tacgnol998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tacgnol998
tacgnol998 wrote:really hope this gets printed. it is perfect for someone i know and i would die if i can't buy this.

forgot to say what i was talking about, the yay for frendz shirt or whatever it is called.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Webfoot08 wrote:It's a ten-buck t-shirt. Get over it!

You continue to be wrong, of course. It's $1000. From Friday to Thursday, there is no $10 shirt. There is $1000 and a number of designs vying for it. Just as the best films should win Oscars, and the best raises should go to innovative and hard-working employees, that prize should go to shirts that offer a little something more. Unless you like rewarding lesser work, in which case I'd LOVE to work for you.

Simply put, woot has a bigger payoff than most other shirt sites, yet most shirt sites not only charge more, but smartly don't trust their own users to dictate each shirt's worth exclusively. Woot does trust us, and we try to screw the pooch every week. What's at stake isn't a $10 shirt. It's credibility. And that big hunk of money I mentioned before.

mjstark1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjstark1

Definitely gonna get this one for my father and myself.

vudruliant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vudruliant
Re: It's Going Out Faster Than It's Coming In

This shirt is a direct opposite of what tgentry and cho are doing for shirt.woot. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
tacgnol998 wrote:really hope this gets printed. it is perfect for someone i know and i would die if i can't buy this.

tacgnol998 wrote:forgot to say what i was talking about, the yay for frendz shirt or whatever it is called.

You should post this in the shirt's thread. That way I'll remember to notify you if I get it printed somewhere else. It's not even in the fog, so unless there are multiple ties in the top, there's no way I'm getting printed this week.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: The Heart of Nature

Darn it. Regardless of how it was made, whether or not it was up to someone's "standards", etc. etc. whatever...this was the only shirt close to the top this week I considered wearable. Sure, the shirts in the fog are well-done (especially the chogentry collabs...I hope to see more of those!), but they aren't things I would wear. At least my husband will be happy that I'm not buying any woot shirts again this weekend. l o l

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Re: Breaking Light

Thank you everyone who voted and who enjoyed this design. Thank you for so many kind comments. I'm honored to be as high as I am! Even though I probably wont be printed, I am touched that so many liked my work. Thanks again!

JadedMouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JadedMouse
SailorButterfly wrote:Darn it. Regardless of how it was made, whether or not it was up to someone's "standards", etc. etc. whatever...this was the only shirt close to the top this week I considered wearable. Sure, the shirts in the fog are well-done (especially the chogentry collabs...I hope to see more of those!), but they aren't things I would wear.

I completely agree with this assessment. Great shirt! I encourage others to try similar themes for those in the crowd that want something a little softer and wearable. Good job, and keep up the good work!

spamagnet99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamagnet99
Re: Thrive

awesome shirt! i love it.

maskedjellybean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskedjellybean

I don't mean to be a beautiful tulip, but I really can't look at this design without thinking those flowers are eyes. No matter how hard I try. Although perhaps if the oil well were alive that might have some deep meaning...

WBBulldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WBBulldogs

I would definitely buy this shirt if it won.

Number of Woots: 2

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib
Fujiko wrote:So, I saw this shirt a while ago, and thought, hey, it's kind of cute.

Five days later, I still have the poem stuck in my head. (As much as one can have a poem stuck in one's head, anyway.)

I have had the poem stuck in my head aaaaaall week!! The poem definitely makes it. I think I would actually prefer the shirt WITH the poem on it. If you decide to sell it anywhere, let me know

amybee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amybee

There were several others I thought were better

zayus1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zayus1979
neuroboy74 wrote:yeah, i know. my fav by far. i'm amazed it's not getting more votes.

I apreciate your enjoyment of my design, but I think I know what I did wrong.. First, the design is too low on the shirt, and secondly, when I look through the other entries, it's clear that using the full shirt image may have not been the way to go with the shirt comp and design detail images, but I'm proud of this...

eatyourkix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatyourkix

I can't wait to buy this shirt.

dasponge2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasponge2004

Im sorry, I failed you, im very limited on friends, but if you ever decide to print this or something on your own, im in for one no matter the cost, hit me up on my email, my woot username at yahoo.com

nemeronc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nemeronc

hope it makes it out of the fog...

turner05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turner05
SailorButterfly wrote:Darn it. Regardless of how it was made, whether or not it was up to someone's "standards", etc. etc. whatever...this was the only shirt close to the top this week I considered wearable. Sure, the shirts in the fog are well-done (especially the chogentry collabs...I hope to see more of those!), but they aren't things I would wear. At least my husband will be happy that I'm not buying any woot shirts again this weekend. l o l

I totally agree. This was the only shirt I was planning on buying. As much as I like looking at the other designs, it's just not something I want to wear/buy more of. I hope to see more designs like this! Congrats on making it this far up despite all the silly drama surrounding it.

Penlithius

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Penlithius

adorable

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
Re: Yay Frendz!

I agree with your placement decision reasons very much.

My condolences on finishing 6th.

My congrats on finishing 6th!!

dmkooo

yippee!!

dmkooo

.....crossing my fingers....

dmkooo

memorysquares wrote:why are people so hostile? the comments about the design didnt get hard until it went into the fog. why didnt people complain before. its been up for almost a week.

I do believe you are a threat to them, sir.....

Please continue to submit.

nkardos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nkardos
Re: The Heart of Nature

i'm in love with this shirt. great design, i want one more than any other i have seen on this site.

sloth4z

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sloth4z
Re: green is for camouflage

I don't know how this didn't win the derby. The top four aren't even wearable in my opinion. Please keep submitting stuff to the derbies.

OrangeKat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OrangeKat

Wow.I like it alot.I'm wait till i can buy it.

Xzanthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xzanthis

bldldldp

Xzanthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xzanthis

jk

annabell0587

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabell0587

i need to have this.

leia1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leia1225

I actually have a tattoo on my calf with an extremely similar design :-) Very well done, if I hadn't been away from my computer for a week I definitely would have voted for it!

leia1225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leia1225

I actually have a tattoo on my calf of a very similar design; if I'd seen yours in time I'd definitely have voted for it; very well done indeed!

Gutsuo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gutsuo

Really cool shirt... I am torn if this wins beacuse the last shirt I bought (pretty long time ago) was also green with trees

..When there is nothing left to burn you must set yourself on fire!!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
dasponge2004 wrote:Im sorry, I failed you, im very limited on friends, but if you ever decide to print this or something on your own, im in for one no matter the cost, hit me up on my email, my woot username at yahoo.com

IT's ok Dasponge2004, there'll be other chances for me to design angry things I'm sure.

dragonwild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonwild

love this design.... near miss arghhh. looking forward to more of your designs... great job...

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
superspryte wrote:Agreed. Very weird.

Based on that widipedia article, smiley is public domian in US, only trademarked in Europe

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Pocket Envy

The frog looks very lifelike. Unfortunately, the pocket looks fake. I am also concerned that the thin lines for the pocket may not show well on an actual shirt.

jargel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jargel

I like this one too. The shamrock boots are a nice touch.

aidenb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidenb

So disappointed this one didn't get printed. I hope it qualifies for a future derby!

Afrojoe5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Afrojoe5000

This better than all the ones that made it. I'm disappointed. This should be on my torso right now