krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Earth's Energy

Who would have thought a design with a tree and a sun could cause so much bickering. I love the internet!

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Motenai wrote:Uh, I didn't submit this on DBH...

I apologize. I finally found the shirt I was thinking of (http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/16335). It has a similar theme and perspective and in my memory they were the same. Next time I will find the shirt before I stick my foot in my mouth!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Electric Mnemonic

@Webfoot08 - After I made this entry, a friend of mine informed that the "proper" mnemonic is "red cats have paws/pos".

@Arnion - Crazy memory methods are cool too. There are some things that I know by rote... Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species... yotta zetta exa peta tera giga mega kilo hecto deca () deci centi milli micro nano pico femto atto zepto yocto...

@crocofish - I believe the Chinese zodiac "ox" refers more to the cattle. As far as I was able to come up with during internet research, the term "ox" refers to any cattle used to pull a cart (or something like that). Rather than just drawing a bull, I figured a musk ox would work better.

@dmkooo - I will not.

@dancerqt0284 - Science classes will mess you up. Thanks for the vote!

And thanks to everyone for the comments, votes and support. This design was made more for my own amusement and the amusement of the random science people here who get this sort of stuff. I wasn't expecting this to do as well as it has (broke the top 50), so thanks everyone!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

nosh3141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nosh3141
Re: Redneck Flash Light

Beautiful! I love the green light, and mixing the roughness with almost the mystical. The man himself is very well drawn. And to be honest, this reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

blindgirlbrokenheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindgirlbrokenheart
casey7725 wrote:Intresting, is she getting a blood transfusion?

hmm i don't really know. she is a robot and the people making her are giving her blood. but i guess u could say that

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Andy47240 wrote:Thanks suzyottomatic for the nice comment.
And thanks Robert for the "Best Loser" honor.

This should have been in the fog ;(
At least it got a BL award
It's my favorite of the derby. I look at this and think, wow, what a nice design and then notice the extra element of "energy" which makes it even more interesting. Let's hope for a Honorable Mention.

Mrfloyd5933

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mrfloyd5933
krisrobinson wrote:Who would have thought a design with a tree and a sun could cause so much bickering. I love the internet!

I think this is what that Rush song is about.

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725
Ostowe wrote:Thanks for the votes anyway! I enjoyed making the shirt, so you'll see more submissions on Friday.

I will keep an eye out

bobert414

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobert414
Re: Earth's Energy

sweet shirt GMV

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
Re: The power of the sun...

Cool shirt. I like the style.

eHalcyon

thatrobert wrote:

Thanks Robert! And if someone nominated me, thanks to that person as well. I'm hoping Woot likes them some coffee bunnies.

@lyndz06 - I hope I don't break the record anytime soon.

@dmkooo - Ohhh. Yes, I remember. ^^"

Thanks for the support, good people of woot!

uhhuhhuhhuh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uhhuhhuhhuh

Thanks majiksparkle, SirLord and Rfisher986! Looks like I'm not getting printed this week though...unless there are about 160 or so more science-loving wooters waiting till the last minute. Thanks everybody who voted!!!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Wind Energy

Hmmm. Doesn't look like I'll get much further than 100 votes this week. Oh well... at least I'm in the top 20%. Thanks to everyone who voted!

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Energy Transfer

Speaking as the relative of a mugging victim, I must say that for me this design does not evoke energy but rather violence. Just my personal reaction.

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228
Re: Sound Energy

took back all my votes on all the fog entries I placed in (only 2) but hopefully it helps...I want this shirt that badly!

Foo228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foo228

took back all my votes on all the fog entries I placed in (only 2) but hopefully it helps...I want this shirt that badly!

woobwoob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woobwoob
Re: Heart of it All

right on, i like it. GMV!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
nosh3141 wrote:Beautiful! I love the green light, and mixing the roughness with almost the mystical. The man himself is very well drawn. And to be honest, this reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

If you were lying, what would it remind you of?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Mrfloyd5933 wrote:I think this is what that Rush song is about.

Not quite.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: energy fields

HAHAHAHA resistance is futile!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: Switch sheep at Night

darn. i really liked this shirt, and was definitely considering buying it if it made it. like many others are saying, it really does seem to pop off of the background.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
taylorodonoghue wrote:I really like it! I sleep on the couch, unfortunately, and all my friends know it. They'd certainly love to see me wear that!

I'm glad you like it

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Foo228 wrote:took back all my votes on all the fog entries I placed in (only 2) but hopefully it helps...I want this shirt that badly!

thanks, you guys are awesome
every vote counts

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Soleil22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Soleil22
sokowa wrote:EUCA-FIZZ: The energy drink for Koalas!

Seriously, though. This shirt rocks my socks off. If I could vote for it a billion times, I would. If it doesn't win, for some crazy reason, you should consider letting people buy them from you. If you do decide to do that, plz. contact my at myspace . com / soleil22
Yay and Good Luck!

Super6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Super6

I can't believe this isn't one of the top 3 yet, this is the only shirt in the derby I would buy, I wouldn't even buy the one I submitted!

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget
Re: Energy Innovation

wow..i've been looking at the thumbnail of this design all week and just kind of ignoring it, and i finally worked up the curiousity to see the full comp. I have to say that it REALLY surprised me that a shirt with so few votes could be this cool. I really think that this is a great concept, and it was also executed well artistically...I have no idea why this isn't waaaay higher up in the voting.

eHalcyon

tallmidget wrote:wow..i've been looking at the thumbnail of this design all week and just kind of ignoring it, and i finally worked up the curiousity to see the full comp. I have to say that it REALLY surprised me that a shirt with so few votes could be this cool. I really think that this is a great concept, and it was also executed well artistically...I have no idea why this isn't waaaay higher up in the voting.

Probably for the reason you didn't notice it until now - another case of bad thumbnail.

I forgot to nominate this one for a best losers. I was going to... my bad.

litlblueeyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages litlblueeyes

good job makin it cute! us ladies need more shirts along the line!

BigPapaK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigPapaK
Re: A Flame of Energy

very slick looking... I like it...

Dabeastmode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dabeastmode
Re: Blue Flame

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

BigPapaK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigPapaK
Re: Blue Flame

This is a nice piece of art... hope it gets to print...

dj2deep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dj2deep

how is this desing not winning or even in top 4 i want this shirt badly! took back all my votes hopefully this will be seeing this design soon on the main site!

marcriedel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcriedel

It makes me sad that a shirt as amazing as this won't win. How pompous of me is it to say that I wish the derby voters' tastes would grow up? If this shirt included a zombie or a skull I'm sure it would win.

ggal121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ggal121

i took back my votes as well for the other shirts that are in the fog. i really hope that this shirt makes it back in the fog. it's a great design and something i would definitely purchase.

walt48416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walt48416

This is the greatest shirt I have ever seen!

cheapojoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheapojoe
Re: energy harvester

I took one look at this and it just blew my mind. This is a sweet design. Nice work!

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: The Nectar of the Gods

This would've made an excellent print. Such a shame.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

tulsastorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tulsastorm
riffmaster18 wrote:it's a black shirt

Dang. It looks like asphalt on my LCD. Navy looks like hunter green, so go figure. Don't like black shirts cuz they show dandruff, pet hair, etc. This design is so cool, I may have to have one anyway. You've got my vote.

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan
Re: Switch sheep at Night

I really like the colors for this, it makes the glowing effect pop really well. Nice job, gmv.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
susanzell wrote:At first I didn't like the size and placement of the coffee cup, but after thinking about it, I agree with the other posters who liked it small and where it is. However, even though most meters show levels in green, yellow and/or red, I would like the level to be brown for coffee and the shirt another color. I like it, though.

My thoughts exactly. Not into the brown shirts.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT