+ Add a Comment

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
shan24 wrote:

Please vote!

love em both, shan!

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

mia3mom

eHalcyon wrote:[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=15154]

wow, you did a ton! I hope you can get some sleep someday.

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Both good! I'm a total dekonstruct fangirl...you could put 'knife-fight wounds' and I'd still be like, "I'd want one".
For what it's worth, I think 'skin' will be just as effective at the bar. Lord knows I won't wear it to work, because then Lurky will be all, "lulz skin, eh? heh heh heh."
GOD he's like a thousand scorpions stinging my soul.

I'm right there with you. Heck, i even comment on the comics...

This is sad, being a t-shirt designer fangirl..

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:No kidding. shirtderbystats showed over 100 rejections last time I looked.

22% last time I checked. so it makes sense to lose 2/8 for me.

woot being broken isn't so good, tho

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Anything weirder happen than the lurking roommate?

I'm still so glad he's not in that house anymore. Hubs has been out of town these past couple of nights and it's really nice not to feel like I need to barricade myself in the bedroom.

Nothing weird, really. We are an eclectic group in that house so we find interesting ways to occupy ourselves, not the least of which was the epic arm-wrestling tournament. That was fun.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
mia3mom wrote:22% last time I checked. so it makes sense to lose 2/8 for me.

woot being broken isn't so good, tho

Yeah, I can't get there to do my last submission. Drat.

This is a good day for the rejectinator.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
PemberDucky wrote:I'm still so glad he's not in that house anymore. Hubs has been out of town these past couple of nights and it's really nice not to feel like I need to barricade myself in the bedroom.

Nothing weird, really. We are an eclectic group in that house so we find interesting ways to occupy ourselves, not the least of which was the epic arm-wrestling tournament. That was fun.

Did you win? (bulging muscles actually work?)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Webfoot08

mia3mom wrote:I've had 2 rejected today. I guess that's a milestone.

I've had five rejected today. I'm annoyed. Guess I'll have to bake some more bread.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. It's depressing when, out of ~90 Psych graduates, you are one of three faculty greeting the graduates as they get off the stage. There are ~20 full time faculty. Sad.

On the positive, Bio folks were mostly there, and I got to say goodbye to a lot of former students. Bit sad, actually.

Hey! My tire design is 8th!!! Wow!

graduation from college made me much more sad than glad. high school was sad.

I politely decline invitations, tho - they are looooong

tire is 7th now I think. like the hippocampus one, too.

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:I've had five rejected today. I'm annoyed. Guess I'll have to bake some more bread.

I'm not far behind you.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

mia3mom

PemberDucky wrote:Hey, scissors can be dangerous. In fact, only the day before yesterday I stabbed myself in the hand with a pair.
Of course, I was an i.diot for thinking I could juggle scissors.

llo

I've actually had to say "don't run with scissors" and "don't play with matches" "don't lick your sister" isn't one I could use as a slogan this week, though.

unsupervised scissors here tend to = unplanned haircuts

Maybe adult roomies would be better? hmmm - anyone up for a trade?

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong. It's depressing when, out of ~90 Psych graduates, you are one of three faculty greeting the graduates as they get off the stage. There are ~20 full time faculty. Sad.

On the positive, Bio folks were mostly there, and I got to say goodbye to a lot of former students. Bit sad, actually.

Hey! My tire design is 8th!!! Wow!

It's a good design, funny and succinct. I'd buy one as a gift for my nephew. He'd get the joke - he was very seriously injured in a car crash a few years ago, but he's such a great kid, with a wonderful sense of humor. He would absolutely love that shirt, just love it.

PemberDucky

Staff

Schrobblehead wrote:Did you win? (bulging muscles actually work?)

Yeah, I won a couple of times with the left arm (I'm left-handed). Righty wasn't as good, although still respectable. Two of the housemates don't really exercise much, and I'm fairly certain I weigh more than one of 'em. Hubs laid the smackdown on everybody.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
mia3mom wrote:graduation from college made me much more sad than glad. high school was sad.

I politely decline invitations, tho - they are looooong

tire is 7th now I think. like the hippocampus one, too.

Yeah, tire is doing well. And the hippocampus one is one of my better ones. I will try to enter one tonight: "Go ahead, impress me: Quote Monty Python Again"

Webfoot08

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm not far behind you.

You're baking bread?

I'm kidding. I've been thick-headed today, though.

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:You're baking bread?

I'm kidding. I've been thick-headed today, though.

No, I meant literally. turn around.

mwah ha ha ha ha!

Webfoot08

mia3mom wrote:llo

I've actually had to say "don't run with scissors" and "don't play with matches" "don't lick your sister" isn't one I could use as a slogan this week, though.

unsupervised scissors here tend to = unplanned haircuts

Maybe adult roomies would be better? hmmm - anyone up for a trade?

I did the haircut thing twice as a kid. My mother nearly murdered me both times - it was right before school pictures two years in a row. Now we laugh, but she was in despair at the time. I was a bad kid sometimes.

Webfoot08

Schrobblehead wrote:No, I meant literally. turn around.

mwah ha ha ha ha!

Well, you're sitting on my cat then. Ha.

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:Well, you're sitting on my cat then. Ha.

Mreowfch!!!!

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:Yeah, tire is doing well. And the hippocampus one is one of my better ones. I will try to enter one tonight: "Go ahead, impress me: Quote Monty Python Again"

llo

so far my top 2 would be your tire and zenne' spy. lots of competition for 3rd tho. besides this great silverware entry of course

SkekTek

mia3mom wrote:llo

so far my top 2 would be your tire and zenne' spy. lots of competition for 3rd tho. besides this great silverware entry of course

It's amazine even being up near the top, considering we're over 400 entries already.

Webfoot08

Okay, these are my two. You may vote for them if your conscience tells you to do so.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=15340

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=15414

I'm going around voting for all of yours... it's quite a tour!

Schrobblehead

I thought the derby was working again, and then when I tried to resort by votes it went all crazy.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

EAT A PITA is apparently advertising something and was rejected? Twice?! How is it an ad? I drew up the fancy "P" all by myself. If anything, I'm promoting a healthy lifestyle.

And The McKane Funeral Service's slogan "You'll be dying to meet us" was rejected as OFF TOPIC!! It's a slogan!! Totally on topic if anything ever was, I say.

Someone please tattle on my FIREPROOF entry so that it can be rejected as well.

I QUIT!!!

Webfoot08

Schrobblehead wrote:I thought the derby was working again, and then when I tried to resort by votes it went all crazy.

I like the camouflage one. My friend were sitting in a bar some years back and some GIs came in, wearing camo. They wanted to talk to us but we paid no attention to them for a few minutes, then acted shocked and said "Wow, we didn't see you. Must be the camouflage."

They did a lot of hardee-har-har to that.

Webfoot08

kenney9226 wrote:EAT A PITA is apparently advertising something and was rejected? Twice?! How is it an ad? I drew up the fancy "P" all by myself. If anything, I'm promoting a healthy lifestyle.

And The McKane Funeral Service's slogan "You'll be dying to meet us" was rejected as OFF TOPIC!! It's a slogan!! Totally on topic if anything ever was, I say.

I QUIT!!!

They're being quite the little biotches today, aren't they? I don't like Woot very much right now, either. Here, have some nice homemade bread and honey butter.

PemberDucky

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:EAT A PITA is apparently advertising something and was rejected? Twice?! How is it an ad? I drew up the fancy "P" all by myself. If anything, I'm promoting a healthy lifestyle.

I QUIT!!!

I don't understand the off-topic rejection. This is getting pretty absurd.

SkekTek

I QUIT!!!

Wrong thread, by the way. But yeah, the imaginary day was considered not a slogan either.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:Wrong thread, by the way. But yeah, the imaginary day was considered not a slogan either.

Did you see that your xbox entry was rejected? They are getting picky.

Schrobblehead

Webfoot08 wrote:I like the camouflage one. My friend were sitting in a bar some years back and some GIs came in, wearing camo. They wanted to talk to us but we paid no attention to them for a few minutes, then acted shocked and said "Wow, we didn't see you. Must be the camouflage."

They did a lot of hardee-har-har to that.

Thanks. I really wanted the text to be completely readable so that it would be kinda dumb. Like camo can really hide anything. But then it did make it hard to read.

I hate that this derby requires wit. Because mine's dim right now.

Webfoot08

Ooh, I just thought of something a friend always used to say. (He's a practicing Hindu from India and thinks Americans are all over-emotional about everything.)

"Drama, drama, drama instead of Rama, Rama, Rama."

In a slightly exotic font, that could be a good one, don't you think?

EDIT: Maybe "Less drama, drama, drama, more Rama, Rama, Rama"

I dunno. Too tired to think right now.

SkekTek

Schrobblehead wrote:Did you see that your xbox entry was rejected? They are getting picky.

I never found it again after I submitted it. Why? Because of the innuendo? OR because X-box is copyright?

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Lost at sea, so I thought I'd advertise:

SkekTek

bluchez wrote:Lost at sea, so I thought I'd advertise:

Nice!

I got another one I'm working on for late tonight "Love flies out the door when money comes innuendo"

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Nice!

I got another one I'm working on for late tonight "Love flies out the door when money comes innuendo"

I thought innuendos were Italian suppositories.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

Clicky to vote.

Schrobblehead

SkekTek wrote:I never found it again after I submitted it. Why? Because of the innuendo? OR because X-box is copyright?

They said, "when you say it like that it is" of something like that.

mia3mom

SkekTek wrote:I never found it again after I submitted it. Why? Because of the innuendo? OR because X-box is copyright?

innuendo. they said "when you say it like that it does sound dirty" or something similar

(oldest *loves* reading rejections, so that was a fun one, hence why I remember)

mia3mom

OK, My entries have been narrowed down since I created them (ah, poor sad rejected ones, which should actually include 2 more...)

So, here we go for your voting pleasure:

Alien Foot:

When is a door not a door? When it's ajar! So when is a foot not a foot? When it's an alien masquerading as your foot.
(props to my 4yo for the phrase)

Want More Bacon!

Why should you have to stop eating your yummy breakfast just to ask for more bacon? Wear the shirt, instead!

Kiss me

So, does "Kiss me, I'm Irish" not work for you? Is it too perky? Instead, impress all your goth friends with this "Kiss me, I'm a Vampire" shirt!

Big Dipper

Welcome to the Big Dipper Bar! Serving the best in celestial spirits!

Bean Dip

What should you do if you're at a party and a guest brings up politics, religion, or another uncomfortable topic? Just smile and pass the bean dip, of course!

Apathy & Irony

There are subtle differences between Apathy and Irony. If you don't try, it's Apathy. If you win, it's Irony. get it? got it? good.

Fricassee
In the children's novel "Caddie Woodlawn", one of the boys needs to recite "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again". After he is teased by his brother, he ends up saying "if at first you don't fricassee, fry, fry a hen".

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
mia3mom wrote:I'm right there with you. Heck, i even comment on the comics...

This is sad, being a t-shirt designer fangirl..

I don't know what I did to deserve fans or even a fangirl for that matter, but I guess I could live with that. ;)