SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
redghia69 wrote:Right, manipulating the hotness by votes/revotes doesn't work anymore. Earlier today though a bunch of good but trailing entries in the 24-30th places took over the hotness. It seemed pretty odd. If someone with a few extra votes was just messing around, it would have been the designs in 4th & 5th -- the ones that really need every vote they can get -- that were losing out. Not a problem for me this week by any means. Just musing, trying to guess a purpose for the anomaly.

You can still manipulate it, but you can only do it once. If you have a bunch of votes, you can save them until times of low voting, then put them all on at once, and you're now in the hotness.

I think they did some funky with the hotness calculation on their end that had several designs showing up when they shouldn't have. But all seems to be back to normal now...

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
SkekTek wrote:You can still manipulate it, but you can only do it once. If you have a bunch of votes, you can save them until times of low voting, then put them all on at once, and you're now in the hotness.

I think they did some funky with the hotness calculation on their end that had several designs showing up when they shouldn't have. But all seems to be back to normal now...

Unfortunately, normal hotness doesn't include my own design.

I think my only hope now is that SDS underestimated the lead I obtained early in the week.

I've already started working a little bit on my design for the next derby, assuming that my prediction of "Fatherhood" is correct.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:Unfortunately, normal hotness doesn't include my own design.

I think my only hope now is that SDS underestimated the lead I obtained early in the week.

I've already started working a little bit on my design for the next derby, assuming that my prediction of "Fatherhood" is correct.

My experience eHalc, stop watching SDS. It'll only give you an ulcer.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:Unfortunately, normal hotness doesn't include my own design.

I hope you're wrong...simply because it doesn't sound like a fun theme.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

I won't be here at noon to post the derby cyberpub today. Just hang tight until I get back around 1:30 (central). My boss fails to understand what my availability sheet means. Yes, woot's new derby theme is listed as a time I'm NOT available. No, I don't have any other reason than woot.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SkekTek

superspryte wrote:I won't be here at noon to post the derby cyberpub today. Just hang tight until I get back around 1:30 (central). My boss fails to understand what my availability sheet means. Yes, woot's new derby theme is listed as a time I'm NOT available. No, I don't have any other reason than woot.

Spryte, it's ok. I'll wait around too to try to post the theme (EDIT: as post #2)when you get back. Counting down the days til you leave our country?

SkekTek

JadenKale wrote:My experience eHalc, stop watching SDS. It'll only give you an ulcer.

She's totally right, though it is closer now than it was. I was predicted to get first by 60 votes, and came in 2nd by 2, so it is occasionally off bigtime.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
SkekTek wrote:She's totally right, though it is closer now than it was. I was predicted to get first by 60 votes, and came in 2nd by 2, so it is occasionally off bigtime.

I lost my link to SDS - anyone got it, please?

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:I lost my link to SDS - anyone got it, please?

www.shirtderbystats.com

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Spryte, it's ok. I'll wait around too to try to post the theme (EDIT: as post #2)when you get back. Counting down the days til you leave our country?

26 days.

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:www.shirtderbystats.com

Thank you and good morning!~ Got to sleep last night at a decent hour. Gee, the morning hours are so pretty!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Webfoot08 wrote:Thank you and good morning!~ Got to sleep last night at a decent hour. Gee, the morning hours are so pretty!

My chinchillas woke me up at 5:30. I think they know I'm leaving or something...

Webfoot08

superspryte wrote:My chinchillas woke me up at 5:30. I think they know I'm leaving or something...

How do they wake you? With a hot pot of tea and pushing the curtains aside?

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:Thank you and good morning!~ Got to sleep last night at a decent hour. Gee, the morning hours are so pretty!

Same here. Hooray sleep!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Webfoot08 wrote:How do they wake you? With a hot pot of tea and pushing the curtains aside?

Growling at each other, running in their wheel (it doesn't squeak, just rattles the cage) and pushing the wooden house around so it scrapes the bottom of the cage.

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Same here. Hooray sleep!

I made savory buns last night, to have for breakfast. Yum!

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:I made savory buns last night, to have for breakfast. Yum!

Nice buns!

Great, now I'm all hungry. That bagel just wasn't enough...

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:Nice buns!

Great, now I'm all hungry. That bagel just wasn't enough...

They seldom are, in my experience.

I started watching a movie last night called "Copenhagen". It's about the famous last meeting between Heisenberg and Bohr in Denmark, and what may have transpired to abruptly end their famous mentor/student/friend relationship.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Nice! I made peanut butter and bacon truffles dipped in dark chocolate. Work will be testing them for me when I get there in half an hour. I thought they tasted pretty good. ^_^

Webfoot08

superspryte wrote:Nice! I made peanut butter and bacon truffles dipped in dark chocolate. Work will be testing them for me when I get there in half an hour. I thought they tasted pretty good. ^_^

Peanut butter and bacon? I don't know about that, maybe because I'm not overly fond of peanut butter. Ate too much of it as a kid, got sick of it. Now I only like it in Reese's cups. Don't know about the addition of bacon. It's a unique combination, though.

eHalcyon

JadenKale wrote:My experience eHalc, stop watching SDS. It'll only give you an ulcer.

Hehe, thanks for the advice Jaden. I'll be fine even if I don't print though, which is likely at this point. It's just another derby, same as if I was in the 20-30 range. I'm just finishing a little bit higher.

Good morning Cyberpub. I don't think I've ever been here this early. Woke up to check something (actually not SDS). Gonna go shower now and maybe eat something...

SkekTek

eHalcyon wrote:Good morning Cyberpub. I don't think I've ever been here this early. Woke up to check something (actually not SDS). Gonna go shower now and maybe eat something...

Must be nervous...

Bummed at the moment since I just learned that the cool sandbox calligraphy scenes from the movie Hero were completely contrived (not historically accurate) and that writing in sand would not translate at all skill-wise to real calligraphy. But boy, it does make for interesting visual imagery.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

superspryte wrote:Nice! I made peanut butter and bacon truffles dipped in dark chocolate. Work will be testing them for me when I get there in half an hour. I thought they tasted pretty good. ^_^

Plz to be sending those my wai, thxz frend.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Webfoot08

PemberDucky wrote:Plz to be sending those my wai, thxz frend.

Morning, Ducky! Any luck with the ...um... you know?

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:Must be nervous...

Bummed at the moment since I just learned that the cool sandbox calligraphy scenes from the movie Hero were completely contrived (not historically accurate) and that writing in sand would not translate at all skill-wise to real calligraphy. But boy, it does make for interesting visual imagery.

I lied. Haven't gone to shower yet.

If it makes any difference, I believe that real martial artists do practice calligraphy to train the mind. It just doesn't really help with the actual hackenslashery.

Morning ducky!

Now I go to shower.

And I swear it has nothing to do with ducky making me feel dirty.

PemberDucky

Staff

Webfoot08 wrote:Morning, Ducky! Any luck with the ...um... you know?

Let's just say I made a doody. [Edit: I should add that running more is ultimately what fixed it. I had to run a LOT to get everything moving.]

eHalcyon wrote:

Morning ducky!

Now I go to shower.

And I swear it has nothing to do with ducky making me feel dirty.

Sometimes awesome leaves a residue.

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:Sometimes awesome leaves a residue.

After the first part of your post, this part just made me cringe. Sorry.

I hope the next derby is a masculine one. I already got my saw blade design mostly finished.

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:After the first part of your post, this part just made me cringe. Sorry.

I hope the next derby is a masculine one. I already got my saw blade design mostly finished.

ahaha.... I didn't even make that connection. I'm icky!

SkekTek

PemberDucky wrote:ahaha.... I didn't even make that connection. I'm icky!

I still like you though. That's something...

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:I still like you though. That's something...

Do you like her despite the ickiness, or because of it?

Showered. Now I feel dirty because of the awesome.

Webfoot08

SkekTek wrote:After the first part of your post, this part just made me cringe. Sorry.

Saw blade design? *turns pale"

PemberDucky

Staff

SkekTek wrote:I still like you though. That's something...

Yay, I'm not a loser!

SkekTek

eHalcyon wrote:Do you like her despite the ickiness, or because of it?

Showered. Now I feel dirty because of the awesome.

Despite of course.

And awesome never feels dirty. More of like a flamey coating.

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:Despite of course.

And awesome never feels dirty. More of like a flamey coating.

Awesome sometimes leaves a residue...

Also, I'm not so good at drawing hands. Did I say that already?

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth

*blinks* you have no idea what my brain did, seeing this post immediately following the one about the chinchillas. I think it violated a woot rule on violence for sure. *shudder* or at least generalized ickiness. even if I do like hot savory buns. hmm, which just sounds bad. :P

I am so torn, because I want about 5 or 6 of the shirts this week. not 3. if shirts tie, will they really print both? could we be that lucky?

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

SkekTek

SaritaBeth wrote:*blinks* you have no idea what my brain did, seeing this post immediately following the one about the chinchillas. I think it violated a woot rule on violence for sure. *shudder* or at least generalized ickiness. even if I do like hot savory buns. hmm, which just sounds bad. :P

I am so torn, because I want about 5 or 6 of the shirts this week. not 3. if shirts tie, will they really print both? could we be that lucky?

Oh, ya, yabetcha! Two shirts for $10 plus free shipping. Wee!

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:Oh, ya, yabetcha! Two shirts for $10 plus free shipping. Wee!

I want a three-way tie.

SkekTek

Webfoot08 wrote:Saw blade design? *turns pale"

Yep. Table saw and blade. Problem will be if they ban text. If so, it might be rejected since the saw itself doesn't scream fatherhood.

eHalcyon

SkekTek wrote:Yep. Table saw and blade. Problem will be if they ban text. If so, it might be rejected since the saw itself doesn't scream fatherhood.

I'm working on something that is textless. The hand problem... I've drawn a hand to hold a staff-ish item but am now contemplating switching it out for a balloon string. Of course, the hand looks all weird with a string in it...

eHalcyon

Re the pure silence thread - is it ok to ask those people who mess it up to edit their post and make it silent again? Or is the point to get to 100 pages before some WAFFLES! TASTY WAFFLES! wanders in and says something?