+ Add a Comment

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Webfoot08 wrote:I thought innuendos were Italian suppositories.

If they are, the shirt's gonna be rejectorated. Don't jinx it...

Good news! I have at least three designs that survived for >6 hours without being rejected! Woohoo!!!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
SkekTek wrote:If they are, the shirt's gonna be rejectorated. Don't jinx it...

Good news! I have at least three designs that survived for >6 hours without being rejected! Woohoo!!!

and there is much rejoicing!

I'm working on a shirt to go with my vampire one...

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
SkekTek wrote:If they are, the shirt's gonna be rejectorated. Don't jinx it...

Your tire tread one is doing well. That's great!

On another note:

I stopped by to complain about the insensitive and really pretty assholean thing that the rejection crew put on my "indie fascist" submission when they rejected it.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=14908

I wrote a rebuttal, but I'm still so discombobulated and just plain mad about it, that I wrote to them and told them to cancel my account, that I'll never buy another thing from them. There's no excuse for that horrible remark they made. Fascism in and of itself is not necessarily connected to Nazism.

It's been lovely, I have enjoyed my time here, you're all examples of the best of the best of the interwebs, and I bid you a chagrined farewell. I can't stay on a site where people are treated like this. It's not worth it.

I've been finding e-card design contests on the 'net and will be participating in those instead of t-shirt design. This just isn't the place for me.

Y'all take care! I hope there are many happy first place wins ahead of all of you.

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:Your tire tread one is doing well. That's great!

On another note:

I stopped by to complain about the insensitive and really pretty assholean thing that the rejection crew put on my "indie fascist" submission when they rejected it.

I wrote a rebuttal, but I'm still so discombobulated and just plain mad about it, that I wrote to them and told them to cancel my account, that I'll never buy another thing from them. There's no excuse for that horrible remark they made. Fascism in and of itself is not necessarily connected to Nazism.

It's been lovely, I have enjoyed my time here, you're all examples of the best of the best of the interwebs, and I bid you a chagrined farewell. I can't stay on a site where people are treated like this. It's not worth it.

I've been finding e-card design contests on the 'net and will be participating in those instead of t-shirt design. This just isn't the place for me.

Y'all take care! I hope there are many happy first place wins ahead of all of you.

I'm sorry to see you go. You must realize that the rejector has been working overtime, and apparently has lost his/her sense of humor. I think the gut reaction was to the word Fascism by itself, and a misunderstanding of fascism, Nazism, and nationalism. Of course, if you had written Indie Snob, it'd probably be still in the derby and doing ok. That doesn't condone the use of Godwin's law, which is specifically aimed at Tom Servo references, which this was not.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Webfoot08 wrote:Your tire tread one is doing well. That's great!

On another note:

Aw. Well if you come back to read anything, best of luck to you out there in the cold cruel webworld.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

mia3mom

I'm up way to farking late, but here's my proud, proud work:

My Other Dog Is a Werewolf

Are you walking a poodle, and worried it isn't manly enough? Or are you an emo girl who has to walk her mom's maltese? Either way, it's always fun to have a werewolf. Or a werewolf shirt.

Best, of course, if worn next to someone wearing Kiss Me, I'm a Vampire

I'll check in on everyone tomorrow. or later today

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

ok, posting over here for those who avoid the derby thread.

g'night all.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
mia3mom wrote:Are you walking a poodle, and worried it isn't manly enough?

YES! goldendoodles look girly too

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

Fans of red shirts unite! If you dig it, please vote for it. Thanks!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Good morning, all. I stopped in to check if the madness had calmed down since yesterday evening. Verdict: not at all. I'm kind of glad I'm out of town spending the weekend with the boy's parents. I would go nuts if I spent all weekend on here. (As if I weren't already crazy enough.)

Schrobblehead

I made a new shirt template because I didn't like how the "Real-Tee" template is slightly turned. There is currently no women's size, but it is formated to be ready to be used as a comp file (600x600). I matched the colors to woot's new template. The baby blue is off a tiny bit, but I think it looks good. If you want a higher resolution template I also uploaded one with the original resolution.

Shirt Template PSD File (600x600)
Shirt Template PDF File (600x600)
Shirt Template PSD File (Max res)

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
lunchboxbrain wrote:Fans of red shirts unite! If you dig it, please vote for it. Thanks!

Your link is correct, but when I click on it, it takes me to the official derby thread page where you also posted this. Weird. Anyway, +1.

Schrobblehead

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
mia3mom wrote:love em both, shan!

Thanks, mia!

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:I made a new shirt template because I didn't like how the "Real-Tee" template is slightly turned. There is currently no women's size, but it is formated to be ready to be used as a comp file (600x600). I matched the colors to woot's new template. The baby blue is off a tiny bit, but I think it looks good. If you want a higher resolution template I also uploaded one with the original resolution.

thank you dear schrobblehead! I am forever in your debt. the flat t-shirts look easier to slap on the design. The curved templates made me try to figure out how to curve my text.

Schrobblehead

mia3mom wrote:thank you dear schrobblehead! I am forever in your debt. the flat t-shirts look easier to slap on the design. The curved templates made me try to figure out how to curve my text.

No problem. I was hoping it would be much simpler to slap the design on a flat shirt. I haven't actually submitted anything on it yet.

SkekTek

Hi folks, how the rejector been treating you lately?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Hi folks, how the rejector been treating you lately?

Didn't you have a entry that spiraled around?
I voted for a shirt like that and I can't find it anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Didn't you have a entry that spiraled around?
I voted for a shirt like that and I can't find it anymore.

Yes, I did:

And some new ones:

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

9 votes?!?!?????? How the heck am I going to buy it with only 9 votes?????????????

OK, I can get you to 11.

If you ever print it, let me know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dontwantaname wrote:9 votes?!?!?????? How the heck am I going to buy it with only 9 votes?????????????

OK, I can get you to 11.

If you ever print it, let me know.

try the soylent green. It's good with a little garlic and soy sauce. ;^)

namewasbad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namewasbad
Josephus wrote:try the soylent green. It's good with a little garlic and soy sauce. ;^)

I was looking for you to find your links!
You don't post much anymore.

Josephus

namewasbad wrote:I was looking for you to find your links!
You don't post much anymore.

power went off 10 times or so yesterday. laptop is broken. too much computer sharing going on. spending time outside. gasp!

Schrobblehead

I made two new ones. I'm pandering to both crowds, but I figured you have to fit into one of these categories.

mia3mom

Schrobblehead wrote:I made two new ones. I'm pandering to both crowds, but I figured you have to fit into one of these categories.

nice. I like that font, it's a lot of fun.

pandering to voters can really work.

in my world, I have two in the top 100, and one close to the top 50. I haven't finished above 121, so if you could toss a vote toward
My Other Dog Is a Werewolf

or

Want More Bacon!

I'd be thrilled. Sure, you can have more cowbell, but you can never have too much bacon or werewolves!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Hi guys, I'm popping in to promote Thor:

I really like Thor :D

Btw, thanks for posting those shirt comps Scrobble- next time I do a heather gray entry, I think I'm using your shirt. Looks great!

SkekTek

I think my award this week will be for Best Rejected Design. There will be lots to choose from

Josephus

anyone know where superspryte is? I have a label from Japan I'm hoping to get translated. Anyone else can translate it?
I think it was from a restaurant.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

VOTE!!!

Voted!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez

Well, since I fell out of the fog, I thought it was time for some begging.

Thanks for all the already votes and thanks in advance for future ones.

Josephus

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
killingtime wrote:

VOTE!!!

Voted for your design, sweet girl.

tennbeekeeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennbeekeeper
Raining wrote:Voted for your design, sweet girl.

I voted for your design, too, and the "sluggard" one, too.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter

Haven't been following the forums religiously, but wanted to know if you all have seen
http://www.sketchswap.com/ ?

It's quite a bit of fun, and I've gotten a couple of cool sketches from people...I should probably screen grab them.

VOTE!

SkekTek

Hey folks. I got tired of trying to keep track of what designs I whored out, and which ones got rejected. It's too hard trying to keep track of them all! Plus the page load time is soooo... slow. So, I would ask you to go to my Derby site and check out all my entries. Including the rejected ones! Also has most of my early derby entries in one spot.

http://shirt.amakihi.org/derby_42.htm

Thanks!

-Tek

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:noodly!

I wonder if Joel will realize it is woot related.
This shirt and the bravewomen video made my day!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Hey folks. I got tired of trying to keep track of what designs I whored out, and which ones got rejected. It's too hard trying to keep track of them all! Plus the page load time is soooo... slow. So, I would ask you to go to my Derby site and check out all my entries. Including the rejected ones! Also has most of my early derby entries in one spot.

http://shirt.amakihi.org/derby_42.htm

Thanks!

-Tek

Geeze, I switched to all the accounts and gave the three I really liked the votes.
What more do you want from me??????? Blood?????? Votes for the rest of them???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

dontwantaname wrote:Geeze, I switched to all the accounts and gave the three I really liked the votes.
What more do you want from me??????? Blood?????? Votes for the rest of them???

No I just wanted to keep a list of all the entries in one spot. The whole site was made so that Woot can go and check out my "portfolio" when I submit dailies. Supposedly they like it when there's a website attached to a designer. But thanks for the votes!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

@Webfoot - Sorry to see you go. You should understand that the rejection notices are never personal, so you shouldn't take it so hard. That said, I understand why you feel the way you do. Hope to see you around again later.

@SkekTek - I'm keeping track of my entries/rejections with my shirtderbystats user page.

It seems that I am currently winning with 6 rejections! One of the new ones was for a Simpson's reference (neither my friend nor I had any idea this was from the Simpson's, and we're pretty avid fans - can someone point me in the direction of the episode?) and the other was because it was similar to another shirt. Ah wells.

So I'm currently in line for the "Reject King" badge, though I'm not entirely sure if I want that dubious honor.

Also - can you believe that someone has submitted over 40 entries? Insanity.

I am tempted to submit a shirt that just has a giant "42" on it, but that would be rejected for not being a slogan.

I also want to add that the 30 hour famine went well.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)