murrayyyyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murrayyyyy

Really? Iceburg?!?! Guess I should stop looking on certain nights...

bigwheel75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigwheel75

Bought 3 Random Shirts yesterday. I would only buy if I had to say "I'm not smarter than a 5th grader".

murrayyyyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murrayyyyy
ctajc wrote:Iceberg = big chunk of floating ice
Iceburg = lettuce

Um, grab a dictionary...

Iceberg is lettuce. Iceburg is not a word.

ABHolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ABHolt
rsimon wrote:Bahahaha hilarious. I'd get it if I didn't jump on the 3 random shirts yesterday!

Dont worry, I can almost guarantee this will be available for the next dose of random shirts. Woot passes on great designs on the derbies to print up stuff like this that nobody wants. Go figure.

hbkdinobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hbkdinobot
Iceburg = lettuce

That is wrong... It is "Iceberg" lettuce as well.

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

Clever.

yes it's me lol

pcoleman17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcoleman17

This was a little disappointing for me...

Oh well, I guess I save $10 this way.

lheiskell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lheiskell

Lettuce hope tomorrow's t-shirt design is a shore winner.

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

I just drank some tea;
Lettuce turnip and pea.

Congratulations on the print, and the funny pun.

chichowduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chichowduckie

Hmm, even shirt.woot is doing its part in being eco-friendly by going green...

woot x 2 [monkey x1]
shirt.woot x 19
sellout.woot x 2

hbkdinobot

ABHolt wrote:Dont worry, I can almost guarantee this will be available for the next dose of random shirts. Woot passes on great designs on the derbies to print up stuff like this that nobody wants. Go figure.

Yeah whats really sad... We get a typo shirt no one wants with puns everyone is sick of... And we probably will never get that Lighthouse shirt.

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

Funny, cute, and just a tad too punny....

David

pcoleman17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcoleman17
hbkdinobot wrote:Yeah whats really sad... We get a typo shirt no one wants with puns everyone is sick of... And we probably will never get that Lighthouse shirt.

It seems Murphey's law applies to woot also.

sticky69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sticky69

Funny... but seriously... *giggles* I wouldn't wear it.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

I would've loved this if not for the misspelled word. Ah, well.

I don't suppose Woot would bother fixing this before the first printing, would they? Probably not.

ABHolt

hbkdinobot wrote:Yeah whats really sad... We get a typo shirt no one wants with puns everyone is sick of... And we probably will never get that Lighthouse shirt.

Thats what I'm saying. There were a lot of people who wanted the Lighthouse shirt, me included, that will never get it. It didnt even get honorable mentions. None of this makes any sense.

Bbqtime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bbqtime

I bought it even with the misspelling. I work in produce, so woot and threadless have both provided me with a very nice collection of shirts to wear to work. Aside from all of the fruit and veggie references, I have most of Cho's shirts too.. amazing work imo.

daftvillain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daftvillain
Iceburg = lettuce

Actually, ctajc, you're wrong. Both are spelled the same way.

hbkdinobot

parkermc wrote:I would've loved this if not for the misspelled word. Ah, well.

I don't suppose Woot would bother fixing this before the first printing, would they? Probably not.

I'm a noob here, but I get the impression that woot does whatever they want to do and doesn't really care what we think or what we want to buy. Oh well. I still like a lot of the shirts here.

Lhezzza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhezzza

Where is the Bacon and Tomato?....I needs a Sandwich!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

bad news: i have low cash flow

good news: with all the people complaining about it, if and when it does hit the randoms, i may very well be able to snag one

Cotmweasel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cotmweasel
DanP wrote:Damn, I wish this was available in something other than royal blue!

Yes, then we could have it in a sea of FIRE!

ekowalski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekowalski
ABHolt wrote:Thats what I'm saying. There were a lot of people who wanted the Lighthouse shirt, me included, that will never get it. It didnt even get honorable mentions. None of this makes any sense.

I can't even follow the derbies anymore, too disappointing.

Xijar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xijar

I'm glad it has the typo, I would have bought it otherwise, so I just saved $10!

Woots wooted: 5 - Shirts wooted: 17 + 6 Randoms

hbkdinobot

ABHolt wrote:Thats what I'm saying. There were a lot of people who wanted the Lighthouse shirt, me included, that will never get it. It didnt even get honorable mentions. None of this makes any sense.

I know it is ridiculous. That lighthouse shirt was one I was really looking forward to wearing. I hope the artist gets it printed somewhere else because woot doesn't seem to care. I would buy one immediately.

ekowalski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekowalski
Xijar wrote:I'm glad it has the typo, I would have bought it otherwise, so I just saved $10!

I'm struggling to find any sense in what you just said..

Edit: Oh i get it now, sorry i am slow.

bigwheel75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigwheel75

Thanks SHIRT.WOOT- you just save me $10. Don't try to send me the shirt for FREE... I still won't wear it.......

ABHolt

hbkdinobot wrote:I know it is ridiculous. That lighthouse shirt was one I was really looking forward to wearing. I hope the artist gets it printed somewhere else because woot doesn't seem to care. I would buy one immediately.

I hope she does too. I would gladly pay for that shirt. No it doesn't seem like Woot cares from what some of the long time wooters say. I guess they figure they can do what they want, who cares what the customers think.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

ya know the text is what I thought woot didn't like but, here we are text that really doesn't need to be there. I can put the two together. and laugh "a little" like the designer wants . but here we are. just waiting for my tv.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

holyhangtime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holyhangtime

Darn, I really didn't pay attention to the quote on the shirt. I was too caught up in the picture to notice how iceberg was spelled. The shirt didn't need any wording. What is the chance woot will just refund my money?

manil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manil

funny design, possibly getting one...although i think it would have been funnier without the text personally...good idea though nonetheless

stephaniewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephaniewoot

I love this shirt.
But woot is breaking my bank account :[

crocofish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocofish
TAYLORT5 wrote:ya know the text is what I thought woot didn't like but, here we are text that really doesn't need to be there.

You're right. I think the shirt would work better without the text. It's like having to explain a joke, making it less funny. I think people would be able to figure it out without explanation.

Hiymenator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hiymenator

I normally hate puns, but that got a llo out of me. Due to my irrational hatred though, I'll have to pass. Sweet shirt though!

jculver09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jculver09

*face palm*

This is the saddest day i have had with woot. I'm seriously disappointed. First the crummy photo paper, and now a shirt with so much cheese even my room mate wont wear it (he still wears his orange "this is my Halloween costume" shirt, in the summer!).

ctajc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctajc
murrayyyyy wrote:Um, grab a dictionary...

Iceberg is lettuce. Iceburg is not a word.

PAAAaaaAAaaaanCAAAAAKES!. Then I'm as baffled as everyone else why it's misspelled.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho

At first glance, I found this shirt funny and clever but the spelling error just really kills it. It is a fun shirt and congrats to the artist, but I'm passing on this one.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

dewittc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewittc

Just one more shirt with stupid text ... & they reject Mendi Butterflies because of a squiggle that looks vaguely like text... go figure. Just give us the lighthouse & maybe we'll quit whining!

kindergartencow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindergartencow

I know I haven't been a "wooter" long enough to have an opinion.. but not only is it spelled wrong, but it's using a tragedy as a basis for a joke.. which I don't really agree with..

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07

hahaha I think the pun is kinda funny, a head... a head of lettuce! oh it made me chuckle. But I would not wear it on a shirt. Anywho I wrote to sokowa about the lighthouse shirt and I believe she/he gets the rights back after 60 days. So just write to sokowa and tell them you'd be interested in getting one then, hopefully it can get printed somewhere.