quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Help I'm Burning

This shirt is hilarious.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Summer Break Means Staying Inside

There's a color issue with this design (mix of pantone black c and 100% K)- which makes it appear like there are 7 colors used. Didn't notice this until now. There should be a single black color, not two shades. Resubbing with fixed black tone and a simplified cartoon elsewhere, just in case this is rejectionable.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Summer means staying inside (v2)

Simplified cartoon, reduced colors, and fixed a black ink issue. Otherwise, a typical summer event- running past a perfectly good beach to play fishing games inside.

SJCarlson22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJCarlson22
Re: Summer Cookout Guilt Trip

Sometimes the cow's stare is worse than its moo...

Thanks for voting!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
JadenKale wrote:To their defense, I had a slight misprint on my one Nessie shirt, and I immediately emailed them with my issue. I offered to return the misprint and 2 days from that email, I received a replacement. It's far easier and more cost effective for them to pull a new shirt than pay someone to stand there and watch 2000 + shirts come off the line. Hopefully that wooter did what I did and requested a new one.

I understand your strong position on the way it's handled, but they aren't creating this for a small shirt shop. The instant gratification of woot's customers needs to be fulfilled so the quality level does end up suffering just a tiny bit. I ordered 6 Nessie shirts, and only 1 had any type of blemish. I also ended up having my mother, brother and a slew of friends buy shirts without problems. So to me, since they easily fixed the issue, it isn't so bad. And besides, we got off topic once you saw that picture. My reason for posting that was not EXACTLY to show that it misprinted. It was to show that it misprinted so you could see the extra white base layer under the rest of the ink.

but getting back to our original discussion, yes there is a second white called a "Highlight white" printer, but I've never heard of it printing under another color in spot color printing. its purpose is to brighten the white areas that are visible. so i'm still wondering what a second white base would be good for. plus the fact that that's 3 out of 6 colors printing white. do the woot separators ever post here? i'd be very interested in hearing their reasoning behind their methods.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
toe2254 wrote:unless they've gone completely automated (which i seriously doubt) there's already someone standing at the end of the dryer pulling them off the belt and stacking the shirts. is it too much to ask that they pay attention to what they're doing?

I couldn't remember where the blog entry was when I posted earlier, but here's the write up woot gave us in reference to their equipment. They DO use an automated folding machine that puts them into the bags for them, but someone is standing there laying them on the folding machine.

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice
Schrobblehead wrote:You probably shouldn't vote for this.

Wow i can't believe this is at the top of the new hotness *giggles*. I really like your other design though, and its a shame that this, from what I can tell, joke shirt has more votes cmon wooters, lets keep it classy.

Kamdrimar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamdrimar
Re: I HUNGER!

Aww. I wish more people would vote for this. Currently in 7th. As great as some of the ones currently in the fog are, this one is still my favorite out of all the entries. I want.

EnveeApparel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EnveeApparel
sokowa wrote:Indeed, very nice. You know you got something good when people like me think, "You know, I'm not much into sailing, but I'd certainly wear this shirt anyway" (and vote for it)

Thank you all for the love. I think the shirt is great too!

I am pretty new to the community so I have yet to learn how you guys promote your shirts on here. If it doesn't win I am sure to send it over to threadless or print it at a local screen printer. I have about 20 of my friends waiting to buy this! llo

VOTE NOW!!!

EnveeApparel

nerfdude wrote:looks like the Active wayfarer shirt, but with aviators instead.

http://www.activerideshop.com/Active-Wayfarer-Fade-T-Shirt

llo I like their shirt better.

VOTE NOW!!!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
WeezTheJuice wrote:Keep it classy wooters

I'm Ron Burgundy?

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

toe2254

JadenKale wrote:I couldn't remember where the blog entry was when I posted earlier, but here's the write up woot gave us in reference to their equipment. They DO use an automated folding machine that puts them into the bags for them, but someone is standing there laying them on the folding machine.

i tell ya, we do love our toys.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Foo228 wrote:everything but the white "shadow" is great, fix that and I think you got a winner

yup, I think your right. It looks pretty bad. Rats.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

araneola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages araneola
Re: Summer Goddess

This is beautiful, sokowa. I'm surprised you could draw it within the color limitations. GMV

EnveeApparel

Kamdrimar wrote:Aww. I wish more people would vote for this. Currently in 7th. As great as some of the ones currently in the fog are, this one is still my favorite out of all the entries. I want.

It is a great shirt, I love the concept. I wish the design was larger!

VOTE NOW!!!

toe2254

Re: ...But I don’t want to be Frank!

i think this is a really good design and should be doing a lot better than it is. it is on white though, which is probably why it isn't.

yowyow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yowyow
Re: Summertime

This is (in my humble opinion) the MOST wearable design in this derby! Let's get it into the top 3!

traildragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traildragon
Re: Attack of the Summer Blockbusters!

***edited***

Nevermind... I don't want to start anything, so I'll just say

This design is GREAT. Please vote for it.

WeezTheJuice

Schrobblehead wrote:I'm Ron Burgundy?

wsprite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wsprite
Re: Summertime

I hope this one gets into top 3 so i can buy the shirt
Good Job!

Mcdm

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
jmd161616 wrote:Lots of terrific designs this week. Voted for several but this one is my favorite. Love the design and colors on the shirt
p.s. I love Edgar's designs and this one didn't remind me of his at all. I think this is quite different.

thanks a bunch! I wish it was getting more votes tho

Dhraakellian

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dhraakellian
Re: Fire in the Hole

Better proportioned than Army in my Pocket (edit: and perhaps nicer in some other ways too), but I'm not sure I like the idea quite so much on this one.

Also, being a recovering trekkie, I still have an aversion to red shirts, particularly red shirts with the means of my demise already printed on them. ;)

My colored box^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H qube has turned dark red^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H brown. I don't really need to show off a list of everything I've wooted anymore, do I?

WeezTheJuice

Dhraakellian wrote:Better proportioned than Army in my Pocket, but I don't like the idea quite so much on this one.

Also, being a recovering trekkie, I still have an aversion to red shirts, particularly red shirts with the means of my demise already printed on them.

Hehe yea, army in my pocket was a bit of an inspiration here, I definitely like that shirt and its concept.

whyskurs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whyskurs
Foo228 wrote:This is one of the few designs that I think is better off left or even right aligned, just not center.

Also, is it possible to put up the same design on a dif. color shirt? (lighter perhaps)

htebazile wrote:*sigh*
Loved it on the side, and on green.

Light blue or light green it is then...

You people drive me insane, but this wouldn't be as fun without the opinions, so YAY for RESUB

Dhraakellian

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dhraakellian
WeezTheJuice wrote:Just always remember to ninja-proof your stash!

And never beam down to the Ninja Planet in a red shirt.

Heck with it, GMV anyway, despite the certain doom that comes from wearing such a shirt. At least I'd be acknowledging it and having fun!

My colored box^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H qube has turned dark red^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H brown. I don't really need to show off a list of everything I've wooted anymore, do I?

madfrisbee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madfrisbee

Excellent work. Hilarious.

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
araneola wrote:This is beautiful, sokowa. I'm surprised you could draw it within the color limitations. GMV

Very pretty - and i like it on the peach. Good unofficial 7th color!

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Honu Kau Wela (Turtle Summer)

What can I say? Those who can...do

Those who can't, buy vector art.

Why you gotta belittle those of us who can't free hand stuff? Is this a free hand only contest?

ranna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranna
mjc613 wrote:The situation in Darfur is certainly hot, but I think woot will consider this o9ff-topic.

I recommend you withdraw this design, REMOVE THE TEXT and resubmit with a title and design having to do with summer.

I've never made a shirt before and how can I withdraw? I didn't even know there were themes. :\

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Systemuser wrote:Looks familiar...

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/marshmallow/-/pv_design_prod/p_storeid.64901937/pNo_64901937/id_13350407/opt_/pg_/c_/fpt_

It doesn't look very familiar to me.

I don't think Jaden ever claimed to be the inventor of the concept of roasted marshmallows, dude. Hers is done differently than what you linked (which doesn't even appear to be a shirt). Tattle it if you must, but I doubt Woot will be rejecting this any time soon.

mlander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlander
Re: Face of Agony on Summer Themed Object

ahahahaha.. take that cho. but really, the lemons shirt is terrible. i thought it was made in ms paint from the thumbnail and was actually surprised that it was cho when i saw

folkkevi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages folkkevi
ranna wrote:I've never made a shirt before and how can I withdraw? I didn't even know there were themes. :\

*sigh*

Lhyzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhyzz
JadenKale wrote:Lhyzz, resubbing them so the comments are no longer associated with them doesn't change the fact that you live traced the
hummingbird I posted last night.

It really would have been nice to see you take on the challenge with a design of your own. Taking the photo without permission will only end up getting the 3 versions rejected.

a) I didn't see you post it
b) I didn't LiveTrace it, I did it by hand. I used the picture as a guide as to what I wanted it to look like. I don't even know how to use LiveTrace yet.
c) I didn't resub them so comments wouldn't be posted. The first resub I did was because I put the ruby patch in the wrong place. The second time was because somehow the second wing's color was off. I didn't see any comments related to that photo, and if I had, I would have responded.
d) Don't speak for the mods, let them decide for themselves.

Lhyzz

JadenKale wrote:
It really would have been nice to see you take on the challenge with a design of your own.

I took on the challenge with a "design of my own" in two OTHER submissions, one was rejected because it was a coconut bra, and woot staffers think tree ants or boob-related things are icky. The other is "Summer Blooms" -- why don't you find something else wrong with that?

I'm sure it's really easy for someone with two printed tees on the site and another one already in fog of war to make assumptions about other designers, but I would never be so arrogant.

Lhyzz

JadenKale wrote:Lhyzz, resubbing them so the comments are no longer associated with them doesn't change the fact that you live traced the
hummingbird I posted last night.

It really would have been nice to see you take on the challenge with a design of your own. Taking the photo without permission will only end up getting the 3 versions rejected.

Further, here is a design I did last year for a different site. Back then, not only didn't I have Illustrator (I used Photoshop 7.0, which does not even have LiveTrace), I didn't have a tablet. I used a mouse and did it freehand. Again, I looked at photos to get an idea of proportions, but did not trace.

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Similar humor to my other design (Summer-ai), but that's ok- remember you can vote for as many designs as you want! (It took me a while to figure that out when I first started wooting)

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Re: Summer Grillin'

Yeah, cause sometimes it just feels this hot. Summer time in San Antonio, where I live pretty much bites weather-wise...droughts, 105 degree temps, high humidity, yard work...*giggles*.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

hahaha, great! GMV! Too funny.

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Re: I LOVE the summer!

Dude, I relate to this. growing up, summer time meant windows down and fans on full blast cause A/C units ate up too much electricity.