+ Add a Comment

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Energy Conservation

Oh man... the on-off switch made me laugh out loud. But I'm afraid that this is a no-text derby. I suggest you remove it and save it for a future derby. You could try removing the text, but it wouldn't be the same without it. I'd wait it out.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
pennglendinning wrote:Very well done. from what I've seen of your stuff in previous derbies you're one of the better artists on here.

thanks! i appreciate that

Elevenbane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elevenbane
eHalcyon wrote:Oh man... the on-off switch made me laugh out loud. But I'm afraid that this is a no-text derby. I suggest you remove it and save it for a future derby. You could try removing the text, but it wouldn't be the same without it. I'd wait it out.

Yeah, I just noticed that rule in the derby myself. Dang, and I really like this design too.

It was inspired by a light switch cover I colored as a gift for my Mom, who is crazy about sheep. There wasn't a dead sheep on that one though.

WarholBot

WarholBot wrote:thanks! i appreciate that

whats the policy on resub. i was thinking the tea design would fit in this contest and it didnt really get a chance last time. i submitted it on a wednesday I think llo

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Cloverboard!

I think the pirate lad is just a tad too happy to trade in his sea legs for a field of clovers!

Please vote!

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt
Re: ZE Green Machine

Hope you guys like this one! How does a tee shirt become green? Well, you see, you start with black since it has every color in it and you have to filter out every other color you don't want. And voila! Out of the faucet you get the color you want. See how well it dyed this shirt?

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Green Tea ZEN

Love green tea; great lines and graceful design OWT. GMV.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
WarholBot wrote:whats the policy on resub. i was thinking the tea design would fit in this contest and it didnt really get a chance last time. i submitted it on a wednesday I think llo

I thought the same thing about your tea design.

Exact resubs aren't allowed and will be rejected. However, if you can modify it, you should be safe. The extent to which you must make changes is debatable and, in the end, is up to Woot. Sometimes they let slide just changing the colours, though sometimes they don't (or so I've heard).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Kil1ertofu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kil1ertofu

This shirt is amazing!! I wonder if Woot will let the minimal text slide. I'm not sure it would work without it.

Raikus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raikus

A possible way to do this with no text would be to show a lightbulb icon in the place of the "on" and a lightbulb with a slash through it for the "off."

Good idea, but redo it quick with no text.

Kil1ertofu

Re: Improvised Fortune

This is cute, except it kinda looks like that fourth leaf is attached at the base. Maybe a total outline of that leaf?

WarholBot

eHalcyon wrote:I thought the same thing about your tea design.

Exact resubs aren't allowed and will be rejected. However, if you can modify it, you should be safe. The extent to which you must make changes is debatable and, in the end, is up to Woot. Sometimes they let slide just changing the colours, though sometimes they don't (or so I've heard).

I was thinking of drawing a new turtle for it... ill try and see what happens

heartluce

Raikus wrote:A possible way to do this with no text would be to show a lightbulb icon in the place of the "on" and a lightbulb with a slash through it for the "off."

Good idea, but redo it quick with no text.

Good idea! I'll definitely revote. I love your colors, placement, design. Just all of it!

NekoTayTai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NekoTayTai

oh im sad this one got rejected!!! it was one of my favs are you allowed to resubmit it for something else later?

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Vine

Nice to know this type of design still has a niche. One of these days when one of my shirts is reckoned, I'll have to try my hand at this minimalism.

heartluce

heartluce wrote:Good idea! I'll definitely revote. I love your colors, placement, design. Just all of it!

don't some people do a v.2?

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt
Re: Eve's Temptation is my Problem Now

I love your work! I'm still pulling hardcore for your camera design on DBH. This is fantastic.

erina7262

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
Re: Our Green Earth

I really really love this shirt! If it doesn't win, are they for sale somewhere else?

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
Re: Green Tea is Delicious

My third attempt at a derby entry. I love green tea! Only thing I could think of in theme of green that I liked a whole bunch.

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

Ok, here's my second shot at this! And here's a bigger picture:

Hope you like it!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: It came up green

I don't think this is the type of shirt woot is looking for. "It" appears to be off-topic.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Cycle of Envy

I keep wanting to relate this to recycling, as if each man is blaming the other for not "doing their part," but I like the design whatever the interpretation. gmv.

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
erina7262 wrote:I really really love this shirt! If it doesn't win, are they for sale somewhere else?

'fraid not. You're gonna have to round up a few hundred friends and get them to vote.

heartluce

Re: Rampage Salad

I love this dekon! Hilarious and well-done!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
heartluce wrote:I love this dekon! Hilarious and well-done!

Thanks heartluce!

mjc613

Re: Postcard

I would have liked this more if the picture was a bit bigger and without the gears. But I do like it a lot as it is. Glad you brought this back, it's very attractive.

Chronotrigga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chronotrigga
mjc613 wrote:This is very, very clever. Glad you submitted this

+1

Cheapassgamer / Digitalpoint / Webhostingtalk

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Yay Frendz!

why is the position of the design pushed to the right so much?

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
eHalcyon wrote:You should find another way to get the point across. I doubt censorship will matter to woot, and even then, an asterisk counts as text. =\

Anything else would look more like the uncensored version... I think it's very subtle... like that Roosteronia tee from last derby and hopefully the asterisks will be considered a graphical symbol... anywho... I have another one in mind I might work on tonight.. hopefully won't enter it too late. Thanks for the comments!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

propane and propane accessories.

mjc613

Re: Rampage Salad

All RIGHT!!!!! I know others have complained about anthropomorphic plants, but this pegged the humor meter for me.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
mjc613 wrote:I don't think this is the type of shirt woot is looking for. "It" appears to be off-topic.

Don't you turn green when you get seasick? I think this is referring to being sick.

Elevenbane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elevenbane
Re: Energy Conservation v2.0

Okay, fixed a bit of the switch. I missed the 'no text' in this weeks Derby. So now instead of an on and off switch the sheep have a weird symbol switch and a deadeye switch.

Kil1ertofu

Re: Energy Conservation v2.0

The double XX works. And I like how the sheep in the back looks like it has eyes because of the OO, but the front one..it looks like it says OS...or something... Maybe that's just me. But I think that the on should be OO like they're surprised.

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
Re: Green (Olive) with Envy

Hmm...I wouldn't be surprised if this was rejected. Interesting though.

illuminator

Re: 'Nade 2.0

AH! Too bad, I wanted that shirt... =o(

StarCadetReed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StarCadetReed

I can already imagine the insane narrative that the wonderful Woot copy guys could come up with for this thing... awesome going man. Love it.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Jealous flower

Alien pee makes flowers happy!

I love it.

illuminator

Re: Green Knight: The Weekend Warrior

Definitely buying this one!!! genius! looks like my weekends!!!

jaik3n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaik3n
kylemittskus wrote:You kind of took my advice, and I really really like how it turned out! Very well done from conception to execution.

i like the design alot.

I also feel as if we are getting the same types of votes, the color chart enthusiasts !

Vote for me! I'm STARVING!