+ Add a Comment

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:blah blah blah

On judgment day, there will be a special part of hell reserved for people who write in baby talk and lolcat. You Can Haz Eturnul Damnayshun.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
illuminator wrote:It's just a nature's way of recycling theme with a bit of censorship humor... so the asterisks are just asterisks... :D

You should find another way to get the point across. I doubt censorship will matter to woot, and even then, an asterisk counts as text. =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
rcs914 wrote:Love the idea! I just wish the knight was green in some way, rather than just the shield and tractor.

like this ...

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
pennglendinning wrote:Wondering how to do the halftone dot fade effect like you have on your earth there

In photoshop:

1) Create an image (300 dpi) in black and white, fading from white to black how you want with the Gradient Tool.
2) Convert Image to Grayscale: Image->Mode->Grayscale.
3) Convert Image to Bitmap: Image->Mode->Bitmap.
a) Input should hopefully be 300 dpi or so, have output the same.
b) Select Halftone Screen... as the method
c) Play with hafltone options, without too many lines per inch (4-8 or so).
4) Copy that back onto your image, delete white area, black area, or whatever works.

danlhaas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danlhaas
Re: Green from the Blue

Very cool design. Good luck!

AdderXYU

Kil1ertofu wrote:I realize this is a pimento, but for some reason I keep thinking it's one of those chewy cherry flavored candies you get at the movies. In which case, the other olive is better off. =)

I thought vienna sausage, but that would be one jumbo olive.

That is to say, I knew it was pimento, but it looks sausagey

mwm8180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwm8180
danlhaas wrote:Hello, shirt.woot community! With this entry, I officially burst my derby cherry. That's right, it's my first design. Hope you like it!
The idea, I guess, is to make it appear that the wearer's shirt is a large 5-dollar bill, and that Abe, for whatever reason, is not particularly happy with the viewer.
Thanks for checking it out!

WOOT! welcome to the derby!

i was wondering when youd get around to submitting something!
anywho, GMV. nice work.

AdderXYU

GravityJMB wrote:Doesn't this violate the no-text rule? It's cool... but I fear it may be rejecterated.

That's a very timid way of saying it. Of course it violates the text rule. It's nothing but text.

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge

StrawberryJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrawberryJuice
riffmaster18 wrote:I'm perfectly comfortable with people hating this shirt, but it's not clipart.

It was a slip of the tongue; please forgive. They meant paintbrush. Same thing, only easier. I have a few paintbrushes, if that's all it takes to win, sweet! I'll be busy tonight! -- it took hours.

acpletch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acpletch

Ahhh!! It's so cute! I want to cuddle them!

Re: We're Friends!

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge
Re: We're Friends!

Cool idea that would get a lot of odd looks. I can see myself explaining that forest fires actually help forests.

lilwerewolfgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwerewolfgirl
Re: Oops

cuuuuuuuute concept ende XD

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Wow, this is gonna be a fun thread to watch. Riffmaster, you are certainly skilled in a variety of styles. It's interesting to see that this design's demographic is still well-represented on woot.

AdderXYU wrote:Prussian Blue sold some CDs. You tell me if sales = value.

What does equal value?

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: It's not easy being plaid

I really like the frog, but it's just so big! a pocket-sized placement would be so cool.

nice details though, and nice work creating a plaid.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Green Eyed Monster

I really like this!

jeremyvm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremyvm
AdderXYU wrote:That's a very timid way of saying it. Of course it violates the text rule. It's nothing but text.

I won't be surprised if it is rejected, but I liked the idea so I went for it.

2thFairy

Re: Celtic Arbor

Very groooovy.. heh

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Cycle of Envy

Love your illustrations Beefcoat. Interesting and GMV.

Xzanthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xzanthis
breckenedge wrote:Cool idea that would get a lot of odd looks. I can see myself explaining that forest fires actually help forests.

What it really started to mean to me is that out of choas and strife sometimes comes really great and unexpected things. And a good oven mitt will solve just about anything

2thFairy

AdderXYU wrote:Yeah. This isn't a vine, so it'll definitely not get printed.

Shame

*tee hee* funny!

Very nice art, WarholBot.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
StrawberryJuice wrote:It was a slip of the tongue; please forgive. They meant paintbrush. Same thing, only easier. I have a few paintbrushes, if that's all it takes to win, sweet! I'll be busy tonight!

ha ha... Yes, that would have been slightly easier than drawing it - which was also very easy.

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Cycle of Envy

The man on the left is envious of the man on the right's wealth, who is envious of the man above's confidence and success, who is envious of the man on the left's freedom of time. Its a vicious cycle.

daddax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daddax
Re: Soylent Green

not on a green shirt

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

How do I tattle on this? Cause this is just a picture of me last week...well, at least in my mind. Really great picture! Got My Vote!

-FF

AdderXYU

haxrox wrote:
What does equal value?

Value needs to have substance to back it up. It's going to be a melange of opinions cut with respectability and knowledge. Or, to put it another way, if 50 out of 50 reputable graphic designers say Grow looks like a corporate logo, they're more likely to have appraised its actual value better than the 1000+ people who bought the damn thing.

kaliah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaliah

hiphippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiphippo

She's green and everything she touches turns green, how much more fitting for this derby can you get? This is my first submission on woot, so please leave me comments.

2thFairy

Re: Resembling a Tree

This is pretty cool. I would love to know the thought behind it. What are all the extra parts?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:On judgment day, there will be a special part of hell reserved for people who write in baby talk and lolcat. You Can Haz Eturnul Damnayshun.

Adder, you wrote some great stuff in the derby thread last night. It's because of those posts of yours that I respect you, despite some of your less than admirable comments.

Lolcat-style speech is not regularly incorporated into my writing, and that in itself should be enough. If "I can haz eturnul damnayshun", you "can has" it too. In case you didn't realize it, you just wrote in lolcat. Thanks for the hypocrisy.

Even so, I honestly look forward to reading more comments like the ones you made last night. I hope it won't be too long.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

2thFairy

snarkygal wrote:Another resub Bryan??? When was the last time you tried to come up with something new?

hahahaha!

Kil1ertofu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kil1ertofu
pennglendinning wrote:looks like they're about to take off ET style

They're phoning home for the planet!

rufishinjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rufishinjr

Really nice! I like the oven mitt thing. Clever.

endejester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endejester
Re: Oops

Thank you lil! <3 I think it's probably already too late in the day though <3

AdderXYU

eHalcyon wrote:Adder, you wrote some great stuff in the derby thread last night. It's because of those posts of yours that I respect you, despite some of your less than admirable comments.

Lolcat-style speech is not regularly incorporated into my writing, and that in itself should be enough. If "I can haz eturnul damnayshun", you "can has" it too. In case you didn't realize it, you just wrote in lolcat. Thanks for the hypocrisy.

Even so, I honestly look forward to reading more comments like the ones you made last night. I hope it won't be too long.

I'm nothing if not hypocritical. I actually voted for you, so if I mistakenly get brain damaged this week, I can start my shirt collection strong.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
daddax wrote:not on a green shirt

Read the instructions again...IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON A GREEN SHIRT!

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Re: Green from the Blue

Yes, I like this very much!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
2thFairy wrote:I really like this!

thanks! you know, if you move your head side to side his eyes seem to follow you.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
AdderXYU wrote:Value needs to have substance to back it up. It's going to be a melange of opinions cut with respectability and knowledge. Or, to put it another way, if 50 out of 50 reputable graphic designers say Grow looks like a corporate logo, they're more likely to have appraised its actual value better than the 1000+ people who bought the damn thing.

Fascinating how you still cannot get off your Grow soapbox Adder.

It was submitted, it placed, it sold, it was delivered, and people like their shirts - and still do after they arrived. So, what was value again?

Oh yeah. Something wanted for the money spent for it.

So, let the 1000+ enjoy what they got, and let the viewers vote for (or not for) this one also, the picture is not going to have it's way with your family or pets, it is just an image.

btw: People who make business logos make a ton of money. You should totally go into that marketplace with your superior knowledge and ride that gravy train. (/sarcasm.)

CarbonSasquatch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CarbonSasquatch
WarholBot wrote:it will... i think my designs are too complicated for the core audience... or maybe not

Could you expound a little on the graphic elements? I see a geranium, apple, green orange, artichoke red currant tree. The floating skulls seem out of place, although I guess it has to do with the title.