nardobolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nardobolo
Re: Switch sheep at Night

I just love the idea and execution of this one and it has my vote!
That being said, my OCD is kicking into overdrive and just have to point out, the light switches are upside down. Up is on and down is off... If this wins I am going to get one, but I may need to up my meds to prevent it from driving me crazy. Well, crazier.

ABHolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ABHolt
Re: Circuit-ulatory System

Awesome, just got done studying the heart in my anatomy class. Definitely buying if it wins

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: newton's orbs

I'm guessing you designed this shirt just for the title.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
mrwednesday wrote:I'm guessing you designed this shirt just for the title.

Maybe since it doesn't seem like he designed it with intention of actually having it printed...it looks like it has more than 6 colors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ABHolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ABHolt
Re: Things are tough all over

YES!!! Nerds of the world unite!! Theres gotta be enough of us out there to push this one to the top!!

byrd8520

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byrd8520

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Zee Sun

Your close-ups don't seem to be the same colour as the design in your shirt comp. The comp design shows far more red in the sun...

Also, I would guess that these halftones are far too small to print properly.

It looks really cool though.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties
DYags wrote:don't think it has a shot, but this would make a great shirt. Got my vote

Thanks. and thanks to all who have voted for this. I really never expected this to have a shot. Really just did it for fun and because I hadn't submitted anything else this week. However, when I put together the shirt comp, I said to myself; "Dang! that's not a bad lookin' shirt". That boy of mine might be better at this than me. Hopefully we'll see some more of his designs in the future.

jeezpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeezpf
Re: The Nectar of the Gods

I really hope this makes it back up into the fog and gets printed. I absolutely LOVE it and will be extremely sad if I can't get it! Good Luck tgentry!... and great design!

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
joelterrific wrote:I would seriously encourage Krisrobinson to post a version of this shirt in this thread on the brown that Woot has supplied in the current template. The current version is not representative of the what the final print would end up. The Rejectorator looms.

I got the brown from the Artist Template.psd from the woot... if that's what you're asking. I used the shirt template from Cho or Jack...

gunstrike1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunstrike1
Re: Sound Energy

mmm E = I/c i dont get it. I'm still in high school. Did i learn that yet?

eHalcyon

gunstrike1 wrote:mmm E = I/c i dont get it. I'm still in high school. Did i learn that yet?

Sound energy density.

Zorro22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorro22
Re: Dream Eater.

You know, Edgar, your drawing style reminds me a lot of Shel Silverstein's, which is a really good thing.

We must not fear daylight just because it almost always illuminates a miserable world. - René Magritte

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta
Re: Earth's Energy

i love this design. apparently cynicism is in these days, so i'll further express my love for this design by bashing other designs! while i think a LOT of the submissions on here are beautiful logos, illustrations, and comics, this entry is a T-SHIRT DESIGN. it'd be nice to see one of those get printed on a, surprise, T-SHIRT, every now and again.

p.s. don't let rainy-day Narcissists get you down.

krisrobinson

joelterrific wrote:I would seriously encourage Krisrobinson to post a version of this shirt in this thread on the brown that Woot has supplied in the current template. The current version is not representative of the what the final print would end up. The Rejectorator looms.

here it is on the woot template...

eHalcyon

krisrobinson wrote:I got the brown from the Artist Template.psd from the woot... if that's what you're asking. I used the shirt template from Cho or Jack...

I'm not sure what could have happened, but the colour in this comp isn't the same as the template. It's really darn close though:

Above are the browns, from the template and from the background of the comp. I couldn't see a difference at a glance, but the hex codes were different in Photoshop so I took a closer look. It's just barely noticeable on my monitor.

Unless the template has been updated recently without a new announcement, I am using the most current version.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Re: Energy Rush

This design is definitely something I would wear because I have a thing for koalas and one that's wired from caffeine just makes it even more awesome. Best of luck to you in making it into the fog. You definitely GMV.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

krisrobinson

eHalcyon wrote:I'm not sure what could have happened, but the colour in this comp isn't the same as the template. It's really darn close though:

Above are the browns, from the template and from the background of the comp. I couldn't see a difference at a glance, but the hex codes were different in Photoshop so I took a closer look. It's just barely noticeable on my monitor.

Unless the template has been updated recently without a new announcement, I am using the most current version.

Maybe it happened in compression? I have posted a version on the woot template, hopefully to clear it up.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Power to the City

originally uploaded the wrong version. here is the correct one.

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan
Re: The long way around (resub)

Ha ha, I love this. We had to create Rube Goldberg devices in my high school physics class that went through each type of energy transfer. It was a huge pain, and my apparatus caught on fire during one of the test runs!

asyrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asyrith
Re: Dream Eater.

Edgar, you constantly amaze me. You are, without a doubt, my favorite artist on shirt woot, yet I am constantly denied your amazing work. It's obvious this crowd is not sophisticated enough to appreciate your talent. I want this and will buy it anywhere it is for sale, but I would love a large resolution for my desktop if you would be willing. Thanks for your consistent and amazing work.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: Power to the City

nice design..but i'm not diggin' the weird lined thing going on in the background...however, the windmill looks great.

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan
Re: Renewable Energy

What a shame, this is pretty funny. I love the bunny on the shovel.

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd
Re: Cant see the Forest thru the Electric Tree-line-BK

I really love the colors on this and the placement makes it really cool looking. I want one!!

soubriquet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soubriquet
tallmidget wrote:*the planets in this design are not drawn to scale.

This from a guy named "tallmidget" . . .

soubriquet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soubriquet
DYags wrote:seems like this one is making something of a "late" push for the fog. Got my vote.

It just had its coffee . . .

DarK41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarK41
Re: Circuit-ulatory System

Yay it's in the fog!

nautikal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nautikal
DarK41 wrote:Yay it's in the fog!

finally

moditripit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moditripit

This looks an awful lot like “Leaping Cats” entered in Derby #30. They’ve said reworks are permitted; hopefully this one won’t be rejected for the closeness. I was rooting for you back then, too. C:

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
Re: energy harvester

another submission! hope you guys like it!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
asyrith wrote:Edgar, you constantly amaze me. You are, without a doubt, my favorite artist on shirt woot, yet I am constantly denied your amazing work. It's obvious this crowd is not sophisticated enough to appreciate your talent. I want this and will buy it anywhere it is for sale, but I would love a large resolution for my desktop if you would be willing. Thanks for your consistent and amazing work.

QFT.

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

@rglee129 Thanks for looking! I love the turtles by the way! What's everybody's problem with light blue? That's my favorite color!

@ABHolt I hope they do! Where do they hang out nowadays? Digg, reddit? We need a nerd signal like the commissioner has for Batman.....hey, next shirt design maybe? Hehe.

Aaron385

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aaron385

This shirt is funny as hell!! I would buy 3 of them and gift two!! Please get this printed.. its priceless! though I kinda think actually writing "Renewable Energy" on it would seal the deal.

eHalcyon

DavidShenoda wrote:Anything you lack in artistic skill is MORE than made up by your HILARIOUSLY AWESOME concept! Keep it up.

He has artistic skill too.

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07
Re: Energy Rush

you can't go wrong sokowa! Love the euca-fizz, and love the design :D

Makalohee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Makalohee
Re: Renewable Energy

stupid woot rejecting things for no good reason...this follows EVERY rule.

just for that im not buying todays woot

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
Re: PLANET JAVA AND THE ATOMIC BEANS

I'm back from Ohio and rearin to go. First, thank you to everyone who voted for my mermaid design in last week's derby (First Step) and for all of the great feedback you left for me. Very much appreciated. I am fast becoming a shirt.woot addict and decided to give this another go as I was very excited to have done well last week. This design was inspired by sleep deprivation and the reality of returning to the day job in the morning (now only a few hours away). I hope you like it and might be willing to spare a vote. Thanks again for everything and beware the atomic beans--they are addicting!

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1
echo91 wrote:After working on this design... I went to submit and saw another Rube Goldberg Machine. I decided to submit because of the time and energy put into this. No offense to Swedishchef1 (who created a great design using a Rube Goldberg Machine too). I hope you guys like it.

No worries, that happens to me all the time -- by the time I finish my design, someone else has thought of something similar. How funny that we were both thinking of ways to use hamsters to light a lightbulb. Random!

frostnova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frostnova
Re: Powered By Potassium

love the yellow too ;D

frostnova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frostnova
Re: Music: The Energy of Life v2

Glad you made the revision. ;D GMV