

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Schrobble, do you need a pillow and some quiet time on a carpet square?

Yeah I better put down my safety scissors and circle of paper and take a nap.

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

Anybody else having server problems trying to get the derby page to load? And my entry seems to not want to upload too. I guess they are swamped with the gazillions of entries this time around.

PemberDucky

Staff

Hey, scissors can be dangerous. In fact, only the day before yesterday I stabbed myself in the hand with a pair.
Of course, I was an i.diot for thinking I could juggle scissors.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

geez. I can't see the derby at all. when it was loading, it wouldn't show the rejected shirts at all, and the normal page organization was all frakked up. all the entries show up, each on top of the one before it. sux.

but now it just crashes, and won't load at all.

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:Hey, scissors can be dangerous. In fact, only the day before yesterday I stabbed myself in the hand with a pair.
Of course, I was an i.diot for thinking I could juggle scissors.

Have you seen that video on youtube where the dude throws scissors at his roomate and they stick in his arm?

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Have you seen that video on youtube where the dude throws scissors at his roomate and they stick in his arm?

No, but I'll bet it takes place in my house.
In fact, I probably live with the guy.

Josephus

Schrobblehead wrote:No kidding. shirtderbystats showed over 100 rejections last time I looked.

how do you see the rejections on shirtderbystats?

Schrobblehead

Josephus wrote:how do you see the rejections on shirtderbystats?

This page shows total rejected entries. Currently at 127.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
ansharp wrote:
EDIT: Oh no! My first rejection for "Je ne sais quoi"! And it wasn't meant to be dirty! I would never... I call shenanigans!

I've had 2 rejected today. I guess that's a milestone.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Schrobblehead

PemberDucky wrote:No, but I'll bet it takes place in my house.
In fact, I probably live with the guy.

Anything weirder happen than the lurking roommate?

Josephus

Schrobblehead wrote:This page shows total rejected entries. Currently at 127.

oh, yeah, I realize that now. I was thinking it showed the rejected shirts. doesn't though.